Author Topic: [GB] Alpine Winter (Shipping Replacements)  (Read 2272104 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (Invoices Sent, Awaiting Payment)
« Reply #350 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 13:12:13 »
I should be all paid.

Now to budget in a Monarch for my November expenses to go with them.
That's the ticket.

Everyone! Buy a Monarch!!!

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #351 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 14:58:46 »
I can't wait to go swimming in the massive pile of these caps. njbair and I are gonna have a good time ;).

Hmm, it's a little cold for swimming right now.  But enjoy!

It's never too cold to go swimming.
(Attachment Link)

That actually looks like fun (as long as there is a hot tub nearby.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #352 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 15:01:25 »
I can't wait to go swimming in the massive pile of these caps. njbair and I are gonna have a good time ;).

Hmm, it's a little cold for swimming right now.  But enjoy!

It's never too cold to go swimming.
(Attachment Link)

That actually looks like fun (as long as there is a hot tub nearby.

The question is, would that, or jumping into a pit full of metal discs like scrooge hurt more?
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline derpingit

« Reply #353 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 02:41:18 »
late to the party.. as always..  :(

Offline E3E

« Reply #354 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 02:44:06 »
late to the party.. as always..  :(

I cannot make any promises, but there is a chance I might not need a set when all is said and done. I ordered three. I will definitely be using two.

I know there are others here with extra sets too, so fear not! Just stay tuned to this thread and I'm sure someone will have one to offer after a while.

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #355 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:13:50 »
Sorry if I missed it, but what type of homing f/j marks will the set have.  Saw that it was what was standard for DCS but I'm not sure what that is - spikes, bars, or scoops?

Offline E3E

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:29:10 »
Sorry if I missed it, but what type of homing f/j marks will the set have.  Saw that it was what was standard for DCS but I'm not sure what that is - spikes, bars, or scoops?

Spikes... you must really not like homing dots, or nipples as the popular term seems to be.  :))

The set will use homing bars!  :thumb:

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #357 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:35:19 »

Spikes... you must really not like homing dots, or nipples as the popular term seems to be.  :))

The set will use homing bars!  :thumb:

Glad to hear bars. Just put my new modern selectric on my KUL and with the nerve damage in my hands I gotta say nibbles, dot ps, pungy sticks - not a fan.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #358 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 06:34:07 »
Glad to hear bars. Just put my new modern selectric on my KUL and with the nerve damage in my hands I gotta say nibbles, dot ps, pungy sticks - not a fan.

Haha, those *are* a bit spikey. They also make it more difficult to clean the keys.

Offline braidn

« Reply #359 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 07:00:08 »
Thank you for no homing spikes. Have a pair from a 1976 set and I am still scarred from using them for a day

Offline NoblesseOblige

« Reply #360 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:10:10 »
I should be all paid.

That's the ticket.

I just need to pick a color and I'll be in for the Monarch. I also wanted to confirm whether or not I can still add the numpad pack through the Monarch order form even though this group buy is finished. I should have probably checked last week but it slipped my mind.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #361 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:14:42 »
I should be all paid.

That's the ticket.

I just need to pick a color and I'll be in for the Monarch. I also wanted to confirm whether or not I can still add the numpad pack through the Monarch order form even though this group buy is finished. I should have probably checked last week but it slipped my mind.

Ordering for Alpine Winter is closed, but I am personally ordering a small number of extra numpad kits for Monarch builds. If the Monarch doesn't get made this time around, I'll keep them handy for whenever (and if) koalapear decides to rerun it.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline NoblesseOblige

« Reply #362 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:19:44 »
I should be all paid.

That's the ticket.

Ordering for Alpine Winter is closed, but I am personally ordering a small number of extra numpad kits for Monarch builds. If the Monarch doesn't get made this time around, I'll keep them handy for whenever (and if) koalapear decides to rerun it.

So if I were to join the Monarch Group Buy this Friday and choose the option in that order form for a blank Alpine Winter set would it not produce an order? If not I would contact Koalaspear and maybe have that option removed from the google form for the remainder of that GB, as to avoid confusion. If however it's separate and does process an additional order then disregard that.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #363 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:28:15 »
I should be all paid.

That's the ticket.

So if I were to join the Monarch Group Buy this Friday and choose the option in that order form for a blank Alpine Winter set would it not produce an order? If not I would contact Koalaspear and maybe have that option removed from the google form for the remainder of that GB, as to avoid confusion. If however it's separate and does process an additional order then disregard that.

