Author Topic: [IC] Type K - Tented Ergo keyboard (10/08/2023 - GB STARTING ON AUGUST 20TH)  (Read 496580 times)

Offline heyitsqi

Re: [IC] Type K - Tented Ergo keyboard
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 00:29:12 »
Very clean. I think I'd be in for one for sure.

Offline shNickers

« Reply #351 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 02:12:54 »
this thing looks like its about to take flight

Offline TheSeaRabbit

« Reply #352 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 23:06:58 »
Looks super unique, definitely interested :]

Offline TPSM_00

« Reply #353 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 10:45:10 »
I must have this board, I am into unique boards and this is one of the nicest boards I have ever seen. I will be prepared for launch day

Offline mrnekokun

« Reply #354 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 17:25:15 »
Does this mobo have ISO support for the left shift? think this woudl look insane with GMK Stealth!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #355 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 19:01:29 »
Does this mobo have ISO support for the left shift? think this woudl look insane with GMK Stealth!
Nope, I have used left ISO shift as the split r-shift. Non-split is 2.25 that 660 layouts use.

On another note, the next proto & wrist-rest has been ordered.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #356 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 19:08:40 »

Wild! I can't wait.

Offline RaiKami

• Novice Diving Deep
« Reply #357 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 19:11:31 »

Super excited to see it.

Offline santela

« Reply #358 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 05:58:41 »
Two 3u spacebars look better than one 3u and one 2u+1u, but that would mean buying two spacebar kits just for the 3u... Nice things come at a price I guess.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #359 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 12:32:45 »
Two 3u spacebars look better than one 3u and one 2u+1u, but that would mean buying two spacebar kits just for the 3u... Nice things come at a price I guess.
That's pretty much what I've done. Daily Clack has the space keys up for preorder currently. It is a bit more expensive that GB price but will be cheaper than the extras.

EDIT: Layout preview has been updated. Hard to see the differences but the bend is now 10 degrees rather than the 12 of the original Alice which has forced some adjustments with some of the spacings and alignments. The key-sizes and compatibility remain the same.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 November 2020, 22:56:45 by gok101 »

Offline Digmo

• keebit.studio
« Reply #360 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 06:46:09 »
I need this

Offline FlitzDeelman

[IC] Type K - Tented Ergo keyboard
« Reply #361 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 09:41:14 »
Gok, can you give recommendations for key sets or what to buy extra for, for example GMK or KAT sets? I’m thinking compatibility, not colours.

I understand if that is too much to ask for.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #362 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 13:22:06 »
Gok, can you give recommendations for key sets or what to buy extra for, for example GMK or KAT sets? I’m thinking compatibility, not colours.

GMK Space keys round 2 will have support for a 3u, 2u, and 1u spacebar in CR, L9, N9, CP, CC, U9 but is split into 3 different kits. Look for sets that use those standard GMK colour codes.
Some examples of these sets are GMK Dolch R5, White on Black, Noire, Olivia, Honeywell, Nines, Skidata, Beta, 9009. There are quite a few others as well.

Along with those colours, sets like Zambumon's Serika 2 has compatibility for it in the Macro Expansion and Spacebar kits.

Aside from GMK, Epbt have had 3u spacebars in their kits for a while and ome sets even have 2x 3u spacebars but they lack a proper convex 2u spacebar (I think they will have moulds of this seen though).

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #363 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 14:04:29 »

GMK Space keys round 2 will have support for a 3u, 2u, and 1u spacebar in CR, L9, N9, CP, CC, U9 but is split into 3 different kits. Look for sets that use those standard GMK colour codes.
Some examples of these sets are GMK Dolch R5, White on Black, Noire, Olivia, Honeywell, Nines, Skidata, Beta, 9009. There are quite a few others as well.

Along with those colours, sets like Zambumon's Serika 2 has compatibility for it in the Macro Expansion and Spacebar kits.

Aside from GMK, Epbt have had 3u spacebars in their kits for a while and ome sets even have 2x 3u spacebars but they lack a proper convex 2u spacebar (I think they will have moulds of this seen though).

Awesome, thanks!

Offline hpetrovski

• Osum
« Reply #364 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 20:39:58 »
This addresses all the minor issues I had with the standard alice layout, namely the spacebars. Considering the run isn't going to be high in numbers, a lot of us are probably not going to get the chance to jump in on this one. With that in mind, would we be able to order extra pcb-s? I'd love to do some prototypes in a flat layout, as well as possibly trying to make a bent acrylic case happen.
Either way, best of luck to you guys, this is honestly the most beautiful and unique board I've seen this year.

