geekhack Marketplace > Classifieds

Clack Valuation Thread

<< < (3/474) > >>

Fire Brand:
I personally after owning just the one clack being a 3D Topre one I have no use of, I only got it on impulse I can say I'm not hugely fussed about getting more I feel people more want due to the fact its almost a status symbol, I myself would say I'm guilty of this after getting mine but almost as soon as getting it and looking at it I was like yeah it's nice but nothing to spend this much money on people are asking for it, I would say to those looking to get them question if you really do want them, if you do then go ahead and get it as the price should not matter if you truly want it but to all that just want them for the sake of having one, its not all its cracked up to be the main disappointment I had was they are made from a hard plastic I always assumed they where a soft resin like plastic carved out, but they look very much molded, anyway that's my opinion though.

Anyway as a collector of other items I don't think this is the worst I have spent much more on trading cards when I was a child after all and those are just printed paper, but I got my charzard in the end :p

Anyway as this is a valuation thread I very recently got my first clack being a 3D Topre skull, at £55 including next day delivery before 1PM with insurance, this was done over ebay and can provide details on it if you need, also £55 at the time of buying that roughly worked out to $88 give or take a little

bueller:

--- Quote from: Fire Brand on Tue, 17 June 2014, 09:36:08 ---I personally after owning just the one clack being a 3D Topre one I have no use of, I only got it on impulse I can say I'm not hugely fussed about getting more I feel people more want due to the fact its almost a status symbol, I myself would say I'm guilty of this after getting mine but almost as soon as getting it and looking at it I was like yeah it's nice but nothing to spend this much money on people are asking for it, I would say to those looking to get them question if you really do want them, if you do then go ahead and get it as the price should not matter if you truly want it but to all that just want them for the sake of having one, its not all its cracked up to be the main disappointment I had was they are made from a hard plastic I always assumed they where a soft resin like plastic carved out, but they look very much molded, anyway that's my opinion though.

Anyway as a collector of other items I don't think this is the worst I have spent much more on trading cards when I was a child after all and those are just printed paper, but I got my charzard in the end :p

Anyway as this is a valuation thread I very recently got my first clack being a 3D Topre skull, at £55 including next day delivery before 1PM with insurance, this was done over ebay and can provide details on it if you need, also £55 at the time of buying that roughly worked out to $88 give or take a little

--- End quote ---

Strangely enough I've found Clack prices on eBay to be fairly reasonable in the past, seen a bunch of skulls go for 2/3 of the price they fetch here.

Fire Brand:

--- Quote from: bueller on Tue, 17 June 2014, 09:38:22 ---More
--- Quote from: Fire Brand on Tue, 17 June 2014, 09:36:08 ---I personally after owning just the one clack being a 3D Topre one I have no use of, I only got it on impulse I can say I'm not hugely fussed about getting more I feel people more want due to the fact its almost a status symbol, I myself would say I'm guilty of this after getting mine but almost as soon as getting it and looking at it I was like yeah it's nice but nothing to spend this much money on people are asking for it, I would say to those looking to get them question if you really do want them, if you do then go ahead and get it as the price should not matter if you truly want it but to all that just want them for the sake of having one, its not all its cracked up to be the main disappointment I had was they are made from a hard plastic I always assumed they where a soft resin like plastic carved out, but they look very much molded, anyway that's my opinion though.

--- End quote ---

Strangely enough I've found Clack prices on eBay to be fairly reasonable in the past, seen a bunch of skulls go for 2/3 of the price they fetch here.

--- End quote ---

That's what I have seen, but for what I paid and with the shipping next day guaranteed before 1PM included in the price I find that highly reasonable and it did indeed come at 11AM the next day, I think it would be nicer if the postage cost was included in the fairly high price, although my situation is different from most though as the fellow was from the UK so it was fairly easy to get that post done.

--- Quote from: JaccoW on Tue, 17 June 2014, 09:52:29 ---Perhaps this thread should be used for that. To post prices a Clack sold for.

--- End quote ---

I very much agree with this last statement, well said though with that I couldn't put it better rather than having it as a ask for a price just list what they have sold for, giving people a idea of what to expect.

Fire Brand:
Just got the listing for the clack I bought on ebay, now I was not sure if I should post the link or just an image so I have blanked a few details out, such as seller name, otherwise intact just let me know if I need to change anymore for the rules.

--- Quote from: Kayla on Tue, 17 June 2014, 11:02:11 ---This thread will be a "What is the hgihest my cap has sold for" resource then. smh

--- End quote ---
Maybe but I think the aim of this is more, to see if say one is getting sold, is it close to what the average price is or have the just made a number up, but again I think a lot of us are thinking a bit too far into this ohh well :)

Tym:
Firebrand, you'll want to cover up the name of it and the URL as its really easy to back-trace :)

Although there really isn't any point, I don't think, in hiding the seller :3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version