Author Topic: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 / GB CONCLUDED  (Read 368945 times)

Offline zzzaacchh

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (Invoices out, orders still accepted)
« Reply #550 on: Sun, 12 August 2018, 14:06:03 »
We are over 90 payments. 94.

So we have about two thirds. Not sure if this is good or bad, I tend to believe it is more good. Think it's normal that many pay at the last day - often did it like that myself.
Awesome, thanks!

Offline typischt

« Reply #551 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 09:36:38 »
Finally decided to pull the trigger, really excited about it!  :thumb:  ;D
One quick question which probably has been asked a few times already, but wasn't able to find anything about it with a quick look through the thread: In the order PDF, there is the SKB60 STD PL-B plate, which is not available in the order form (or in the OP). What exactly is this plate B?
Since I ordered a WKL, I'm guessing it doesn't matter anyways, because this has "it's own category", but still want to know and be sure.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 August 2018, 09:50:40 by typischt »

Offline typischt

« Reply #552 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 10:18:25 »
Finally decided to pull the trigger, really excited about it!  :thumb:  ;D
One quick question which probably has been asked a few times already, but wasn't able to find anything about it with a quick look through the thread: In the order PDF, there is the SKB60 STD PL-B plate, which is not available in the order form (or in the OP). What exactly is this plate B?
Since I ordered a WKL, I'm guessing it doesn't matter anyways, because this has "it's own category", but still want to know and be sure.
Wow, you are super fast! Already received the invoice and paied! Thanks a lot!

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #553 on: Mon, 13 August 2018, 10:21:24 »
What exactly is this plate B?

it was a plate that combined YAS and DZ60 layouts. at that time there was only the A and B plate for 60%.  DZ60 that is a PCB that supports the arrow cluster cramped into the standard 60% with lots of 1U keys in the lower right area. Only very few actually choose it so I decided to drop it and offer a dedicated YAS plate instead. so now it is Plate-A and Plate-YAS for 60%. yep, a bit confusing :)
with your SKB60-WKL comes a plate, the right plate is always included. you added an extra PLATE-A, so you will  have the ability to make a quick swap. also sent you the info mail, you use gmail so please check your spam for it.

Wow, you are super fast! Already received the invoice and paied! Thanks a lot!

oh, it is sooo much easier and quicker to write just one invoice instead of 150 :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 August 2018, 10:23:13 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

« Reply #554 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 04:00:49 »
99 have paid their invoice so far.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #555 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 09:11:54 »
Heya, curious, any way to get any other color than black? :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #556 on: Sun, 19 August 2018, 09:49:40 »

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He did mention you could request it as raw aluminum for you to have powdercoated or cerakoted. Not sure if it's something he's still offering

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

« Reply #557 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 03:49:16 »

hey, only black is available. the case (top and bottom part) is black anodized aluminium. the plate is black galvanized steel.
there were two or three in the very beginning who asked if they could get their parts raw/untreated. I said OK, so they get it raw, but that was an exception, I can't offer this to more people. there are already so many versions together with different shipping options that make the whole GB very complicated to handel. It's just black now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 August 2018, 03:51:29 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

« Reply #558 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 03:50:37 »
100 have paid, so I'll make that raffle soon and let you know who the lucky ones are.

Offline Data

« Reply #559 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 07:48:02 »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #560 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 11:42:41 »

hey, only black is available. the case (top and bottom part) is black anodized aluminium. the plate is black galvanized steel.
there were two or three in the very beginning who asked if they could get their parts raw/untreated. I said OK, so they get it raw, but that was an exception, I can't offer this to more people. there are already so many versions together with different shipping options that make the whole GB very complicated to handel. It's just black now.
No problem :) was worth a try to ask ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #561 on: Mon, 27 August 2018, 13:58:47 »
Small update,

around 115 have paid so far.
have sent out reminders yesterday.
still a few to go but I'm pretty optimistic that we'll get there after the first week of september.
I'll also prepare a new order list so you can all see who has payed so far.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 August 2018, 14:14:58 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

« Reply #562 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 07:56:52 »
UPDATE (PAYMENT STATUS):

I made a new order list - this time it also shows the payment status for each participant. There are still 41 invoices unpaid. We'll see after the first week of September is over, by then most of the invoices are due.

