geekhack Marketplace > Signature Plastics / PimpMyKeyboard

GB Site Updates & Upgrades

<< < (10/13) > >>

potatowire:
This is very exciting, SPLady! My wallet is weeping quietly in the corner, however.

--- Quote from: Matt3o on Sat, 16 May 2015, 02:12:22 ---PLEASE PLEEEASE release the SA-ROW-4-SHIFTS!

--- End quote ---

Seconded! SA definitely seems to be rising in popularity, and I suspect a little investment in the profile would pay off quickly.

-potatowire

Bloo:

--- Quote from: SPLady on Fri, 15 May 2015, 23:43:45 ---...Once produced, the sets will become available in our Key Shop where they can be purchased and shipped within days of ordering. This way you decide when to buy the keysets, minimizing the competition we are now seeing with so many new designs being launched at the same time. We would like to have at least 20 different custom designs available through our Key Shop.

--- End quote ---

This is a great new direction.  I also hope that there might also be a bit of transparency added to the production scheduling.  The delays that certain sets (ie. round 5) encounter are a little unsettling.  I know that companies don't like to share that sort of thing, but community involvement is a two way street. 

KHAANNN:
As a DSA addict, this is exciting news, it's something you should've done long ago

It would also be great to see some actually useful special keys, like colored Shift's, Enter's, Return's, 1.25's, Ctrl's, Alt's, Tab's, Esc's, Delete's etc. (double shot ABS's with beautiful, proven colors, likely white on red/blue/green etc.)

I would buy one of each

taylordcraig:

--- Quote from: Bloo on Sat, 16 May 2015, 11:36:10 ---
--- Quote from: SPLady on Fri, 15 May 2015, 23:43:45 ---...Once produced, the sets will become available in our Key Shop where they can be purchased and shipped within days of ordering. This way you decide when to buy the keysets, minimizing the competition we are now seeing with so many new designs being launched at the same time. We would like to have at least 20 different custom designs available through our Key Shop.

--- End quote ---

This is a great new direction.  I also hope that there might also be a bit of transparency added to the production scheduling.  The delays that certain sets (ie. round 5) encounter are a little unsettling.  I know that companies don't like to share that sort of thing, but community involvement is a two way street.

--- End quote ---

Just gonna thumbs up this.
I have very little interest in SP sets these days [no offense!]
I have nothing against SP I just have been enjoying OG Cherry stuff more.
I still love my blank granite DSA, hyperfuse DSA, wyse DSA, and galaxy class DSA sets.
and I still think that SA is by fair SPs greatest tooling. Really thick, great feeling caps.
A little more transparency would be great.
However, Melissa has been fantastic at answering any questions through email.

KHAANNN:
In my opinion, the top-thickness of SA is wasted as the stem holder is flush with the keycap, so the keycap amplifies the sound rather than suppressing it (at the bottom out, the keycap doesn't cover the switch as much as it could, comparatively, the cherry/oem profile's are far superior in this area)
I had the chance to try SA keycaps lately, they just made me like DSA's more, especially sculptured SA's are extreme, row1 is almost 3x DSA's, no need for that much heft for no gain

In any case, it would be great to see more SA's/DSA's, after trying them both, I'm especially interested in DSA's, as I tend to mix keycaps a lot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version