Author Topic: What mice do you use?  (Read 397134 times)

Offline KosherPieFiasco

What mice do you use?
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 04 March 2011, 00:53:54 »
I've got a Razer DeathAdder. Great mouse for a good price, nice simple design, and the LEDs are pretty! I don't think there is anything I would change about the design.
Waiting for a Tenkeyless Leopold with MX Browns!

Offline .XL

• http://www.paokfc.gr/
What mice do you use?
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 05 March 2011, 15:48:57 »
My brought bought the Rat7 last week and I've had the chance to use it. There's a ton of options to personalize the comfort of the mouse however you like it best, which I love, and after playing with it for an hour and a half today I think it's one of the most comfortable mice I've ever used, if not THE most comfortable.

I stuck with the settings he used, and at first it was a little awkward because the back was so high. But once I adjusted my arm to lay on the desk, the mouse was very, very comfortable. It's high and holds my palm very well, the thumb grip is great, the mouse feels very, very solid, and it tracks fantastic.

I definitely want this mouse. If I can't find my Mamba proof of purchase to get my mouse RMA'd, I'll be getting this for sure. Can't say I've ever used a better mouse. My only issue is the price...$99 is quite steep when you first look at it. But the mouse is so well built I find i'd be willing to pay that price if I couldn't find it much cheaper (I believe Amazon has it for $91).

All in all a great mouse. If I'm going to go with my previous rating system, my rankings would be as such for the mice I've used so far:

Razer Mamba:...........8/10
Mionix Naos:.............8.5/10
Razer Lachesis:.........5/10
Logitech G5:.............7.5/10
Razer Imperator:.......8/10
Intellimouse 3.0:........6/10
RAT7:.......................9/10

If you're looking for a mouse that's very comfortable yet well built and high quality, I'd suggest the RAT. I haven't used the RAT5 but I'm assuming it's the same caliber as the 7, just cheaper. Fantastic mouse!
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch-2 87key Browns - Realforce 103UB 55g - Compaq MX11800 (ghetto clears + doubleshots)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
What mice do you use?
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 05 March 2011, 16:08:47 »
I only have 2 right now and they're:

• Razer DeathAdder Black Edition
  • R.A.T. 7
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Konrad

What mice do you use?
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 05 March 2011, 16:11:06 »
They still make RAT7?  I thought the current model was Cyborg RAT9.

I was impressed by the RAT7 as well, though I chose the Gigabyte GM8000X instead - it has superior specs and although not adjustable it just happens to fit my hand/preferences perfectly.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
What mice do you use?
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 05 March 2011, 16:17:19 »
Quote from: Konrad;305770
They still make RAT7?  I thought the current model was Cyborg RAT9.

Yup, it's still alive and well.  My other mouse, the DeathAdder Black Edition doesn't fare too well, though.  The coating on the side is already wearing off..

Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline CreamyNutButter

• Trackball Gamer
What mice do you use?
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 06 March 2011, 02:40:38 »
I have a Logitech Trackman Marble and another old trackball.  I also have a TrackPoint on the old ThinkPad I never use.
Trackballs: Kensington Orbit with Scroll Ring and Logitech Marble
Keyboards: Who cares?

Offline Human

What mice do you use?
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 06 March 2011, 04:07:06 »
Quote from: EdwardTeach;303760
I have a sidewinder x8. I was disappointed to read today that Microsoft are cancelling the sidewinder range, as I really like it.

I don't think there is an equivalent wireless mouse with similar features at the same price point. The only similar specced mouse I can think of is the razor mamba, but that is about twice the price.

G700 should have no problem to be the successor of Sidewinder X8. The price is even cheaper too.

Offline Dr.Pepper

What mice do you use?
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 06 March 2011, 14:19:52 »
I'm using my Logitech G500, replacing my older G5... I still have the G5, and it's shape is a lot better than the G500, but I couldn't deal with the jumpy sensor, if only there was a way to transplant the G500 sensor into the G5. I've had the G5 ever since the one with the cracked blue texture came out... Logitech, G5, all of that is gone off of the mouse, and the scroll wheel is even shiny!

Now as for the build quality, the G500 seams a lot lighter. But I love the weights, still doesn't seam as heavy though. Having tried the G9x, I can tell you that it's not as good as either of those, it's way to light on both clicks, and as I do have heavy hands, It really sucks always pressing right click everywhere, So I sold that to a friend, and used the money to buy a G500.

