Author Topic: [SOLD] Pristine IBM Model F-122 (too pricey, but pretty)  (Read 5254 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
[SOLD] Pristine IBM Model F-122 (too pricey, but pretty)
« on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 02:43:12 »
IBM Vintage 1985 Mechanical Clicky 122-Key Model F Terminal Keyboard 6110347

At a BIN of $499.99, few of us would consider actually buying this. (Indeed, the price might qualify it for the "Not-So-Great Finds" section.) But it sure is pretty, isn't it? I just wanted you to get a look at it. – A.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 October 2018, 02:54:33 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Pristine IBM Model F-122 (too pricey to buy, but mighty pretty!)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 07:32:10 »
That price seems high to some of us, but not really outlandish considering what ancient IBM iron has been fetching lately.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Pristine IBM Model F-122 (too pricey to buy, but mighty pretty!)
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 01:26:41 »
Gosh, Fo, you may be right... Okay, I'll take a six-pack of 'em!
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: [SOLD] Pristine IBM Model F-122 (too pricey, but pretty)
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 October 2018, 02:55:18 »
Someone bought it!

It must be nice to be able to snap up an unused F-122 to put your greedy little fingers all over.  :?D

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: [SOLD] Pristine IBM Model F-122 (too pricey, but pretty)
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 17:12:29 »
Beautiful!  Great to look at for sure. :)