Author Topic: Cheap Model M, just needs a clean:  (Read 7344 times)

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
Cheap Model M, just needs a clean:
« on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 14:27:14 »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-IBM-Model-M-1391401-Clicky-Keyboard-with-Cable-Works-Drink-Spill/333495024067?hash=item4da5da39c3:g:kt4AAOSw6DxeLeq3

I'd almost be willing to bet money, that a swab of iso alcohol on a Qtip would get those sticky keys going again, and if so you'd have a very cheap model M on your hands.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Cheap Model M, just needs a clean:
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 16:05:18 »
I think it will take a complete dis-assembly (requiring a bolt mod to get it back together) because the 3 membranes are probably going to need a good soak to get rid of the dried sugar-water that is probably encrusted on and between them.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"