Author Topic: [GB] Alpine Winter (Shipping Replacements)  (Read 2272237 times)

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (In Production)
« Reply #500 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:10:33 »
Winter is finally here!

In my last update I told you I was waiting for a reply from SP to let me know when the caps would ship. I figured, best case scenario, I would get a reply letting me know they just shipped with a tracking number and an estimated arrival date. But instead I got a reply yesterday letting me know they shipped on December 28, with a tracking number saying they'd be arriving today! Sure enough, here they are. Check it out, yo:

There is much work that still needs to be done, mainly sorting the base kits from individual bags. If I had more notice I would have tried to arrange some Geekhacker help for sorting, but I don't want these caps to sit around waiting for plans to be made. So my wife and I have arranged for some babysitting (thank you, Grandma!), and we are going to tear through these suckers and hopefully get them all sorted this weekend. This means I will likely be able to start shipping early next week for CONUS orders, and get specific package weights and postage costs for international orders.

If you guys are interested, I'll try to grab some photos of the setup and sorting process this weekend. Let me know.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline tofgerl

Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (Sorting & packing this weekend!)
« Reply #501 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:13:09 »
Fabutastic! I just got my Alps kits from Blue today, so this is very good news!

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #502 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:13:12 »
WOOOOOOOOOO

GLHF with sorting and sending.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #503 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:15:40 »
Yeeeeeeeee this is going well.  :)

Thanks for the update!

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #504 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:17:15 »
The Year of the Alps is getting off to a grand start!

Offline joey

« Reply #505 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:21:33 »
Nice!

Now I have to get some switches and stabs..

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #506 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:23:14 »
Winter is finally here!

The Year of the Alps is getting off to a grand start!

That blue is looking really close to blues blue plate  :eek:   Can't wait to build my blue HHKB plate up with Alpine Winter  :-*

YEAR OF THE ALPS, BABY!

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #507 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:24:56 »
Good luck sorting everything!

Offline SJHL

« Reply #508 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:29:27 »
Awesome! Thank you for the update. Its already a good year  ;D

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #509 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:32:42 »
Oh yeah!! Can't wait to get these on my infinity!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #510 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 13:52:29 »
Cutty say yeeeeeeeeeee

Offline E3E

« Reply #511 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 14:53:43 »
Siiiick

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #512 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 16:07:43 »
YASS!
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #513 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 00:39:45 »
awesome news! just wished i had picked up some blanks for my monarch!

Offline shoostep

« Reply #514 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 00:46:28 »
These look awesome, as expected!

Offline geniekid

« Reply #515 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 07:04:02 »
Looking good!

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #516 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 07:06:23 »
Oh, my, goodness, YES.

Many thanks for this, njbair.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #517 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 09:50:02 »
Thank you for all you do! And your wife too!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #518 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 10:31:27 »
Oh boy, I wish I had bought the novelties as well!

Thanks for your hard work!

Say thanks to Grandma from all of us too haha!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #519 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 17:12:23 »
Can't wait for a shot of a full set.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #520 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 17:25:25 »
This brings up an interesting dilemma. I had promised myself not to play with my personal sets until I had everyone else's sorted out. But if you guys are antsy for some glamour shots, maybe I can justify some self-indulgence later tonight.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #521 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 17:31:31 »
This brings up an interesting dilemma. I had promised myself not to play with my personal sets until I had everyone else's sorted out. But if you guys are antsy for some glamour shots, maybe I can justify some self-indulgence later tonight.
That's silly talk of course we want glamour shots!

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #522 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 19:13:27 »

+1
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline braidn

« Reply #523 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 19:14:10 »

+1

and another +1

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #524 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 20:46:47 »

+1

and another +1

AND ANOTHER ONE
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 January 2016, 20:48:39 by nathanrosspowell »

Offline SJHL

« Reply #525 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 21:10:25 »
Lets see it! Especially with that beautiful blue plate  :cool:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #526 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 23:28:43 »

+1

and another +1

AND ANOTHER ONE

Lets see it! Especially with that beautiful blue plate  :cool:

It's settled, then! I'll take a break after sorting the base kits to populate my blue Alps Party HHKB, and do my best to get some fancy shots posted by tomorrow evening. Can't wait!!!

