Author Topic: [IC] Type K - Tented Ergo keyboard (10/08/2023 - GB STARTING ON AUGUST 20TH)  (Read 498630 times)

Re: [IC] Type K - Tented Ergo keyboard (08/02/2021 - STATUS UPDATE)
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 05:17:41 »
Gok/Vendor still has to buy all the boards an QC them if they're in stock, same risk if not more because the maker has to upfront all the money...

Instock you're fighting bots depending on how much is in stock, and on a board like this if the units are low, cause great inflation.

GB will more create fairness an allow him to run more boards...

Some of you commenting like GBs are so scary and he should run away like we haven't been running them for the past decade...

I'd suggest just filling out the form an stop giving your cringey reasoning as to why it shouldn't be run as a GB, when you've never run a GB yourself, lol.

I vote GB, lesgo!
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2021, 05:19:25 by jackedhardwarejunkie »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #501 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 06:46:37 »
Yeah. Not really sure the in-stock + GB is "innovation". It's just having the investment capital to comfortably run both. It also uses FOMO to drive GB sales for all those who took an L on the in-stock. I wouldn't go as far to say it's intentionally predatory, but there's also absolutely nothing wrong with in-stock or GBs by themselves. No reason to argue whether one is better/worse then the other for gok, he knows the nature of both, and neither is necessarily easier for the runner. They just have different benefits for us as a customer.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2021, 06:49:38 by Zeelobby »

Offline Retne

« Reply #502 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 07:58:06 »
I'm down for a group buy if it means there will be more available.  I really dig the design and I can already see myself getting a big sad L on the in stock.

Offline severin

« Reply #503 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 08:41:44 »
i love this, it's beautiful

Offline Bunn3y

« Reply #504 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 08:59:07 »
+1 for GB. I personally do not mind waiting longer if it means I will be getting one without FOMO.  :D
Typing on: Switchplate iiA Sanction TKL - Gateron X (51.5g Gon springs) - full alu - GMK Dolch R5

Collection: Ivery Praxis || HHKB Pro 2 || JTD.Works Ovinnik || Realforce R1 87u || Switchplate iiA Sanction

Offline teh_pengers

« Reply #505 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 14:36:15 »
Are there any photos of this at eye-level with the desk? Would be helpful visual how the wrist rest, tenting, and board angle all come together.

Offline angelghb

« Reply #506 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 19:57:51 »
GB is better
I hope I can get it on KBDfans or iLumkb.(Asia Region )

Offline MQLYU

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 01:05:37 »
Looks amazing!!!

Offline pcire

« Reply #508 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 01:30:08 »
+1 for GB

I’d rather wait a long time for it than not get it at all.

Offline 10peaches

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 01:33:43 »
GB is better
I hope I can get it on KBDfans or iLumkb.(Asia Region )
Pretty sure it will be run exclusively on Typeplus like the Vega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline anon_swe

« Reply #510 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 02:24:49 »
you my friend are very wise

Gok/Vendor still has to buy all the boards an QC them if they're in stock, same risk if not more because the maker has to upfront all the money...

Instock you're fighting bots depending on how much is in stock, and on a board like this if the units are low, cause great inflation.

Some of you commenting like GBs are so scary and he should run away like we haven't been running them for the past decade...

I'd suggest just filling out the form an stop giving your cringey reasoning as to why it shouldn't be run as a GB, when you've never run a GB yourself, lol.

I vote GB, lesgo!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 13:15:16 »
GB vote.

Also would be fine with hybrid model or multiple runs... just something to help ensure people who want one are able to.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #512 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 13:43:06 »
you my friend are very wise

I vote GB, lesgo!

don't encourage this guy

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #513 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 15:00:51 »
All the botters be like fcfs please. Filled out for gb!

Offline Techichi

« Reply #514 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 18:57:30 »
GB Gang

Offline mikeyahngelo

« Reply #515 on: Sat, 13 February 2021, 13:53:31 »
Made a GeekHack account just for this. Voted for GB.

