Author Topic: What's your smartphone ?  (Read 141517 times)

Offline wuqe

Re: What's your smartphone ?
« Reply #650 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 15:54:35 »
I'm on a Galaxy S, resisting obsolescence by running Android 4.3.

Offline padath

« Reply #651 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 18:02:46 »
I've got a Nexus 4 and am currently resisting the temptation to swap it for a Nexus 5.

Looking forward to the Android 4.4 upgrade...

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #652 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 00:16:03 »
Swapped my 16gb Nexus 4 for a 32gb Nexus 5 this week. Way more impressed with the attention to the exterior and Android 4.4.

I feel that the Nexus 4 has a nicer design. I'm not digging the slated Nexus logo tbh. But I can see the front of the Nexus 5 looks nicer tho.

It's just a blank piece of glass, just like the Nexus 4. And Gnex..

gnex screen isn't nice. I've seen it before. and yes it's a blank piece of glass. talking bout the positioning of the camera's & proximity sensors and such. speaking of that, LG's making quality products lately, & it's not just the Nexus series.

What are you talking about, for it's time the Gnex had an absolutely gorgeous screen. Hell, it's still nice. I have one. Over saturated and all that, but I like it. Dem deep blacks.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #653 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 01:31:00 »
Swapped my 16gb Nexus 4 for a 32gb Nexus 5 this week. Way more impressed with the attention to the exterior and Android 4.4.

I feel that the Nexus 4 has a nicer design. I'm not digging the slated Nexus logo tbh. But I can see the front of the Nexus 5 looks nicer tho.

It's just a blank piece of glass, just like the Nexus 4. And Gnex..

gnex screen isn't nice. I've seen it before. and yes it's a blank piece of glass. talking bout the positioning of the camera's & proximity sensors and such. speaking of that, LG's making quality products lately, & it's not just the Nexus series.

What are you talking about, for it's time the Gnex had an absolutely gorgeous screen. Hell, it's still nice. I have one. Over saturated and all that, but I like it. Dem deep blacks.

Owned the gnex, then the Nexus 4, and now the Nexus 5. The 5 feels so good in the hand, much better than either predecessor.

The design on the 4 was great, but was really slippery and fragile.

The gnex screen was good, but since it's not my main screen (desktop, IPS), I've stopped caring about perfect screen color. It's all about form factor!
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 August 2014, 10:48:25 by evolveS »
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #654 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 02:05:27 »
I agree. I will be picking up the Nexus 5 in a few weeks. I stayed away from the Nexus 4 because of the glass back, and my Gnex still does the job. But having a 5 inch IPS display would be nice, as well as that Snapdragon 800.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline ahmadmzak

« Reply #655 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 06:55:07 »
Still using my Galaxy Nexus. Waiting for my sister to mail me my Nexus 5 :)

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #656 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 07:07:20 »
Using the Nexus 4 now, can't justify the cost to upgrade becuase I love it so much!
Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/ Browns + White LEDs

Offline yester64

« Reply #657 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 12:59:24 »
I agree. I will be picking up the Nexus 5 in a few weeks. I stayed away from the Nexus 4 because of the glass back, and my Gnex still does the job. But having a 5 inch IPS display would be nice, as well as that Snapdragon 800.

Did not had any problems so far with the glass. I have it since it came out and i got me a protective case for it. But i don't use any screen protector. Its good enough and no scratch so far. But i really hate the battery on the nexus. If you really use it the battery does not stay well.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline osi

« Reply #658 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 13:05:09 »
Currently typing this on my BlackBerry Q10. I've had plenty of android phones and an iphone 4s.

:D

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #659 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 15:09:00 »
Got my nexus 5 a few days ago. Couldn't be happier with it!
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline jmchargue

« Reply #660 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 16:33:45 »
Current plan is to ditch the smart phone, pick up a wireless hotspot with a plan, and use an iPod touch with iMessage for everything. Then maybe have a flip razor for standard texts with a super cheap data plan.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #661 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 17:11:54 »
[snip] I really love having the full qwerty physical keyboard.
Show Image

Mine's red. Same phone. A good choice, and I'll be sad when I'm finally forced to use a silly touch screen phone.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline synerr

« Reply #662 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 17:14:33 »
Got my nexus 5 a few days ago. Couldn't be happier with it!

Same.  Plain, unassuming, reasonably priced and capable.  Don't like hang outs and refuse google+ integration.  Too much disclosure.
Press any key to continue, any other key to quit.

Offline Dude

• Thwock!
« Reply #663 on: Sat, 07 December 2013, 17:22:11 »
I'm on a rooted Verizon S4 running a Kit Kat Cyanogenmod build. It's quite nice.

Realforce 87U Tenkeyless

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #664 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 09:23:00 »
I use an iPhone 5. Flog me to death if you want but it's quite handy and fun, especially with iOS 7.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #665 on: Sun, 08 December 2013, 16:04:58 »
Well, little update on my side, as I haven't been swapping all that much in the past few months.
I'm on a BlackBerry Z10 since April, which I absolutely love, even though it has its quirks and lacks.
And I should soon receive my Jolla, which I'm really looking forward to!

