Author Topic: What's your smartphone ?  (Read 141167 times)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
Re: What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 20:04:46 »
Not a sheep.  Probably just can't afford it ;D

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 14 October 2012, 21:59:12 »
Baaaa baaaa.....LOL

Having a smartphone is not being a sheep.

If you do not have any need or desire to:
-send/receive email
-require mapping
-take photos/send photos
-be in touch via messaging (so you can send info without disturbing someone working/driving/etc)
-have the ultimate convenience of immediate online banking
-various other functions (some silly)

....you might live in a smaller town, don't go outside of your 'routine', are at home/office most of the day, don't require much interaction with anyone/anything outside of your immediate surroundings, have access to a computer, be over 50 years old, etc., which is all fine...and you don't really need a smartphone. If that were my life, I wouldn't need a smartphone either.

But at this point, within the last 3 years or so...I would say it's definitely an expectation that everyone has a smartphone, and it's an inconvenience to others that you don't. And I predict soon, very soon, having a smartphone will be virtually mandatory. This is the way of the world. We are getting close to the 'Star Trek' aspect of personal communications. I realize my iPhone is a mini-computer.

F..k Facebook! There is NO WAY I'm gonna expose my life to people from the past, or even people that I don't do other things with, to let them see what I'm doing, who I know, where I am. I know some people that 'update' their pages months later and with limited info...but it's just not my style. You share my life when you're in it, not when you're not. That's just me. Then again, I've gone out with lots of girls...so I have reason to be on the down low.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 October 2012, 22:09:08 by input nirvana »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 09:14:44 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 15:21:51 by davkol »

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 09:57:34 »
There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of love for the new kid on the block: Windows Phone 7

I remember my mobile phone history pretty well. First I had a Sagem (back when the whole network was being set up), Nokia 3310 (for 8 years), then a Nokia 5800 (worked great until a particularly cold winter messed up the contacts of the screen) and now a Nokia Lumia 800.

Love that last one by the way, especially since a few of the features like offline navigation have saved me a lot of time and money especially when I travel to another country. Could fo with a bit more battery life, but for now I think I will wait until the contract runs out and then buy it's successor.

Never really liked the whole iPhone interface (boring) and hated Android, because never does what I want and I manage to crash those phones all the time.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 21:39:22 »
BB 9930 - gotta have a full QWERTY keyboard on my phone....
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 09:19:31 »
And that's a shame they don't make phones with a full "sliding" keyboard anymore.
I liked Droid/Milestone for that ;)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 23:32:21 »
And that's a shame they don't make phones with a full "sliding" keyboard anymore.
I liked Droid/Milestone for that ;)
the newest droid has it i believe or at least one of the newer ones.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 06:54:38 »
I guess the last one is the Droid 4, right ? I didn't see it unlocked anywhere, and as they don't make Milestone (Global version of Droid) anymore, I'm kinda stuck ^^'

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 08:37:25 »
I'm using an iphone 5, its like my iphone4 but with a bigger screen and it dsnt run like ****.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 09:04:32 »
^ best phone :D

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 12:38:46 »
^ best phone :D

if your talking about the iphone 5, i probally is, but that makes me more sad than anything else

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 18 October 2012, 13:05:53 »
Still rocking the iPhone 3gs. Thinking about finally upgrading and getting a 5.
EC66 | MIYA

Offline tcv

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 17:33:23 »
Just bought my girlfriend the Galaxy S3.

Jealousy.

