Author Topic: Truly Ergonomic Refund  (Read 7933 times)

Offline Tracer

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« on: Wed, 30 March 2011, 13:37:57 »
Well, I had enough and requested a refund from TE.

(doesn't help I'm getting married and those weddings are expensive :)

I got the full refund no problem.
I responded telling them that my main reason for requesting the refund was their complete lack of PAYING customer communication. Two emails in six months. They have a blog, they should use it.

I still hope TE produces their board. When they do, I will be happy to pay the full $200.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2011, 13:41:20 by Tracer »

Offline appie747

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 15:55:36 »
In Holland we have a saying: "no news is good news...", well not in this case! They should get something online about their product. Still, they do give refunds so it's obviously not a hoax....
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline Lanx

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 18:37:45 »
Like... is it so difficult to make a TrulyERgonomic Youtube account, Upload a 1min working demo from an iphone? That really is about as basic as you can get.

Offline rantenki

• http://armyofevilrobots.com/
Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 March 2011, 22:39:50 »
Quote from: appie747;322186
In Holland we have a saying: "no news is good news...", well not in this case! They should get something online about their product. Still, they do give refunds so it's obviously not a hoax....

Maybe they only refund people who post on forums...

Offline neo

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 April 2011, 17:18:59 »
Quote from: rantenki;322495

I am guessing they will continue to honor refunds as long as new orders outnumber refund requests.

Offline shrap

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 April 2011, 11:28:26 »
Quote from: rantenki;322495

Is there anyone who asked for a refund and didn't get it? Delays suck but there's no evidence they're taking the money and disappearing.

Offline JBert

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 02 April 2011, 17:13:47 »
Cue the conspiracy theorists stating it is a Ponzi scheme in 3...2...1...
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline milh_cbt

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 10 April 2011, 07:21:37 »
I have been asking for refund, but not answered.

Offline appie747

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 10 April 2011, 11:33:12 »
Quote from: milh_cbt;327846
I have been asking for refund, but not answered.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001242000979

This is the man who won't give you your money back! Or maybe he will soon?
Kinesis Freestyle Incline (work), Compaq MX 11800 (browns), AlphaGrip AG-5 FOR SALE! (home)

Offline milh_cbt

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 15 April 2011, 03:57:09 »
I Just got a reply
Dear xxxxx,

This emailis to provide you with an update during our pre-production phase of the TrulyErgonomic Keyboard.

Images and Videos:

We arepleased to let you know that we have received pre-production models, havecaptured a set of images, and have uploaded them to our website for you toreview them at your leisure. These images can be viewed by following the new'Gallery' link on our website at www.trulyergonomic.com

Wehave also updated all keyboard images throughout our website.

Weare currently creating a simple video to demonstrate the major advantages of theTruly Ergonomic Keyboard, and to contrast it with conventional keyboards andother ergonomic keyboards. We will upload this video to our website oncefinalized.

Manufacturing updates:

Patience is avirtue, and fortunately we have all had plenty of it. The good news is thateverything is heading forward, and that the light at the end of the tunnel isfinally within reach (small as a sub-atomic particle, but it is there).

Favourably for everyone, our manufacturer is as perfectionist aswe are; seems we all want to manufacture and deliver a first-rate product withthe highest quality possible. With the only inconvenience being that thisperfection takes longer than we'd all expected, and so the unpredicted deliverydelays.

Estimated Delivery date:

As youalready might know, we unfortunately have experienced manufacturing hurdleswhich were out of our control where we were keen to avoid any circumstancesunder which the quality of the shipped Truly Ergonomic Keyboard might be viewedas unsatisfactory. We thank you again to accept these delays as being prudent.

Everything is well and according to plan except the estimateddelivery date; we realize that initial delivery dates we gave you arrivedprematurely given third-party hurdles which we failed to anticipate. Weapologize and thank you once again for your support.

We willcontact you again when we have specific information regarding the delivery dateof your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard. We offer our sincere gratitude or your patience and for yourcontinuous interest in the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard.

Please send usan email should you have any questions or require additionalinformation.

Regards,
The Truly Ergonomicteam

Offline milh_cbt

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 07 May 2011, 09:10:55 »
I asked refund few weeks ago, don't have respond till now

Offline Andy Goteroff

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 13:42:07 »
I just got my Truly Ergonomic keyboard in the mail yesterday!  It looks and feels sweet. Very high quality.   != Vaporgear.  I'll report later.  I'll learn Colemak on it.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 13:58:12 »
Nice to hear good news for a change. Look forward to pics and reviews.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 14:35:24 »
Architect?

Quote from: Andy Goteroff;470700
I just got my Truly Ergonomic keyboard in the mail yesterday!  It looks and feels sweet. Very high quality.   != Vaporgear.  I'll report later.  I'll learn Colemak on it.
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline CeeSA

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 14:43:42 »
we need pics!

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 14:47:54 »
You might be in for a wait.  I'm aware of 3 posts in 3 forums - I doubt we'll see him back for at least a couple of days.  Don't want to be rude in case I'm wrong, but I suspect he works for TE.

Offline Input Nirvana

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 14:55:03 »
Quote from: hoggy;470758
You might be in for a wait.  I'm aware of 3 posts in 3 forums - I doubt we'll see him back for at least a couple of days.  Don't want to be rude in case I'm wrong, but I suspect he works for TE.

If he works for TE, he needs to come clean, claim it, work on the positives, damage control the negatives. That would mean being up front. Not about the details of the delay, but about the current business model.

No one likes a shill.

Then again, once the keyboard is delivered, I predict the inner-workings of the poor start-up will be forgotten now that the world has a product to play with. Wether it's one keyboard or a hundred, the fervor will die down to that of a Smartboard or similar.

Depending on the final reviews, I may want to cut one in half, or, for fun, copy the keyboard down to it's last little fault. That would be a good training project for Team Geekhack.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 14:59:32 »
Funnily enough, I was ready to forgive and forget, less sure now.

Offline Lanx

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 15:23:48 »
he's very trolly look at his overclock post
http://www.overclock.net/t/860603/the-trulyergonomic-mechnical-keyboard/30

so this guy bumps 2 very outdated TE posts... why not just respond in the current TE threads?

Offline Input Nirvana

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 15:28:51 »
Quote from: Lanx;470787

so this guy bumps 2 very outdated TE posts... why not just respond in the current TE threads?

Borderline scammers clinging by their fingernails are not very honest, smart and are used to hiding.

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 16:05:06 »
Quote from: Lanx;470787

Probably dealing with the bookmarked threads first.  I'm sure he's been here before...

Offline Lanx

Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 16:51:06 »
Quote from: hoggy;470807
Probably dealing with the bookmarked threads first.  I'm sure he's been here before...

he joined today, just to make that post. click profile will tell all.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Truly Ergonomic Refund
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 14 December 2011, 17:07:01 »
Quote from: hoggy;470807

Quote from: Lanx;470830
he joined today, just to make that post. click profile will tell all.

Yes, but these 2 statements are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens