geekhack Marketplace > Drop

MiTo Canvas XDA - New Set on Massdrop

<< < (12/12)

fatpolomanjr:
This set is getting another run. I'd currently overspend for what I'm after, but knowing another drop is in the works, it might not be worth it.

thelaughingman:

--- Quote from: fatpolomanjr on Mon, 08 January 2018, 02:49:36 ---This set is getting another run. I'd currently overspend for what I'm after, but knowing another drop is in the works, it might not be worth it.

--- End quote ---

haha there is always a chance of re-run. MiTo's answer there is practically a "PC" one (politically correct). Until I see more detailed information, it will be just like saying "it's going to rain"  :p

HotRoderX:
I agree and didn't they say they wouldn't re run this set cause there where so many technical issues. Also that the QC was off the charts with more damage/unusable key's then was standard? Perhaps he saying in the future once the process becomes more refined and able. They will revisit the set and give it a nother shot. Cause I personally find the set to look amazing.. but everything I read pointed to it being insanely hard to produce.

fatpolomanjr:
I know MiTo was pessimistic about ever rerunning this set in the beginning. Why would he say the exact opposite now unless he were a little more confident in having a higher chance of success with fewer complications?

They turned around and were able to successfully manufacture and ship both the XDA Canvas planck and XDA Godspeed keysets in a timely fashion. Doesn't that imply the issues have been resolved to some degree? Now XDA Melon is in the works, and going through the same manufacturer as the other xda sets. It's not like the wait is anywhere near Signature Plastics SA queue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version