Offline CoyoteMegalo

« Reply #516 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 15:19:20 »
GB of course.

Offline FamilyJoule924

« Reply #517 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:41:12 »
i'm pretty new but have so far snagged 2 boards the voice 65 and a sat75 i already got my voice65 but need to wait a long time before sat will come. why is everyone pushing for GB?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #518 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:51:59 »
i'm pretty new but have so far snagged 2 boards the voice 65 and a sat75 i already got my voice65 but need to wait a long time before sat will come. why is everyone pushing for GB?
Because they are afraid they won't get the board in a fcfs.

Offline kibou store

« Reply #519 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:58:34 »
gok boards too lit

Offline LeoZ

« Reply #520 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 17:35:47 »
already voted in google form, but yeah gb please :)

Offline Vidhur100

« Reply #521 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 18:08:54 »
But if your a slow typer aren’t you disadvantaged?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #522 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 18:15:50 »

Meh, I guess? This will be through a vendor. For fcfs things through vendors, make an account, put in as much information as you can (payment/shipping info) and just show up to the drop on time. I feel like most people who take Ls on things that aren't Korean boards through Google forms show up the site 5 minutes after a drop.

For what it's worth, I'm not a fast typist. There is proof of that in my signature. Most of the Ls I take are from raffles. The Sat75 is the only vendor fcfs L I've taken, and that's a very specific case. Just show up on time for the drop and don't dilly-dally

Offline FamilyJoule924

« Reply #523 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 12:04:14 »
voted in stock because i'm fine if i don't get it and fine if i do speed is better than waiting a year

« Reply #524 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:04:05 »
Those 2 buys were 500+ units....

Not sure Goks plan unit wise but judging by the complexity of this board, I would assume it's not going to be producing 1k units, if it is, then run it as a instock item, fine by me.. Again this is just my opinion, I've fought for many low quantity boards and have won some in the past, but recently, things are oos before I can even highlight the buy button.

With the hype surrounding this layout, if -50 boards are made and sold in stock, even if you're fast, you're not as fast as a bot.

Just sayin.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:15:16 by jackedhardwarejunkie »

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #525 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:13:03 »
Joins 2 buys that were 500+ units....

Not sure Goks plan unit wise but judging by the complexity of this board, I would assume it's not going to be producing 1k units, if it is, then run it as a instock item, fine by me.. Again this is just my opinion, I've fought for many low quantity boards and have won some in the past, but recently, things are oos before I can even highlight the buy button.

With the hype surrounding this layout, if -50 boards are made and sold in stock, even if you're fast, you're not as fast as a bot.

Just sayin.
I don't understand why everyone who takes L's on fcfs insists an army of bots is what kept them from getting it. I don't deny that there are people that use bots, but until a vendor releases data on how many bots they caught/stopped/witnessed, I'm going to assume that maybe 5% of fcfs sales are bots. People talk like there is some baron who is going to use a bot to scoop up 50 fcfs units for resale. Have you ever thought that maybe 1-5 of those sales are bots, and the other 45 are just 45/1000 people trying to purchase, and they are faster? Or is that possibility too much of an ego hit?
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:15:00 by KingOfMemes »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #526 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:20:37 »

Just sayin.
I don't understand why everyone who takes L's on fcfs insists an army of bots is what kept them from getting it. I don't deny that there are people that use bots, but until a vendor releases data on how many bots they caught/stopped/witnessed, I'm going to assume that maybe 5% of fcfs sales are bots. People talk like there is some baron who is going to use a bot to scoop up 50 fcfs units for resale. Have you ever thought that maybe 1-5 of those sales are bots, and the other 45 are just 45/1000 people trying to purchase, and they are faster? Or is that possibility too much of an ego hit?
As someone with knowledge of this for a major vendor, if precautions weren't taken, you might never get a board again. Especially in stock, low qty, popular boards that'll likely have massive aftermarket value. Let's just say 5% is very low. That's probably what makes it through even after the measures have been taken (multiple layers). The numbers are drastically different from where they were 9 months ago.

