Author Topic: [IC] WS Kraken | Group Buy Starting Soon | Deskmat and Artisan Prototypes  (Read 34388 times)

Offline Mangas

5/12/2022 In-stock Sale dates and more vendors added .
9/10/2022 The IC has been updated with new renders , prototype photos and more information .
8/15/2023 Group Buy Starting soon , new photos , deskmat prototypes , metal artisan prototypes

Hello everyone!

I'm very happy to announce that the group buy for WS Kraken keycaps is starting soon .

Interest Check Form

Discord Channel

General Information
Profile: Cherry
Material: PBT Doubleshot
Manufacturer: Wuque Studio

Timeline

Group Buy : Late August / Early September 2023

Pricing
Base Kit : $95 USD
Novelties : $29 USD
40’s : $39 USD
Deskmat : $22 USD
Metal Artisan : $39 USD

Vendors

China / International : Wuque Studio
USA : Cannonkeys
Canada : Mech.Land
SG : IlumKB
EU : Keygem
UK : Prototypist
VN : Soi Gear
Indonesia : Keebsmark
JP : Yushakobo
TW : Inpad
TH : NTCH Keys
More vendors to be confiremd

Kits:
Please refer to prototype photos for more accurate legends

Base Kit

More
Novelties

40's

Spacebars Accent

Renders:
Please refer to prototype photos for more accurate legends

TGR Jane V2 CE by Yuktsi

TGR Alice by Yuktsi

Bakeneko by Kkatano

Prototype Photos:
Please ignore the keycaps with incorrect that were misplaced by WS , the legends on these will be as in the base kit renders (Ctrl,Win,Menu,Fn)

Collaborations
Click for larger images

Deskmat Designs by Mister Moy

Kraken artisan sculpts  by KrakenKap
Please keep in mind these are prototypes , colors subject to change.

Threadward 1U sculpt by KrakenKap                          Kraken 2.25U ANSI Enter sculpt by KrakenKap                          Cacodemon 1U sculpt by KrakenKap

Discord Channel

Discord : Mangas#4103
Feel free to leave any feedback and suggestions here. We would really appreciate you filling out the IC form if you haven’t already.
Thank you so much for your interest :)

Interest Check Form
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 August 2023, 09:23:59 by Mangas »

Offline mrvpixel

Looks great! Would love an EU proxy, maybe contact mykeyboard?

Offline Mangas

The vendors listed right now are the confirmed ones :D , there will be other Vendors for many more regions for sure.

Offline growler

UK proxy perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline DJ Clicks

Possibility of SEA or SG vendor? Like HexKeyboards, iLumkb, RebultKeyboards.

Offline Mangas

Possibility of SEA or SG vendor? Like HexKeyboards, iLumkb, RebultKeyboards.
There should be one but we will know for certain once the Sale/GB thread is up , like said in the thread we don't know the vendors for all the regions yet but there will certainly be more than the listed ones.

Offline Distracto

Pretty stoked to see what kind of tentacle action is gonna be on the novelties!
oh those look great!

Offline Lenux

Amazing new PBT manu !!! GLWIC !

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Have they got samples of the doubleshot keycap
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline growler

If the quality is there .. really sharp, consistent lettering in PBT, and perfectly shaped larger keycaps, this would be a real winner for me. Will watch this space.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Don't just stare at it ...

Offline drunken_sailor

• * Vendor
  • I'm from KeebCats!
    • KeebCats
This looks stunning. Can't wait to see some product pics. GLWIC!

Offline andromache

Excited about the potential for this - looking forward to seeing sample pics!

Offline Hi !!

• Kiimari
Looking forward to samples/in-stocks!

Offline zea

• yeh
this looks incredibly promising! hope to see samples of the set soon!

Offline Faceman76

In.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline Xury46

I love absolutely everything about this!

Offline MrBIGEURO

Yes! Ready to release the kraken!

Offline KEYE

In-stock sale? Nice, let's go!!!!!

Offline bby

• bby#0001
big GMK Umbra vibes. I like the theme nonetheless and the artisans are beautiful. GLWIC

Offline XiXora

Would love a couple of 1.5U Code keys.

Offline VAMP

• VAMP
    • Buy me a Ko-fi maybe?
Please take my money now Mangas!
Your friendly neighbourhood graphic designer. Hit me up if you need any graphic works! ✏️

https://www.instagram.com/by.vamp/

Offline dertkw

Is the international kit gone for good due to the manufacturer switch or is there a chance of it coming back for the gb later?

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
In stock you say? With the potential of a keyboard collaboration you say?
Much more comfortable with the new Manu. What a fun IC - super duper considering this set now.