Not really as much of an Android enthusiast as I used to be, I'm really used to all-swipe UIs now, and I can not stand using buttons anymore!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #666 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 03:23:06 »
I use an iPhone 5. Flog me to death if you want but it's quite handy and fun, especially with iOS 7.

I love my 5 !

Offline Saviant

« Reply #667 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 05:40:18 »
I am running a iPhone 5s, decided to upgrade my old 4s so handed it down to my mum.

Offline joostflux

• Cars, computers, anime, and keyboards
« Reply #668 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 12:10:11 »
Currently on a Galaxy S2 running CM 10.2 and this is my 59th phone that I have owned. When I was still in high school and definitely into college I was a BIG phone switcher. Now, my need/want to move has kept me content for now.

Endgame? There is no endgame.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #669 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 12:26:06 »

I love my 5 !

Yes, so do I. I'm also considering getting some of the iWork apps. I can finish computer mocks or exams right in the middle of recess, or continue working on documents at various other places thanks to iCloud and Microsoft Office compatibility. Sounds like amazing workflow. Write on a document, gotta leave, keep writing on the train/in the car (I don't drive it, if you were wondering) or when I've arrived. Then, I save the document in the cloud and load it when I get home and keep working.  ;D
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Dude

• Thwock!
« Reply #670 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 12:30:09 »

I have no problems with iPhones.  I think they're great devices, and I often find myself jealous of all the great games they get before I do!

I almost switched from Android to an iPhone a little while ago, but I found that personally I like to tinker with my phone too much to use an iPhone.  I know lots of my colleagues are tired of tinkering and want something that "just works", and the iPhone is perfect for that.

Realforce 87U Tenkeyless

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #671 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 14:30:28 »
I just got myself a Nexus 5, really pleased with it. the camera is actually really good, despite all the reviews saying otherwise.
Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline Canious

« Reply #672 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:13:50 »
Currently using galaxy note 3 from at&t with rooted. Once you go big, you can't go small  :thumb:

Offline Nojo

« Reply #673 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 22:17:27 »
Using HTC One X, still going strong but so tempted to upgrade to newer model  :confused:

Offline synerr

« Reply #674 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 00:27:30 »
I just got myself a Nexus 5, really pleased with it. the camera is actually really good, despite all the reviews saying otherwise.

I found the camera to be 'ok' but then again had nothing better to compare it against.  Did notice that I had to take some close shots multiple times to get a sharp picture from left to right but was blaming my shaky hands.  Let's see what this morning .2 update holds in store.  The changes listed included camera fixes.
Press any key to continue, any other key to quit.

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #675 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 20:36:47 »

4.4.1 has major updates for the camera.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline DIYEyal

« Reply #676 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 14:18:10 »
I have the oppo find 5, at first the oppo skin was a bummer and I used nova luncher until a stable CyanogenMod came and improved my experience a lot!
Main PC: 8350 @4.7GHz 1.35v, 990FX Sabertooth, GTX 780, 2X8GB Kingston beast 2133 CL10, Xonar DX, Seasonic 660 Platinum, Neutron GT 128GB, 1TB WD black, 500GB WD blue
NAS (ex main RIG): P55-UD4P, i3-530, LSI 9240-8i (got it on sale), 4x 3TB WD red, Intel I350-T2, 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz, GTX 560 (folding), Intel 320 SSD 60GB
Phone: Oppo find 5 32GB black (CyanogenMod)
No notebook (don't need one), I plan to buy a tablet (probably Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition)

Offline Stevenator21

« Reply #677 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 14:52:33 »
Current plan is to ditch the smart phone, pick up a wireless hotspot with a plan, and use an iPod touch with iMessage for everything. Then maybe have a flip razor for standard texts with a super cheap data plan.

You might want to look into FreedomPop. It sounds perfect for what you are going for with the iPod Touch.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL w/ Browns + White LEDs

Offline n0rdlad

« Reply #678 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 05:21:34 »
Cheap Galaxy mini.. If I smash it Ill just get a new one. Doesnt tend to crash as its like the classic mac of smart phones..
- Filco MJ2 104 MX Brown -

Offline Pro542

• tis but a scratch
« Reply #679 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 05:41:40 »
I use a jailbroken iPhone 3GS. Has the stuff I need, except a good camera..