All this said, gok could use one of the in stock/fcfs systems that puts multiple barriers to entry that would reduce the number of bot orders. I'm sure he would. But spoofing of email, phone number, discord account, and multiple forms of payment and delivery addresses is common in every buy now. From straight up shopify to even systems like koi.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:25:12 by Zeelobby »

« Reply #527 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:21:40 »

Just sayin.
You clearly have never tried to buy a board that was low units an hype... good luck buying something that never goes in sock.

I also think you forget this is keyboards, more than half the people in this hobby can whip up a bot quite easily, lol.

In the end OP will decide what's best for him an it is what it is.

No ego hurt here, I'd just like a fair chance depending on how many units are run as this is one of a kind an I'm a ergo user.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #528 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:22:15 »

Just sayin.
As someone with knowledge of this for a major vendor, if precautions weren't taken, you might never get a board again. Especially in stock. Let's just say 5% is very low.
All speculation, as usual.

"As a guy who has managed to cop multiple fcfs boards, bots are really not that big of a deal."

See, I can do it too.

Offline FamilyJoule924

« Reply #529 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:26:45 »
Those 2 buys were 500+ units....

Just sayin.
i tried for the ori board and didn't get it same with the fe version i was beat up about that. i like the idea of owning something limited to a certain number of boards. i'm gonna keep an eye on owlab for their 75% version that should be nice. but i've been wanting to try alice boards too. i missed out on the sagitarius so this would be cool but like i said i would personally prefer a more exclusive board if i get it awesome if not its whatever.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #530 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:27:30 »

Just sayin.
As someone with knowledge of this for a major vendor, if precautions weren't taken, you might never get a board again. Especially in stock. Let's just say 5% is very low.

"As a guy who has managed to cop multiple fcfs boards, bots are really not that big of a deal."

See, I can do it too.
Lol. Ok bud. You continue your internet warrior. If I could even divulge numbers you wouldn't believe them cause they'd shatter your "ego". Good day.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #531 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:31:45 »

Just sayin.

See, I can do it too.
Lol. Ok bud. You continue your internet warrior. If I could even divulge numbers you wouldn't believe them cause they'd shatter your "ego". Good day.
Hey man, I'd love for you to do it. I mean that. I'd actually love to know what kind of numbers we deal with. I'd love for you to actually change my mind about fcfs. But instead you just want to blow smoke out your ass and pass it off as fact. All of this bot speculation is literally just that - speculation. I'll admit that my assumption of low numbers is speculation, why can't you admit yours is as well until we actually see valid data?

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #532 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:37:31 »

Just sayin.

See, I can do it too.
Hey man, I'd love for you to do it. I mean that. I'd actually love to know what kind of numbers we deal with. I'd love for you to actually change my mind about fcfs. But instead you just want to blow smoke out your ass and pass it off as fact. All of this bot speculation is literally just that - speculation. I'll admit that my assumption of low numbers is speculation, why can't you admit yours is as well until we actually see valid data?

I don't own CK. It's not my right to release numbers. I've helped test the system and have seen numbers during multiple high traffic buys. If you want real numbers you'll have to talk to Upas. I have no reason to lie to you. Lol. I also have won fcfs sales, some recently. I'm just trying to let you know. What was fear mongering 6 months ago is a reality now. Just the way it is.

Offline FamilyJoule924

« Reply #533 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:39:24 »

Just sayin.

See, I can do it too.
i don't get how me or my comments got inserted here but there is no concrete information here. personally i make decisions based on fact and evidence of which there is none.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #534 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:49:12 »

Just sayin.

See, I can do it too.
i don't get how me or my comments got inserted here but there is no concrete information here. personally i make decisions based on fact and evidence of which there is none.
I find it hard to believe that you've never made a decision based on something someone else has told you XD. But I get what your saying. Wish there was a way to divulge numbers but I totally respect why it's something businesses don't do.

