geekhack Marketplace > Vendor Feedback

MechanicalKeyboards.com Customer Feedback Thread

<< < (4/4)

pomk:
Hi,

I posted a question on your feedback form some days ago, but haven't gotten a response.

My question concerned the international shipping costs. I was trying to purchase a couple of switches from you (300), but was turned off because of ludicrous shipping charges of 70 USD! In order to better understand what is going on here, I checked the shipping charges of a retail keyboard with greater volume and weight just to have a good laugh. I was surprised to see that the shipping cost was less for the weighty keyboard, than for some pesky switches. I then proceeded to check how the shipping cost accumulated over different products and concluded that you add some kind of an additional service fee per item in the basket. As you sell switches only in packs of ten, the shipping cost rises to absurd degrees very quickly because of this 'per item fee'.

I understand that your free shipping applies only to USA and I'd be more than happy to pay for the difference. What I don't understand is why you would charge money for a service which is independent of the actual shipping cost, while you do not charge that for USA residents. As I understand 'free' in this case means that the service fee is already included in the price of the products.

Best regards,
Panu

00zeRO:

--- Quote from: pomk on Fri, 27 January 2017, 06:49:25 ---Hi,

I posted a question on your feedback form some days ago, but haven't gotten a response.

My question concerned the international shipping costs. I was trying to purchase a couple of switches from you (300), but was turned off because of ludicrous shipping charges of 70 USD! In order to better understand what is going on here, I checked the shipping charges of a retail keyboard with greater volume and weight just to have a good laugh. I was surprised to see that the shipping cost was less for the weighty keyboard, than for some pesky switches. I then proceeded to check how the shipping cost accumulated over different products and concluded that you add some kind of an additional service fee per item in the basket. As you sell switches only in packs of ten, the shipping cost rises to absurd degrees very quickly because of this 'per item fee'.

I understand that your free shipping applies only to USA and I'd be more than happy to pay for the difference. What I don't understand is why you would charge money for a service which is independent of the actual shipping cost, while you do not charge that for USA residents. As I understand 'free' in this case means that the service fee is already included in the price of the products.

Best regards,
Panu

--- End quote ---

This is certainly not the case. Once I get to the office today I will explain more fully. We apologize for any delay and we look forward to assisting you with a better shipping cost. Thank you for choosing MechanicalKeyboards.com!

pomk:
Thank you for the prompt response!

JPVann:
Bought a wonderful IKBC MF87 from them - had to wait 6 weeks for their next shipment.  Keyboard was wonderful but had an anomaly on the USB port - cable would not seat correctly.

I emailed them Monday and by Friday I had my replacement on its way via FedEx.  Everyone I dealt with was great, took ownership of the situation without question and were very professional and helpful.

I buy a tremendous amount of tech gear online.  These folks are as good as Amazon!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version