Author Topic: @_@ HyPnoCaP @_@ [Batch 8 - 4/5 completed]  (Read 103820 times)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
Re: @_@ HyPnoCaP @_@ [Batch 7 - 2/5 Completed]
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 11:22:32 »
Doogan, these are beautiful -- the level of detail is very impressive.  :thumb:

Thanks Krogenar! I'm slowly getting better and better. I've been debating whether or not to take a class to learn more about paint brushes, paint types, and so on. I'm ordering an airbrush kit as well to see what kind of results I can get out of it. Maybe some chameleon keycaps in the future.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 11:24:06 »

Thanks Krogenar! I'm slowly getting better and better. I've been debating whether or not to take a class to learn more about paint brushes, paint types, and so on. I'm ordering an airbrush kit as well to see what kind of results I can get out of it. Maybe some chameleon keycaps in the future.

You're definitely getting better! HyPnoCaPs have always been awesome IMO, but there's a clear difference between the ones you're putting out now and the ones from the first batch. Keep it up dude :)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 14:06:38 »

You're definitely getting better! HyPnoCaPs have always been awesome IMO, but there's a clear difference between the ones you're putting out now and the ones from the first batch. Keep it up dude :)

I assume you have a gigantic magnifying apparatus to do the detail work on these. If not, get one! The one shown above is very detailed. It's hard to remember just how small these things are! Quick question:

Have you ever considered using thermochromics in your paint? They change color depending on the temperature? I think they're just powders that you mix into existing paints, but you would essentially be creating a keycap equivalent to a mood ring. The more you touch the keycap, the more the image changes.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermochromic-Pigment-Changes-Color-Temperature/dp/B009E9NCW6

I don't know, what do you think? Could this work?
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 April 2014, 14:08:13 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 16:51:35 »

I assume you have a gigantic magnifying apparatus to do the detail work on these. If not, get one! The one shown above is very detailed. It's hard to remember just how small these things are! Quick question:

Have you ever considered using thermochromics in your paint? They change color depending on the temperature? I think they're just powders that you mix into existing paints, but you would essentially be creating a keycap equivalent to a mood ring. The more you touch the keycap, the more the image changes.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermochromic-Pigment-Changes-Color-Temperature/dp/B009E9NCW6

I don't know, what do you think? Could this work?

That would be awesome. $30 but you do get a lot. That might work better in an Airbrush than hand painting though. It would spread the paint more evenly.

Could you imagine having a modifier set that changes color on you to show you which ones you typed on more. I don't know if the lacquer coating I use would interfere with the color changing properties though?

It's worth a try though.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 18:52:44 »
hypno to match OG absinthe colors.

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 20:52:19 »
hypno to match OG absinthe colors.

Show Image

That's a surprisingly close match. Hellz yeah!

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 08:15:37 »
Hi, can you please place me onto the list? The cap looks good

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 08:50:34 »

Once I am done with Batch 7 I will start enrollment for Batch 8. Watch the OP because I will update it once everything is ready.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 09:35:58 »

Once I am done with Batch 7 I will start enrollment for Batch 8. Watch the OP because I will update it once everything is ready.

Okay. Hope I could enrol in time next time. :)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #309 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 14:08:57 »
Sorry for the delay everybody.

I've had a major calamity at my house and haven't been able to paint for a while now. I'll keep you up to date on when I can start painting again.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #310 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 14:12:43 »

I've had a major calamity at my house and haven't been able to paint for a while now. I'll keep you up to date on when I can start painting again.

Oh no! I hope everything's okay! Don't worry about the delay.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #311 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 14:44:56 »

Don't worry about the delay, **** happens. I hope everything is better now though.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 21:39:16 »
Thought I should give you all an update. I will be moving at the end of this month. Once my family and I get settled into the new place I will resume my painting!

Thanks for all your patience guys/gals!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #313 on: Sat, 14 June 2014, 22:24:56 »
GOOD NEWS!!!

I'm all moved in and unpacking now. The desk is all set up and all I have to do now is find which box I put my paints in. I'll let you all know as soon as I start painting again.

Thanks again everybody for standing by while I get my living situation back in order.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #314 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 17:44:31 »
good to hear things are looking up for you!!

am enjoying your crafti-work :p

take care of yourself first...................
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #315 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 22:56:59 »
I am very happy to announce that I am painting again.

@Vibex....your triple HyPnoCaP has arrived. I have deemed it the Purpaderp!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #316 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 05:47:14 »
Great to hear you're back in action!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #317 on: Sat, 23 August 2014, 07:40:48 »
I am very happy to announce that I am painting again.

@Vibex....your triple HyPnoCaP has arrived. I have deemed it the Purpaderp!
Hooray, this caps gonna look awesome. ;D

Offline BamBooBam

• Yammy Caps
Re: @_@ HyPnoCaP @_@ [Batch 7 - 3/5 Completed]
« Reply #318 on: Sat, 30 August 2014, 22:58:00 »
those are so different from other artisan caps ") not sure if i should get one hah
Geekhack an alternation of money sink.

Offline Makeo

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 17 September 2014, 14:01:37 »
I like them because they are SO unique! Can have a 1 of 1. Still doing these do_Og@n?