Offline 1corazon

FYI I want to buy this kit but i do live in Sydney Australia.

Can any one advise if any of the resellers are based in Australia or ASIA come on bro i need to buy this, this needs to be available in our region - Any word on this ?

PLEASE ADVISE i really really need this kit in my life!!!

Offline Mangas

FYI I want to buy this kit but i do live in Sydney Australia.

Can any one advise if any of the resellers are based in Australia or ASIA come on bro i need to buy this, this needs to be available in our region - Any word on this ?

PLEASE ADVISE i really really need this kit in my life!!!
I am pretty certain there will be one for Australia but we will know for sure when vendors are announced , thank you for the feedback .

Offline KrakenkapTeam

😘😘

Any updates on the in stock sale/GB for this set?

Offline Lenux

Any information about a EU proxy ?

Offline Mangas

Any information about a EU proxy ?
Unfortunately not yet , there will be a European vendor 100% , just don't know which one yet . Probably will be announced in next update

Offline Mangas

Hello :D , I am hoping to know relatively soon , the August / September as stated in the IC may have been a little too optimistic but only time can tell , (I will update the thread about the plausible delay when I have concrete info) , I would be leaning towards October/November next . (Please keep in mind this is just my estimate , I don't know for sure yet , I may be completely wrong here)
I will let everyone know when I have concrete info from WS .

Hello :D , I am hoping to know relatively soon , the August / September as stated in the IC may have been a little too optimistic but only time can tell , (I will update the thread about the plausible delay when I have concrete info) , I would be leaning towards October/November next . (Please keep in mind this is just my estimate , I don't know for sure yet , I may be completely wrong here)
I will let everyone know when I have concrete info from WS .

All good. Thanks for the update!

Offline AsthmaticKirby

Still pretty new to geekhack, when and where would I be able to buy these?

Offline Faceman76

Bottom of first post for vendors. Otherwise, don't believe it has been released yet.

Offline Mangas

Bottom of first post for vendors. Otherwise, don't believe it has been released yet.

Yeah the vendors have not been yet announced but we may have an idea of how the list will look like approximately (not public yet) . Unfortunately the set will be delayed for some time (as is evident because of the lack of updates about dates of sale) .
An update for some insight and more info about the delay should be coming relatively soon-ish .

Offline Jevimeister

May I know the thickness of the thickness of the keycaps?

Offline Transistor

Yeah the vendors have not been yet announced but we may have an idea of how the list will look like approximately (not public yet) . Unfortunately the set will be delayed for some time (as is evident because of the lack of updates about dates of sale) .
An update for some insight and more info about the delay should be coming relatively soon-ish .

Soo I'm assuming that the gb hasn't started yet and it's not even public yet. Do you have any idea on when it will be?(I might just be really dumb and it already passed because thats what the starting post said)

Thank you,
Transistor
Don't judge me -_-

Offline Faceman76

Soo I'm assuming that the gb hasn't started yet and it's not even public yet. Do you have any idea on when it will be?(I might just be really dumb and it already passed because thats what the starting post said)

Thank you,
Transistor
As per their Discord, we haven't missed anything yet.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Rama caps getting moved to Hibi?

Offline EightDiagram

Is WS smooth or textured?

Offline Mangas

Thank you,
Transistor
Hello , really sorry for the late reply , it has not run yet unfortunately , there have been some delays , a update will come to this page eventually and of course on the discord .

Offline Mangas

Is WS smooth or textured?
I havent got any prototypes yet so unfortunately I don't know the answer for that question

Offline Mangas

May I know the thickness of the thickness of the keycaps?
I havent got that information yet so unfortunately I don't know the answer for that question .
I would asssume they would be the standart for higher end cherry profile keycaps so about 1.3-1.6mm (please dont quote me on this , this is my speculation).

Offline ArkOberon

I'm really digging this set, especially that ikki68 Aurora. Any word on the stock for the Aurora Collab? GL with the project.

Offline Transistor

Any updates?

Thanks,
Transistor
Don't judge me -_-

Offline Mangas

Any updates?

Thanks,
Transistor
Hello , radio silence here 😦 , nothing much I can do since the  delay announcement text is being written by another team member who I imagine is extremely busy with Aurora orders so I won't bother him too much right now  . I think all I can say that I am getting updates from the Wuque team  that the process is going smooth and as expected so far . Stay tuned , I will make sure to update this when I have something ,  . Hopefully it comes sooner than later .

Any updates here?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Any updates here?

Just noticed the original post was updated last week.  Looks like sales might start soon.

Offline alper_maestro