Author Topic: KeyForge  (Read 2178390 times)

Offline thaddeus

Re: KeyForge - Scythes and Scepters (TBA)
« Reply #750 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 15:59:09 »
 :eek: :eek:

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #751 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 16:06:59 »
A count down for a teaser!?!?!?!

Give the people what they want!  :mad: :eek: :mad: :))

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #752 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 10:22:51 »
149470-0

149472-1

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #754 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 10:33:01 »
New sculpts are looking good!  :-*

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #755 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 10:51:12 »
Really digging Mayhem. :thumb:

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #756 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 10:57:21 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

So much colorway potential for Osiris!  Also, it's too bad Destiny never made it to PC, because there's a really cool PvP event called Trials of Osiris, and I feel like players would lose their **** for one of these caps.

Offline Fibonacci_Jones

« Reply #757 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 12:14:36 »
Looking good

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #758 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 12:56:29 »
Loving Mayhem, Osiris could potentially be even better with some cool colourways though!

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #759 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 12:59:18 »
Loving Mayhem, Osiris could potentially be even better with some cool colourways though!

There will be several additional colorways. The one featured in the photos is "Oracle", which is one of my personal favorite single-shot colors that I've created. It's fantastic at showing off the details of the sculpts, yet has much more depth than a single flat color.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #760 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 13:17:51 »
There will be several additional colorways. The one featured in the photos is "Oracle", which is one of my personal favorite single-shot colors that I've created. It's fantastic at showing off the details of the sculpts, yet has much more depth than a single flat color.

Oh yea, I figured there will be, I just meant that Osiris could surpass Mayhem once they're coloured! I reread what I could've worded that better.  :blank:

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #761 on: Fri, 30 September 2016, 13:24:44 »

Oh yea, I figured there will be, I just meant that Osiris could surpass Mayhem once they're coloured! I reread what I could've worded that better.  :blank:

Haha no worries. I misread it.

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #762 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 11:09:55 »
wow, that mayhem look so beautiful

Offline AresTheGod

« Reply #763 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 06:35:39 »
Look's really good!

Offline QuickDelat

« Reply #764 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 01:20:36 »
really impressive, love the 'Oracle' color, it really shows of the details of the sculpts. Just look at the teeth on Mayhem, so tiny and so detailed!
Please don't take my wallet just yet reaperman!

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #765 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 06:59:41 »
YUM That looks awesome dude!

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #766 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 07:06:32 »
Can't wait to see if there are any white Osiris color ways. Sweet baby jesus, I won't be able to contain myself  money.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Asciana

« Reply #767 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 15:02:31 »
Would love to see a blue and yellow Osiris colorway. It wouldnt even match anything on me keyboard and i'd still buy it.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #768 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 13:01:46 »
UPDATE

Sorry for the long delay guys! I've had so many things on my plate and so many plans for this upcoming sale that I had to pace myself, which is taking a little longer than expected.

I decided to push the Scythes and Scepters sale back a bit, due to the huge amount of sales around Halloween, and the fact that all of our wallets really needed a break (mine especially).

Here's some quick information on what's going on:

BRAND & MAKER'S MARK

I've decided to evolve the KeyForge brand a little bit, as I realized that I had metaphorically designed myself into a corner and didn't have a lot room for expanded creativity. One of my favorite things about being an artisan has been molding the graphics, visuals, and the experience that you have when getting KeyForge keys in the mail. I feel that it's almost as important as the keycaps themselves.

That said, I've changed up our logo a bit, which allowed me to create a clean and bold makers mark that was easily distinguishable. This mark will be on the back of all future keycaps, including those in the upcoming Scythes and Scepters sale.

New Logo:

151677-0

Maker's Mark:

151679-1

I'm very happy with this direction, and I feel like it's a cleaner look. Feel free to let me know how you feel.

PACKAGING

I have redesigned my packaging to be more in line with my initial vision that I had when creating keycaps, and I'm excited to say that it should be here to stay for a while. The brown packaging was wonderful, but I was finding issues with durability during shipping, and the bags were just a bit too small. These new matte black bags are a bit more roomy in case you win a few keys. They're waterproof and much more durable than previous packaging.

