geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

Important Information Regarding Mechs & Co GMK Sets - Please Read

(1/6) > >>

HoffmanMyster:
I'm very excited to share a huge update to the ongoing Mechs & Co saga (PSA and initial post here).

NovelKeys have been working hard on extensive solutions to the situation, covering those affected in the absolute best way possible. Massive props and thank you to the team at NovelKeys, y'all are amazing.

Please read their full write-up below, and also check the reddit thread for additional comments if you wish to discuss things further across platforms.

--- Quote ---
Part 1: Unpaid Sets

Since the announcement of the issues happening with Mechs and Co. we have been in contact with GMK trying to figure out the best solution for everyone involved. The first part of this announcement and details are only for the sets that GMK did not receive payment from Mechs and Co.

These are the impacted sets:

* GMK CYL Arctic
* GMK CYL Terror
* GMK CYL Bordeaux
* GMK CYL Taiga
* GMK CYL Gladiator
* GMK CYL Cinder
* GMK CYL Mercury
* GMK CYL NTD
* GMK CYL Tiramisu
* GMK CYL Cream Matcha
* GMK CYL Beige Addon
* GMK CYL WoB Essentials Addons
If you were originally part of the Group Buys on Mechs and Co for these sets, GMK is offering these through NovelKeys at a discounted price. Unfortunately, because these were not paid for at all from Mechs and Co, this is the best alternative that we can offer. Please note that we have priced these as low as possible, and the margins won’t even cover our labor costs. (We hope to make this up with normal preorder and retail pricing)

These discounted prices will only be available to customers who submit a screenshot of their order to support@novelkeys.com. Please do the following when sending in your email:

* Your subject line should be “Mechs and Co: [Insert Set Name]
* Example would be: Mechs and Co: GMK CYL Arctic
* In the body of your email please include the kits you ordered.
* Attached to the email please include a screenshot (or multiple if needed) of your order confirmation from Mechs and Co. This screenshot should include the kits you ordered, your name, and your shipping address.
* If you have more than one set ordered from Mechs and Co, please send an email for each set.
* You need to make an account via NovelKeys if you do not already have one.
Please submit your email by September 30, 2023. This will allow us time to prepare the product pages, and get the correct permissions added to your account.

These sets will be available for the people impacted starting on October 2, 2023. The orders will be open until October 15, 2023. Once the sets open, we will email the customers with the link to the product page.

During the initial 2 weeks at the discounted rate, we will also be offering a variant called “Designer Tip” that will be $5 (this can be added multiple times to the cart if you are inclined to tip more). Because we are offering this as low as possible, there will be no designer royalty during this period. If you want, you can add this to your cart, and we will pay the designer that amount (minus the processing fee).

After the 2 weeks, we will swap to normal pricing, and from there the designers will be paid 8% on the retail pricing. Once the set ships, the designers will get paid for the preorders from NovelKeys, and once in stock, paid out quarterly.

Any sets that have already completed production, we will have real photos of the sets. Any sets that have color matching done, we will show real photos of those color samples.

Part 2: Paid Sets

For the sets that were paid for, we were able to reach out to Mechs and Co to come up with a solution. These sets include:

* GMK CYL Art
* GMK CYL Infernal
* GMK CYL Tako
If you purchased one of these sets from Mechs and Co, we will need you to follow the same procedure as above.

These sets will be offered with no additional costs (this also means no shipping costs!) to any of the customers who purchased the set from Mechs and Co. Please do the following when sending in your email to support@novelkeys.com:

* Your subject line should be “Mechs and Co: [Insert Set Name]
* Example would be: Mechs and Co: GMK CYL Infernal
* In the body of your email please include the kits you ordered.
* Attached to the email please include a screenshot (or multiple if needed) of your order confirmation from Mechs and Co. This screenshot should include the kits you ordered, your name, and your shipping address.
* If you have more than one set ordered from Mechs and Co, please send an email for each set.
* You need to make an account via NovelKeys if you do not already have one.
Please submit your email by September 30, 2023. This will allow us time to prepare the product pages, and get the correct permissions added to your account.

