Author Topic: Looking for recommendations on a wrist rest for Leopold tkl.  (Read 7544 times)

Offline Sykx

Looking for recommendations on a wrist rest for Leopold tkl.
« on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 22:16:27 »
Hello GH! I am currently looking for a wrist rest for my Leopold TKl. I am looking for something that matches the size, or at least close to it. The elitekeyboards.com wrests are pretty pricey due to the leather. I am looking for something GH approved that is relatively affordable as well.

This one on amazon is pretty cheap but I know almost nothing about it .

http://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboards-MacBooks-Notebooks-Neoprene/dp/B004DANDN4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362629439&sr=8-1&keywords=wrist+rest+grifiti+12

I also believe I saw a member on here making wrist wrests and selling them, perhaps you guys can point me in that direction, sorry I am new here and forgot where i saw it!

Thank you in advance!

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline gnubag

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Looking for recommendations on a wrist rest for Leopold tkl.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 10:43:26 »
I've long been surprised at the lack of good tenkeyless wrist rest options.  Personally, I like the softer gel-type wrist rests.  (Not the super mushy kind, but softer than the Filco leather, and certainly wood.)  But I've not found any good short ones.  Instead, I use a normal length one.  Works good enough.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 10:46:39 »
I've long been surprised at the lack of good tenkeyless wrist rest options.  Personally, I like the softer gel-type wrist rests.  (Not the super mushy kind, but softer than the Filco leather, and certainly wood.)  But I've not found any good short ones.  Instead, I use a normal length one.  Works good enough.

I also use a gel wrist wrest but it's full length instead of TKL.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 01:13:24 »
Gel ones are excellent too.  And cost less.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Leatherette-Antimicrobial-Protection-WR310LE/dp/B000WU4H5C

Check out the last pic, somebody is using the 3M wrist rest with a Topre RealForce 87U.

The 19 inch one is little long, but it works fine.  I used it for a while, before I found the Filco one.  The Filco is not better in terms of functionality, but I think it looks better.  So I guess it appeals to vanity.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Sykx

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 02:31:14 »
I really cannot decide! After looking at the work beast does I came up with a rough idea/design of something I would like to try and create in the style of his work.
15200-0

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 11:06:12 »
I really cannot decide! After looking at the work beast does I came up with a rough idea/design of something I would like to try and create in the style of his work.
(Attachment Link)

What woods are those? It looks like walnut and I can't really tell what the other two woods are. BTW it's nearly impossible to color those end strips green since dyeing wood isn't a precise operation, unless there is a green shaded wood that I can use (Which I don't know if I can get)

How is that logo being put on there?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline Sykx

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 12:12:12 »
Oh hey beast! It's just a rough Photoshop mock up. I have no experience even working with wood. I have no idea how the logo would go on or anything. I was just so inspired by the sheer awesomeness of your work that my mind got running last night and that was what I came up with.

My experience and resources are in sub printing/pressing so I am considering other alternatives as well.

Anyways, your work is incredible.

Offline Sykx

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 08 March 2013, 12:13:15 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 06:28:34 »
Anyone actually own both the Ducky and Filco care to make comparisons in quality? What about the 3-Star?