Here is a mockup of the packaging, it will be photographed soon:

151685-2

WEBSITE

After a long and tiring price negotiations, I was finally able to acquire www.keyforge.com, which was being squatted on since I first got into crafting artisans. I have spent the last couple of months working tirelessly to get the site up and running properly for your enjoyment, and it's nearing completion. The site is mainly so that we have an online presence outside of Geekhack, and will mainly be used to host a blog (The Forge) and a catalog of previous sales and keycaps that were available. At this time I do not have any plans to sell keycaps through the website.

151681-3

The site is still undergoing maintenance, so visiting keyforge.com will get you a construction page. But I'll let you know when it's open to the public!

COUNTERFEIT SECURITY

Integrating some kind of security against counterfeit keys is an idea that I've bounced around for a long time. Let's face it, people are going to make fakes of pretty much anything that is good. It's how things go. I don't care as much about fakes existing as I care about you guys trading valuable stuff for something that isn't even authentic. Hell, maybe in a year nobody will want any KeyForge keys. But at least you'll never have to worry about getting a fake one when I implement a little bit of security.

Serial numbers and imbedded photocromic security dots are two things that are being tested right now. I'm trying to keep it simple and easy, so anybody can authenticate a real keycap at a glance. BroCaps has an efficient serial system, and ours would be a simple version of that, with tamper-proof serial numbers, which we will have on file in case a key is ever in question. I think it's just a cool thing to have, and it's intended to be a service to the community as we grow.

STICKERS

I'm pretty excited about this reveal. I've had these in the works for a while now, and I'm happy to show them off before we start revealing the sale colors. Each order will receive a single sticker, and you will get either a Mayhem or Osiris sticker depending on the first key you win in the sale.

151683-4

I hope you guys are as stoked for the upcoming sale as I am!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #769 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 13:14:06 »
Nice update Sneaky, definitely hyped for the sale!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #770 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 13:20:32 »
Great update! Your attention to detail is very professional.  What was it like dealing with the web squatter?

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #771 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 13:29:23 »
Great update! Your attention to detail is very professional.  What was it like dealing with the web squatter?

Huge pain in the ass. There was a lot of back and forth, and I had to walk away a couple of times before a fair price was reached. But in the end it worked out and I'm happy with it.

Offline Fibonacci_Jones

« Reply #772 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 13:47:03 »
Diggin the logo updates and packaging. Seems minimalist but still interesting and nice. I appreciate the time y'all artisan makers are putting in to keeping the community updated.

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #773 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 14:13:10 »
Will the future sales be through the website now? If so, hopefully there will be announcements on GH and Reddit. I finally got my first saber after months of trying and it's amazing. Looking forward to the chance of grabbing a scythe and/or scepter!

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #774 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 14:23:59 »
Diggin the logo updates and packaging. Seems minimalist but still interesting and nice. I appreciate the time y'all artisan makers are putting in to keeping the community updated.

Thank you!

Will the future sales be through the website now? If so, hopefully there will be announcements on GH and Reddit. I finally got my first saber after months of trying and it's amazing. Looking forward to the chance of grabbing a scythe and/or scepter!

I won't be running sales through the website for the very reason you listed above. All sales will still be run through GH and Reddit, but the catalog of past keys will be on the website. When a google form goes up, it will also be accessible through the website, but it's the same form you would fill out here.

I just want a way for newcomers to find the sale form, as GH can be confusing sometimes. Also there are people out there that aren't active on GH or Reddit that might like to join the community.

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #775 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 14:31:59 »

Thank you!

I won't be running sales through the website for the very reason you listed above. All sales will still be run through GH and Reddit, but the catalog of past keys will be on the website. When a google form goes up, it will also be accessible through the website, but it's the same form you would fill out here.

I just want a way for newcomers to find the sale form, as GH can be confusing sometimes. Also there are people out there that aren't active on GH or Reddit that might like to join the community.
That's perfect. I know I check Reddit more than GH but I always check and see if there's new updates in certain threads (like this one). Can't wait to check out the website when it's done! Congrats on getting all that sorted out

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #776 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 14:55:41 »
Just wanted to drop in and say that I've been using and loving my Kintsugi Volcanic Saber! It fit's perfectly with my gray leo.