Please everyone check the list for mistakes.

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #563 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 09:24:33 »
UPDATE (PAYMENT STATUS):

I made a new order list - this time it also shows the payment status for each participant. There are still 41 invoices unpaid. We'll see after the first week of September is over, by then most of the invoices are due.

Please everyone check the list for mistakes.

Out of curiosity, if the unpaid orders remain after deadline, will those count against MOQ and possibly change anything, or will you still order them and sell as extras?
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

« Reply #564 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 10:53:10 »
Good question. We need all the orders to get the price per unit. I could do about 10, maybe a bit more as extras to get there, but I can't do 40. Still don't think we need to worry, I think it's normal that many pay at the end.

Offline Coloneljesus

« Reply #565 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 10:23:39 »
Last day. How's it looking?

« Reply #566 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 15:58:42 »

Well, since my last post only a few more have paid. As of now there are still 38 unpaid. I'd like to split up this group into three different kinds:

A) Four of them asked if they could get some more time. Thanks to them, cause if I know they want to keep their commitment but just need some more time, then I can proceed, assured they'll pay later. No problem with that.

B) Most of those who haven't paid jet have kept quiet - I'd be thankful for some feedback like the ones from A) gave me.

C) This is the group most troubling for me as a GB runner. 13 have just canceled their invoice. I only noticed that last week. Was a bit confused when I noticed that the number of unpaid invoices went down without payments going in. So I went through the list in my paypal account and noticed "canceled" invoices - I didn't even know this was possible. Paypal doesn't gave me any kind of notification for this. I wrote an email to them, basically asking what's up but only one single person has answered. He mentioned having written a note for me on paypal along the cancelation but paypal does not show me any details about those invoices other than that they are marked as cancelled.
So it seems like this group just had fun filling out the form but didn't feel any kind of obligation. They pre-invoice Email summarized the latest development and I totally accepted any requests to drop out by then. But just disappearing is pretty not OK imo.

So what now:
25 still open and 13 cancelled. I'd like to wait for next week and hopefully some more of the 25 will pay or just contact me and ask for a delay. If the 25 stay committed then I will cover the 13 as extras and the order will be placed.

Backup plan:
SKB75 and SKB60-WKL samples incoming, ETA end of next week. Will put more effort in taking pictures (all before were just by phone) and make an official reddit post (had promised that long before anyway). This should help to get the amount that justified the price point all were paying.

Production:
I will give the go for production no later than September, even if I don't get the planned number of orders. Wouldn't be nice for me but the huge majority of you paid and have been waiting looong enough - thank you for your awesomeness!

« Reply #567 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 16:01:46 »
Oh, aaand I forgot to tell you about the raffle. The winners are written down on a piece of paper that I don't have with me right now. Will let you know tomorrow.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #568 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 21:34:27 »

Well, since my last post only a few more have paid. As of now there are still 38 unpaid. I'd like to split up this group into three different kinds:

A) Four of them asked if they could get some more time. Thanks to them, cause if I know they want to keep their commitment but just need some more time, then I can proceed, assured they'll pay later. No problem with that.

B) Most of those who haven't paid jet have kept quiet - I'd be thankful for some feedback like the ones from A) gave me.

C) This is the group most troubling for me as a GB runner. 13 have just canceled their invoice. I only noticed that last week. Was a bit confused when I noticed that the number of unpaid invoices went down without payments going in. So I went through the list in my paypal account and noticed "canceled" invoices - I didn't even know this was possible. Paypal doesn't gave me any kind of notification for this. I wrote an email to them, basically asking what's up but only one single person has answered. He mentioned having written a note for me on paypal along the cancelation but paypal does not show me any details about those invoices other than that they are marked as cancelled.
So it seems like this group just had fun filling out the form but didn't feel any kind of obligation. They pre-invoice Email summarized the latest development and I totally accepted any requests to drop out by then. But just disappearing is pretty not OK imo.

