Author Topic: White Case Quickfire TK Availability?  (Read 25938 times)

Offline furosuto81

• Facebook
White Case Quickfire TK Availability?
« on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 02:30:01 »
So I finally stumbled upon the white body Quickfire TKs, and I'm love. The hybrid keypad/arrowpad layout, the white case, the white backplate, the white LEDs, everything. But it looks like the only version in stock anywhere anymore is the brown switch version, and I don't like browns. Are the red switch (what I want) or the blue switch gone for good? Was this a special edition, never to be seen again?  :'(

I was thinking of getting a regular TK red and painting the case myself, but it looks like that comes with red LEDs, so that's a no go. And the white LED/backplate model has browns.

Update: One other thing. Are there any other boards with this kind of layout (combined tenkey/arrows)? Is there even a name for it?
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 February 2014, 13:50:33 by furosuto81 »
Keyboards: Matias Quiet Pro Matias Quiet Click  |  Apple Extended Keyboard II Dampened White ALPS  |  KBParadise V80 Olivette Matias Quiet Click  |  CMStorm QuickFire TK B&W Special Edition White LED Cherry MX Red  |  Ducky DK9087S Shine 2 TKL White LED Cherry MX Red

Offline Merloobi

Re: White Case Quickfire TK Availability?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 13:27:46 »
If you're still looking for this board, I may have a solution for you.

I was looking for this particular keyboard about 6 months back and had absolutely no luck. However, I was visiting China at the time and noticed they had stock there.

If you really want one with red switches, you can find a Chinese Taobao proxy (qtan or zchuer) and have them ship this to you:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.72.8Czm0b&id=21404871388

Best of luck!

Offline furosuto81

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 00:20:27 »
That's a GREAT idea Merloobi! I've sent him an email to see what he can do.
Keyboards: Matias Quiet Pro Matias Quiet Click  |  Apple Extended Keyboard II Dampened White ALPS  |  KBParadise V80 Olivette Matias Quiet Click  |  CMStorm QuickFire TK B&W Special Edition White LED Cherry MX Red  |  Ducky DK9087S Shine 2 TKL White LED Cherry MX Red

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 14 March 2014, 09:15:51 »
No problem glad I could help!  ;D