Author Topic: [GB] The Ave. - (CLOSED)  (Read 67700 times)

Offline dingusxmcgee

Re: [GB] The Ave. - (CLOSED)
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 07:33:27 »
Did these ever get shipped?!

Not a whisper of a tracking number.

Offline psxndc

[GB] The Ave. - (CLOSED)
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 16:16:48 »
Did these ever get shipped?!
Short answer: no

Longer answer: This is history of what we've been told/what's been shown. The photo posted above of plates and cases is the last pic we got when stuff was announced as shipping (I believe in December). Props to sickbabies on discord for compiling this.

12/23/19 All customer invoices sent out. Estimated shipment April.

01/09/20 Plates, pcb's, components ordered, contacted factory for final invoice.

03/07/20 PCBs almost finished with production, knobs entered production, packaging sample on the way.

04/19/20  Delay on raw PC material within the factory. New Estimate June.

05/14/20 PCB's done (manually fixing staggered). Brass plates done, fr4 plate reorder in production. Packaging ordered. knobs finished.

07/14/20 (tons of rough stuff happening in royals life update) "trying to get all Ave orders shipped in 3-6 weeks. Firmware should be up for review tomorrow"

08/14/20 Ave. QMK Pull Request is Up and Pending Approval

08/23/20 Ave firmware PR put on hold at Royal's request "until I more basic default Keymaps and move the now default keymaps to a personal folder."

08/27/20 "I’ll finish shipping Fro.Yo and then Im still on waiting on the cork mats.  Also need to rent a truck lol"

09/30/20 "Due to my own negligence, a number of Silver Units and a few Asphalt Units came with some shockingly noticeable marks/anodizing chips. I failed to QA every single unit previously. These units are being re-fabricated as we speak. But On That Note: *initial/early-bird orders will begin shipping before those arrive.*"

10/13/20 "Shipping next week" Video

11/11/20 "I still have a lot of packing to do, even for early-birds." Box Foam will no longer be included, Ave finally up in QMK Configurator. New Estimate December 18th, 2020

"For Clarity: This last quarter has been me trying to just figure out what the **** am I trying to do in general and Ave in all honesty just has been on the backburner of all this. All I want to do is just get this buy out and finalized so every can just rest easy and be satisfied."

11/18/20 Actual Photos from Royal of at least a few Aves Existing including a polycarbonate

12/18/20 ...

1/08/21 Things are slowly still progressing and I don’t have a solid timeline on shipping at the moment.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 March 2021, 16:22:43 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 10:11:52 »
One year out from original estimate, no contact on any platform from Royal for the last three months. Shipping something you apparently have on hand doesn't take this long.

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 10:26:26 »
Oh fk...and here I was lamenting I did not get into this keeb. Good luck guys! I really hope you all get your things.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline ElementalWheel

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 07 July 2021, 22:46:06 »
Learned about this saga today, and found this while browsing the web my apologies if this has been posted before:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/aluminum-metal-cnc-turning-machining-parts_1600130789270.html

There's a good chance this is the factory used to manufacture the keyboard The Ave as you can see in some of the pictures posted on the listing, which I will link below:

It looks like this same factory was used, at some point to create what appears to be a keyboard named Mech 27 TKL V1

So for those who got scammed in this, you can try your luck by getting in touch with the factory to try to learn if The Ave paid for the GB, or if they have any further leads, in any case this is a shame so good luck for those involved

Offline pears

• Sneezing is painful
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 01:48:54 »
Learned about this saga today, and found this while browsing the web my apologies if this has been posted before:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/aluminum-metal-cnc-turning-machining-parts_1600130789270.html

There's a good chance this is the factory used to manufacture the keyboard The Ave as you can see in some of the pictures posted on the listing, which I will link below:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It looks like this same factory was used, at some point to create what appears to be a keyboard named Mech 27 TKL V1

Show Image

Show Image

So for those who got scammed in this, you can try your luck by getting in touch with the factory to try to learn if The Ave paid for the GB, or if they have any further leads, in any case this is a shame so good luck for those involved
Or just check https://kingly-keys.com

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Getting punched in the face was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 08:32:33 »
I feel very badly for him - I know a lot of healthcare workers who also were overcome with stress/PTSD last year due to COVID.

The only thing that doesn't really jibe is the claim he hasn't had the time to finish the PCBs when he was unemployed for half a year. But depression is a complicated thing.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 10:12:42 »
I feel very badly for him - I know a lot of healthcare workers who also were overcome with stress/PTSD last year due to COVID.

The only thing that doesn't really jibe is the claim he hasn't had the time to finish the PCBs when he was unemployed for half a year. But depression is a complicated thing.

Due to component shortages, he may not have had the funds to finish the PCBs.

Offline WifeIsGoddess

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 20:47:50 »
I knew this was gonna happen. I had been complained that there was no update even though there was a significant delay in the GMK Fro.Yo.

That seems to have been a sign of this situation.

At the time there was a madman defending it against the complaints I had raised about no updates, and in the end I was right.

Royal has already lost all credibility and should be kicked out even if GB is somehow completed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 July 2021, 20:49:23 by WifeIsGoddess »

Offline guy0naBuffal0

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 16:03:08 »
'Twas the night before Christmas
And all through Geekhack,
The users all wondered
If The_Royal would ever be back.

Was he alright?
I do hope he is well,
There is more to life than keebs, right?
Sometimes it is hard to tell...

Hope was running low,
The GB Thread was now CLOSED,
"Would there ever be an 'Ave?"
The question was posed.

No updates at all,
In over a year,
Not even an "update, no update"
Is it over...I fear?

Kingleys-keys website is down
It won't even load
There's not even a good way to ask, "how's it going?"
So I won't go down that road.

People started looking at alternates
Knockoffs and copies
The machined cases were found on Alibaba
Along with all other miscellaneous jalopies.

It's been 3 poems now
But the flame still burns bright
For the little keyboard
that brings us delight.

it just might be over,
I may have to let go,
They'll be another keyboard
that I can call my beau.

I've got to leave now,
but I won't forget to write
B'cuz, I'll see you next year saying,
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 December 2021, 08:23:44 by guy0naBuffal0 »

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 17:11:46 »
It's been 3 years now

2 years? (Dec 2019 - Dec 2021)
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline guy0naBuffal0

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 17:21:18 »
Well I guess I mean it is my third poem and that's what I meant.

Offline pears

• Sneezing is painful
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 16:41:47 »
Any updates ?
Getting punched in the face was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 01 April 2022, 10:27:32 »
haha wouldn't it be a cool and wacky april fools joke if Royal came back and started actually shipping GB orders out?

Offline sickbabies

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 19 April 2022, 00:17:07 »
haha wouldn't it be a cool and wacky april fools joke if Royal came back and started actually shipping GB orders out?

Haha

Offline Getsome!!!

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 19 April 2022, 17:45:23 »
The fact this board was so unique and cool, makes it that much worst the GB runner disappeared. I mean if it was just another TKL or 75% with a knob, who cares? You may have a lost some cash, but you can still get what you were looking for somewhere else, not so with this thing.