Author Topic: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 / GB CONCLUDED  (Read 371546 times)

Offline Vireca

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (ALL PARTS ARRIVED!)
« Reply #1100 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 11:57:20 »
Anyone its going to order a custom plate? I thinking about a PC plate but I don't know where can I order this. Any idea?

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

« Reply #1101 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 12:08:32 »
UPDATE: WE HAVE ENTERED THE SHIPPING PHASE

Over the last weeks I've done nothing but getting addresses right, uploaded some via csv and enter most manually for deutsche post and dhl shipping. Filling out all the info for customs wasn't done quickly either. After printing, I had to cut all the labels and then tried my best to make sure to attach them all to the right package. I'm pretty sure it's all correct.

Today I brought more than half of the packages to the post office. I think I can do the rest tomorrow.

Maybe still today but probably more tomorrow, I'll enter the tracking numbers into the spreadsheet and send out an automated email again, so everyone of you gets his tracking number.

Offline eas

Re: [GB] SKB75, SKB65 & SKB60 (SHIPPING, YES, REALLY!!!)
« Reply #1103 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 12:13:42 »
Thank you Mr Plastic

Offline Shihatsu

« Reply #1104 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 13:04:47 »
Color me excited!

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #1105 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 16:18:18 »

Maybe still today but probably more tomorrow, I'll enter the tracking numbers into the spreadsheet and send out an automated email again, so everyone of you gets his tracking number.

Danke Schön, Herr Plastik!

Offline Franzl

« Reply #1106 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 16:25:07 »
Thank you very much! Christmas is very early this year

How was the reaction of the postofficer?

Offline Data

« Reply #1107 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 19:00:26 »

Offline C7Kinetic

• /u/ADJ_Reflex
« Reply #1108 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 21:54:30 »
Hype!  :p

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #1109 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 22:17:49 »

Thank you, PlastikSchnittstelle!

Aside, where can I get SKB60 plate files?

Would love them for SKB60-WKL and SKB60-HHKB -- might consider having some made in alternate materials.

Offline Vireca

« Reply #1110 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 02:57:15 »

Would love them for SKB60-WKL and SKB60-HHKB -- might consider having some made in alternate materials.

Contact him via email. He can make you some plates

Offline Vireca

« Reply #1111 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 09:23:43 »
Anyone know where can I order a custom plate for this keyboard? I'm trying to find something cheap or who is able to make a PC, FR4 or CF plates. If I can I want to avoid laserboost, so expensive

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #1112 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 10:32:15 »

I emailed asking for an extra 65 plate and he said he would give me the files later.

« Reply #1113 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 10:42:57 »
I emailed asking for an extra 65 plate and he said he would give me the files later.

please email me again.

Offline sapphyr

« Reply #1114 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 10:45:06 »

please email me again.

Emailed again!

Offline ampt

« Reply #1115 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 12:34:46 »

Over the last weeks I've done nothing but getting addresses right, uploaded some via csv and enter most manually for deutsche post and dhl shipping. Filling out all the info for customs wasn't done quickly either. After printing, I had to cut all the labels and then tried my best to make sure to attach them all to the right package. I'm pretty sure it's all correct.

Today I brought more than half of the packages to the post office. I think I can do the rest tomorrow.

Hello, yes, I'd like 1 ticket to the HYPE TRAIN  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for all your hard work making this happen over the past months, it's been quite the ride and I appreciate you being our faithful conductor/designer/postmaster general. Hopefully you take a long, well deserved break after this is all done.

« Reply #1116 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 12:54:24 »

please contact me via email, just reply to one of the automated mails you get from me.

« Reply #1117 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 13:06:37 »
UPDATE: emails with tracking number sent out

Emails containing the tracking number just went out to most of you, some will follow. Please check your inbox and spam.
Regarding the link I provided for tracking, be patient if you have a number starting with "L". The search takes quite a while, but after some time it should present you a result. I forgot to mention this in the email.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #1118 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 13:17:44 »
I got my tracking number!!! It's coming  :eek: :-*

Offline typischt

« Reply #1119 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 13:40:16 »
Received mine as well! Hype is building up!

Offline Shihatsu

« Reply #1120 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 14:01:11 »
Voraussichtliche Zustellung
Fr, 09.08.201912:30 - 15:30 Uhr

Man, I truly love you! No homo for sure! well, maybe a bit, but not much!

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #1121 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 14:01:50 »
I'm lucky #13 :D Got my tracking email today, looks like package shipped on my birthday. HYPE
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline macken

« Reply #1122 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 14:04:35 »
Got my tracking number. Can't wait to build this bad boy!

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #1123 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 15:52:44 »
Tracking number received. I presume the package will arrive in Finland within 24 hours, and then take 2 weeks to travel inside a single warehouse in Finland, as always. :D
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #1124 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 17:47:11 »
Tracking number GET!

Thank you Mr. Plastik for all your hard work.

Offline catamscott

« Reply #1125 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 21:14:16 »
wow, after all this time it's finally coming! super excited, although this means i've gotta get serious about modding the switches i'll be using  :confused:

Offline ZG2047

« Reply #1126 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 01:24:09 »
We're all the orders shipped or just the first batch ?