Okay. I will have a few extra numpad kits to cover Monarch orders. When the Monarch GB is done, koalapear will forward the numpad orders to me and I will make sure they get shipped with the Alpine Winter base kits. If koalapear has to call off the Monarch GB due to lack of interest, nobody will have to pay for numpad kits and I will shelf the kits I ordered for a possible future re-run. But you will still get the AW base kit that you ordered.

My boards:
More

Offline NoblesseOblige

« Reply #364 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:30:57 »
Okay. I will have a few extra numpad kits to cover Monarch orders. When the Monarch GB is done, koalapear will forward the numpad orders to me and I will make sure they get shipped with the Alpine Winter base kits. If koalapear has to call off the Monarch GB due to lack of interest, nobody will have to pay for numpad kits and I will shelf the kits I ordered for a possible future re-run. But you will still get the AW base kit that you ordered.

All right, I think I got it now. Sorry for my confusion, and thanks for the clarification.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (On Order with SP)
« Reply #365 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 16:10:57 »
After some unavoidable delays yesterday, I placed the order with Signature Plastics this morning. I've asked SP for a more specific lead time now that the order is placed. I'll keep you all posted as I hear more from them. We should still be on track to have these caps in everyone's hands by Christmas, at least for CONUS orders. International orders will be sorted & weighed, and an invoice sent for the exact shipping cost. This should save our overseas friends a substantial amount on shipping charges.

I still have about a dozen outstanding invoices. Many of those folks have already responded to my PM nagging. If you're reading this and you haven't yet paid or contacted me, please shoot me a PM and just let me know what the deal is. Any kits that haven't been claimed one week from now (November 10), I'll make available on a first come, first serve basis for those who missed out on the buy.

My boards:
More

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #366 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 18:04:35 »

Offline SpikeBolt

• √(4) != -2
« Reply #367 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 04:49:07 »
If you happen to have an an extra set or someone who changed their mind I'm interested! :thumb:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 15:19:05 »
Hey all, just checking in with a quick update.

Invoicing has taken a little longer than I expected. I was hoping to have SP paid up and in the production queue by last week, but a typo error caused a delay in the invoicing with SP. It's all straightened out now so our 6-week lead time begins this week. That puts the SP production completion date somewhere in the week of December 21.

On a personal note, my wife and I just bought a new house and our move-in date is December 19. I am taking my last week of vacation around that weekend, but I'll be focusing on packing, moving, & unpacking. Just so you guys don't think I'm a jerk or insane, I want to point out that when ordering opened for Alpine Winter our old house wasn't even on the market yet. I never expected it to sell in 10 days, so my wife and I had to scramble to find our new home. Fortunately we found a place that's perfect for our family, but the timing was kind of out of our hands.

So what does all this mean for your order? Well, the earliest I would expect to see these caps at my doorstep would be the week of December 21, but with holiday shipping delays, I'm thinking I won't have them at least until the following week. Weather permitting, CPT is planning to drive up to Cleveland and help me sort caps (BTW, anyone else is welcome to come as well, there's plenty of room in the new house). Either way, I'm going to hustle to get things packed up and shipped out ASAP.

Finally, if you haven't paid your invoice yet, please do so! If you're having trouble let me know. Thanks.

My boards:
More

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 15:23:44 »
Grats on the new house.  I'm not in a rush. I don't know if there's a way to prioritize the order but I'm ok waiting if it will help out others.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2015, 15:27:53 by Texchappy »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 15:24:51 »
Help sort caps? I thought we were just going to go for a swim in them :(.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 15:30:39 »
Help sort caps? I thought we were just going to go for a swim in them :(.

Are you like that guy in Guardians of the Galaxy who can't understand metaphors?

"Nothing goes over my head! My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it."

My boards:
More

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 15:33:06 »
I for one am shocked, shocked I say, that you would dare prioritize a house of all things over our beautiful, beautiful Alps keycaps!  :mad:

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #373 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 16:57:37 »
GB leaders these days. No sense of priorities.  :D
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km˛), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km˛),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #374 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 17:02:55 »
Must have been a REALLY successful GB  :cool:

Offline Muffinbottoms

« Reply #375 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 00:11:26 »
Congrats on the new house! :D I personally say a breather and enjoy the new house and holidays  :thumb: I'd come help with the sorting, but I don't think the bus would even make it to Cleveland before you finished haha!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #376 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 00:32:37 »
Good luck with the GB and the move, you insane jerk ;)

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #377 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 03:29:28 »
Congratulations on the invoicing getting straightened out with SP! Also congrats on the house thing, I guess... :P

This is going to be here sooner than you think!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #378 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 09:47:43 »
Thanks everyone for your kind words. It wouldn't be a group buy without some kind of spanner in the works. And as Zealousy stated, it will be here before you know it.