Offline santela

« Reply #365 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 23:10:47 »

Ahh apparently I missed those GB already.

Serika 2 is awesome though with 2 3u spacebars included. Both you and ai03 are on a mission to popularize 3u spacebars, and looks like it's working. Nice.

I think this board looks best with black keycaps, the upcoming GMK Shanshui also does have 3u spacebars in its kits so there's that option as well.

The only thing is that I don't know when this board is dropping and what are my chances of actually getting one. There's a good chance I'll have a board but no compatible keys or after finally sourcing a set of keys but with no board  :-\

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #366 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 23:25:19 »

Serika 2 is awesome though with 2 3u spacebars included. Both you and ai03 are on a mission to popularize 3u spacebars, and looks like it's working. Nice.

I think this board looks best with black keycaps, the upcoming GMK Shanshui also does have 3u spacebars in its kits so there's that option as well.

The only thing is that I don't know when this board is dropping and what are my chances of actually getting one. There's a good chance I'll have a board but no compatible keys or after finally sourcing a set of keys but with no board  :-\
The GB is over but Daily Clack has them up for preorder. Spacekeys is estimated to ship in Q2 which is roughly the same time as when this will be done as well (I hope).

Offline santela

« Reply #367 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 23:26:31 »

The GB is over but Daily Clack has them up for preorder. Spacekeys is estimated to ship in Q2 which is roughly the same time as when this will be done as well (I hope).

Noted. Thanks. Now I just gotta figure out how to get an extra B lol

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #368 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 00:37:57 »

I don't actually use 2 B keycaps - I instead use a RAMA thermal R4 cap as you can see in the photos.
Other people just use the 00 key from the numpad.

EDIT: I've just realised that none of the photos show the RAMA cap.
Here is a link to it.

Below is another shot of it.

« Last Edit: Sun, 22 November 2020, 00:42:06 by gok101 »

Offline santela

« Reply #369 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 01:08:20 »

I don't actually use 2 B keycaps - I instead use a RAMA thermal R4 cap as you can see in the photos.
Other people just use the 00 key from the numpad.

EDIT: I've just realised that none of the photos show the RAMA cap.
Here is a link to it.

Below is another shot of it.
Show Image

Yeah I guess any novelties will do, but I'm just super anal about having keys that says what it does.

Just purchased 2 spacebar kits from dailyclack, thanks for the heads up. That's half of my problems solved. Now here's hoping I can get one of these beauties.

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #370 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 20:28:09 »
Neat!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline Retne

« Reply #371 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 14:12:04 »
I keep checking back in on this thread to see if there are updates.  I absolutely love the design.  Here's to hoping I can actually snag one. 

Now I just need to find a KAT set I like with some 3u bars.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 15:06:46 »
I keep checking back in on this thread to see if there are updates.  I absolutely love the design.  Here's to hoping I can actually snag one. 

Now I just need to find a KAT set I like with some 3u bars.
There will likely be no updates for until late December while I wait for the next prototype to arrive.
Regarding KAT 3u, just check to make sure that it uses actual 3u stabilizers.
I've heard that MT3 for some reason uses 2u stabilizers instead and I have no idea what it is compatible with.

Offline orpheo

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 16:44:10 »
Have a nice rest until the next proto! Until then, please try to up the numbers of production for this beautiful board. May I say, the mate black looks the bomb but tend to show fingerprints. Maybe an off white matte option could be considered?
I want to buy two boards of this ^^

Offline Drakenocas

« Reply #374 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 17:29:07 »
I actually like this alice. I don't normally, but I've been wondering why there's no tented boards for a while now.

Offline santela

« Reply #375 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 10:41:53 »

Hey gok, just realized a problem today and was hoping you would probably have asnwers for this. So I got a set of epbt WoB abs set and sourced an extra 3u spacebar from them so I thought I'm all set, then I looked at the bottom of the spacebars and realized they don't use 2u stabilizers. I have never built an ergo before so this never occurred to me, but I'm assuming this is the standard for 3u spacebars?

Now I'm a little confused as I have never seen 3u stabilizers. Is this what the type-K will be using? If so, what stabilizers do you use or recommend for this?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #376 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 11:55:47 »

Hey gok, just realized a problem today and was hoping you would probably have asnwers for this. So I got a set of epbt WoB abs set and sourced an extra 3u spacebar from them so I thought I'm all set, then I looked at the bottom of the spacebars and realized they don't use 2u stabilizers. I have never built an ergo before so this never occurred to me, but I'm assuming this is the standard for 3u spacebars?