Offline Createx

« Reply #1127 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 02:38:20 »

:eek:

Offline Draic

« Reply #1128 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 03:02:30 »
received mine. I am a bit disappointed in the smoothness of the surface. It looks fine, but feels much too rough/raw.

« Reply #1129 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:39:20 »

almost 200 packages heve been sent out over the last two days. they all have been sent the email with the tracking number. just about ten are left to be shipped now.

« Reply #1130 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:42:01 »
received mine. I am a bit disappointed in the smoothness of the surface. It looks fine, but feels much too rough/raw.

I did adress this with the manufacturer, he convinced me that this is the expected result. sheetmetal comes in different kind of alloys compared to aluminium blocks for milling. I guess that might be why it feels different.

« Reply #1131 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:42:47 »
OK, the first SKBs have already arrived.
Wanted to post instructions regarding the different screw options since quite some time. Wanted to do something fancy with illustrations but never found the time. Now, just text:

You'll find a zip bag in your box. This zip bag contains four smaller zip bags. There are two bags with standoffs, don't mix them! One has 6mm standoffs and 12mm long screws, the other one has 7mm standoffs and 14mm screws. So obviously you'll have to choose how deep you want the plate to be recessed in the case. 6mm standoffs is already deeper than with most other cases, so I assume most of you should be fine with this option. There are also 0,5mm spacers in the bag with the 6mm standoffs so you could make it 6,5mm. Theoretically you could also use these spacers together with the 7mm standoffs in the other bag to get a depth of 7,5mm. The overall recess would then amount to 9,5mm - R3 GMK caps would be completely submerge in the case when pressed down. 12mm screws for 6mm standoffs and 14mm screws for 7mm standoffs, don't mix! Otherwise the screw at the USB position would interfere with the plug. Then there is ab bag with rubber feet, this one also contains 8mm screws, use them to screw together the case top and bottom at the side holes - be warned, this is quite tricky, you don't have that much room for your fingers to hold the nut in place, small pliers will really help you with this build, don't start without a good selection of tools. The fourth bag just contains thick 1mm spacers. You only might need them if you have an SKB60 variant. There is often a bit more space between the flanges of the top and bottom piece and these spacers can cover this. Other versions should go better with the thinner spacers which are included in the bag that also hast the 8mm screws and rubber feet, some SKB75s might not need spacers at all.

Offline Draic

« Reply #1132 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:48:03 »

I did adress this with the manufacturer, he convinced me that this is the expected result. sheetmetal comes in different kind of alloys compared to aluminium blocks for milling. I guess that might be why it feels different.

if that is the case we now found out that sheetmetal is not suited to be used for keyboards imo. But I doubt there is no other way. Something like a lian li computer case is build from sheets and is super smooth.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:56:21 by Draic »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #1133 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:51:00 »
OK, the first SKBs have already arrived.
Wanted to post instructions regarding the different screw options since quite some time. Wanted to do something fancy with illustrations but never found the time. Now, just text:

You'll find a zip bag in your box. This zip bag contains four smaller zip bags. There are two bags with standoffs, don't mix them!
  • One has 6mm standoffs and 12mm long screws,
  • the other one has 7mm standoffs and 14mm screws.

So obviously you'll have to choose how deep you want the plate to be recessed in the case. 6mm standoffs is already deeper than with most other cases, so I assume most of you should be fine with this option.
  • There are also 0,5mm spacers in the bag with the 6mm standoffs so you could make it 6,5mm.

Theoretically you could also use these spacers together with the 7mm standoffs in the other bag to get a depth of 7,5mm. The overall recess would then amount to 9,5mm - R3 GMK caps would be completely submerge in the case when pressed down.
  • 12mm screws for 6mm standoffs and 14mm screws for 7mm standoffs,
    don't mix! Otherwise the screw at the USB position would interfere with the plug.

• Then there is ab bag with rubber feet, this one also contains 8mm screws, use them to screw together the case top and bottom at the side holes - be warned, this is quite tricky, you don't have that much room for your fingers to hold the nut in place, small pliers will really help you with this build, don't start without a good selection of tools.

The fourth bag just contains thick 1mm spacers. You only might need them if you have an SKB60 variant. There is often a bit more space between the flanges of the top and bottom piece and these spacers can cover this. Other versions should go better with the thinner spacers which are included in the bag that also hast the 8mm screws and rubber feet, some SKB75s might not need spacers at all.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:53:09 by Poesjuh »

« Reply #1134 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:53:33 »

if that is the case we now found out that sheetmetal is not suited to be used for keyboards imo

not suited?! well I'm very happy with it and I think it suits my desk very well.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:01:03 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #1135 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:54:04 »
I've copied your post Plastik and made it a bit easier to read, mostly for myself but figured it might help others as well :P

