Author Topic: Post your clacks!  (Read 7920751 times)

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Re: Post your clacks!
« Reply #20150 on: Fri, 20 March 2020, 07:22:06 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20151 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 18:35:55 »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20152 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 18:48:53 »
Show Image

what board is that?

Based on his signature, it's probably a Lubrigante, which is an Alice-layout style acrylic keyboard case.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #20153 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 19:34:46 »
Show Image

what board is that?

It's a 3d printed Alice case with project keyboard PCB and plate.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20154 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 15:24:23 »
 :D Some buckling goodness for y'all  :cool:

Happy hump day; hope you're all safe and well :thumb:

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #20155 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 09:55:25 »
Happy with my set of Sky Dolch with my refresh New Poker II (Type C) - Just swapped switches on it w/ 205g0 lubed Gat Ink Blacks and Milk Topped Gat Yellows
This is the first board that I had the pleasure of learning how to de-solder and reminded me of why I used to love to solder (therapeutic imo).
Now just to have a cable made or make one myself to fit the color theme for the board and the case's paint work (I'm a rattle can warrior - love painting things as much as I love sticker all the things)
Also if anyone knows of a Artisan cap that would match the theme better than the 4/21 ShiShi I am currently using, it would be highly appreciated  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 April 2020, 09:58:26 by Darthbaggins »

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20156 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 13:19:40 »
Happy with my set of Sky Dolch with my refresh New Poker II (Type C) - Just swapped switches on it w/ 205g0 lubed Gat Ink Blacks and Milk Topped Gat Yellows
This is the first board that I had the pleasure of learning how to de-solder and reminded me of why I used to love to solder (therapeutic imo).
Now just to have a cable made or make one myself to fit the color theme for the board and the case's paint work (I'm a rattle can warrior - love painting things as much as I love sticker all the things)
Also if anyone knows of a Artisan cap that would match the theme better than the 4/21 ShiShi I am currently using, it would be highly appreciated  :thumb:

Haha, I think you might be confused but this thread is for posting photos of keys made by clickclack / Clack Factory. You may have thought "clacks" as a generic term for keyboards. Board looks neat, though -- for an artisan I'd advise a Sky Dolch Fugu by Nightcaps.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #20157 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 18:32:05 »

Haha, I think you might be confused but this thread is for posting photos of keys made by clickclack / Clack Factory. You may have thought "clacks" as a generic term for keyboards. Board looks neat, though -- for an artisan I'd advise a Sky Dolch Fugu by Nightcaps.

> In Clack thread

> Posts board looking for artisan cap recommendations

> Clacks are not recommended
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20158 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 21:11:38 »

> In Clack thread

That's a mostly dark, cruel path

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20159 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 21:18:30 »
only masochists collect clacks lmao
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20160 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 21:42:42 »

> In Clack thread

Honestly I would not recommend Clacks to collect, it's an almost impossible task these days. Ya gotta schmooze a lot, and ya gotta know the right people, 2nd market prices have a high entry level price, and it's usually some huge hassle of a deal. I think the prices are about leveled out and don't see them climbing any higher than currently. The people who know are comfortable with current prices, and new collector's are too daunted by the concept of obtaining these mythical Clacks. Pair that with CC's total absence over the last 14 months there's no more hype surrounding them that isn't residual.

It sucks all the new keyboard enthusiasts may never have a chance at participating in the craziness that is a 4Grabs or see a Clack irl. They hype of Clickclack and 4Grabs events are undeniably one of the foundation bricks that helped build GH.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20161 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 22:27:26 »
Honestly I would not recommend Clacks to collect, it's an almost impossible task these days. Ya gotta schmooze a lot, and ya gotta know the right people, 2nd market prices have a high entry level price, and it's usually some huge hassle of a deal. I think the prices are about leveled out and don't see them climbing any higher than currently. The people who know are comfortable with current prices, and new collector's are too daunted by the concept of obtaining these mythical Clacks. Pair that with CC's total absence over the last 14 months there's no more hype surrounding them that isn't residual.

It sucks all the new keyboard enthusiasts may never have a chance at participating in the craziness that is a 4Grabs or see a Clack irl. They hype of Clickclack and 4Grabs events are undeniably one of the foundation bricks that helped build GH.

So about the total absence and the craziness...  ;)

(I agree for the most part anyway)

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #20162 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 22:38:29 »

> In Clack thread

one of the biggest ones in my perspective is the amount of almost indistinguishable fakes out there. it almost prohibits you from considering single shot clacks (the most faked by far), so that leaves you with doubles/tris, which are even more elusive

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20163 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 22:41:41 »
u can quite easily tell fakes from the real deal if u know what ur looking for and the seller gives macro shots of the sides, there's some pretty subtle tells that are hard to replicate at least for mx

best to consult the clack syndicate
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20164 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 23:09:26 »

So about the total absence and the craziness...  ;)

(I agree for the most part anyway)

Well blow me down with a feather!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #20165 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 23:11:08 »
sadly a lot of fakes are pretty close, and there's no way you can tell from a photo or even having them in hand.  maybe the only way you can tell if the color is off, but you'd only be able to tell if you've seen those colors in person before, and most of the time you can't tell from people's photos because of camera/lighting/etc.  avoid single colors (esp black, weird mint gums, purple/lavender, milk pink mx, etc), translucents, drunken, and probably og tri.  some are obviously bad like the ones on etsy.

