Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4155648 times)

Offline Findecanor

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #24050 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 09:37:02 »
Swedish people no longer have manners.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24051 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 09:55:55 »

Don't move to the US, can't be any better here.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #24052 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 10:09:10 »

Don't move to the US, can't be any better here.

As long as the Swedish females remain skinny and attractive, it's probably ok to be a little more rude.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24053 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 19:11:12 »
When an eBay seller turns down all of your offers then you see they sold the item for .14¢ more than you offered  :mad:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24054 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 19:11:46 »
When an eBay seller turns down all of your offers then you see they sold the item for .14¢ more than you offered  :mad:

It's probably on auto.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24055 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:07:56 »
Boss says, 'Don't go to meeting!'

Everyone in meeting, 'Where are you?'

:facepalm:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24056 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:08:34 »
Boss says, 'Don't go to meeting!'

Everyone in meeting, 'Where are you?'

:facepalm:

Tp4 used to only shows up if there were free sandwiches !!

I remember they one time had DIY breakfast biscuits,  so I had 4 slice sausage patty , 3 slice of american cheese, 3 slices of white american, tomato, and 2 egg slice. 

It was a nice 5 inch tall biscuit

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24057 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:16:32 »
I sometimes get $1 sandwiches on the McDonalds mobile app, so I once got a Grand Big Mac with extra toppings, extra cheese, and extra beef for $2.30.  :D
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24058 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:19:39 »
I sometimes get $1 sandwiches on the McDonalds mobile app, so I once got a Grand Big Mac with extra toppings, extra cheese, and extra beef for $2.30.  :D

Back when the dollar menu burgers used to be the same size as the regular burgers..

Those were the days..

You'd just get 3x $1menu burgers, and it'd have more stuff than the regular.

Can't do it now, cuz they've sized them down

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24059 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:23:28 »
Ooh I mean a discount. Any sandwich on the menu for $1. I still get double cheeseburgers and McChicken's and put them together, just like in high school.  :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24060 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:26:50 »
Ooh I mean a discount. Any sandwich on the menu for $1. I still get double cheeseburgers and McChicken's and put them together, just like in high school.  :))

I stopped doing mcchicken , and went with the Fish combo..

Because I felt the burger needed m0ar umami flavor..

To add the chicken though, the nuggets might be a better deal, cuz all the nuggets together is more than the  patty for the price.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #24061 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:43:22 »

To add the chicken though, the nuggets might be a better deal, cuz all the nuggets together is more than the  patty for the price.

But then you run the risk of the nuggs falling out of the sandwich.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24062 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:55:15 »

But then you run the risk of the nuggs falling out of the sandwich.

The trick is, to use the sandwich wrapper like banana skin, to keep the lower half together while you eat from above.

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #24063 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 12:32:20 »
Today's bothering me topic is Driving in America!

- Use your indicators, damnit, and not half way through your turn, 100ft is the usual code req. I'm usually on two wheels, so I use your a vehicle's behaviour to help predict the movements around me, I need indicators to do that. Also: when you emerge, when you stop pull over, when you change lanes. If you want me to be faster on my bicycle, give me a heads-up so I can get my speed up, otherwise I'm just waiting for you to do something stupid.
- And on this: hazard lights are not indicators to stop. Indicate, pull over, then turn on your hazard. I can usually only see half of your vehicle, a hazard can easily look like a right or left turn;
- 4-way stops. What is this bull****? Inefficient at best, chaotic and aggressive at worst. I never thought I'd miss mini-roundabouts but I do;
- Your phone. Stop it.
- And eating! I can see in through your side windows - people do the most absurdly inappropriate **** while driving, and I've not seen anyone be more distracted than American drivers. Yesterday a lady was eating a 12-nugget + dips breakfast. You can tell someone is doing weird **** from behind, I curse you if you confirm my suspicions when I come up alongside and you are indeed putting on your makeup or *checking facebook!*;
- All lanes that are not the furthest right are for overtaking. Zero lane discipline here. See also: Rolling Roadblocks. Happens every few miles, on motorcycle I have to wade through each of them;
- Stop jumping lights. SF drivers are the most light-jumpy I've seen, holy moly;
- American cars are stupid big. You don't need your wing mirrors at my head height to take your little brats to sport practice.

