Author Topic: [GB] LZ-RV Aluminium custom keyboard kit - SHIPPING  (Read 81327 times)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Re: [GB] LZ-RV Aluminium custom keyboard kit (reversed fullsize layout)
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 20:40:34 »
Hi, Thanks for posting this! I am definitely interested and wouldn't have found out about it otherwise. I used the translator and I think I understand everything, but I want to see if anyone could clarify a couple things. Is the window to sign up open for the the next week? And invoicing will happen during this window as well? Thanks  again!

The date/timeline listed is for the time that the order forms will be open. Invoices will be sent out after the ordering period, and you will have a bit of time to pay that.

Just make sure you place an order through the order page first to secure your order. :)

Also, check my post above you, hopefully the English order page is more comprehensive than the Google translated version.

Nice to see another Korean inspired fantasy being available for sale here on Geekhack, yet again what are the guarantees that anyone's money spent here will get you an actual product this time?

Please say if DrugER is involved behind the scenes here because that evil clown shall always hover around any Korean Made keyboard like he did with LZ in the past and you all know what happened then  >:D .

Before I say anything else, I want to mention that I understand where you are coming from, and that I have also been burned by Kin25, but this is not one of those GBs.

I have gotten keyboards from LZ in the past few months, as well as many other people. LZ and Leeku are both outstanding members of the keyboard community, and have constantly provided us with nothing but their best contribution over the years.

Just wanted to clear things up as someone who understands where you're coming from. LZ is 100% reputable and trustworthy.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 January 2016, 20:50:49 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 20:41:35 »
So I think I might order one of these... go for the pre-soldering (diodes + resistors).

Few questions:
- What are the MX Switch Firm? assuming these are not switches at $5 for 110.
- if you order the assembly service, I am assuming that you have to also order the diodes and resisters or are those included in the price?

more questions to come :)

Thanks in advance

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 20:44:25 »
So I think I might order one of these... go for the pre-soldering (diodes + resistors).

Few questions:
- if you order the assembly service, I am assuming that you have to also order the diodes and resisters or are those included in the price?

Thanks in advance

Please read my wall-of-text from earlier, it goes into detail on the different components of the keyboard.

You will have to order all the parts that you want to have soldered, and also have to explicitly state exactly what you would like for assembly. Once again, please refer to my wall-of-text earlier for more information. :) It's all there.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 20:45:23 »

Hi, Thanks for posting this! I am definitely interested and wouldn't have found out about it otherwise. I used the translator and I think I understand everything, but I want to see if anyone could clarify a couple things. Is the window to sign up open for the the next week? And invoicing will happen during this window as well? Thanks  again!

The date/timeline listed is for the time that the order forms will be open. Invoices will be sent out after the ordering period, and you will have a bit of time to pay that.

Just make sure you place an order through the order page first to secure your order. :)

Also, check my post above you, hopefully the English order page is more comprehensive than the Google translated version.

Nice to see another Korean inspired fantasy being available for sale here on Geekhack, yet again what are the guarantees that anyone's money spent here will get you an actual product this time?

Please say if DrugER is involved behind the scenes here because that evil clown shall always hover around any Korean Made keyboard like he did with LZ in the past and you all know what happened then  >:D .

Lz is completely trustworthy. There have been more USA buys to go south then Korean buys still.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 20:46:25 »
Oh you guys, I obviously meant using the right arrow keys to navigate a spreadsheet, inputting numbers with the left hand, and nonchalantly pressing down that conveniently placed Enter to save it. :thumb:

oh, I thought you meant penis
Hi :)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 20:47:53 »

Few questions:

Thanks in advance

Please read my wall-of-text from earlier, it goes into detail on the different components of the keyboard.

