Author Topic: [IC] PBT Scannable.  (Read 9072 times)

Offline its.ae

[IC] PBT Scannable.
« on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 12:49:32 »
286356-0
286358-1
Hi all!
We are AEs and welcome to the IC for Scannable!

Speaking about inspiration, basically, the idea struck me when I was scanning a QR code to pay for my coffee. I know it’s nothing bizarre, but I’ve always found the little *beep* sound when we successfully scanned a code amusing.

So I thought to myself, why not add some of “amusement” to the keyboard?

IC Form

Color
286360-2

Kit

286362-3

286364-4

286366-5

286368-6

286370-7

286372-8

286374-9

Note

Instead of normal QR, we use Micro QR Code for its minimal space requirement, which makes printing on keycaps whole lots easier.

Here comes a bummer: The camera on your smartphone is still unable to identify Micro QR code, but with the help of a third party’s scanning app, this shouldn’t be any problem.

Scannable is specially designed for you to mix and match various styles, and we do encourage you to come up with as many unique combinations as possible. That’s why we decided to release 3 Alpha kits (including the Base kit). The only job left here is to let you creativity roam free.

Renders
(Koyu & U80 | RAMA WORKS)
(TKC1800 | TheKey.Company)

286376-10

286378-11

286380-12

286382-13

286384-14

286386-15

286388-16

Deskmat
TBA

Vendors
TBA

GB Date
TBA

Things needed to do:

- Feedbacks, Recommendations
- More renders
- Get quote
- Deskmat
- Collab (maybe?)
- GB Date

Special Thank
Thank you all for your time reading this IC post!

Offline hankyul33

Re: [IC] PBT Scannable.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 12:58:33 »
Scan on bottom row not aligned properly like the other mods. Alphas seem busy and vibrant but everything else is kinda lackluster which makes for a weird balance. Otherwise interesting set!

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 12:59:49 »
A very interesting concept. I feel like this is the obvious question - what do the QR codes link to?

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 13:04:26 »
I really like this. I fear how it will come out with PBT though. I imagine domikey triple shot would be really nice for this set if possible. Also +1 for text+icon mods instead of all icon

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 13:10:50 »
I really like this. I fear how it will come out with PBT though. I imagine domikey triple shot would be really nice for this set if possible. Also +1 for text+icon mods instead of all icon

I don't think this set can be anything other than dyesub PBT, between legend tolerances for doubleshot caps and the cost of new molds for a whole set of alphas. Tripleshot almost certainly not possible without absolutely insane cost.

Offline strawberryyogurt

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 13:26:52 »
Wait this's actually really cool. Should I be excited for any hidden message behind these QRs?

Note: I DID scanned the QR on the banner tho  ;)

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 13:36:13 »
Nice! I think some of the novelties don’t fit as well as others, though. The ISO Enter, Beep and rotated squares look a little out of place in a theme that has so many perfectly aligned squares.

Any chance you could add the numrow to the qr codes only alpha kit? I think having white qr code numrow with regular alphas or putting qr codes on the f-row (using the numrow keys) would look really good.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline JohnYYZ

• KanataKeys.co
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 13:53:16 »
Fun set, I really like it actually!

Offline its.ae

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 14:27:19 »
Scan on bottom row not aligned properly like the other mods. Alphas seem busy and vibrant but everything else is kinda lackluster which makes for a weird balance. Otherwise interesting set!

Thanks for your feedbacks :) I will definitely consider improving it based on your recommendation!

Offline its.ae

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 14:28:07 »
A very interesting concept. I feel like this is the obvious question - what do the QR codes link to?

Right now it's just basic text like A will be A when scanned. But one of the ideas being considered is to include fun hidden messages like Q as in QMK, B for Black Inks...etc

Offline its.ae

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 14:29:22 »
Wait this's actually really cool. Should I be excited for any hidden message behind these QRs?

Note: I DID scanned the QR on the banner tho  ;)

Fun set, I really like it actually!

Glad that you like the idea :) Thank you so much!

Offline its.ae

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 14:30:01 »

I am currently working with a PBT manufacturer to check the print quality :) I will update when I get the latest information

Offline its.ae

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 14:30:23 »
Nice! I think some of the novelties don’t fit as well as others, though. The ISO Enter, Beep and rotated squares look a little out of place in a theme that has so many perfectly aligned squares.

Any chance you could add the numrow to the qr codes only alpha kit? I think having white qr code numrow with regular alphas or putting qr codes on the f-row (using the numrow keys) would look really good.

Thanks for your feedback :) I will consider your suggestion and revise the Kit ;)

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 14:35:37 »
I really like the concept! Good luck!

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 14:51:27 »

I don't think this set can be anything other than dyesub PBT, between legend tolerances for doubleshot caps and the cost of new molds for a whole set of alphas. Tripleshot almost certainly not possible without absolutely insane cost.

Yeah you’re probably right. Finals hitting my brain too hard

Offline Backspace2

• Third most used key on the keyboard is Backspace!
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 19:43:25 »
Like many others said, very interesting! Maybe a rickroll QR code :p
Yes

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 19:53:49 »
not for me, since i don't like the idea of having a bunch of QR codes on a desk i take pictures of a lot, but really unique idea and i hope this set does well
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline its.ae

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 22:44:19 »
not for me, since i don't like the idea of having a bunch of QR codes on a desk i take pictures of a lot, but really unique idea and i hope this set does well
I really like the concept! Good luck!

Like many others said, very interesting! Maybe a rickroll QR code :p

Thank you all so much for the support and feedbacks! <3

Offline santela

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 23:11:54 »
This is actually interesting. I'd probably go with the mono alphas for a cleaner look.

Offline tineship

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 19 May 2022, 01:58:42 »
The concept of this set is really unique! Love it so much! GLWIC

Offline phuownglinh

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 06:06:42 »
Niceee~ love how you put the blue, red and yellow together, that’s a cool combination. I also click on the IC form and I find it really interesting with the one having Chrome dinosour. I’m innn 100%^^

Offline JQ27

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 09:30:06 »
This is something really nice and unique. Chance to include coloured ISO Enters?

Offline LegendsWorks

• thocc
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 18:13:59 »
not for me but i want those novelties, glwic

Offline acerb

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 25 May 2022, 02:28:52 »
I would've said it's super original last year, but it's actually joining qPBT Terminal's idea of having sub legends in a coded representation (they are just in-stock now: https://mvkb.com/terminal/). They're reversed dye-sub and 70$ in-stock so maybe you should check it out with "equal PBT". Good luck