Author Topic: hi i'm newdles  (Read 2900 times)

Offline n__dles

hi i'm newdles
« on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 18:29:55 »
hi -i'm a long time lurker  :cool:
Now I can join 1337 GBs for decorative keycaps, and quit using search and post questions instead  :thumb:

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: hi i'm newdles
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 09:37:10 »
hey bro grats on 1337 status.

any GBs you've got your eye on?

Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline n__dles

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 11:54:34 »
Yes, I preyed on the misfortune of a poor soul who had to leave the ALPS 60% GB  >:D
I've been keyboarding for 30 years, and mech. keyboarding for 3. So even tho getting in a GB within hours of joining seems kinda reckless, it's not so much in the grande scheme.

What you eyein' up? :cool:

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 19:09:20 »
Yes, I preyed on the misfortune of a poor soul who had to leave the ALPS 60% GB  >:D
I've been keyboarding for 30 years, and mech. keyboarding for 3. So even tho getting in a GB within hours of joining seems kinda reckless, it's not so much in the grande scheme.

What you eyein' up? :cool:

Pretty hyped for Nantucket Selectric, Ground Control and the Kishsaver project =O
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 20:44:13 »
pretty sure you're n__dles
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 23:50:41 »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline n__dles

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 12:17:00 »
Remember those magic eye things from the 90s?? It's like that, just stare at it long enough and it will make sense :thumb:

...oh no, you're *that* guy... What kind of member am I? What's the first word in the subforum we're in?

( all in good fun, I'm a niiice guy!@  :-* )

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 19:30:01 »
Remember those magic eye things from the 90s?? It's like that, just stare at it long enough and it will make sense :thumb:

...oh no, you're *that* guy... What kind of member am I? What's the first word in the subforum we're in?

WHO IS THAT GUY

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 19:33:18 »

WHO IS THAT GUY

More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 20:15:28 »
There is a tradition under which new members introduce themselves to the community by creating a different thread each day for 30 days, preferably spread out between each of the various boards. The point is for you to learn as much as possible to prepare you for subsequent active and informed participation. This effort is crucial to your development.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 20:22:27 »
There is a tradition under which new members introduce themselves to the community by creating a different thread each day for 30 days, preferably spread out between each of the various boards. The point is for you to learn as much as possible to prepare you for subsequent active and informed participation. This effort is crucial to your development.
full of ****

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 20:38:46 »
full of ****

Not true. It's worth noting that our most respected members (e.g. demik, tp4tissue, baldgye) average at least 3 posts per day.1 Frequent contribution is a must.

1 When corrected for reset post counts.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 20:44:09 »
im not a respected member. im literally nobody here. i wish you guys would learn that.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 20:48:36 »
Now I know my joke wasn't funny. Hard to convey sarcasm in text sometimes.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 03:56:53 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

What keyboard/s have you got?

im not a respected member. im literally nobody here. i wish you guys would learn that.

You have a Ribbit.  Respect for that.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline n__dles

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 21:57:38 »
Welcome to Geekhack!
Thanks!!
What keyboard/s have you got?
  • HHKB Lite - I got it a year ago to see if I wanted to get the real thing. Unfortunately it's what I'm typing on now  :mad:
  • CM QFR TKL with Blues - My first, and atm, only mech. I got it around 2yrs ago, it's in pieces now because I'm going to lube the switches with DuPont Teflon.
  • Apple Keyboard II - Not Extended, the poor person version, it's ver. B, which means it has ALPS spring over dome switches. I use this on a contemporary Apple.
On the way:
  • 60% ANSI Dell, Matias Quiet Click, from BlueNalgene's GB - I'm putting Tai-Hao Olivette caps on it, and probably a TEX Acrylic case.
  • Apple Extended Keyboard II - I'll undoubtedly mod this kb, but it's going to be used on my 20+ yr old Apple.

I like the looks of old school keycaps: Olivetti, Dolch, Honeywell, Space Cadet, .. So fortunately for my wallet I don't for-see myself getting into wild colors like Miami / Rainbow. I also don't understand the obsession with LEDs, nor artisan caps, at least yet.

Stored in my brain, and now in this post, I have a vague list of keyboards I'd like to get some day consists of: an Ergodox, a board with Cherry Clears, another with ALPS Blues... maybe try some linear switches... a Model M, why not??
You have a Ribbit.
What's a Ribbit?

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 22:04:14 »

You have a Ribbit.
What's a Ribbit?
[/quote]
its a really rare artisans made by brocaps absolutely beautiful  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 03:36:18 »
Why is it unfortunate that you are typing on an HHKB Lite?  At least it is an HHKB!  Do you like the keyout?  If so, an HHKB Pro 2 awaits ...

What's a Ribbit?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59014.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline n__dles

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 04:08:57 »
Why is it unfortunate that you are typing on an HHKB Lite?  At least it is an HHKB!  Do you like the keyout?  If so, an HHKB Pro 2 awaits ...
I don't like the layout, I thought I would because I use emacs. I'm glad I spent $30 on the Lite instead of finding out on the Pro!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 04:11:20 »
I don't like the layout, I thought I would because I use emacs. I'm glad I spent $30 on the Lite instead of finding out on the Pro!

Ah, I see.  It can take some getting used to.  Usually using ONLY the HHKB for a week or two gets you accustomed to the layout.

Or not, the layout is not necessarily for everyone.  I use my HHKB on my Mac, but I really struggled to use it under Windows.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 10:51:39 »

What's a Ribbit?

Wtf, why did you show me that?  Now I get to add a Ribbit to my list of Bro Caps that I am interested in.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 23:47:30 »

What's a Ribbit?

Wtf, why did you show me that?  Now I get to add a Ribbit to my list of Bro Caps that I am interested in.

It's been on my list for a long time, missed a few sales, and now there don't seem to be any more :(