These sets will be available for the people impacted starting on October 2, 2023. The orders will be open until October 15, 2023. Once the sets open, we will email the customers with the link to the product page.

There are two disclaimers that need to be agreed to when making this order for these three sets.

* You have not and will not chargeback your order from Mechs on Co. on this set. (edit added by Hoffman: successful chargeback - unsuccessful/denied chargebacks to not factor in here)
* You agree that if needed NovelKeys will share fulfillment information to Mechs and Co.
Similar to the above, These sets will be available for the people impacted starting on October 2, 2023. The orders will be open until October 15, 2023. Once the sets open, we will email the customers with the link to the product page.

During the initial 2 weeks with the sets being free, we will also be offering a variant called “Designer Tip” that will be $5 (this can be added multiple times to the cart if you are inclined to tip more). Because we are offering this for no costs, including shipping, there will be no designer royalty during this period. If you want, you can add this to your cart, and we will pay the designer that amount (minus the processing fee).

After the 2 weeks, we will swap to normal pricing, and from there the designers will be paid 8% on the retail pricing. Once the set ships, the designers will get paid for the preorders from NovelKeys, and once in stock, paid out quarterly.

Please note that I wont be able to talk about any other sets other that what is listed here.

Discount Pricing Below:
GMK CYL Arctic

* Base - $85
* Extension - $27
* Novelties - $25
* Spacebars - $15
GMK CYL Terror

* Base - $99
* Alt Alphas - $55
* Novelties - $50
* Spacebars - $20
GMK CYL Bordeaux

* Base - $95
* Spacebars - $20
* Novelties - $25
* Spacebars - $15
* NorDeUK - $40
GMK CYL Taiga

* Base - $95
* Extension - $28
* Spacebars - $15
GMK CYL Gladiator

* Base - $85
* Novelties - $32
* Numpad - $30
* Macro - $22
* Spacebars - $25
GMK CYL Cinder

* Hiragana Base - $110
* Latin Base - $110
* Novelties - $28
* Spacebars - $18
GMK CYL Mercury

* Base - $95
* NorDeUK - $50
* Spacebars - $20
* Novelties - $28
GMK CYL NTD

* Base - $85
* Extension - $22
* 30 Lives - $18
* Novelties - $28
* Spacebars - $22
GMK CYL Tiramisu

* Base - $75
* Novelties - $25
* Spacebars - $18
GMK CYL Cream Matcha

* Base - $95
* Alt Alphas - $58
* Numpad - $25
* Novelties - $28
* Spacebars - $15
GMK CYL Beige Addon

* Addition - $38
* 2002 - $32
* 40’s - $42
* R0/R5 - $52
* CMYK - $55
* Spacebars - $12
* BAE - $12
GMK CYL WoB Essentials Addons

* Dark RGB - $42
* CMYW - $45
* Icon - $20
* Extension - $30
* R5 - $28
--- End quote ---

Reddit Thread

Krelbit:
every time i see the list of unpaid sets i get shellshocked by how large it is - and that's not even including all of the other non gmk projects

i get massive anxiety from the time a group buy ends til i pay the invoice i dont think i would be able to function while having even two unpaid invoices

zebus:
What about GMK Moonlight? It was paid for but never shipped to customers, don’t see it mentioned here.

crucifiedpooh:
GMK Truffelschwein is also stuck in limbo.

pixelpusher:

--- Quote from: Krelbit on Thu, 07 September 2023, 12:44:42 ---every time i see the list of unpaid sets i get shellshocked by how large it is - and that's not even including all of the other non gmk projects

i get massive anxiety from the time a group buy ends til i pay the invoice i dont think i would be able to function while having even two unpaid invoices

--- End quote ---

Yeah.  This is a lot.  Like... worse than those dreams where you realize there was a class you forgot to attend and its the final.  x100 that feeling.  Sheeesh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version