My boards:
More

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #379 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:11:57 »
Thanks everyone for your kind words. It wouldn't be a group buy without some kind of spanner in the works. And as Zealousy stated, it will be here before you know it.

Exactly!  Now it's just time to forget about it.  This works great as it will be like a giant Christmas package assuming it hits the full 6 weeks. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #380 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:26:00 »
Like Uncle Scrooge in his money bin.

Show Image

I'd love to come down and help sort swim in caps when it's that time.  I'm about 8 hours away, so it may not work out, but I do love me a good sorting swimming party.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:55:41 »
Hoff don't bail. Let's do this

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #382 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:58:16 »

Show Image

I'd love to come down and help sort swim in caps when it's that time.  I'm about 8 hours away, so it may not work out, but I do love me a good sorting swimming party.
If you come and help sort, I won't have to ship your caps so I can refund your shipping charges. So you really can't afford not to!

My boards:
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 12:00:02 »

Show Image

If you come and help sort, I won't have to ship your caps so I can refund your shipping charges. So you really can't afford not to!

Did you charge $100 for shipping??

This whole GB is a skam!

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #384 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 21:04:33 »
Hmm.  I am kinda interested in helping with sorting, I've always wanted to see more of Cleveland and meet another keyboard geek.  However, I'll be in France for Christmas time, so I don't think I could make it (humble brag). 

Anyways, have fun with the new house!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #385 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 22:18:21 »
Humble brag out of nowhere!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #386 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 22:23:35 »
I knew he had ulterior motives as soon as he said he wanted to see Cleveland.

My boards:
More

Offline Delirious

« Reply #387 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 22:23:51 »
Hmm.  I am kinda interested in helping with sorting, I've always wanted to see more of Cleveland and meet another keyboard geek.  However, I'll be in France for Christmas time, so I don't think I could make it (humble brag). 

Anyways, have fun with the new house!

If it makes you feel any better, Paris is a dangerous town

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #388 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 05:31:13 »

I'm serious, I enjoy visiting other Rust Belt cities. And I'm a public transportation nerd, and I hear Cleveland has some sort of rapid transit, so I would love to check that out, no matter rickety it might b.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #389 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 08:50:05 »

Hey, you guys do have the Rock and Roll HoF...which is a sham...but does have some really nice stuff to look at, so it's not a total waste.  ;)

Also you're close to Cedar Point.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #390 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 12:09:36 »

Hey, you guys do have the Rock and Roll HoF...which is a sham...but does have some really nice stuff to look at, so it's not a total waste.  ;)

Also you're close to Cedar Point.

Cedar Point is pretty awesome.

My boards:
More

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #391 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 13:51:36 »

Cedar Point is pretty awesome.

For those of us that do not enjoy roller coasters, I must disagree.  Unless Soak City has something to offer.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #392 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 15:57:57 »
those of us that do not enjoy roller coasters

Not even love roller coasters?

My boards:
More

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #393 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 18:26:20 »
when are the extras going on sale? any estimate on $?
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 November 2015, 18:29:15 by kinglukas38 »
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #394 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 19:07:30 »
I sent out final reminders this afternoon, I'll open up the leftovers for sale early next week. Pricing will be the same, see the OP.

My boards:
More

Offline SpikeBolt

• √(4) != -2
« Reply #395 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 19:16:09 »
Dibbbbbbbbbbs :D

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #396 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 19:21:56 »
I sent out final reminders this afternoon, I'll open up the leftovers for sale early next week. Pricing will be the same, see the OP.

Awesome, looking forward to picking up a set
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #397 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 12:48:26 »

Let me describe what happens when I ride roller coasters.  I close my eyes and grip the bar for dear life until it's over.  Then I vow to never ride them again.

Nice guy, I would probably extort as much profit as possible on the unpaid extras.

Offline E3E

« Reply #398 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 13:34:58 »

Let me describe what happens when I ride roller coasters.  I close my eyes and grip the bar for dear life until it's over.  Then I vow to never ride them again.

Nice guy, I would probably extort as much profit as possible on the unpaid extras.

Rollercoasters used to scare me as a kid, until I forced myself to ride them.

Haha, yeah I can understand inflating prices a little bit if someone is in a true financial bind, but if there's truly no need for someone to inflate prices other than "it's the free market," then that's pretty ****ty.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #399 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 14:38:33 »

From my perspective, it's either sell them quickly or float the cost indefinitely until someone is willing to pay inflated prices. I've got other things to spend money on than a bunch of extra cap sets, especially since I'm already buying three personal sets of AW plus blanks for an Ergo Dox and a Planck (neither of which I even own yet).

My boards:
More