Author Topic: [GB] Alpine Winter (Shipping Replacements)  (Read 2272051 times)

Offline Muffinbottoms

Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (On Order with SP)
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:48:02 »
I'm already buying three personal sets of AW plus blanks for an Ergo Dox and a Planck (neither of which I even own yet).

You know what my momma always told me? "Muff, life is like a box of chocolates, always buy multiple cap sets because you know you're gonna get multiple keyboards"

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #401 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:50:07 »
I'm already buying three personal sets of AW plus blanks for an Ergo Dox and a Planck (neither of which I even own yet).

You know what my momma always told me? "Muff, life is like a box of chocolates, always buy multiple cap sets because you know you're gonna get multiple keyboards"

Your momma was a real smart lady.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #402 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 14:51:37 »

My momma told me to stop buying **** I don't need.

I did not listen.

Offline E3E

« Reply #403 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 15:15:41 »
Great, now I'm imagining someone taking a valentine's box full of chocolates and replacing all of the chocolates with a key cap set. :))

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (EXTRAS NOW AVAILABLE)
« Reply #404 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 15:41:43 »
Okay, folks. We've got some unpaid extra sets available. If you missed out on the order window, now's your chance to score some Alps goodness! Here's what's available:

Base kits $70
6U Spacebar kits (Infinity) $5
6.5U Spacebar kits (AEKII) $5
Novelty kits $5

To order, just shoot me a PM with the items & quantities you want, your shipping address, and email for invoicing.

Ordering is first come, first serve, so get 'em before they're gone!

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #405 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 15:47:22 »

Ordered, my infinity can't wait :D

Edit: paid
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 November 2015, 20:27:52 by kinglukas38 »
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #406 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 16:19:42 »
Okay, folks. We've got some unpaid extra sets available. If you missed out on the order window, now's your chance to score some Alps goodness! Here's what's available:

Base kits $70
6U Spacebar kits (Infinity) $5
6.5U Spacebar kits (AEKII) $5
Novelty kits $5

To order, just shoot me a PM with the items & quantities you want, your shipping address, and email for invoicing.

woohoo! I'm in!

Offline joey

« Reply #407 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 16:21:24 »
Hopefully got one of the extras!

This is good motivation to add Alps support to my PCB!

Offline E3E

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 16:34:15 »
Good luck getting in, guys!

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #409 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 16:50:00 »
Any idea when everything will be heading out?

Too bad I live nowhere near at all as I am sure many of us would love to help.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #410 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 17:17:40 »
Is it too late to get anyone of the extras? I'd love to get one.

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #411 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 17:23:40 »

might still be some left over. Pm njbair and hope that luck shines upon you
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #412 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 20:33:44 »

I may have one left, still waiting on a follow-up PM. Feel free to PM me your info if you're still interested.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #413 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 21:45:34 »
Okay folks, so I have an interesting dilemma. I'd like to get your opinions.

As you know, some of the original orders went unpaid and I've resold those sets. Well, three of those orders were entered in the nubs raffle, which means we are now down to 47 entries in the raffle instead of the original 50. I could enter the next three eligible orders into the raffle, or I could leave it at 47 entries and increase those folks' chances by a tiny bit. What should I do?

One part of me thinks I should enter those next three folks who ordered sets at the 50 MOQ. But the raffle was really there to encourage early orders, and in that sense, orders #51 through #53 didn't really help us meet MOQ, so they don't really belong in the raffle.

What do you think?

My boards:
More

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #414 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 21:49:23 »
I say early orders only, but it sounds a bit selfish doesn't it?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #415 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 21:54:59 »
I don't have any skin in that game, but I think you should draw from the 47 remaining.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline skullydazed

• * Vendor
  • Had to turn PM's off. Email info@clueboard.co!
    • Clueboard
« Reply #416 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 22:26:34 »
I think there are very good arguments to be made for both. At the time that #51, 52, and 53 ordered did they know that MOQ had been hit? If not I think intention counts for something and they should be included. If so I'd say leave it up to luck and flip a coin to see whether they get to be included.  :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 November 2015, 22:32:49 by skullydazed »

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #417 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 23:37:16 »
I'm with stoic-lemon.
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km˛), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km˛),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline E3E

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 00:02:02 »
I also agree that it should be drawn from the initial 47. :o

I definitely see Skully's point, but it'd be impossible to know if someone's being honest or not if they know a raffle spot is on the line. They could easily fib on their intent, haha.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 November 2015, 00:04:00 by E3E »

Offline Muffinbottoms

« Reply #419 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 21:31:35 »
Great, now I'm imagining someone taking a valentine's box full of chocolates and replacing all of the chocolates with a key cap set. :))

probably the best kinda of chocolate box you could receive!  :D

More

Your momma was a real smart lady.

