Author Topic: Keyboard pixel art things.  (Read 1429901 times)

Offline bexleycorona

Re: Keyboard pixel art things.
« Reply #1250 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 18:03:23 »
Hi guys, could someone help me out with these?

I tried making one and although my mother said it's the best drawing she has ever seen I would like something a little more refined.

I switched out the spacebars after I took the picture.

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 June 2014, 17:47:00 by bexleycorona »

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline HairyBob

• but my name isn't Robert
« Reply #1251 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 18:07:44 »

I tried making one and although my mother said it's the best drawing she has ever seen I would like something a little more refined.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I like your signature a lot. I doubt these ametuers can produce something that even begins to compare. Stick with your current sig, it's sweet.

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1252 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:42:18 »
think you could do one for me? :sarcasm:It should be super easy:sarcasm: ... lulz
Show Image

I tried.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1253 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:55:44 »
think you could do one for me? :sarcasm:It should be super easy:sarcasm: ... lulz
Show Image

I tried.

Show Image

sweet. Do you make these in a large size and then resize them smaller or what? I've always wondered how pixel art is made

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1254 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:58:50 »
Show Image

I tried.

Show Image

sweet. Do you make these in a large size and then resize them smaller or what? I've always wondered how pixel art is made
Nope, I'm extremely zoomed in and drawing the individual pixel :)

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1255 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 08:03:34 »
Show Image

I tried.

Show Image

what is your PPI rating and image size for a keyboard?

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1256 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 08:06:02 »
Show Image

I tried.

Show Image

what is your PPI rating and image size for a keyboard?
It depends on the board I guess, I'm just editing someone else version of the QFR sprite :)
I think you're giving me too much credit hehe.

I don't know what you mean by "PPI rating"?

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1257 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 09:23:14 »

Pixels Per Inch

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1258 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 09:24:29 »

Pixels Per Inch
I'm like zoomed in 1500% in PhotoShop

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1259 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 09:32:02 »

and this is what I meant (highlighted area)
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 09:36:29 by tigersharkdude »

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1260 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 09:43:15 »
Show Image

and this is what I meant (highlighted area)
Show Image

Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up :)

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1261 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 09:50:33 »
Ahh okay, thanks for clearing that up :)

I use a handful of programs and for the longest time it was "pixels per inch" and in the last few years they changed nearly everything to "resolution", I still like PPI because if you ask people what resolution they have they will usually say a megapixel number

Offline captain

« Reply #1262 on: Mon, 16 June 2014, 20:37:25 »
Didn't we used to have a webapp that would "make" your keyboard icon from choices you could select?
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1263 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 13:08:58 »
could someone do ones for these bad boys;

Offline omnigeek

« Reply #1264 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 14:40:12 »
For your consideration -- maybe these have been done before, but I wasn't going to sift through 43 pages of posts to find out for sure...  ;D

Omnikey Ultra (non-T):

Omnikey 102 w/inverted T:

Avant Stellar:

I believe these are all anatomically correct, but I don't have the 102 in front of me right now to make sure.

[Edit - fixing the backgrounds]
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 June 2014, 20:27:33 by omnigeek »
Northgate Omnikey Ultra rebuilt w/Matias clickies | Northgate Omnikey 102 | Avant Stellar | [/url]Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1265 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 23:57:47 »

Show Image

Show Image

Anyone? Por favor?

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1266 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 03:26:57 »

Show Image

Show Image

Anyone? Por favor?

Maybe these ...

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1267 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 05:12:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

I made the first one.

Hope you like it.

« Last Edit: Sun, 22 June 2014, 05:37:26 by Frenir »

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1268 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 15:37:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

Anyone? Por favor?

Maybe these ...

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Sir, you have officially dethroned the masterpiece in my signature.

If it's not too much trouble can the spacebars also be switched to match the rest of the keys?

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1269 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 16:48:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Anyone? Por favor?

Maybe these ...

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

If it's not too much trouble can the spacebars also be switched to match the rest of the keys?
Keep the beautiful drawing in the sig, I beg you!

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1270 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 16:50:01 »
anybody got a template for the F-122 and ANSI F-121? OP doesn't have those

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1271 on: Sun, 22 June 2014, 22:43:30 »
anybody got a template for the F-122 and ANSI F-121? OP doesn't have those

There were some, but the images (earlier in this thread) have been lost.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1272 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 04:40:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

I made the first one.

Hope you like it.

Show Image

That's great thanks

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1273 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 05:12:55 »

As requested :)

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #1274 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 05:32:39 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1275 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 06:03:28 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it!