I'd post some pictures, but my camera is dead right now... and my phone takes really bad pictures.

As for my opinions of Razer, I like their products, but after buying a mouse before, a Keyboard, and another Keyboard ( Both BlackWidows ) from them all with problems, I'm never buying a razer product again. I've been wanting to try a R.A.T. 7 though, even though I'm quite happy with what I have.
Keyboards:
Das Keyboard Ultimate ( Blue switches, blank )
IBM \'91 Model M White.

Wishlist:
Deck Legend Toxic ( With "Ghetto" Reds )
Poker Keyboard

Offline snowball

What mice do you use?
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 07 March 2011, 22:45:21 »
The Zowie EC2 is the favorite of my mice. Combined that with the Zowie G-TF and you have my favorite combo.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 March 2011, 22:48:37 by snowball »
Mice: Zowie EC2, SS Xai, Deathadder Black Edition, Imperator, MX 518, G9
Mousepad: Artisan KAI.g3 HARD, QCK+, SX, 9HD, I-2, NP+, QCK Heavy, Zowie G-TF
Keyboard: G6v2, Mini Choc (blue), Leo Otaku (brown), Poker (Red on order)

Offline isp

What mice do you use?
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 02:16:21 »
hhkb

Offline tacite

What mice do you use?
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 02:40:47 »
ISP is that CM spawn good ? I mean build quality and materials. And is it for long time use?
FILCO Majestouch Tenkeyless
(FKBN87MC)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Offline db_Iodine

What mice do you use?
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 04:27:40 »
Quote from: snowball;307363
The Zowie EC2 is the favorite of my mice. Combined that with the Zowie G-TF and you have my favorite combo.
Show Image

Don't tell me all those mice are plugged in at the same time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline snowball

What mice do you use?
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 11:55:57 »
Quote from: db_Iodine;307465
Don't tell me all those mice are plugged in at the same time.

Nope, I swap as desired. I have a rack for them under my desk with my pile of pads.
Mice: Zowie EC2, SS Xai, Deathadder Black Edition, Imperator, MX 518, G9
Mousepad: Artisan KAI.g3 HARD, QCK+, SX, 9HD, I-2, NP+, QCK Heavy, Zowie G-TF
Keyboard: G6v2, Mini Choc (blue), Leo Otaku (brown), Poker (Red on order)

Offline Howie

What mice do you use?
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 12:07:13 »
Using an Intellimouse 3.0. I love it.

Offline Arc'xer

What mice do you use?
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 12:22:06 »
Quote from: tacite;307434
ISP is that CM spawn good ? I mean build quality and materials. And is it for long time use?

CMS@ESR

It uses the open-source version of the S3888(Razer 3.5G; Abyssus, DA2/BE); ADNS-3090.

Offline isp

What mice do you use?
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 13:19:22 »
Quote from: tacite;307434

I don't have it yet, but plenty of reviews can be found.  A friend is shipping mine from Europe (not avail in US atm, although CM has claimed it will by the end of this month).

Quote from: Arc'xer;307723
CMS@ESR

I swear I have to know you.  You run in too many similar circles...
hhkb

Offline bxt

What mice do you use?
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 08 March 2011, 19:45:01 »
My ancient G5.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
What mice do you use?
« Reply #117 on: Fri, 11 March 2011, 09:06:40 »
Got an old G5 that I use when I need a proper mouse I can rely on, a Krait I use with my laptop, a Habu that only works half of the time and a Mamba I originally bought to use with the laptop, but now it's more like a really expensive toy I use wherever.

The Habu, despite feeling cheap and shoddy, was actually one of the better mice I've tried and I don't regret the purchase at all, despite being very expensive for such a shoddy feel.

Now, the Mamba on the other hand... I figured since I could switch to wireless it'd be nice to have with the laptop, and I have some inexplicable nostalgic fondness for Razer, but I didn't do enough research beforehand. So when I saw the base... Well, the wireless point became moot. It's only useful to help keep your desk from cluttering.

Got a G9 on the way that I hope will feel as nice and solid as the G5.

Offline Gum12

I use...
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 11 March 2011, 20:00:37 »
Steel Series Kinzu Optical

:becky:

-Gum-

Offline Raedyn

What mice do you use?
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 11 March 2011, 21:25:28 »
I was in the market to replace my trusty old G5 (the one with the rust coloring). I had it forever, and really liked the way it felt in my hands, but it was pretty beat up and I decided I wanted to try something new.

