geekhack Community > Off Topic

Best Keyboard kit under around 300?

<< < (3/3)

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:44:14 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 06 May 2021, 07:51:57 ---1mm of deflection will def impact typing accuracy.
--- End quote ---

It only/mostly comes into play when you bottom out, not during activation, but I agree with you.

I think most people are being sold a bag of false promises, and yes I know some people swear by it, but we also know people have extremely rose tinted glasses on expensive purchases.

--- End quote ---

What LLann was trying to say is trampoline plates are people being sold a bag of d*(*s but, she's too classy for that. BROKEN PROMISES.. mmmhmmm...

Darthbaggins:
I'm happy with my firm plates and lets the switches do their part.  But again I'm used to steel plates from all the boards I grew up using.   Really I can say there are plenty of good options at or below that price point. 
I thought you could build your own ErgoDox for around that price, but obviously I was misinformed.

Kavik:
I don't keep up with custom keyboard stuff much lately, so I'm not familiar with the current slew of 60 and 65 percent keyboards. However, I think the Maja keyboard sold through KBDFans is a very high quality keyboard with gasket mount, hot swap PCB, and brass plate, right at $299 (before shipping). It's a split Alice style layout though, but if KBDFans has something comparable to it in a different layout, that may be a good bet.

TK0:

--- Quote from: Kavik on Tue, 11 May 2021, 13:12:59 ---I don't keep up with custom keyboard stuff much lately, so I'm not familiar with the current slew of 60 and 65 percent keyboards. However, I think the Maja keyboard sold through KBDFans is a very high quality keyboard with gasket mount, hot swap PCB, and brass plate, right at $299 (before shipping). It's a split Alice style layout though, but if KBDFans has something comparable to it in a different layout, that may be a good bet.

--- End quote ---

Isn't the Maja top mounted?

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:43:04 ---
--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:00:31 ---What TP4 hasn't stated that ErgoDox are superior and must be used instead  :eek: something is off. .

--- End quote ---

A proper ERGODOX isn't around $300

Also, suspect the OP is promoting his youtube /suspicious :mad:

--- End quote ---

I've just got into Ergodox, and I'm loving it. What a proper Ergodox would be?

I find it very hard to find any good quality ergodox case/kit. Someone posted an IC here for an aluminum case, but it seems like it is still on early development.

--

Edit: I forgot to answer the OP. In your budget AND in stock, the closer you will get, afaik, will be the GMMK PRO or mod/hack a Tofu. I imagine none of these options will come close to a Keycult.

But again, as already has been said, you have a $300 budget to find something in stock, and are comparing it to something that costs $600+ if you get luck in a raffle to pre-order it and get it several months later. Otherwise, it is 1,5K+ on the mechmarket, maybe used.

iri:
Why is this in off-topic though?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version