Thanks for letting me beat this dead horse a little more.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:24:28 by emenelopee »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #24064 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 12:48:01 »
- All lanes that are not the furthest right are for overtaking. Zero lane discipline here. See also: Rolling Roadblocks. Happens every few miles, on motorcycle I have to wade through each of them;

HATE this in the UK.

Use the damn left lane if you're not overtaking.

I'm a bit of a ****, so I'll go from the left lane, all the way to the right lane, and back to the left, whilst cutting them off, hoping they get the message :))

At least it's the law in the UK.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24065 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:22:26 »
Amazon closed my account for no reason.

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #24066 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:26:49 »

HATE this in the UK.

I'm a bit of a ****, so I'll go from the left lane, all the way to the right lane, and back to the left, whilst cutting them off, hoping they get the message :))

Bring on self-driving cars. Also one of the biggest obstacles is getting the robots to understand unpredictable human drivers.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #24067 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 13:59:15 »
That makes for a terrible day....

I've heard of them doing that and am always unsure when I return something if it'll be the last time... :eek:

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24068 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 14:01:11 »

I've heard of them doing that and am always unsure when I return something if it'll be the last time... :eek:

It would be one thing if I received a warning message and then another message informing me that my account was closed. But Amazon support doesn't even know why it was closed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24069 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 14:08:49 »

It would be one thing if I received a warning message and then another message informing me that my account was closed. But Amazon support doesn't even know why it was closed.

So, buying 20 tvs and returning them had nothing to do with it.. hahahah just kidding.

Well, if they don't even know why it closed,  that means you can get it re-opened no ?

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24070 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 14:21:07 »
Well, if they don't even know why it closed,  that means you can get it re-opened no ?[/size][/color]

I hope so. I used to return stuff a lot more, but in the past year or so I've probably only returned 4-5 things out of hundreds of orders.

Offline iri

« Reply #24071 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 04:45:46 »

HATE this in the UK.

Do you also do "orbits" on motorways around drivers who aren't in the left lane?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #24072 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 04:48:57 »
on topic: i'm sleep deprived. also ready for the usual pub talk with strangers to shift from 'russians are all homophobic' to something something nerve agents
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24073 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 12:25:42 »
The two most pervasive thoughts in my daily life for the past few months have been thinking about suicide and wishing for large amounts of wealth. Probably at least a dozen times a day my mind wanders wishing I would just die, and other times wishing for a lot of money for no reason. What the **** is wrong with my brain lately? Thoughts of death have always been a part of my daily, they are just much more often now. But I'd never been obsessed with becoming a wealthy individual before, so I've no clue why my brain decided to latch onto that idea that somehow becoming rich overnight would fix all my problems. Wish these thoughts would freaking stop invading my mind all the time, it's starting to become an actual issue at this point and I dunno how to make it stop :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24074 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 12:34:52 »
The two most pervasive thoughts in my daily life for the past few months have been thinking about suicide and wishing for large amounts of wealth. Probably at least a dozen times a day my mind wanders wishing I would just die, and other times wishing for a lot of money for no reason. What the **** is wrong with my brain lately? Thoughts of death have always been a part of my daily, they are just much more often now. But I'd never been obsessed with becoming a wealthy individual before, so I've no clue why my brain decided to latch onto that idea that somehow becoming rich overnight would fix all my problems. Wish these thoughts would freaking stop invading my mind all the time, it's starting to become an actual issue at this point and I dunno how to make it stop :(

Successive Micro-strokes caused by congested microvasculature of your brain, due to high fats consumption.

Severe mal-nutrition resultant of lack of plants intake leading to cognitive deregulation and degenerations.

Rapid buildup of neurotoxic compounds from animal foods/products.

--  Animal foods are the last link on the food chain, so it heavily concentrates ALL of the industrial and agricultural chemicals humans use in that system..

Think about how much grain cows eat,   now, however much pesticide / gmo toxins is in the grain, is concentrated in the cow,  and is concentrated in -Noisyturtle-..

Animal foods, are mega-doses of pollutants, antibiotics, antibiotic resistant bacteria, hormones, fecal matter, viruses,  all the bad stuff.. hahahaha

191461-0

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24075 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 12:38:13 »
Being rich would solve all your problems noisy, whether you enjoy learning stuff or need training/qualifications so you can get a job which makes you happy or you just want to see the world you need money.  An excess would enable you to help people around you too so that would be preferable to having just enough.

As for the thoughts of suicide I live half a step behind you - I don't see the point in carrying on living but life is not hard enough to put any effort into not doing so and people like me being here, so I'm not going anywhere.  Distraction seems to be the best remedy but it's only temporary and, well, see above.

I've started buying lottery tickets...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24077 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 12:56:38 »

Gambling addiction..

//it begins ?? !!

Nope, I don't have an addictive personality so no risk of that thankfully.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24078 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 13:08:20 »

Nope, I don't have an addictive personality so no risk of that thankfully.

But you haven't tried dat breaking bad blue meth yet .. !! 99.1%

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24079 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 13:18:15 »
Being rich would solve all your problems noisy, whether you enjoy learning stuff or need training/qualifications so you can get a job which makes you happy or you just want to see the world you need money.  An excess would enable you to help people around you too so that would be preferable to having just enough.

As for the thoughts of suicide I live half a step behind you - I don't see the point in carrying on living but life is not hard enough to put any effort into not doing so and people like me being here, so I'm not going anywhere.  Distraction seems to be the best remedy but it's only temporary and, well, see above.

hmmm maybe you're right, I'm looking at gaining wealth as a cure-all for my current stacked woes, which it would be but also likely to create a load of other problems

there's something more of a core issue at work here just need to do some self-searching to discover a reasonable cause

I'm sure a big part of it has to do with losing my job, because this started happening right around the time they announced that

Logically both money or suicide would solve all my current issues, funny that.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24080 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 13:34:46 »
I've contemplated suicide more times than I can count but never seriously did anything, mostly just because I couldn't bear the thought of my mom seeing me dead. My life has gotten better though and I am in an okay place right now.  ^-^

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24081 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 13:52:34 »
I've contemplated suicide more times than I can count but never seriously did anything, mostly just because I couldn't bear the thought of my mom seeing me dead. My life has gotten better though and I am in an okay place right now.  ^-^

TIL,  gekhakrs are really into suicide..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #24082 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 14:05:43 »

TIL,  gekhakrs are really into suicide..

#metoothanks

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #24083 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 15:11:27 »
Money is not a cure all, but it is the universal enabler. WHAT it enables is up to the person, it won't cure anything on it's own, more likely it will make it all worse if used improperly. 

When I was depressed, it was because I felt I lacked purpose or direction. Once I found purpose and direction by finally getting a career, I was able to channel that depression into relentless workaholicism (Is that a word?). Now in my down time I feel deserving of it from my productiveness in something I could feel proud of. That was the cure for me.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24084 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 16:56:55 »
Money is not a cure all, but it is the universal enabler. WHAT it enables is up to the person, it won't cure anything on it's own, more likely it will make it all worse if used improperly. 

When I was depressed, it was because I felt I lacked purpose or direction. Once I found purpose and direction by finally getting a career, I was able to channel that depression into relentless workaholicism (Is that a word?). Now in my down time I feel deserving of it from my productiveness in something I could feel proud of. That was the cure for me.
Lack of purpose and direction is exactly the problem, been looking for years but no luck.