I bought a Razer Mamba. Very nice mouse, except for two gripes; every once in a while the cursor would freeze on the screen for a split second, and it just never felt right in my hand. My pinkie would always drag entirely too much across the mouse pad.

I then decided to go with the SteelSeries Ikari, mostly because of its ergonomic design. The mouse felt great in my hands, and worked exceptionally well. There was one shortcoming; I couldn't get a good grip whenever I tried lifting the mouse from the pad.

I finally went with the Mionix Naos 5000, which I received just today.  People say it's basically a rip off of the Ikari, and while the shape is nearly identical, IMHO Mionix improved the design. As I stated, the Ikari was difficult for me to pick up during normal use. The Naos 5000's thumb and pinkie grooves are more pronounced, allowing one to better grip the mouse.

So far it performs very well, and the only issue I have is that the software has been crashing. This does not affect the performance of the mouse, as the settings are still being registered. Another bonus is the weight system, which my G5 had, and I absolutely love.

I know it's early, but I am extremely happy with my Naos, and right now - it's the best mouse I've ever owned.

Offline tacite

What mice do you use?
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 12 March 2011, 04:17:21 »
Cheap and good. (cheap == good ^^)

« Last Edit: Sat, 12 March 2011, 04:19:33 by tacite »
FILCO Majestouch Tenkeyless
(FKBN87MC)

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Offline phillip

What mice do you use?
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 12 March 2011, 23:30:55 »
Quote from: snowball;307363
http://i.imgur.com/Pp20l.jpg

Nice, I agree with the EC2:

I also have an MX510 but it's at work.  I tried a P-TF but it's too small.  The artisan pad is probably my favorite out of my other pads though - Func F10.s, X-Trac Hammer, Steelseries QCK in various flavors, and X-Trac Ripper.  I wish the artisan pad was as big as the QCK heavy though, cuz I still run out of space :(

Offline sinani206

What mice do you use?
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 17 March 2011, 01:11:27 »
Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 (broke sadface)
crappy touchpad on Lenovo y560 (temporary)
Soon-to-be Razer Deathadder

Offline k44k

What mice do you use?
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 20 March 2011, 04:27:42 »
Using mX518

Offline chel-

What mice do you use?
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 20 March 2011, 22:29:12 »
At the moment Im using my mx518 but I've been contemplating switching to my razer naga..but honestly this is almost perfect. Now if only they would make the mx518 with the scroll wheel of the g9 then that would be a perfect mouse.

Its funny how no matter which mice I try I always go back to the mx518. Nothing beats optical mice imo.

Offline strum4h

What mice do you use?
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 02:43:36 »
Razer Mamba. I worked at best buy so I got it really cheap.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Filco Tenkeyless with Browns  - SIIG minitouch GHSS

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
What mice do you use?
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 07:05:54 »
My Mamba... :biggrin:

Offline Surly73

What mice do you use?
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 07:31:13 »
Quote from: chel-;315077
At the moment Im using my mx518 but I've been contemplating switching to my razer naga..but honestly this is almost perfect. Now if only they would make the mx518 with the scroll wheel of the g9 then that would be a perfect mouse.

Its funny how no matter which mice I try I always go back to the mx518. Nothing beats optical mice imo.

I was an MX510 user for years (same case as the MX518 AFAIK) but I fell in love with the Deathadder at first grasp.  To me it felt far more "clean" and responsive than the MX510.  I'm sure it totally depends on your grip, of course.  I don't dislike the MX, but do prefer the DA.

Offline chel-

What mice do you use?
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 09:55:59 »
Quote from: Surly73;315178
I was an MX510 user for years (same case as the MX518 AFAIK) but I fell in love with the Deathadder at first grasp.  To me it felt far more "clean" and responsive than the MX510.  I'm sure it totally depends on your grip, of course.  I don't dislike the MX, but do prefer the DA.

Yeah I found the mx518 fairly difficult to get adjusted to at first and I wish it were less rounded in shape. I also am not a huge fan of how hard it is to click but it does prevent accidental right clicks. I'm just skeptical of all products razer makes since I'm always hearing people complain about the quality.

