Author Topic: Poor person Badge  (Read 4036 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Poor person Badge
« on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 18:53:06 »
Tp4 were already a 2nd class citizen gon'on Cricket.

now switched to Mint, destitution overwhelming.

What do you guys do to save on celluar ??

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Poor person Badge
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 18:58:09 »
My Parents Plan is the best deal so I stay on that as long as I can ;)

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 19:00:11 »
H2O, which was okay but they didn't tell me that I needed a newer phone -- so when said phone "died" I assumed it was them, switched away, found out it was that EDGE/G2 cell calls were no more.
Now I use Puretalk. The ten-dollar plan I had went away even though they grandfathered me in, so I don't know what to suggest. WiFi phone with an app from a VoIP provider like CallCentric? I pay $5/mo for my home phone.

I thought this was going to be a generic thread for "things you've done that only poor people have done"
In which case the mcdonalds ketchup on raman noodles incident is likely at the top of the list. Would fain have used the spices included, but it got knocked into the carpet after it was torn open.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 19:05:38 »
I thought this was going to be a generic thread for "things you've done that only poor people have done"
In which case the mcdonalds ketchup on raman noodles incident is likely at the top of the list. Would fain have used the spices included, but it got knocked into the carpet after it was torn open.

Ketchup is exactly the same taste as caramelized Onion + tomato sauce.   This is actually a really expensive (time intensive) sauce to produce before industrialization shortcuts.  No need to resent eating the Chup, it's Top Tier, that's why we eat so much of it.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 21:04:35 »

This is actually a really expensive (time intensive) sauce to produce

Last summer I got several pounds of portobello mushrooms at an insanely cheap price (long story - farmers' market overage) and I made most of them into mushroom ketchup.

It is exquisite.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 21:04:54 »
I just stick with Verizon, but I got in at a good time and the plan I'm on is alot more expensive now (I also have multiple phones/lines on my plan - Unlimited before they neutered it).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline funkmon

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 21:16:55 »

Last summer I got several pounds of portobello mushrooms at an insanely cheap price (long story - farmers' market overage) and I made most of them into mushroom ketchup.

It is exquisite.

I want to try mushroom mustard. How do you make mushroom ketchup?

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 22:19:21 »
T-mobile has a plan for 55+ or 65+ or something.  60 USD inclusive for two lines.  Split the plan with a parent and you each have a 'real' network for the price of prepaid.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 22:19:58 »

It is exquisite.

I want to try mushroom mustard. How do you make mushroom ketchup?

This is why I want a freeze dryer, so I can remove the water without adding so much heat <which> boils away the flavor.

Offline yui

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 02:07:40 »
TP : "Poor person Badge "
also TP :
This is why I want a freeze dryer, so I can remove the water without adding so much heat <which> boils away the flavor.

for crying out loud man, just watch cody's lab video, no need for an expensive freeze dryer, just 5 years into a normal freezer and you get the same results :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 03:24:25 »
Used to make ketchup back when I first started as a sous chef. No one else wanted to do it because that job sucks.
All I did for the first 3 months. Make ketchup, melt chocolate, organize the walk-in, and decap mushrooms for 8 hrs a day. No wonder I bailed on that career.

Offline yui

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 03:44:27 »
Used to make ketchup back when I first started as a sous chef. No one else wanted to do it because that job sucks.
All I did for the first 3 months. Make ketchup, melt chocolate, organize the walk-in, and decap mushrooms for 8 hrs a day. No wonder I bailed on that career.
when covid is done come to france, here chefs are rare and well paid, cousin of mine is a chef and has no problem find jobs after jobs, he is rather picky about everything so he often works a week or two and then quits :) and still he is the one saying what goes on the contract. although french is a pain to learn and life is a tad more expensive.
that is if you still want to get into cooking, it is a rather thankless job afterall.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 06:18:43 »

See, if they had a freeze dryer, it would've been way easier and faster.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 10:50:34 »
T-mobile has a plan for 55+ or 65+ or something.  60 USD inclusive for two lines.  Split the plan with a parent and you each have a 'real' network for the price of prepaid.

I think total for the 3 lines I have active w/ OG Unlimited (I use 32GB/mo on my phone alone) & Insurance for all the phones/devices I pay $170ish (phones have been paid off for 4 years now - was $300 with the phone payments).  I'm always hunting for better deals on VZW's network that will fit our needs - the biggest part is true unlimited on the data.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 11:20:59 »
I think total for the 3 lines I have active w/ OG Unlimited (I use 32GB/mo on my phone alone) & Insurance for all the phones/devices I pay $170ish (phones have been paid off for 4 years now - was $300 with the phone payments).  I'm always hunting for better deals on VZW's network that will fit our needs - the biggest part is true unlimited on the data.

How many jigabytes you used this month Tp4 ?   0.13   !

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 16:23:49 »
Since I have real unlimited, I use the crap out of it lol

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 16:39:18 »
Since I have real unlimited, I use the crap out of it lol

Tp4 just has trouble using screens smaller than 65".

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 18:09:54 »
I listen to alot of music and watch alot of Youtube.  Also use it at work alot to communicate with my teams

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 18:17:33 »
TP : "Poor person Badge "
also TP :

for crying out loud man, just watch cody's lab video, no need for an expensive freeze dryer, just 5 years into a normal freezer and you get the same results :)

Keke, /Want,  not can fordz.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 19:12:11 »
I'm still on 20 euro a month prepay cos I've unlimited data and national calls. Can't call international which is the only downside but I just use the landline on the rare occasion I have to do that.