Offline imersa

• clickclack's #1 fan
What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 17:53:35 »
iPhone 4S here, hate that I got hooked to the OS/phone but couldn't change now.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 17:55:01 »
Still rocking the iPhone 3gs. Thinking about finally upgrading and getting a 5.
haven't used the 5, but the upgrade should be phenomenal for you considering the difference in the display... it will spoil you :P
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Lanx

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 18:41:49 »
current smartphone is a galaxy s3, old one was the first droid, cuz well this site is about keyboards and i wanted a "real" keyboard, but in order for that to happen i had to use an inferior android phone. I was really thinking about the droid4 then i just said screw it, i'll go full touchscreen (i've had an itouch and wife has iphone4, so i'm not foreign to it, i actually jailbreak em, so i'm quite familiar) and went with the Gs3, honestly if the Gs3 wasn't so kickass i'd go 4s or iphone5, but using wifes iphone4, it feels like a baby's toy, it's such an inferior smartphone now, about the typing, i do fine with swype, without swype android would suck. (if you have a gs3, make sure you're using swype and not the samsung version)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 18:45:10 »
using wifes iphone4, it feels like a baby's toy, it's such an inferior smartphone now

1% babies... what's next
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 19:37:23 »
haven't used the 5, but the upgrade should be phenomenal for you considering the difference in the display... it will spoil you :P

Yeah, I just spent 5 minutes using my aunts new 5... Dibs.
EC66 | MIYA

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 20:51:49 »
I'm using an iphone 5, its like my iphone4 but with a bigger screen and it dsnt run like ****.

mine is running like crap too.

and it gets treated like crap!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline ih8

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 23:07:54 »
3Gs with a broken ass screen....some how my old 3G was dropped countless times yet I managed to break the 3Gs screen twice withing 3 months of having it

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 05:26:14 »
Anyone willing to switch to Nexus 4 considering the (very) good price ? :)

I'm back to the One X, and I think I'll definitely keep it for awhile, as it suits me perfectly well !

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 07:26:42 »
Galaxy Note, Rooted and running CyanogenMod.  I love it, but I have awkwardly large hands.  It's not for everyone.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 14:55:43 »
Decided against the iPhone 5, and I upgraded to the HTC One X. Phone's amazing.
EC66 | MIYA

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 16:58:02 »
Good to read/hear that others like it. Even though it's less successful than the GS3, it definitely is a great phone ! :)

Offline vyshane

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 19:46:12 »
I'm using an iPhone 5. I kind of have to - my day job is iOS app development.

If I was not using an iPhone, I'd be very interested to pick up a Windows Phone 8 device. Android isn't that interesting to me. It's generally more of the same when compared to iOS.

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:00:58 »
I make my phones really last if I can.

So far: Siemens (POS) > Nokia 6610 > Nokia 6230i > Zte Blade (Current)

I'm after a phone with a full qwerty keyboard that runs some version on Linux/Android. I'm considering the N900.
Currently Using: Corsair K65 (MX Reds)
Own: IBM Model M | Logitech Illuminated | Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blues) [Waiting for Toxic] | Cherry D-91275

"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:15:52 »
I'm waiting for the galaxy note 2 to be released for verizon in a few weeks. I keep getting bigger and bigger phones!

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 21:53:00 »
Good to read/hear that others like it. Even though it's less successful than the GS3, it definitely is a great phone ! :)

It absolutely is, my buddy has the s2 skyrocket and his gf has the s3, they're great no doubt, but I just prefer the design and screen of the onex, and Ill never use all 16gb's, as I only stream music. So, it was a perfect choice for me.
EC66 | MIYA

Offline f4d3

What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 22:17:16 »
droid 1 > droid x > blackberry 8530 > iphone4 > iPhone 4S > galaxy nexus > iPhone 4S > iphone 5 > ?
I owned the droid1 two years ago so I can say I swapped phones every few months. I have the iphone 5 right now but I want the note 2.

Offline 1uckyNumb3r7

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 17:57:13 »
I have the Bionic. I liked it right up until the point when the OTA'd ICS... Since doing that update apps crash all the time, speaker phone doesn't work, YT app won't work, etc...

Took it to the Verizon store and all they can say is "When it does that just remove the battery and it'll reset itself and work fine." Seeing I have insurance on it I wanted to chuck it at the ground and ask if that was an easy way to remove the battery and reset it... But my luck they would refuse to honor the insurance at that point :D

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 18:01:35 »
I have the Bionic. I liked it right up until the point when the OTA'd ICS... Since doing that update apps crash all the time, speaker phone doesn't work, YT app won't work, etc...