The only reason I'm still using the mx518 is because of its performance, but there are a few mice I like A LOT more like the g9. It just has a terrible laser so I'd rather put up with a shape I don't like than something that malfunctions. I've read that the g9x is an improvement but I have yet to try one and I'd rather not buy one just to find out :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 March 2011, 10:00:20 by chel- »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
What mice do you use?
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 10:48:33 »
Quote from: chel-;315215

The only reason I'm still using the mx518 is because of its performance, but there are a few mice I like A LOT more like the g9. It just has a terrible laser so I'd rather put up with a shape I don't like than something that malfunctions. I've read that the g9x is an improvement but I have yet to try one and I'd rather not buy one just to find out :p

My G9x is working great for me, though I haven't tested the older one so I can't say if there's a notable difference. So far I'd say I prefer the G9x laser over my trusty G5, don't know why, though, it just feels good.

Offline Surly73

What mice do you use?
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 11:28:56 »
Quote from: chel-;315215
YI'm just skeptical of all products razer makes since I'm always hearing people complain about the quality.

I hear that.  I have to say that I'm generally surprised in a good way with the DA.  I had a DA spontaneously brick itself a while back and they replaced it under warranty.  I thought that the famous Razer rubbery coating would have been destroyed (like the pics floating around of a Razer keyboard) but it's holding up great.  The plastic used for the bottom of the mouse is more fragile than the MX510 plastic though.  

When my MX510 wore through it's feet it just became less pleasant to use.  When my DA wore down so the belly started to touch (just in the last week) it picked up a ton of friction and the mouse pad (Ratpadz XT) has really damaged the plastic on the bottom.  The MX510 doesn't pick up any marks and keeps gliding, just not as well.

I now have replacement feet for both on the way.

Offline ktkr

What mice do you use?
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 15:15:40 »
DeathAdder. Can't beat the comfort and looks, as long as you disable those hideous leds.

Offline panda-R

What mice do you use?
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 21 March 2011, 15:24:46 »
I'm using da Logitech M570 cuz it's wireless
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
What mice do you use?
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 24 March 2011, 08:45:20 »
Using a SS Kinzu right now, was seeing a friend who works at GameStop to pass some time, ended up buying a new mousepad and a Kinzu. Would've gotten an Ikari to see what all the fuss is about, but they didn't have one and I wanted a toy.
Will probably go back to my G9x as soon as I get bored with it, but I might use the Kinzu with my laptop instead of the Krait I use with it now.

Offline panda-R

What mice do you use?
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 24 March 2011, 18:27:50 »
DOOD that vx nano in the brown box is awesome because I have the same vx nano but it came in their usual packaging with all the plastic trimmings. Thus I think i got the better value.
DO YOU FEEL THE BEAT? I DO.
One Keyboard to DOOM them all, REALFORCE.

Offline TickleMeElmo

What mice do you use?
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 01:03:06 »
Razer Deathadder 3.5G

Offline sinani206

What mice do you use?
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 13:59:42 »
Deathadder...

Offline Enzyme

• http://www.kdclan.net
What mice do you use?
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 08:35:14 »
previously..logitech mx510
then..razer copperhead (with right thumb buttons modded to left side)
now..g500 (the perfect mouse with the perfect flaw)
next..possibly another razer modded with the g500 casing...hmmm

Offline Chobopants

What mice do you use?
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 09:28:55 »
Quote from: Jerri;287728
Razer Lachesis, because i dig the shape of this mouse. Got the 5600 DPI version and the old 4000dpi version, i prefer the new one, because it isn't used down :)

Yeah man, I have two 4000s and a 5600 now. I will continue purchasing new versions of them until they stop making them. I used to use a Copperhead and was very upset when I saw that they stopped making them when I was going to purchase one for my office. The same thing happened back in the day will the Intellimouse 1.1a's that I had so I resolved to not let that happen to me again.
Realforce 87UW 45g - Filco Blue 87 - Filco Linear R - Filco Brown 104

Offline DrunkenDonut

What mice do you use?
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 11:37:26 »
Logitech MX-700 to a Razer Mamba to a Razer Orochi.

