Author Topic: Hello... again?  (Read 3255 times)

Offline anathae

Hello... again?
« on: Thu, 21 September 2023, 16:58:16 »
Long time geek (my first computer class was on an apple ][, not even apple ][e, in highschool,) only found out about this place because of KLE, Adafruit, and that particular rabbit hole.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Re: Hello... again?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 September 2023, 17:14:33 »
Long time geek (my first computer class was on an apple ][, not even apple ][e, in highschool,) only found out about this place because of KLE, Adafruit, and that particular rabbit hole.

Hello if keyboards interest you, you've found the right place! I'd also check out https://deskthority.net/, they focus on vintage MKBs over there. Here at GH we are more focused on the new custom MKBs. Although there is definitely a good bit of overlap.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 September 2023, 07:42:37 »
im jealous of people that got to use cool keyboards in high school. im a senior and we have membranes only lol
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 September 2023, 18:05:52 »
im jealous of people that got to use cool keyboards in high school. im a senior and we have membranes only lol

Same all the computers had either bad membrane or the standard apple keyboards (I actually don't think they are that bad but I prefer my mech boards of course)

Also welcome to geekhack anathae

Offline Goggles2114

• Cheapie Theatre
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 September 2023, 21:50:16 »
Hi there fellow oldster :)

Granted I'm just a touch younger than you, we're both dinosaurs in the computing world.

Offline anathae

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 23 September 2023, 01:38:22 »
Thanks all.  I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to keyboards, be they classic mechanical or new mechanical (but the ibm model m is nearly goat.)  My interest in DIY mechanical is due to the fact that carpal tunnel got me, and while I am glad this commercial split keyboard I have helps, I can see room for improvements.

Anathae

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 25 September 2023, 06:58:10 »

Same all the computers had either bad membrane or the standard apple keyboards (I actually don't think they are that bad but I prefer my mech boards of course)

Also welcome to geekhack anathae

the best keyboard ive had in school was a key tronic membrane i found in a supply closet in my tech class. it wasnt even bad and the teacher let me take it home actually lol. variable weighted domes too
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D