My boards:
More

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #527 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 13:33:50 »
Sorting update: We are well underway with the sorting process. As a huge bonus, the base kits arrived pre-sorted. I had figured on receiving separate bags full of Q's, W's, E's, etc., and having to assemble all the base kits manually. It turns out SP already did that part for us, which is a huge time savings.

The bad news is, we've got some mistakes with the spacebar add-on kit orders. Long story short, none of the three add-on spacebar kits are complete. We only have the blue spacebars for the AEKII and Infinity add-on kits, and only the 6.25U for the blue add-on kits. I'll connect with SP via email shortly and get to the bottom of this. Rest assured, the order I placed was correct, and this fact is well-documented. So I expect SP to make good on this error ASAP, just as they did with Badwrench's modifiers.

The good news is, if you did not order any add-on spacebar packs your order will be assembled in full by the end of the day today, which means I can start shipping those orders early this week. If you ordered spacebar add-ons, I can ship your incomplete order as-is if you are willing to pay separate shipping for the add-ons later. It's extra work, but I know you guys are all getting your Alps Party boards in the mail right now and it seems silly to let a board sit there without caps because of some spare spacebars that you probably don't even need right away. If you want me to ship your spacebars later, shoot me a PM and I'll get you sorted out.

Finally, here's a quick video of our sorting setup:

Stay tuned later today for some glamour shots!!!

My boards:
More

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #528 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 14:22:33 »
Sorting update: We are well underway with the sorting process. As a huge bonus, the base kits arrived pre-sorted. I had figured on receiving separate bags full of Q's, W's, E's, etc., and having to assemble all the base kits manually. It turns out SP already did that part for us, which is a huge time savings.

The bad news is, we've got some mistakes with the spacebar add-on kit orders. Long story short, none of the three add-on spacebar kits are complete. We only have the blue spacebars for the AEKII and Infinity add-on kits, and only the 6.25U for the blue add-on kits. I'll connect with SP via email shortly and get to the bottom of this. Rest assured, the order I placed was correct, and this fact is well-documented. So I expect SP to make good on this error ASAP, just as they did with Badwrench's modifiers.

The good news is, if you did not order any add-on spacebar packs your order will be assembled in full by the end of the day today, which means I can start shipping those orders early this week. If you ordered spacebar add-ons, I can ship your incomplete order as-is if you are willing to pay separate shipping for the add-ons later. It's extra work, but I know you guys are all getting your Alps Party boards in the mail right now and it seems silly to let a board sit there without caps because of some spare spacebars that you probably don't even need right away. If you want me to ship your spacebars later, shoot me a PM and I'll get you sorted out.

LET THE FUN BEGIN!  :D

SP are normally very good at fixing their goofs, i just guess it depends on when they can get the order remade. Being international (with a weak-ass currency) I'll probably wait on them to come in  :thumb:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #529 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 16:39:48 »
Time for glamour shots!

My boards:
More

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #530 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 17:42:50 »
Time for glamour shots!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This was going to be my exact setup!

Looks so awesome

Thanks so much for running this Nick!

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #531 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 17:50:52 »
Time for glamour shots!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

:salivating:

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #532 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 18:41:55 »

Time for glamour shots!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That's gorgeous! Why oh why did I not get a HHKB plate?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #533 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 19:04:41 »
Looks great buddy.  Sorry about the error, hopefully it doesn't mess up u thr shipping/sorting too much. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #534 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 19:15:57 »
I got the HHKB plate but I wasn't sure when I could find a specific case for it, but that looks really good.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #535 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 19:20:37 »
I got the HHKB plate but I wasn't sure when I could find a specific case for it, but that looks really good.
I've had this acrylic TEX case for a while, this is the first build I've used it with that I actually like.

My boards:
More

Offline geniekid

« Reply #536 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 19:45:02 »
Time for glamour shots!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looking good...gimme!