So what now:
25 still open and 13 cancelled. I'd like to wait for next week and hopefully some more of the 25 will pay or just contact me and ask for a delay. If the 25 stay committed then I will cover the 13 as extras and the order will be placed.

Backup plan:
SKB75 and SKB60-WKL samples incoming, ETA end of next week. Will put more effort in taking pictures (all before were just by phone) and make an official reddit post (had promised that long before anyway). This should help to get the amount that justified the price point all were paying.

Production:
I will give the go for production no later than September, even if I don't get the planned number of orders. Wouldn't be nice for me but the huge majority of you paid and have been waiting looong enough - thank you for your awesomeness!

Oh, aaand I forgot to tell you about the raffle. The winners are written down on a piece of paper that I don't have with me right now. Will let you know tomorrow.

Great updates, best of luck to all in the raffle!
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

Offline ThomasTH

« Reply #569 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 23:42:10 »
Just keep in mind that you should not bear the financial risk of this, if you can't get enough sold to reach the price point we had earlier you need to charge us remaining buyers more.

Some GB runners are too nice and cover these costs themselves but then end up in financial issues...

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Offline Draic

« Reply #570 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 02:10:09 »
Just keep in mind that you should not bear the financial risk of this, if you can't get enough sold to reach the price point we had earlier you need to charge us remaining buyers more.

Some GB runners are too nice and cover these costs themselves but then end up in financial issues...

Agreed. But I believe with advertising the GB on reddit in a couple of days, it should be possible to find new buyers for those slots

Offline Coloneljesus

« Reply #571 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 02:24:47 »
Why not post on Reddit immediately?

« Reply #572 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 03:28:56 »
Why not post on Reddit immediately?

because that reddit post is supposed to show not much else than the build of the two new samples (SKB60-WKL & SKB75) that I will hopefully get next week. a friend will help me taking nice pictures. for reddit I'll try to let the pictures speak for it self. don't just wanna link to stuff that you can already finde here.

Offline zzzaacchh

« Reply #573 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 09:20:02 »

So what now:

Backup plan:

Production:

I would be willing to purchase an extra if needed to keep the quoted prices, preferably an ortho skb60 or a skb75.

Offline giangpn

« Reply #574 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 14:52:19 »

agree, I wouldn't mind paying extra to keep the GB going smoothly instead of put all the financial stress on the GB runner.

financial burden can get bigger quite fast, which increases the risk of another Ivan.
I see dead people.

Offline pertain

« Reply #575 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 15:13:51 »

agree, I wouldn't mind paying extra to keep the GB going smoothly instead of put all the financial stress on the GB runner.

financial burden can get bigger quite fast, which increases the risk of another Ivan.

Agreed. If the price point has to shift because of drop-outs, I'm fine paying more. No reason for you to take a loss.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #576 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 15:57:34 »
Please do let me (us) know if you need some more money for the case because of the deserters. I'm ready to put in some more money in case a higher MOQ is not reached now. No worries, thanks for sharing the problem openly. :)
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #577 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 11:49:45 »
I'm very curious to hear where we stand 48 hours past the payment deadline

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline TyrionLannister

« Reply #578 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 21:06:10 »
I don't understand why you're so hesitant to put an actual GB post together on MM. It's not like reddit requires some higher level of effort, or that it attracts somehow worse people. It was a mistake, I think, just having it here and deskthority.

Now that you're needing more people, you're still only going to make the reddit post to show off 2 new builds? Just make a GB post with the new builds and all the current info. Use RES and it's literally copy/paste.

Hell, you could even ask people here (who have already volunteered...several times) to make a post over there. I just don't understand the resistance.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 September 2018, 21:07:50 by TyrionLannister »

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #579 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 21:53:32 »
This thread is somewhat confusing, and I'd be interested in a WKL 60. What's the updated price point and ETA for these boards? Any more info would be great!