You are most welcome :D

Offline bianco

« Reply #1276 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 09:23:17 »
finally found time to work on my own lightsaver

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1277 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 09:36:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

I like that you included the cable.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1278 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 10:02:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

I like that you included the cable.

yeah, i figured it would be a good idea to include since most of bunny's sets include that option.

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #1279 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 10:36:10 »
i did some searching, but didn't come up with anything for either a kmac mini or happy. the happy i suppose you could use a hhkb and tweak it a bit, but the mini  is a pretty unusual layout.
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1280 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 14:47:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

FFFuuuu... too good...

Offline n2k

• plasticchair
    • donate skins pls
« Reply #1281 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 07:01:06 »
Making them is actually fun!

Here's my first one.

(spacebar plastidip wore off)

Offline gustavQ

« Reply #1282 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 09:24:10 »
Hey guys,

is there any Apple Extended Keyboard II and Apple Keyboard (M0116) pixel miniatures? I did not find them on the wiki.

Are you using some specific software for pixel drawing to do the miniatures, or is just some sort of graphic editor like photoshop?

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #1283 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 16:14:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

This board is 3000% awesome.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1284 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 18:09:09 »
Hey guys,

is there any Apple Extended Keyboard II and Apple Keyboard (M0116) pixel miniatures? I did not find them on the wiki.

Are you using some specific software for pixel drawing to do the miniatures, or is just some sort of graphic editor like photoshop?

There was - looks like it was lost in the crash.

I use GIMP (I tried PixelMator, but the old version I have is a bit weird, I probably just need to get used to it).

Offline steven gallagher

« Reply #1285 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 03:58:24 »
Searched the forum for CM Storm Quickfire Stealth with no outcome, then made this:

Hope you like it  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 June 2014, 06:33:18 by steven gallagher »

CM Storm Quickfire Stealth

Offline napalmbrain

• Formerly known as xibu
  • Hi.
    • Personal Site
« Reply #1286 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 10:02:30 »
Just in case anyone is still looking at this thread making these, here's mine: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35152.msg1391671#msg1391671

Much thanks in advance =]
Poker II for life.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1287 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 10:27:58 »
Just in case anyone is still looking at this thread making these, here's mine: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35152.msg1391671#msg1391671

Much thanks in advance =]

I made you one

Offline napalmbrain

• Formerly known as xibu
  • Hi.
    • Personal Site
« Reply #1288 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 10:34:11 »
I made you one

Show Image

Great scott that was fast! That looks absolutely great. Thank you for that. I'd give you a cookie if I could.
Poker II for life.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1289 on: Sun, 13 July 2014, 09:58:26 »
same keyboard, different keycaps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1290 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 05:47:42 »
Nicely done!

Although to my (sometimes overly) critical eye, maybe the modifiers could be a shade darker?

Offline bianco

« Reply #1291 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 06:38:42 »
Nicely done!

Although to my (sometimes overly) critical eye, maybe the modifiers could be a shade darker?

thank you, and you're right... i did make it a bit lighter as it blended with the outline.
i'll play around with it a little bit, see how it goes. :))

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #1292 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 08:21:56 »
Found the dox (thank you CommunistWitchDr) and recolored it. Can't find ISO version for Rosewill RK-9000, could someone do that for me  :-*

Quick horrible pic: 70765-0

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #1293 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:47:09 »
Found the dox (thank you CommunistWitchDr) and recolored it. Can't find ISO version for Rosewill RK-9000, could someone do that for me  :-*

Quick horrible pic: (Attachment Link)

Made two versions, one with letters one without letters... I am very new into this...
But I hope you like it!

« Last Edit: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:53:33 by Franatic89 »

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #1294 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:53:37 »

Quick horrible pic: (Attachment Link)

Made two versions, one with letters one without letters... I am very new into this...
But I hope you like it!

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you! I like it very much  ;D

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #1295 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 20:56:14 »
Could someone make a G80-3700 numpad?

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #1296 on: Fri, 18 July 2014, 23:45:03 »
My gimp skills are not up to par when working on small pixel perfect images. I have seen a lot of people with these pictures and some text added on (ex: Frenir above me). Is there any chance someone could take the HHKB picture and add

Code: [Select]
HHKB Type-S
Bluetooth
TMK Firmware

below it?

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #1297 on: Sat, 19 July 2014, 02:53:35 »
Could someone make a G80-3700 numpad?

tried it...

Offline Fnzzy