i pretty much stopped collecting new ones from other people unless i know where they've originally been before.  i've seen a couple of people inadvertently buy fakes off ebay, so even if the person you're trading with is a good legit person, they might have a fufu one without knowing it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 April 2020, 23:13:26 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #20166 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 23:17:09 »
sadly a lot of fakes are pretty close, and there's no way you can tell from a photo or even having them in hand.  maybe the only way you can tell if the color is off, but you'd only be able to tell if you've seen those colors in person before, and most of the time you can't tell from people's photos because of camera/lighting/etc.  avoid single colors (esp black, weird mint gums, purple/lavender, milk pink mx, etc), translucents, drunken, and probably og tri.  some are obviously bad like the ones on etsy.

i pretty much stopped collecting new ones from other people unless i know where they've originally been before.  i've seen a couple of people inadvertently buy fakes off ebay, so even if the person you're trading with is a good legit person, they might have a fufu one without knowing it.

fake drunkens too? damn..

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #20167 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 23:23:22 »

I feel like it at least used to be the norm that you would be able to get a caps history when trading. Now I feel like most people don't even want to say where they got them from.

Offline ziptyze

• Fart Supporter
« Reply #20168 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 23:36:44 »
In honor of the return... one of my faves

"we didn't choose the furt life, the furt life chose us"

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #20169 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 23:49:56 »
More

I feel like it at least used to be the norm that you would be able to get a caps history when trading. Now I feel like most people don't even want to say where they got them from.

That's always my issue when I get offered them, no one asks about history anymore because no one will tell you who they got stuff from

They just assume it's real and run with it

Some stuff is easy enough to verify but it's always the caps that are so rare or so unique that a fake would be easy to spot

Best Ogre ever  :cool:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #20170 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 00:33:10 »

fake drunkens too? damn..

Si, it was brought to my attention AFTER i picked my drunken up a few weeks ago. I actually have no way of knowing whether it is real or not, except from the fact that a buddy of mine said that the colors MIGHT be a bit off.

Not sure what I just spent $300 on but it might not be real  :-[
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #20171 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 02:44:18 »

Show Image

Whoa... now that is a cool photo! That red!

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #20172 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 07:14:58 »

If it's any consolation, I document the hell out of my stuff...but I'm just anal like that :)) You're right though, it's a (somewhat expected) shame as MKs have gone more mainstream resin has followed suit a bit. Trades where I can get provenance really are some of the best, not just for proof but I enjoy knowing the story/travel of any piece of art. And I value them more as a result, personally. Maybe that's why I'm a sucker for those Roadshow/collector shows lol. Luckily, my two prized Clacks came from CV and 2nd owners, mostly due to warnings years ago about all the fakes. So to any wayward new-collectors lurking in here, heed their warnings...

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #20173 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 07:51:25 »
More

That's always my issue when I get offered them, no one asks about history anymore because no one will tell you who they got stuff from

They just assume it's real and run with it

Some stuff is easy enough to verify but it's always the caps that are so rare or so unique that a fake would be easy to spot

Best Ogre ever  :cool:

Herrot best ogre ever please.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #20174 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 10:00:42 »

wb cc

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20175 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 10:34:50 »

Offline orionstein

« Reply #20176 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 12:58:02 »
Did somebody say clacks?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20177 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 13:19:03 »
Did somebody say clacks?

Show Image

I wanna fondle and touch that purple one

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #20178 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 13:29:27 »
The peak of my collection. I miss them.

KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #20179 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 13:53:36 »
some crazy flexing up in here today

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #20180 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 13:54:56 »

Show Image

J-jack...  :confused:
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline yuppie

« Reply #20181 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 13:54:59 »
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20182 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 14:14:40 »

Show Image

That Veteran though. You don't have it anymore?

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #20183 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 14:15:26 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #20184 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 14:36:59 »
Show Image

Ohh looking sweet on that board.

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #20185 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 15:19:34 »
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20186 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 15:19:59 »
Show Image

Aww hell yeah, that trans orange is sooooooo goood

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #20187 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 15:43:59 »

Show Image

That Veteran though. You don't have it anymore?

I know a friend that appreciates it more than I did so..

It's only in Topre so I don't see myself ever putting it on a board. But I got a really good trade offer so I just had to get it.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20188 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 16:22:06 »
Did somebody say clacks?

Show Image

i'm malding
I love Elzy

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20189 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 16:25:47 »
Did somebody say clacks?

Show Image

Oooooh frick, I just saw this. That Salute and Unconscious - so nice

Offline Jayveur

« Reply #20190 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 17:04:25 »
whats a clack :dafoe:

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20191 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 17:05:24 »
whats a clack :dafoe:

post all your clacks, you won't

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #20192 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 20:24:45 »

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #20193 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 20:26:21 »
Show Image

So bright. Good trip though man

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #20194 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 21:10:54 »
 ;)239205-0

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20195 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 21:39:28 »

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #20196 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 23:00:09 »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #20197 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 23:41:24 »
Show Image

So I suppose you're no longer looking for an Unsaver :O

That's a very nice cluster of Skulls!

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #20198 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 02:10:53 »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #20199 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 02:53:31 »