I like to think so, but her texting makes me think otherwise :P

More

My momma told me to stop buying **** I don't need.

I did not listen.

Haha I'm sure everyone on geekhack didn't follow that rule from their moms

Also I'm probably one of the few who will say this, but, I personally believe in the hippie idea of including those three people  :p. The chance of winning a custom cap is cool, but to me they were always just icing on the cake that is Alpine Winter.

Offline RyanArr

« Reply #420 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 12:02:12 »
Any spacebars and novelties left? (Also PMed)

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 15:16:23 »
NJBair, coming from one of the dudes picking up an unpaid order, I assumed I wasn't in the raffle. Definitely not going to be upset if not entered- just happy to be here! If we do get included it's just a pretty sweet bonus :) So no worries bra, don't think about it too much

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (In Production)
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 21:48:12 »
Hey all, I've got a stack of PMs to go through, and I'll get to each one of you soon. But just to put it out there, the extra spots have all been filled. I just have one more invoice to send out and that's it.

Once all orders have been shipped and received and any potential missing or damaged keys have been replaced, I may have some extra blanks and/or spacebars (I rounded some quantities up on the order just to cover mistakes). If so, I'll post them for sale in the classifieds. But once the caps arrive I'll need to focus on the full orders to get them packed and shipped as quickly as possible.

Thanks so much to all of you for your interest and support.

My boards:
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #423 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 06:52:29 »
I'm now offering a Snapchat and Periscope subscription for the cap sorting party at njbair's. We're going to sip on the finest, swim in keycaps, and generally talk **** about all things not Alps related. $5 to lolno@gmail.net.

In slightly more related news, I'll probably make a mini-zine with pics from the cap sorting party.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 November 2015, 06:57:34 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #424 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 07:33:37 »
yeah yeah YEAH

so stoked about this
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #425 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 10:59:33 »
Put it on MFC. Hot keycap action!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #426 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 19:36:05 »
I'm now offering a Snapchat and Periscope subscription for the cap sorting party at njbair's. We're going to sip on the finest, swim in keycaps, and generally talk **** about all things not Alps related. $5 to lolno@gmail.net.

In slightly more related news, I'll probably make a mini-zine with pics from the cap sorting party.

What's that exact cap sorting party date again?
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #427 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 19:39:43 »

Not sure yet. I'll start bugging SP for hard dates as we get closer. But probably late December.

My boards:
More

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #428 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 19:53:39 »

Not sure yet. I'll start bugging SP for hard dates as we get closer. But probably late December.

I can do January, but not late December, unless my Christmas travel plan are affected.  I'll need something to look forward to in January, winter in the Midwest has a tendency to darken my soul.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #429 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 15:36:41 »

I can do January, but not late December, unless my Christmas travel plan are affected.  I'll need something to look forward to in January, winter in the Midwest has a tendency to darken my soul.

If it does end up being early January, I might be able to tack it on the end of my road trip.  :thumb:

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #430 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 19:24:53 »
Just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this one.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #431 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 20:27:05 »
Just wanted to check in and see how things are going with this one.
My last communication with SP was on November 23. Melissa was just double-checking some details for the add-on packs, presumably because they were getting ready to start churning out keycaps.

I've already shared that invoicing took a bit longer than I expected, both on the GB side and the SP side. I didn't realize that getting an invoice from SP takes about a week after you request it. There were also some errors with SP's original invoice and that cost us another week. I probably should have requested it sooner, although I'm not sure how that would have worked because so many orders had changes after the ordering closed, and those changes affected the final order quantities. If this had been a for-profit buy I could have used some of the proceeds to cover a bigger error margin and get the order out sooner. But I had very little wiggle room, especially considering as it happened I still had about 15% of the invoice total still outstanding from buyers when I finally paid SP (I have since collected all the outstanding funds).