You will have to order all the parts that you want to have soldered, and also have to explicitly state exactly what you would like for assembly. Once again, please refer to my wall-of-text earlier for more information. :) It's all there.

off to the wall of text, sorry for being lazy, lol ...  :-[

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 21:33:14 »
Great looking board. I'd love to get one in gray top & black bottom. But too expensive for me. Thanks for posting!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 21:59:33 »
Cool beans. Excited to see what comes of this, that blue looks crazy
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 22:24:49 »

The guarantee here is that LZ has already put group buys here which were successful. (e.g. LZ CP)
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 22:39:15 »
Wine red pls

(I know no one else wants it, it's ok)

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 23:29:55 »
I absolutely do not need another keyboard. But this is a unique layout, and I'm such a sucker for unique layouts.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 06:17:23 »
~~~ENGLISH ORDER FORM + PRICES ADDED~~~

https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 07:13:30 »
I am so sad I am gonna have to pass on that one. So much money spent this month on keyboards already...

I filled in the form twice and stopped myself twice from pressing submit  :confused:

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:03:18 »
Wine red pls

(I know no one else wants it, it's ok)

Red is sort of hard to photograph but in person the red anodized boards I've seen have looked superb.  People are missing out by not picking up red. 

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:17:32 »
Red isn't an option here otherwise I'd be selecting it, either for both parts, or in combination with gunmetal grey. It'd have to be a darker, deep red though, not the "pinkish" hue that Lian Li calls their anodized red, for example.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline limitz

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:50:54 »
I am so sad I am gonna have to pass on that one. So much money spent this month on keyboards already...

I filled in the form twice and stopped myself twice from pressing submit  :confused:

What else did you pick up?
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 18:00:18 »
~~~ENGLISH ORDER FORM + PRICES ADDED~~~

Show Image

Might hop in.. Decisions.

Closes a day before I get paid RIP
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 January 2016, 18:18:40 by xondat »

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 19:41:00 »
I have 3 KB from LZ in the last 2 months up here in Canada. Him and Leeku partnering was the best thing to happen to keyboards.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 23:31:39 »
so what's the timeline on this?

Offline MrChunky

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 02:47:15 »

What else did you pick up?

Well Octagon v2 is in the pipeline, as well as enjoyPBT sets, some HPK single caps (a lot of those). White fox on massdrop...  oh and that double legend granite set on Massdrop (for60% or less layout), that one's dope!

Don't get me wrong, I am still thinking about LZ :p

Are you in?

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 23 January 2016, 03:05:16 »
I'm not sure I would be able to get used to having the numpad on the left side. Functionality-wise I think it's great, but maybe it's just not for me. Great looking board either way!
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline Soulpyre

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 07:57:22 »
I'm not sure I would be able to get used to having the numpad on the left side. Functionality-wise I think it's great, but maybe it's just not for me. Great looking board either way!

I'm in the same boat, I love the look of this board but not sure I'd like the reverse layout. If there was another GB down the road for a standard layout 104/8 I'd be all over it! Regardless, GL with the GB Photekq!
TX 1800 - 62g Clears
KMAC LE - GON's Nerd PCB 62g Clears
KPAD - 62g Clears
KBT Race - Browns, Ducky Shine 4 - Browns

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 10:44:32 »
One thing I don't understand on the order form.  It allows me to order up to 3 plates of each type in the base order form, but it still asks me in the extras form if I want extra plates?  Is it merely allowing me to order 6 plates of each or is there something I'm not understanding?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 14:37:29 »
One thing I don't understand on the order form.  It allows me to order up to 3 plates of each type in the base order form, but it still asks me in the extras form if I want extra plates?  Is it merely allowing me to order 6 plates of each or is there something I'm not understanding?

Yes

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 20:40:56 »
This is exactly what I've been looking for! Very cool board. Ordered :)

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 11:24:38 »

DrugER has been missing for over a year, almost two. LZ-CP was just successful on geekhack. Stop spreading dissent; we already punished an innocent man for over a year.

Offline limitz

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 12:52:31 »
Placed an order several days ago, but haven't received invoice. Just a gentle reminder.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 14:39:05 »
Placed an order several days ago, but haven't received invoice. Just a gentle reminder.

Invoices don't get sent out until the ordering period is over, so have no worries. As long as you place an order well before the order deadline, you will be good. ;)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 15:43:06 »
wait so the whole complete kit is for $350? :o

Damn that's impressive given the last time I saw an LZ keyboard group buy was the FE and it was like $600 or something at the time  o.O
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 17:37:26 »

Damn that's impressive given the last time I saw an LZ keyboard group buy was the FE and it was like $600 or something at the time  o.O

Pricings usually tame, based on complexity of the board.

LZ-CP has been run since and a few small buys...