« Reply #580 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:12:16 »
Please do let me (us) know if you need some more money for the case because of the deserters. I'm ready to put in some more money in case a higher MOQ is not reached now. No worries, thanks for sharing the problem openly. :)

Thanks a lot for the offer but I won't take more money. A few more contacted me - they just need more time. Sadly most of the rest have preferred to stay silent.
But I'm positive the SKB60-WKL and SKB75 samples will help to convince a few more and get us to the amount I expected.

« Reply #581 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:29:53 »
I don't understand why you're so hesitant to put an actual GB post together on MM. It's not like reddit requires some higher level of effort, or that it attracts somehow worse people. It was a mistake, I think, just having it here and deskthority.

Now that you're needing more people, you're still only going to make the reddit post to show off 2 new builds? Just make a GB post with the new builds and all the current info. Use RES and it's literally copy/paste.

Hell, you could even ask people here (who have already volunteered...several times) to make a post over there. I just don't understand the resistance.

Like I mentioned earlier, please understand that I just want to get my hands on the new parts and show them instead of just linking to pics that the guys over at reddit probably have stumbled upon anyway. This time I wanna avoid lots of text, just convincing pictures. Hope you understand this one extra month is justified in light of the missing payments.

« Reply #582 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:48:23 »
This thread is somewhat confusing, and I'd be interested in a WKL 60. What's the updated price point and ETA for these boards? Any more info would be great!

Yes, sorry it is confusing because it grew over time and lots of information was added or changed.

Though we are not at 170+ due to the many who haven't payed jet, this is still the current price point:
- all 60% (SKB60) versions cost 115 Euro
- the 65% (SKB65) version costs 125 Euro
- the 75% (SKB75) version costs 135 Euro
- YAS PCB 37 Euro
- extra plate 20 Euro

would be much too complicated to refund you if you pay for a price point that is for a lower number. Everyone payed this so far and we'll keep it that way, I'm positive we'll get the 170units once I show the next sample parts.

Will place the order at the beginning of october, one month later than expected. production will take about one month. exact ETA is difficult since packing and sending roughly 150 packages will take some time, but I hope do get taht done in about two weeks (or is that too optimistic?). shipping takes some time so I assume ETA for US orders is december.

Just a note to avoid confusion because I talked about roughly 150 orders but the price point is for 170. This is because quite a few of the 150 who ordered, choose to get more than one case.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #583 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 09:48:40 »

I think the purpose of his waiting to blast it out on r/MK and r/Mechmarket is that the nature of the reddit decay system means those posts need to be high concentration of attention grabbing for the short attention spans and window that the post(s) will be visible before they get buried. I believe his intent is to put together a full final comprehensive GB post out on Reddit (Officially from him, I've offered unofficial assistance in the early stages), since the reddit post updates get missed easily.

I have the same confidence that reddit population will give this a nice surge of orders, but I also can understand that PlastikSchnittstelle also wants to ensure that all existing original orders are processed and paid first as a priority, and as a way to iron out the kinks before the final sprint. There's a lot of logistics involved with all the options this GB offers, and his transparency about the timeline has been well explained and understandable, and in my eyes is more welcome than how most usual GBs proceed.
More

Offline E_rik

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (Invoices out, payment phase extended)
« Reply #584 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 01:35:35 »
I have no problems paying a bit more or waiting a bit longer.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline E_rik

« Reply #585 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 01:40:27 »
What’s the status for the YAS PCBs? Do you already have them in stock, did you already order them, or are you waiting until you received all payments? Do you have commitment from Yasin/Silentreader that he can deliver the amounts you need?

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #586 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 02:43:58 »
What’s the status for the YAS PCBs? Do you already have them in stock, did you already order them, or are you waiting until you received all payments? Do you have commitment from Yasin/Silentreader that he can deliver the amounts you need?

Don't worry about PCB, all will be sent to plastik after all payment complete  ;)

Offline Waven

« Reply #587 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 14:37:30 »
Any update?
Can you tell us the winners of the raffle?  ;D

Offline kekstee

« Reply #588 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 05:56:14 »
Last thing I heard was that the protos were delayed again^^

Super difficult to run something this large, at least now he has a lot of paid orders as decent footing. Convincing a few more might work out. Otherwise I'd be fine with a small price bump as well, just fyi.

