geekhack Marketplace > The Gallows

Margo's Mods

(1/54) > >>

margo baggins:

Imgur - http://margobaggins.imgur.com

A few points about me and my service: I don't play with your boards, I plug them in, I test key registers and I test over the board with a multimeter.

Tell me what you want, we will work out a price - once you have posted me the board send me the money plus however much it cost you to post and I will post it back by exactly the same method and it should then cost the same and thus you would of already covered your return postage.

Why should you choose me to sort your board?:

- I am cheaper than most paid services
 - I have decent equipment
 - I have extensive experience
 - I am good at communicating and honest
 - I try to turn boards around within 7 days, I've not kept any paid work for longer than 2 weeks, so 2 weeks is kind of worst case scenario
 - 100% transparency, I can provide you with my full details etc. and below at the bottom of this post is where I am currently at with everything and expected dates for postage etc.

HOWEVER!

I am a real person, I work in IT so my workload is subject to change sometimes at the drop of a hat, but, I always keep anybody who's property I have informed, normally before I actually get busy, with a realistic time span for when their board will be done and posted back.

PLEASE BARE IN MIND: My work is not ROHS, I use LEAD SOLDER (60/40)- so please don't lick your boards :) If you want ROHS compliant electronics I can do this - but this is at request and not my standard practice and carries a $5 premium.

Thanks,
Margo & [CTRL]ALT

--- Quote from: Things I have modded/repaired/built that I can think of ---MoreKeycool 87 switch swap and mod
KBT Oni switch swap and mod
Ducky DK1087 switch swap and mod
Mxmini repair
Poker I fit beast plate
Poker II Switch swap and fit into Poker 1 Accrylic case
Kmac mini switch swap
38GT full build (incl SMD)
GH60 full build and programming etc.
Duck v1.5 full build
LZGH Full build
Ergodox full build (incl SMD)
Ergodox partial repair and finished build
WASD 104 switch swap
WASD 105 switch swap
G80-3700 PCB repair
Filco switch swap
Filco cable swap
Cougar attack LED mod
LZGH Switch repair
Poker II switch swap, lube and LED mod
KMAC Happy strip for case re-anodising
A.87 ps2avr - controller and SMD soldering
GON ISO HHKB
Filco Switch Swap
OTD 360c

I've stripped more donor boards than I care to remember and I have likely done more things than above but that's all I can remember

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Is there currently a queue and how long is it? ---
To do/return List:

To do: (in no specific order)

Build Longweight GON
Build Margo GON
Filco switch clean

Service/cap swap 16x8x4 mixer (gonna take an age!)
Service/cap swap vintage trace and elliot bass head

Done:
MoreBuild Bunny 360
Build JaccoW Orion
Build Dustin's GON
GK's A.87 - SMD work, diodes, resistors - all SMD work complete - posting 11/04/2014
Ergodox - received 11/4/2014
Skidata - strip all switches and stabs - received 9/4/2014
Leo numpad - swap switches to clears - received 9/4/2014 - stripped 10/4/2014
Goldtouch numpad - remove brown switches - this is mine, so whenever :)
CM TK - swap 4 switches - recieved 10/04/2014 - posted 11/04/2014
KMAC Happy - Remove plate - Posted 19/03/2014
My monitor - Swap all 40 odd caps for new high quality caps - waiting on parts - DONE Monitor fixed :D 15/03/2014
Mod WASD 105 browns to clears - done - post back Friday 28.02.2014
ErgoDox - Completed - posted Thursday 12.02.2014
Poker2 switch swap and fit LEDs - This is my board, so to be completed when I find the time!
Post WASD 104 back to USA - Posted Friday 07.02.2014
Post back G80-3700 - Posted Monday 10.02.2014
GH60 repaired - Drop back Monday 10.02.2014

--- End quote ---

CPTBadAss:
Are there any previous mods you've worked on that you can show us? Or maybe some previous customers that could chime in? Not that I doubt your abilities, it would just be nice to see your handiwork.

BunnyLake:

--- Quote from: CPTBadAss on Wed, 23 October 2013, 13:59:27 ---Are there any previous mods you've worked on that you can show us? Or maybe some previous customers that could chime in? Not that I doubt your abilities, it would just be nice to see your handiwork.

--- End quote ---

he builds all my boards, his work is incredible, and its through his services that we met, and sadly for him, i have pestered him ever since and he has built me up ton of boards

including

if im feeling nice later tonight or tomorrow ill take some apart and show you some of his fantastic solder work

[margo edit: I removed a dead image from this post]

Photekq:
Jesus.. Those are some really great prices.

BunnyLake:

--- Quote from: Photekq on Wed, 23 October 2013, 14:03:36 ---Jesus.. Those are some really great prices.

--- End quote ---

we aim to please

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version