Workaholism certainly should be a word if it isn't and a rewarding job is a great distraction, probably the best as it makes money.  What wondrous job did you get? 
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #24085 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 17:06:21 »
Lack of purpose and direction is exactly the problem, been looking for years but no luck.
move abroad where it's sunny

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24086 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 17:26:13 »
move abroad where it's sunny
No thanks - England is too hot already, were I to move abroad it would be to Canada because it's cold and they speak English so I wouldn't be a disrespectful immigrant who can't communicate with the locals.  Preferred option is Iceland but that's expensive and the language isn't easy to learn as hardly anyone speaks it...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24088 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 17:54:23 »
England is too hot already
:eek:

also, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/26/icelandic-language-battles-threat-of-digital-extinction
Well it's true, apart from a couple of days when there was snow a couple of weeks back I've been walking home at night wearing a t-shirt and a coat that's not done up.  You can always wear more clothes if it gets cold but I can't wear less in summer due to sexist office rules (women can wear whatever, men must wear shirts and trousers) not to mention sunburn.

Exactly - it's a big part of their identity so would be rude to live there and not speak the language, dying or otherwise :(
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24089 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 17:58:14 »
My depression was largely due to other reasons, which I definitely wouldn't include in the lack of direction or purpose category. Also, Iceland mostly speaks English, only rarely would you ever need to know Icelandic.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24090 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 18:32:25 »
Sorry to hear that, depression doesn't sound fun (said having recently convinced doctors that I'm not depressed)

Doesn't matter if Icelanders do speak English they shouldn't have to and as a matter of principal I wouldn't go there unable to speak at least the useless basics you get taught in other languages at school.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24091 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 18:36:06 »

Doesn't matter if Icelanders do speak English they shouldn't have to and as a matter of principal I wouldn't go there unable to speak at least the useless basics you get taught in other languages at school.

English will generally replace all other languages given time.. 

The only way any other language will be preserved is if we develop the cybernetics brain enhancements to reduce their learning time cost to nearly 0..

Otherwise,  it will all just be english, and u know, assembly, java, c++, ~python?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #24092 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 20:50:55 »

This is a good thing!

The lower you get, the more higher places there are for you to climb to.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #24093 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 20:54:33 »

This is a good thing!

Time for me to continue my life as a sine wave of happiness and depression, then

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24094 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 21:02:47 »

This is a good thing!

Time for me to continue my life as a sine wave of happiness and depression, then

no... it's more like you run up against an asymptote, you desperately want to kill yourself, but you're too much of a coward and you never do it, so it just gets worse and worse..

But lucky for you, all human functions are converging, then eventually, YOU DIE, Hurray !!??..

hahahahaha

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24095 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 04:40:58 »
As long as there are ups and downs there is hope you'll get stuck at the top
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #24096 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 12:24:57 »
My Twitter and Instagram PronBot engagement had been pretty nonexistent this year. The PronBots use to follow me and like my awkward photos. Maybe they hate triangles  :'(

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #24097 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 15:03:48 »

Workaholism certainly should be a word if it isn't and a rewarding job is a great distraction, probably the best as it makes money.  What wondrous job did you get?
I am a developer. I dropped out 2 years into college, then returned 5 years later and finished. I worked numerous dead end jobs during that time.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #24098 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 15:12:37 »
I am a developer. I dropped out 2 years into college, then returned 5 years later and finished. I worked numerous dead end jobs during that time.
Nice, and one of the few jobs you can prepare yourself for at home (though getting the piece of paper (which requires money) probably helps)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #24099 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 15:25:24 »
I'm a QA engineer, had a terrible first year of college for reasons not really my fault and was never able to recover. I left school after 3.5 years and have yet to finish. Did IT since I had experience in it and the company I am working in now took a chance on me despite not having that stupid piece of paper and I'm just as good as the other QA engineer in my company (startup, small). It's rather idiotic the companies that have turned me down for not having graduated when I clearly know what I'm doing.