« Reply #535 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:51:33 »

Just sayin.

See, I can do it too.
Don't sweat it, it's because I quoted you.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2021, 14:21:49 by jackedhardwarejunkie »

Offline brandkeebs

« Reply #536 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 14:18:09 »

Just sayin.

See, I can do it too.

He's a mod of CK, why would he lie? If bots weren't really a problem why would there be so much investment of resources devoted to anti-bot preventative measures by CK, the koi raffle system, etc

There has been screenshots from bot discords posted after extras sales and stuff that show there are many bots running and they just scoop up stuff like crazy.

Offline FamilyJoule924

« Reply #537 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 17:02:34 »

Just sayin.

See, I can do it too.
I find it hard to believe that you've never made a decision based on something someone else has told you XD. But I get what your saying. Wish there was a way to divulge numbers but I totally respect why it's something businesses don't do.
you are 100% right i have made decisions based on things i've been told. that being said with age and lots of error and education i've learned to base decisions on empircal evidence, not emotional statements. i by no means am trying to discredit you i don't know how credible you are or are not. just saying i would prefer to stick to quantifiable numbers as opposed to vague statements

Offline KZzzz

« Reply #538 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 19:20:08 »
If you had good experiences with fcfs sales, and if you experienced/are experiencing GB delays and such BS, you would prefer fsfc. If you takes multiple L's on fcfs sales or just have below average hardware/internet, you would prefer GB. Humans make decisions based on their prior experience regardless of other's opinion, and that principle has been demonstrated here perfectly. At the end of the day it does not matter, as each option has pro's and con's that each and every person here values differently. What does matter is that there is definitely interest for this quirky keyboard and no matter what there will be a group of dedicated people trying to purchase one no matter the cost/method. I think it is a mistake polling about sales method here, because it doesn't matter to that group of dedicated people. Gok understands his board better than anyone here, and I think he has the best judgement than anyone here on how to run it, how much risk is involved etc. If you are so upset about the method of sale, why not just move on; you'll find a board similar to this eventually.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2021, 19:21:52 by KZzzz »

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #539 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 22:49:15 »
you are 100% right i have made decisions based on things i've been told. that being said with age and lots of error and education i've learned to base decisions on empircal evidence, not emotional statements. i by no means am trying to discredit you i don't know how credible you are or are not. just saying i would prefer to stick to quantifiable numbers as opposed to vague statements

Definitely makes sense. Sadly, from a business perspective, it's something most vendors won't just put out there. I have zero incentive to lie about it, but it's true that none know me personally. I don't really care about GB vs FCFS for type-k, I'll go for it and hopefully get it either way. I'm just a fan of the GB model, takes longer, but people tend to be happier. Just from my experience working with a vendor.

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #540 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 22:53:34 »
If you had good experiences with fcfs sales, and if you experienced/are experiencing GB delays and such BS, you would prefer fsfc. If you takes multiple L's on fcfs sales or just have below average hardware/internet, you would prefer GB. Humans make decisions based on their prior experience regardless of other's opinion, and that principle has been demonstrated here perfectly. At the end of the day it does not matter, as each option has pro's and con's that each and every person here values differently. What does matter is that there is definitely interest for this quirky keyboard and no matter what there will be a group of dedicated people trying to purchase one no matter the cost/method. I think it is a mistake polling about sales method here, because it doesn't matter to that group of dedicated people. Gok understands his board better than anyone here, and I think he has the best judgement than anyone here on how to run it, how much risk is involved etc. If you are so upset about the method of sale, why not just move on; you'll find a board similar to this eventually.