Offline Texchappy

Re: [GB] Alpine Winter (Orders sorted, pics posted)
« Reply #537 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 03:53:41 »
Awesome news and they look fantastic.  Great day for me and my boards!  Got a tracking number for my Cherokey today as well!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #538 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 03:55:52 »
Time for glamour shots!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Now I regret not doing the HHKB layout.

And that Alps legend turned out awesome.

Offline braidn

« Reply #539 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 10:33:50 »

If you need to sell some of those blue Infinity spacebars to have some funds to deal with the replacement/issues I am down for a couple.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #540 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 10:39:22 »

If you need to sell some of those blue Infinity spacebars to have some funds to deal with the replacement/issues I am down for a couple.
Thanks for the offer, but again, this is a simple vendor error which I fully expect SP to correct at no charge. Also, I don't have any extras, just incomplete sets.

My boards:
More

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #541 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 14:17:32 »
Time for glamour shots!

Awesome! Thanks for putting the shots up, I will end up with exactly the same build, just a silver TEX case  :thumb:

Offline E3E

« Reply #542 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 16:26:37 »
Time for glamour shots!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh my goodness, the colors came out so  well on this set! I'm so happy to have contributed to what became the final color scheme of this sick wintery set. It really looks fantastic, and I can't wait to have them! Thanks again for all your hard work here, nj, and for running this GB in the first place!

Offline SJHL

« Reply #543 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 18:00:50 »
Wow, the set looks great with the blue plate. Can't wait to get mine!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #544 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 18:41:22 »
I'm surprised by how many people it seems went for the HHKB layout

Glad I did :)

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #545 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 20:24:59 »

I almost didn't get this layout. The idea of sacrificing 3 modifier keys on an already compact board always seemed silly to me. I had ordered a Dell ANSI kit (as a showpiece for standard keycap sets) and an Infinity kit (all the benefits of the HHKB layout without the missing keys), and I was fine with that. But the more I thought about it, I decided I really do like the look of the HHKB bottom row. It just has character.

I added a 3rd kit in the HHKB layout at the last minute, and since the plate would be more exposed in this one I got the powdercoat option as well. By the time the kits finally arrived, the HHKB was the one I was most excited about.

I already have a hasu Alps 60% from round 2 with one of nubbinator's AEKII plates and stock Apple keycaps. I also have two Infinities, one of them Alps. So I really didn't need another Alps 60%, but the HHKB called out to me.

My boards:
More

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #546 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 20:43:52 »

HHKB layout/mapping is just perfect for me. I got it set up on KUL (via the dipswitches) and I've programmed it on my new Compact SQ (with split backspace) :D

When my CF-LX comes in I'll have the HHKB format in Topre, Alps and Cheery  :thumb:

Offline skaloola

« Reply #547 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 06:29:23 »
wow, the powder coating is key on that HHKB plate

Offline E3E

« Reply #548 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 06:01:23 »

I almost didn't get this layout. The idea of sacrificing 3 modifier keys on an already compact board always seemed silly to me. I had ordered a Dell ANSI kit (as a showpiece for standard keycap sets) and an Infinity kit (all the benefits of the HHKB layout without the missing keys), and I was fine with that. But the more I thought about it, I decided I really do like the look of the HHKB bottom row. It just has character.

I added a 3rd kit in the HHKB layout at the last minute, and since the plate would be more exposed in this one I got the powdercoat option as well. By the time the kits finally arrived, the HHKB was the one I was most excited about.

I already have a hasu Alps 60% from round 2 with one of nubbinator's AEKII plates and stock Apple keycaps. I also have two Infinities, one of them Alps. So I really didn't need another Alps 60%, but the HHKB called out to me.

The HHKB layout is certainly a charming layout, if a little limited because of the modifiers on the bottom row being truncated, but it's not all that bad, really. I definitely like the pseudo HHKB layout I have on my Eagle, but then it has those extra mod keys. :P

I definitely think the HHKB layout is an incredibly aesthetically pleasing layout because of its symmetry, much like the WKL layout on vintage boards or TKL customs.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #549 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 09:01:50 »
Any news on when shipping will occur?