Will definitely participate in the next raffle!

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #777 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 16:56:10 »
Just wanted to drop in and say that I've been using and loving my Kintsugi Volcanic Saber! It fit's perfectly with my gray leo.

Will definitely participate in the next raffle!

Glad to hear it! :D

Offline IneffableTao

« Reply #778 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 20:40:09 »
Excellent work all around!  The logo, maker's mark & packaging are all very professional

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #779 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 20:55:59 »
new logo, cool buddy~ :))

Offline Emperor_Nero

« Reply #780 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 23:15:54 »
I am pumped. I really want one (or more) of these.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #781 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 09:56:43 »
Excellent work all around!  The logo, maker's mark & packaging are all very professional

new logo, cool buddy~ :))

I am pumped. I really want one (or more) of these.

Thanks guys! Definitely excited about these as well :D

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #782 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 09:55:45 »
If anybody is interested in getting a early prototype MX Osiris, then tomorrow is your chance! I've donated the first Osiris to TinyMakesThings for her ExtraLife charity stream tomorrow.

Here is a photo of the cap that will be up for the charity raffle: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79095.msg2296081#msg2296081

The keycap is in the Obsidian colorway, which is a dark metallic grey color that I use for testing. This key does not have a maker's mark, but is fully functional and fits perfectly.

Best of luck to Tiny, and be sure to tune in to the stream for a ton of other great charity raffles tomorrow!

152049-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 November 2016, 16:10:38 by Sneaky Potato »

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #783 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 12:40:24 »
If anybody is interested in getting a early prototype MX Osiris, then tomorrow is your chance! I've donated the first Osiris to TinyMakesThings for her ExtraLife charity stream tomorrow.

Here is a photo of the cap that will be up for the charity raffle: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79095.msg2296081#msg2296081

The keycap is in the Obsidian colorway, which is a dark metallic grey color that I use for testing. This key does not have a maker's mark, but is fully functional and fits perfectly.

Best of luck to Tiny, and be sure to tune in to the stream for a ton of other great keycap auctions!

(Attachment Link)
Count me in!

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #784 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 16:47:54 »
RIXIS

Colorway #2 of the Scythes and Scepters Sale. Aged Bronze mixed with Jade.

152293-0

152295-1
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 November 2016, 17:01:32 by Sneaky Potato »

Offline mes09

« Reply #785 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 18:26:59 »
That looks amazing! Great colorway.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #786 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 18:44:27 »
RIXIS Osiris looks great.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #787 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 10:03:31 »
That looks amazing! Great colorway.

Thanks man! I'm really excited about it :D

Offline tomboy

« Reply #788 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 10:04:59 »
RIXIS

Colorway #2 of the Scythes and Scepters Sale. Aged Bronze mixed with Jade.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

WOW, the colorway is awesome!

Offline blackriver

• One of the Cookie Kids
    • Desk Cookies
« Reply #789 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 11:30:29 »
Im excited for this one...
9x HHKB's, Astro Norbaforce, Coffee Heavy Grail, Silver Digilog, FMJ 60, 2x HB60's

Offline Arallu

« Reply #790 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 11:48:59 »
That really looks like aged bronze with the jade popping through, nice work.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #792 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 11:15:55 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80368.msg2301257#msg2301257

(Attachment Link)

Big fan of the innovative work you're putting into the stem design. Definitely looking forward to participating in this upcoming sale.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Offline Arallu

« Reply #794 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 19:06:57 »
Obsidian prototype Osiris!
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 November 2016, 19:20:19 by Arallu »

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #795 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 19:27:32 »
Show Image

Awesome! How do you like it? :D

Offline Arallu

« Reply #796 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 19:31:24 »
Show Image

Awesome! How do you like it? :D
It's got some really great detail to the sculpt, my picture taking skills aren't the best heh! It's a very nice cap  :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 November 2016, 19:35:51 by Arallu »

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
Re: KeyForge - Scythes and Scepters 12/01/16
« Reply #797 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 09:00:04 »
Sale announced, OP updated

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #798 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 09:20:38 »
OUU BABY! Nightshade Osiris  :eek:

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #799 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 09:58:49 »
Looking super nice, can't wait for the sale!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)