The MX-700 was nice at the time, and it was getting quite worn. The Mamba was nice but battery life was poor in wireless mode. Orochi is my favourite so far. It's portable and uses AA batteries, which actually last a decent amount of time in wireless mode. It was made better when they finally released the fully-featured drivers for OS X. The downside is the wheel click micro-switch is going, so I have to press harder for middle clicks now. It was actually completely gone before I re-soldered it. It's a different size / shape than typical left / right switches so I can't just dig one out from another mouse. :(
*Hang on to your wallet!*
BTC E5X5R5BTC-5339R-0 (\'90), MS Natural Keyboard Pro (\'99), Sun Type 5c, 2x 1391401, DASK3ULT (\'08), ABS M1, Dell AT101W, M4-1
FKBN87M/EB (\'09), FKBN87ML/EB (\'09), FKBN87Z/EB (\'09), FKBN87MC/NPEC (\'09), G80-3000LQCDE-2 (\'11)

Offline narlzac85

What mice do you use?
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 11 April 2011, 20:14:51 »
I bought an MX518 in 2005 and have been using it since (170+ days in WoW in addition to a few weeks in CoD plus everything in between) and it just refuses to die. I really want to get a newer 518 with the larger feet, but this one's a tank. I've disassembled it and sanded off the coating when it started to peel and I lost the aluminum logo after 2 years. All of the buttons are as good as day 1 still. If I buy a few more of these, I think I'll be set for life.

Offline Mercen_505

What mice do you use?
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 11 April 2011, 22:52:18 »
Another Deathadder here. I've got one at the office as well as home. It took me about two weeks to really get used to the shape versus my old el cheapo Logitech mouse, but I certainly love it.

Offline aegrotatio

What mice do you use?
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 11 April 2011, 23:43:08 »
I only use trackballs.  I use either Logitech Mouseman Marble or Kensington Expert Mouse 64325.
Daily Drivers: Ducky DK1087XM || DSI ASK-6600 || Rosewill RK-9000 BL, BR, BL, and RE || ABS M1 || Das Keyboard Silent || HHKB Lite and Lite 2 || DSI Big Font (kids love it)
Yearning for: Any ALPS keyboard || Any tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
Permanent collection: Poker Blue and Brown || Adesso MKB-125B || SIIG MiniTouch Geek Hack Space Saver || Chicony 5181 Monterey Blue || Chicony 5191 Clone Cherry Blues || Key Tronic 3600 || Unicomp Endurapro & SmarTrex || A crate of IBM Model M and Model M Space Saving boards || NeXTstation Slab || Amiga 3000 || BTC-5100C black and beige || SIIG MiniTouch Plus black and beige
Retired collection: SIIG MiniTouch Monterey Blue || Razer BlackWidow

Offline sequencius

What mice do you use?
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 11 April 2011, 23:43:09 »
Dell Optical works just fine for me.

If I can pwn in cs 1.6 with this mouse...I'm pretty sure I can do everything else with it.

Offline killy

What mice do you use?
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 13 April 2011, 10:50:23 »
I always wondered how snakes managed to digest the bodies of their victims whole. I know they pretty much excrete pellets of fur and bones, but somewhere along the way they essentially dissolved the body in some cocktail of acid and enzymes. Scary.

Offline The Solutor

What mice do you use?
« Reply #145 on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 19:01:29 »
Quote from: ripster;317632
Logitech VX Nano for HP DM1z NotBook use.   My Kid stole my other one when he got the HP 210HD.

I REALLY appreciate the Amazon/Logitech Environmentally Friendly packaging.
Show Image

An horrible mouse with a fantastic tracking.

Too small, and hideous because lacks the middle click.

Tried  for a day returned it super quickly, bought a Marathon M705 which is almost perfect, as its older brother the VX revolution.

I could kill for a VX revolution with the VX nano sensor.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline kill will

• http://www.jerseyshoredailies.com
What mice do you use?
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 20:00:20 »
i use logitech marathon mouse. i was a hardcore intellimouse user for years.
I <3 BS

Offline Skylit

What mice do you use?
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 16 April 2011, 02:39:13 »
Siggy.

Offline Alex

What mice do you use?
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 16 April 2011, 07:25:17 »
Logitech G9x, feels great in my hand and seems pretty alright for gaming.

Offline hfcobra

What mice do you use?
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 17 April 2011, 17:44:17 »
Quote from: Alex;332054
Logitech G9x, feels great in my hand and seems pretty alright for gaming.

I have actually just bought one of those from a friend for a really good price.  My G500 is a really nice mouse but since I use a claw grip I wanted to try our this mouse.  My G500 causes the tips of my fingers to hurt a little but too after a long gaming session, so I wanted to try out the different clicks on this mouse.
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns