geekhack Community > Off Topic

Best Keyboard kit under around 300?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Wed, 05 May 2021, 23:03:31 ---How much deflection is this trampoline effect

--- End quote ---
Depends on the board.
0.1-0.2mm on some, usually larger boards, on others it can be closer to 1, maybe a bit more, but usually only on smaller boards.

In all cases, the greater the travel the taller the keyboard and the less consistent it will feel across the entire board face, there's no way to make it consistent within the space constraints.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Wed, 05 May 2021, 23:23:10 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Wed, 05 May 2021, 23:03:31 ---How much deflection is this trampoline effect

--- End quote ---
Depends on the board.
0.1-0.2mm on some, usually larger boards, on others it can be closer to 1, maybe a bit more, but usually only on smaller boards.

In all cases, the greater the travel the taller the keyboard and the less consistent it will feel across the entire board face, there's no way to make it consistent within the space constraints.

--- End quote ---

1mm of deflection will def impact typing accuracy.

The less predictable it is the more you have to (wait) for hit confirm. The larger that window, the more propensity for error.

Both are slow downs.

Darthbaggins:
What TP4 hasn't stated that ErgoDox are superior and must be used instead  :eek: something is off. .

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:00:31 ---What TP4 hasn't stated that ErgoDox are superior and must be used instead  :eek: something is off. .

--- End quote ---

A proper ERGODOX isn't around $300

Also, suspect the OP is promoting his youtube /suspicious :mad:

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Thu, 06 May 2021, 07:51:57 ---1mm of deflection will def impact typing accuracy.
--- End quote ---

It only/mostly comes into play when you bottom out, not during activation, but I agree with you.

I think most people are being sold a bag of false promises, and yes I know some people swear by it, but we also know people have extremely rose tinted glasses on expensive purchases.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version