Now I'm a little confused as I have never seen 3u stabilizers. Is this what the type-K will be using? If so, what stabilizers do you use or recommend for this?
As mentioned in my post above, 3u stabilisers are indeed what you are after and the only profile that I know of that has got this wrong is MT3.

3u is an old size and cherry supplies wires for these. I've actually been using them for a couple of years now because the D060 supports so I have it on my Chiwi60.

Offline orpheo

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 12:50:33 »
If I'm not mistaken, I could simply bend my own wire to do a 3U stab righ?

Offline santela

« Reply #378 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 18:07:35 »

As mentioned in my post above, 3u stabilisers are indeed what you are after and the only profile that I know of that has got this wrong is MT3.

3u is an old size and cherry supplies wires for these. I've actually been using them for a couple of years now because the D060 supports so I have it on my Chiwi60.

Ok thanks. This is all new to me having never built an ergo.

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #379 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 18:02:46 »
well, yeah, but itll probably sound like sheit
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline menuhin

« Reply #380 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 10:12:26 »

So all the MT3 sets cannot use the 3u stabilizers - what size of stabilizers must these MT3 3u keys use?
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Kukulcanvs

« Reply #381 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 13:28:26 »
The tenting design is sick. LF to the GB!

Offline PizzaForce

• Eat me.
« Reply #382 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 13:40:23 »
What a wet dream of a board. I will take 2 please. I give this the Wild Mike Pizza seal of approval. Only black is fine with me.  :thumb:

Offline PeppyToad

« Reply #383 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 16:16:11 »
Gotta be interesting to type on this one

Offline maximize

« Reply #384 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 18:25:53 »
well, yeah, but itll probably sound like sheit

What makes you think that?

Offline santela

« Reply #385 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 00:57:00 »

So all the MT3 sets cannot use the 3u stabilizers - what size of stabilizers must these MT3 3u keys use?

Apparently 2u, but this board doesn't support 2u stabs for 3u spacebars. So I guess you can only use 2u spacebars for MT3 sets.

Offline FlitzDeelman

« Reply #386 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 02:41:48 »
Gok, can you please post a video of the LEDs in action?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #387 on: Mon, 30 November 2020, 09:36:04 »
I will have to have this in my life for sure.  Please make sure the wrist rest is all part of the GB.  Beautiful design and clean lines.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline th3matador

« Reply #388 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 10:09:29 »
Man I really hope I can get one of these. Satisfaction75 left me sadge and this is the one other board i really like and willing to spend on.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #389 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 13:01:18 »
More tented keyboards are needed. Uninteresting layout. Tent is good.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline angelghb

« Reply #390 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:25:19 »
If only there were directional keys

Offline Tofuboy

« Reply #391 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:29:41 »
What is the front height of this board?

EDIT: Really just want to know the height of the control key at the bottom left of the board.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:32:05 by Tofuboy »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #392 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:31:13 »

alice with arrows is the single ugliest layout
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Tofuboy

« Reply #393 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:35:00 »

Have you seen the Ava keyboard from sneakbox.design? Looks great in my opinion.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #394 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:37:50 »

i have seen it and i still dislike the layout
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline King4477

« Reply #395 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 13:41:26 »

That Ava looks amazing. Also, Physix is my go-to board for looks and usability at work.

Offline pleasega

« Reply #396 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 08:33:29 »

bear65 is nice

Offline tommyamoszhao

« Reply #397 on: Sat, 12 December 2020, 10:42:19 »
looks good!

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #398 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 05:16:08 »

bear65 is nice

There's no need to convince Puddsy. Each person has their own opinion and preference.
I too like Alice layout more than the current arrowed options out there, just don't try to nudge me to like a board YOU like. Great if Ava and Bear65 is what you prefer, just not for everyone.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline maximize

« Reply #399 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 21:24:18 »

bear65 is nice

There's no need to convince Puddsy. Each person has their own opinion and preference.
I too like Alice layout more than the current arrowed options out there, just don't try to nudge me to like a board YOU like. Great if Ava and Bear65 is what you prefer, just not for everyone.

I don't understand why you're defending Puddsy, who was literally just deriding someone else's perfectly valid preference for directional keys...
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2020, 21:33:04 by maximize »