« Reply #589 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 09:58:41 »

Oh yes, the raffle, sorry I forgot about it again. Just dug out the piece of paper I wrote the winners down to. Here they are:

draic
johngodsmith
-pineapple-
noobas4urus
LightningXI

Like I had stated before, hansichen is added for being the first who joined the GB and Zuology for his help here in the forum.
To all of them, congratulations and please let me know which version you'd like to have added.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #590 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 10:23:37 »
Congrats to the raffle winners! Any news of the last round of samples?
More

« Reply #591 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 14:50:13 »
Any news of the last round of samples?

I was certainly too optimistic. don't have em jet. they treat them as "urgent", won't take much longer i assume.

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #592 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 20:28:27 »

Oh yes, the raffle, sorry I forgot about it again. Just dug out the piece of paper I wrote the winners down to. Here they are:

draic
johngodsmith
-pineapple-
noobas4urus
LightningXI

Like I had stated before, hansichen is added for being the first who joined the GB and Zuology for his help here in the forum.
To all of them, congratulations and please let me know which version you'd like to have added.

Awesome awesome awesome!  Congrats to the other winners and thank you PlastikSchnittstelle!  Ausgezeichnet!
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline rymnd6c28

« Reply #593 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 01:13:01 »
I may have been one of the person you'd likely to convince with the SKB75 sample. Does it fit B.mini PCB from winkeyless? I'm also wondering if I can get the plate's SVG file if I joined for one.

« Reply #594 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 15:47:21 »
I may have been one of the person you'd likely to convince with the SKB75 sample. Does it fit B.mini PCB from winkeyless? I'm also wondering if I can get the plate's SVG file if I joined for one.
Hey, yes, that PCB will fit as well, like almost any other will. As long as you see your desired layout supported by one of the skb-plates, it will work. Since SKB is a top mount case, you don't need to care about screw hole positions in the PCB - they just aren't relevant.

SVG? So you wanna make a plate with your layout by using something like adobe illustrator? I don't feel good about this. SVG is for web, not for manufacturing and illustrator lacks the needed precision. If you don't want this to go wrong, please use CAD. Sure I'll give you a DXF file.

ELSE:
btw, last time I phoned the manufacturer about the status of the samples was thursday. at the time the parts were being bead blasted. got to be this week!

Offline rymnd6c28

« Reply #595 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 21:20:45 »
Hey, yes, that PCB will fit as well, like almost any other will. As long as you see your desired layout supported by one of the skb-plates, it will work. Since SKB is a top mount case, you don't need to care about screw hole positions in the PCB - they just aren't relevant.

SVG? So you wanna make a plate with your layout by using something like adobe illustrator? I don't feel good about this. SVG is for web, not for manufacturing and illustrator lacks the needed precision. If you don't want this to go wrong, please use CAD. Sure I'll give you a DXF file.

ELSE:
btw, last time I phoned the manufacturer about the status of the samples was thursday. at the time the parts were being bead blasted. got to be this week!

I see, I asked for svg just because I didn't know what most ppl use. Sorry for the ignorance.
How about the USB cut out for B.mini?

« Reply #596 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 07:34:51 »
How about the USB cut out for B.mini?

Everything fine with the USB cutout, it's at the standard position, between the first and second key of the top row. some PCB's have the usb port perfectly centered between these two keys, some have it about 1mm more to the left or others more to the right. Some have the port extend out a bit more some less. All no problem, the cutout of the case accounts for that.

link to the B.mini PCB:
https://winkeyless.kr/product/b-mini-x2-pcb/

Offline kmfmppl

« Reply #597 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 12:07:04 »
ELSE:

Great news! :D

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #598 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 09:48:15 »

ELSE:

It's now next week :p

« Reply #599 on: Tue, 02 October 2018, 13:36:31 »
It's now next week :p

Everything is ready for the samples. Got 200 cherry mx black from arrow delivered today. two different kinds of lube. PCBs I have enough already. Thought long and hard about the layout I'll use and the caps to put on. Camera is also here now. Just the samples haven't arrived jet. My hand's are tied atm, will call them tomorrow.