« Reply #1136 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 04:55:18 »
I've copied your post Plastik and made it a bit easier to read, mostly for myself but figured it might help others as well :P

ah, yes, that's better  ;D

Offline Draic

« Reply #1137 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:00:28 »

if that is the case we now found out that sheetmetal is not suited to be used for keyboards imo. But I doubt there is no other way. Something like a lian li computer case is build from sheets and is super smooth.

not suited?! well I'm very happy with it and I think it suits my desk very well.

no offense to you, but to me it feels like scratching a chalkboard. I expected it to have a slightly rougher texture based on the prototype pictures, but this is way too much for my taste. As I said: no offense; just my honest feedback. I understand the risks of a groupbuy, just wanted to voice my disappointment.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:03:41 by Draic »

« Reply #1138 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:02:11 »

no offense to you, but to me it feels like a chalkboard. I expected it too have a slightly rougher texture based on the prototype pictures, but this is way too much to my taste. As I said: no offense; just my honest feedback. I understand the risks of a groupbuy, just wanted to voice my disappointment.

your're right, it's nececcary to address this if you think the result should be different.
but tbo, it bothers me a bit now, when I'm back from holiday, I'll address this with the manufacturer.
I just don't have any reference in sheetmetal that has a different feel or is more like how you describe. though I think one of the first prototypes, which were done in thicker sheet metal leaned a bit more towards smoother finish.
apart from that, make the build, I hope you'll be happy then!
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:08:09 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline Draic

« Reply #1139 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:12:15 »

no offense to you, but to me it feels like a chalkboard. I expected it too have a slightly rougher texture based on the prototype pictures, but this is way too much to my taste. As I said: no offense; just my honest feedback. I understand the risks of a groupbuy, just wanted to voice my disappointment.

your're right, it's nececcary to address this if you think the result should be different.
but tbo, it bothers me a bit now, when I'm back from holiday, I'll address this with the manufacturer.
I just don't have any reference in sheetmetal that has a different feel or is more like how you describe. though I think one of the first prototypes, which were done in thicker sheet metal leaned a bit more towards smoother finish.
apart from that, make the build, I hope you'll be happy then!

I already mentioned in an edit of my earlier post, but aren't Lian Li cases also sheetmetal? They are super smooth. I do not expect this level of smoothness, but to me it proves that there is a way to source better suited aluminium sheets or process them better.

« Reply #1140 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:23:18 »
I already mentioned in an edit of my earlier post, but aren't Lian Li cases also sheetmetal? They are super smooth. I do not expect this level of smoothness, but to me it proves that there is a way to source better suited aluminium sheets or process them better.

yes, I owned one of those once. but they are not bead blasted. I don't know what's the correct vocabulary for it. I think "polished" is wrong, but you can see that the surface there has like a "direction", it's a different kind of surface treatment before the andoizing. that's also cheaper compared to bead blasting. such a case bead blasted would cost quite a lot more, despite mass production.

here you can see what I mean with "direction":
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:27:59 by PlastikSchnittstelle »

Offline Draic

« Reply #1141 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:33:10 »

yes, I owned one of those once. but they are not bead blasted. I don't know what's the correct vocabulary for it. I think "polished" is wrong, but you can see that the surface there has like a "direction", it's a different kind of surface treatment before the andoizing. that's also cheaper compared to bead blasting. such a case bead blasted would cost quite a lot more, despite mass production.

Hmm so a different surface treatment could have been used to get a smoother result? Then I do not see why there is no way to adjust something with the beadblasting process to also get a smoother surface.

« Reply #1142 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:42:45 »

Hmm so a different surface treatment could have been used to get a smoother result? Then I do not see why there is no way to adjust something with the beadblasting process to also get a smoother surface.

I can only speak based on the experience I got with the SKB prototypes. Tomorrow I'll be gone to portugal for the rest of august. After that I'll apprach the manufacturer again, by then I'll probably have some more feedback from all of you.
My general perception of the surface is that I like it, might be different but I am very happy about the "feeling".

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #1143 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:50:32 »
Have all the orders been shipped? Cuz I haven't received an email and I'm not sure if I should be worried.

« Reply #1144 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:53:31 »
Have all the orders been shipped? Cuz I haven't received an email and I'm not sure if I should be worried.

almost 200 packages heve been sent out over the last two days. they all have been sent the email with the tracking number. just about ten are left to be shipped now.

Later today, I'll check if you are one of the few (~10) that I haven't finished jet.

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #1145 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:54:23 »

Later today, I'll check if you are one of the few (~10) that I haven't finished jet.

Thanks!  :D

Offline FSund

« Reply #1146 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:55:28 »
[...]

Other versions should go better with the thinner spacers which are included in the bag that also hast the 8mm screws and rubber feet, some SKB75s might not need spacers at all.

The German is shining through here I think :D

Can't wait to receive my package!
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

« Reply #1147 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 05:59:13 »
[...]

Other versions should go better with the thinner spacers which are included in the bag that also hast the 8mm screws and rubber feet, some SKB75s might not need spacers at all.

The German is shining through here I think :D

Can't wait to receive my package!

;D

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #1148 on: Fri, 09 August 2019, 06:12:36 »

Brushed is the word you're looking for ;)