Has anyone used the Vivaz Pro? I love the feel of the keyboard on that thing  :D
"CM QFR Cherry MX Black (branded)" title="CM QFR Cherry MX Black (branded)" CM QFR Cherry MX Black (branded)

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #680 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:18:52 »
Nexus 4 formerly.
Nexus 5 now  :thumb:

Stay bloat free Droids.
Nexus leads the way.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:19:18 by the1onewolf »

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #681 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:17:55 »
I've only recently even got a phone so i'm not much of a swapper. I've had a iPhone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy Nexus (currently using). I kind of regret both of them, i've had to get my galaxy nexus replaced 4 times. :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #682 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:27:42 »
Nokia 700. It has drive me from Indianapolis to Atlanta with its Drive App, literally, no internet connection needed. Has worked in Mexico just swapping the SIM. Has keep me communicated with my family while abroad using Skype and the hotel's WiFi with no extra LD bills. It fits the small square right pocket in my Levi's. The music and video player are decent. Its camera is its Aquile's but nobody is perfect. And it was just 150 at Amazon. What else I can ask in a phone?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #683 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:34:15 »
Right now a Galaxy S4 on Tmobile. This is my first Samsung phone so I can't speak for any of their other phones, but I love the S4.
It has the best camera I have ever used on a cellphone.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 December 2013, 02:48:04 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline adion227

« Reply #684 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 23:22:59 »
Got a Galaxy S4 on Sprint. Sprint sux but whatever :| I'm running Slim Rom (kit kat) and it's super smooth.

Offline insomniak

« Reply #685 on: Mon, 30 December 2013, 02:31:00 »
LG G2. Loving every hardware specs to the phone. Now it'd be 100% if I could run Sense on it

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #686 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 15:11:23 »
Russ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #688 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 17:15:25 »
Well, 2014 has come, and with it is that "little" beast, Nokia Lumia 1520 :

I've only got it for a few days, and the change is big, not only in size but mostly in the user experience. I'm enjoying it, but it still feels like going back / downgrading because of having to use buttons again. I guess all-touch / swipe phones are the next big thing, however going from the Z10 / Jolla to anything else feels weird.
Nevertheless, I really like my Lumia ! :D

Offline n7

« Reply #689 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 00:38:40 »
I've had an HTC One M7 for almost a year. I bought it when the phone was released last year, after following its development for a while. I mostly just wanted a phone with a 1080p display, and HTC phones are generally really good about being [easily] hackable. Running a build of PAC on it (Cyanogenmod with Paranoid Android and AOKP tweaks) and have been pretty pleased with it, in spite of the lack of SD card slot.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #690 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 09:27:03 »
The PAC ROM's are great, probably the best out there.

Offline n7

« Reply #691 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 10:54:52 »
The PAC ROM's are great, probably the best out there.
Yeah, I love CM and the per-app DPI settings are something I've decided I can't live without. I only actually use them on a few apps but it makes a world of difference.

I haven't really found a use for HALO that makes sense for me though. It seems more gimmicky than useful. 

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #692 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 12:04:19 »
I always disable Halo. It would cause my N7 to lag and sometimes freeze up, and it's just not useful enough for the hassle. But the DPI settings and system tweaks are very nice.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #693 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 12:08:29 »
I use a jailbroken iPhone 3GS. Has the stuff I need, except a good camera..

Has anyone used the Vivaz Pro? I love the feel of the keyboard on that thing  :D
Show Image

I think very few if any is using this kind of phone nowadays. I have never had a phone like this, when available they seem to be to thick and heavy, however the new on-screen boards are sufficient for the occasional text-er, I suppose some heavy use of text input may be a little award though.

Offline kravlin

• Look for me on IRC
« Reply #694 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 21:55:28 »
I don't really care for a physical board anymore, but i still know a person or two where it's a dealbreaker. Not entirely sure why, as you're stuck with one design with a physical (and there are some funky cool alternative ones.

Offline Hull

• I like everything with great quality and soul.
« Reply #695 on: Fri, 07 February 2014, 22:18:08 »
Well, 2014 has come, and with it is that "little" beast, Nokia Lumia 1520 :

Show Image

I've only got it for a few days, and the change is big, not only in size but mostly in the user experience. I'm enjoying it, but it still feels like going back / downgrading because of having to use buttons again. I guess all-touch / swipe phones are the next big thing, however going from the Z10 / Jolla to anything else feels weird.
Nevertheless, I really like my Lumia ! :D

That is one shiny thing..... looks like something from a distant future.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #696 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 04:07:28 »
Man the nokias look so ****ing good... Holy ****, I just hate the fact they come with such a ****ty OS...

Offline mindoculus

« Reply #697 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 10:11:42 »
Note 3 with protective case. No ROMS. No need really.

Note has 3 gigs of RAM and uber-fast CPU/GPU so there is no discernible effect of the Wiz bloat on performance.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #698 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 09:16:31 »
iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.3 evasi0n jailbreak.
Waiting to be shipped: Nexus 5, going to root, flash elementalX kernel and cataclysm rom.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #699 on: Wed, 12 February 2014, 09:50:18 »
I've been more or less forced to develop something for Android, but there aren't any (decent) new ~3" phones, hence I'm stuck with SE Xperia Mini, which doesn't receive any software updates anymore, apart from the LegacyXperia project.