Most of this is true. I would say that the GB method with higher quantity of boards does lower aftermarket pricing, and increases chances for those who really want the board, and are willing to wait for completion (with gok's standards this is pretty much guaranteed). There's less incentive for botting and flipping if the return on investment is months away. And for a designer, your number one goal is to get your board into people's hands who will use and enjoy it. I think it's pretty clear that gok recognizes that he can run it both ways, so I think a poll is fine in this case. He wouldn't have put it up otherwise.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2021, 22:56:17 by Zeelobby »

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #541 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 04:01:27 »
Not saying I am excited for this board but I am not getting in AVA gb just because of this board. Can. Not. Wait.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

« Reply #542 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 06:55:48 »
Problem here is that everyone who's had a "good" experience with a fcfs board has been a board with 500 units, which is really cracking me up...

Sure if Gok runs 500 units run it fcfs that's easy, if it's limited say something like 50 units I'd prefer a GB even if it is a pre-made I would prefer a GB...

Talk all the ish you want, ego this ego that, I'm a fast typer and have good internet, but when you have something setup with Google pay to instabuy that doesnt even require typing, you're smashing f5 and the add to cart button doesn't highlight...

That's all I'm trying to avoid here.

« Last Edit: Sat, 20 February 2021, 06:57:46 by jackedhardwarejunkie »

Offline anon_swe

« Reply #543 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 14:16:27 »
Preach friend!!!

Problem here is that everyone who's had a "good" experience with a fcfs board has been a board with 500 units, which is really cracking me up...

Sure if Gok runs 500 units run it fcfs that's easy, if it's limited say something like 50 units I'd prefer a GB even if it is a pre-made I would prefer a GB...

Talk all the ish you want, ego this ego that, I'm a fast typer and have good internet, but when you have something setup with Google pay to instabuy that doesnt even require typing, you're smashing f5 and the add to cart button doesn't highlight...

That's all I'm trying to avoid here.

Offline eddyxn

« Reply #544 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 09:43:14 »
+GB, All we have is time these days and I've grown to be patient in this hobby.

Offline anon_swe

« Reply #545 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 14:51:22 »
100% agree.  I don't mind waiting even a year or longer if it means the keebs will come out perfect versus rushed in-stock buys

+GB, All we have is time these days and I've grown to be patient in this hobby.

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #546 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 02:26:20 »

Meh, I guess? This will be through a vendor. For fcfs things through vendors, make an account, put in as much information as you can (payment/shipping info) and just show up to the drop on time. I feel like most people who take Ls on things that aren't Korean boards through Google forms show up the site 5 minutes after a drop.

For what it's worth, I'm not a fast typist. There is proof of that in my signature. Most of the Ls I take are from raffles. The Sat75 is the only vendor fcfs L I've taken, and that's a very specific case. Just show up on time for the drop and don't dilly-dally
In Denmark, if you're over 15 you have to use a 2-factor authentication app EVERY SINGLE TIME you order things with your credit card online. You have the app tied to your social security number. Just lost the ****ing S!NGȦ UNIKORИ because of this, I even got an order cancellation email which means I would have gotten one if it weren't for this. PayPal can negate this (Thank ****ing God), but that wasn't an option for the UNIKORИ. GB is just... better, granted everything goes right, that is.
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline eczactly

« Reply #547 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 10:49:49 »
In Denmark, if you're over 15 you have to use a 2-factor authentication app EVERY SINGLE TIME you order things with your credit card online. You have the app tied to your social security number. Just lost the ****ing S!NGȦ UNIKORИ because of this, I even got an order cancellation email which means I would have gotten one if it weren't for this. PayPal can negate this (Thank ****ing God), but that wasn't an option for the UNIKORИ. GB is just... better, granted everything goes right, that is.

just find a 14 year old to help you with this.

Offline anon_swe

« Reply #548 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 14:13:18 »
Jesus they got you by the balls there, not to mention all the insane taxes. Issues like this warrant a GB.  I don't want my Denmark brothers and sisters to miss out on such a great keeb because of something ridiculous like this.

Offline JustBagel

Re: [IC] Type K - Tented Ergo keyboard (26/02/2021 - STATUS UPDATE)
« Reply #549 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 17:00:27 »
gb please, i managed to do everything within 15seconds for black vega instock and i was still too slow.