All this means that the actual date of payment to SP was November 13. Add six weeks manufacturing lead time to that and you get...December 25. So I'm expecting the caps to arrive here in Cleveland some time right around the new year.

The good news is, I should be settled in to the new house by that time. The bad news is, I may not end up having the help I expected for sorting and packing. We'll see what happens. As we get closer to the six week mark, I'll start bugging SP for a more specific delivery estimate. This will help me make plans for sorting, packing and shipping.

TL;DR - Christmas is cancelled this year.

My boards:
More

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 03 December 2015, 22:22:21 »
Wonderful update.  Thank you.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 05:26:58 »
This guy does updates right.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #434 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 06:03:33 »
The good news is, I should be settled in to the new house by that time. The bad news is, I may not end up having the help I expected for sorting and packing. We'll see what happens. As we get closer to the six week mark, I'll start bugging SP for a more specific delivery estimate. This will help me make plans for sorting, packing and shipping.

I'M SORRY I FAILED YOU. If the caps arrive later in January (read towards the end of January) and you still need help sorting. Or you still need help sorting then, let me know and I'll be happy to come out.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #435 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 07:56:36 »
Don't sweat it, CPT. We'll make it work. I think viva and Hoff may be able to help, depending on timing.

In the meantime, I'm getting the packing supplies figured out. I already bought a big roll of bubble wrap. We're using it to pack our plates for the move, and I've still got a ton of it left for shipping orders.

My boards:
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #436 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 10:26:24 »
Don't sweat it, CPT. We'll make it work. I think viva and Hoff may be able to help, depending on timing.

I'm bummed CPT will likely be unable to help.  :(  But yes, I "should" be able, if it's in 2016.  It would be especially convenient if it lined up with my road trip.  :D

Offline E3E

« Reply #437 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 11:26:46 »
Damn, I wish I wasn't -10339 miles away from Cleveland.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #438 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 11:37:01 »
Damn, I wish I wasn't -10339 miles away from Cleveland.

Actually, only 1052 miles! Closer than I am. :)

in memoriam

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #439 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 12:29:46 »

In the meantime, I'm getting the packing supplies figured out. I already bought a big roll of bubble wrap. We're using it to pack our plates for the move, and I've still got a ton of it left for shipping orders.

I'm currently in a period of vehicular transition, so I am now unsure of my availability in January.  I hope to have that solved by January, but we'll see.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #440 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 19:21:17 »
vehicular transition

That sounds painful, I hope the transition is successful.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #441 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 19:30:01 »
A GB where the let down is coming from the participants and not the leader. Ya did good, njbair!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #442 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 19:44:55 »
I'm grateful for any help I end up with. Worst case scenario I'll have to box up about 130 sets on my own, could be worse.

My boards:
More

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #443 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 21:07:55 »
vehicular transition

That sounds painful, I hope the transition is successful.

Translation:  My car is an 18-year-old piece of **** and it is time for me to sell it on Craigslist for whatever I can get and buy a replacement or something else.  Anyone heard about Blue Indy? Welcome to the era of electric car sharing.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #444 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 21:16:48 »
I'm grateful for any help I end up with. Worst case scenario I'll have to box up about 130 sets on my own, could be worse.

If it wasn't over the holidays I'd try to con Hoff into giving me a ride to Ohio to help you. :(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #445 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 21:25:21 »

If it wasn't over the holidays I'd try to con Hoff into giving me a ride to Ohio to help you. :(

Maybe there will be some delays!

Oh who am I kidding, delays in a group buy?  That'll never happen.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #446 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 21:50:25 »

Maybe there will be some delays!

Oh who am I kidding, delays in a group buy?  That'll never happen.

Lol.   :llama: :llama: :llama:

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #447 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 22:05:22 »

If you were on the West Side (best side) I would help you out, but you're stuck in the East 1999 My Nina's

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #448 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 22:24:13 »

If you were on the West Side (best side) I would help you out, but you're stuck in the East 1999 My Nina's

Show Image

mfw digi thinks Ohio is on the east coast.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #449 on: Fri, 04 December 2015, 22:25:55 »

Show Image

mfw digi thinks Ohio is on the east coast.

He's in Cleveland Ohio, Bone Thugs territory, come on Hoffanato.. don't let me down..