LZ probably would not have even opened this buy back on GH if we did not push him to, but he's definitely my favorite keyboard designer after talking to him.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 17:41:19 »

Don't forget to count in for shipping and fees, it'll most likely be over $400 but still a rather good price.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline ebacho

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 25 January 2016, 23:47:36 »

Shipping for the LZ-FE ended up being something like $70 too so I ended up in the hole almost $700 before switches and stuff.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 02:28:17 »

Shipping for the LZ-FE ended up being something like $70 too so I ended up in the hole almost $700 before switches and stuff.

yeah that's what I remmeber too

I didn't keep up much with the market for quite a while, how's the price of TKL/full size board from other vendors? Like Duck, OTD,...?
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 07:12:57 »
LZ is still around?
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 07:17:27 »
LZ is still around?

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere but him and 2 others were banned from GH.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 07:19:11 »
LZ is still around?

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere but him and 2 others were banned from GH.
Not banned.. Just vendor forum removed and not able to post GBs here. He's been running plenty of groups buys since then, just not here.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 07:30:31 »
LZ is still around?

Not banned.. Just vendor forum removed and not able to post GBs here. He's been running plenty of groups buys since then, just not here.

Didn't know how to phrase it, my bad.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 07:33:19 »
LZ is still around?

Yep.  And boost was actually around when that happened so he knows.  ;)

Offline killerbolt

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 11:31:32 »
Is this GB still open? The English form is closed but the Korean form is still open.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 11:42:36 »
GB is still open!

Let me see if the English forms were closed by accident and let you know.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 12:04:07 »
LZ is still around?

Woah thats a name I havent seen in a while
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline ebacho

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 13:25:17 »

I didn't keep up much with the market for quite a while, how's the price of TKL/full size board from other vendors? Like Duck, OTD,...?

I think prices have come down overall.  Market has a lot of fancy customs now, I've sold a number of custom boards (Eagle, Cheat) for little less than $400 which seems to be the average.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 13:29:27 »

I think prices have come down overall.  Market has a lot of fancy customs now, I've sold a number of custom boards (Eagle, Cheat) for little less than $400 which seems to be the average.

yeah, it's cool to see the cost to the custom game go down :D
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 19:03:47 »
Is this GB still open? The English form is closed but the Korean form is still open.

Update: GB IS NOW OPEN FOR 12 more hours, last chance to order.

Hello,

I have just spoken with LZ, and he will extend the English GB form for ~12 more hours!

Supposedly the deadline to order is 01/27 in Korea time which is ahead of North America, but no problem, hopefully this will allow people who wanted to place a last minute order to do so now.

Hopefully this helps, and place an order while you can! Cheers ;)

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
Re: [GB] LZ-RV Aluminium custom keyboard kit - LAST 12 HOURS
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 20:25:49 »
Thank you! kevin~ :D
LZ Limited

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 20:31:06 »
When can we expect invoices? I'm currently waiting on a refund from somewhere, and would prefer to use that money directly, instead of using other funds. I'm expecting that refund sometime within the next week or so, so hopefully I can wait until then :)

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 21:04:57 »
When can we expect invoices? I'm currently waiting on a refund from somewhere, and would prefer to use that money directly, instead of using other funds. I'm expecting that refund sometime within the next week or so, so hopefully I can wait until then :)

i'll invioce this weekend~~
LZ Limited

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 21:05:06 »
Thank you! kevin~ :D

No problem LZ, happy to help! :)

Order invoices are sent after the order period (starting about 12 hours from now and onwards). I'm sure you'll have a bit of time to pay, should probably be alright.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 21:06:26 »
So many board opportunities have just come up for me. I really want this board so bad but not sure if I can afford it when I'm about to spend more money as is... :(
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline KaminKevCrew

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 21:08:43 »
So many board opportunities have just come up for me. I really want this board so bad but not sure if I can afford it when I'm about to spend more money as is... :(
I've literally been wanting a board like this since I started getting into computers. I'm one of the left handed heathen, but I mouse with my right hand, so having a TKL (functionally) to bring my mouse closer to center, but the numpad will be awesome! Plus, that way I won't have to keep the Filco numpad around. It just feels so cheap compared to a proper aluminum board!