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #320 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 06:47:50 »
I like them because they are SO unique! Can have a 1 of 1. Still doing these do_Og@n?

I am still planning to paint more of these but I don't have as much spare time anymore.

I do have some extras from a different order that I'm planning to sell here soon.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 22:27:00 »
HELLOOooOO everybody...

...I apologize for my keycap painting absence but I swear I have a good reason why. And here she is...

97986-0

She is ten weeks old, very happy, and eating like a monster!  :p

I want to thank everyone for their patience and I can't wait to get started again. It may take me a little longer but I'll be sure to keep you all updated. I will also be finishing up with Batch 7 here soon. I'm out of practice so I hope I can still deliver the same quality as I did before...time will tell.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #322 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 22:28:09 »
Glad to see you back! Congrats on the little one, dude!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #323 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 22:49:35 »
Wow, what a cutie!  Congrats!  Take good care of the family, they are worth so much more than little bits of plastic!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #324 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 09:57:14 »
Congratulations!!!  Glad to hear you've been well!  Make sure you get enough sleep before you do more painting :)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 13:19:21 »
Gratz on dien kinder! Hope you get some time over to make awesome caps :)

Would love a matrix topre cap for my topre keyboard! Would be so sick <3
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #326 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 16:02:39 »
Congrats on the baby :D Will be watching the OP for when we can go for Batch 8 :D
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: @_@ HyPnoCaP @_@ [Batch 7 - 3/5 Completed] SPOT OPEN!!!
« Reply #327 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 21:26:49 »
Wanted to know if I could get added to the list? I want to get a topre keycap!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 22:47:53 »
Wanted to know if I could get added to the list? I want to get a topre keycap!

I don't know....you are pretty new around here?

If you can tell me the first two colors of the first HyPnoCaP I will add you to the list.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 07:54:56 »
Congrats on the your new baby girl, Doogan!

I feel very special knowing I have the original HyPnOcAp.  :thumb:
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #330 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 15:35:55 »
Can I get on the list please!!!

edited: If i win spot for batch 7 make that the same thing as dudes. White base and light glittered blue swirls!
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2015, 00:01:04 by Redeemd »

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 15:37:23 »
If there's a spot left open after Redeemed is in, I'm interested! (Or if Redeemed drops out)
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #332 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 16:37:42 »
If aznairjordan doesn't answer the question I posted for him then Redeemd gets the last spot in Batch 7.

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 16:40:19 »
Out of curiosity, when was Batch 7 announced? Did you update the OP announcing Batch 7 when you posted the pic of your beautiful baby (grats on that btw)? And then I was just too much of a dolt to check the OP >.<. Or is there an announcement another way?

Basically, I dun wanna miss Batch 8...
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 17:23:43 »
Batch 7 started a long time ago. One person from that batch isn't on GeekHack anymore so I opened up his spot.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 19:06:31 »
Batch 7 started a long time ago. One person from that batch isn't on GeekHack anymore so I opened up his spot.

Can I have it? :thumb:

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 20:46:02 »

Oh, yay!!! I didn't miss anything then!

Welp, super hyped for batch 8! Would love to get my first Hypno Caps :). GL with the current batch and your new baby though!

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 02:23:23 »
Sign me up for batch 8, need to get my first topre artisan :)
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 13:01:13 »
Well aznairjordan never answered the question so the open spot goes to Redeemd.

@PM me if you are still interested and I will send you a link to the order form.

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #339 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 00:15:43 »
Well aznairjordan never answered the question so the open spot goes to Redeemd.

@PM me if you are still interested and I will send you a link to the order form.

done.

Offline punchingtofus

« Reply #340 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 00:47:19 »
Are there any openings? Interested on joining~ gonna be my first artisan keycap ever  :thumb:

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #341 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 07:32:13 »
Are there any openings? Interested on joining~ gonna be my first artisan keycap ever  :thumb:

No openings at this time but I'll announce once Batch 8 is ready to go.

The last two in this batch are sanded & primed. I'll start painting at least one of them tonight.

Offline VivaGardner

• * Destiny Supporter
  • www.gboarding.com
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 18:58:33 »
Spot open?
Even good dogs go wild

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 23:17:01 »
Spot open?

Nope....just forgot to change the Thread headline.

Offline VivaGardner

• * Destiny Supporter
  • www.gboarding.com
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 02:11:41 »
Spot open?

Nope....just forgot to change the Thread headline.

Cool~ I'll keep my eyes open for a new batch
Even good dogs go wild

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #345 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 00:18:15 »
Updated the OP with links to the nearly completed keycaps. I just have to finish the final, protective coating after it's done raining.

Offline VivaGardner

• * Destiny Supporter
  • www.gboarding.com
« Reply #346 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 01:42:04 »
Nice I am super interested in getting one or two.  How do I officially enroll
Even good dogs go wild

Offline punchingtofus

« Reply #347 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 03:04:52 »
waiting waiting on the next batch <3

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #348 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 05:38:13 »
I want in on the next batch :D. Must check thread daily now.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #349 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 19:42:36 »
Nice I am super interested in getting one or two.  How do I officially enroll

I will announce once the next batch has started. After that you simply just need to post that you would like in.