Took it to the Verizon store and all they can say is "When it does that just remove the battery and it'll reset itself and work fine." Seeing I have insurance on it I wanted to chuck it at the ground and ask if that was an easy way to remove the battery and reset it... But my luck they would refuse to honor the insurance at that point :D

They would honor the insurance.  Insurance covers incidental damage as well as accidental.  Problem is you're stuck with the same damn kind of phone >.>

Used to work for the company, so I feel your plight.  The store reps can only do so much, and the same for L1 tech support.  Occasionally on abnormally busy days they put old-head L2 tech and customer support on the regular calls and you get people who will give you things to keep your business.

PS. Galaxy S III LTE
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 18:34:16 »
I've got the HTC Thunderbolt. It was Verizon's first 4G LTE phone. It had some issues with battery life which was later corrected by OTA updates. The RIL is very difficult for coders without the source from HTC, and so it never got official Cyanogenmod support. Development was really great for it for some time but then all the good developers like MikRoms and BAMF switched to other devices. Unrooted stock, the phone is pretty solid, despite the early issues with battery life. I originally wanted a phone with the screen size of an HTC EVO but with a snapdragon 2 processor, and this phone fit the bill, not to mention it came with a 32 gb sd card. I got the phone on launch day and still have it. I got bored with rooting and putting custom roms on it, especially when dev slowed down, so now it's just stock/unrooted. I paid for Best Buy's buy back plan, so when my contract runs up, I can sell back this phone to help get a better price on another phone. I don't know what phone I'll get next...
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline codymaust

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 20:54:08 »
Currently switching between an Incredible 2 (w/ ICS) and Incredible (w/ JellyBean)

My VZW contract ends in April, and I'm really considering the Nexus 4, just for the fact that it's a really nice contract free phone.

If not the Nexus 4 it will be between the Note 2 and the Galaxy SIII though

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 21:03:25 »
Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 21:23:02 »
I use the iPhone 5. because im a robot.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 21:39:18 »
I use the iPhone 5. because im a robot.

A trendy robot
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 21:40:44 »
Changes on a regular basis.  RAZR HD MAXX atm.
Russ

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 21:41:00 »
Currently using a Nokia E71, but planning to upgrade to a Lumia 810 next month with tmobile ^^
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 21:51:43 »
I want a Droid 4 but i cant get it with my carrier.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 23:12:11 »
U.S. Cellular?
Russ

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 23:14:52 »

Offline llovro

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 11:26:56 »
Sony erricsson walkman (I dont know exectly which model it is) followed by samsung weave 730 (really bad phone) and currently I have samsung galaxy note which is über awesome.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 February 2013, 11:48:51 by llovro »

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 12:29:27 »
iPhone 5

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 13:35:15 »
Droid 4

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 16:45:22 »
iPhone 4S. Perfectly happy with it until The 5S comes out (when I'll be eligible for an upgrade).

Offline Harlequin

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 17:10:51 »
I started with iphone 3gs but now i use Samsung Galaxy Nexus..

tried both ios and android and i definitely prefer android now.

DK Saver Winkeyless | Leopold FC700R | Ducky DK9087 Shine 2

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 18:53:18 »
iPhones are the best for phones because I've had a 4s for a couple years now, and it's just never crashed, AT ALL. However before this phone I had an HTC Incredible which crashed constantly. To me, a phone needs.... to run. You need to be able to um. You know. Receive phone calls?

Just got a Nexus 7 however and truly the tablet experience is superior on Android.  Much more freedom and customization.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 20:06:31 »
S III + Cyanogenmod + KT Kernel

I love it!

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 20:30:59 »
Galaxy S3 with AOKP http://aokp.co/
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 00:27:02 »
Android android android androidandroid android android android android android Samsung Samsung Samsung Samsung sanding Samsung Samsung swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe away away away away away.  Galaxy galaxy galaxy galaxy galaxy galaxy iii iii iii iii
SmallFry! <3