Author Topic: One month old Leopold letter C bit the dust.  (Read 2640 times)

Offline thebilgerat

One month old Leopold letter C bit the dust.
« on: Sun, 25 September 2011, 23:49:02 »
Was just typing along when the letter C keycap just up and broke on my leopold tenkeyless.

I just bought this keyboard the beginning of September.  Options?  Should I call up elitekeyboards and see if they have a random c just laying about?

Or should I just order one from WASD?  For the C row, which one should I choose?

Thanks!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 03:41:50 »
If you know ****ens, clearly you can't be American, because everyone knows Americans not literate in the ways of classical literature. (really I'm just jealous I've not got 'round to reading that one yet)

Were I you, I would call up Elitekeyboards, and if that option does not work out, give WASD a ring.

Offline wasdkeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 03:48:46 »
You would need a Row 1 1x1 keycap.
Questions and comments, please visit our Geekhack: WASD Keyboards Vendor Forum
WASDKeyboards.com - Custom Mechanical Keyboards

Offline thebilgerat

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 11:09:31 »
Well, elite keyboards has provided the repla C ment, but thanks as well, WASD, as now I know where to go for some custom keycap action.

To be fair, it was probably a void.  I don't hold elite culpable.  Feces happens.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 September 2011, 11:11:47 by thebilgerat »

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 11:21:33 »
I really dig the WASD caps.  They are "pre-shined" so they have a smooth yet grippy feel to them.  I can't really decide between the Ducky/KBC caps and the WASD.  The Ducky/KBC caps are durable and have a good sound to them, but the WASD caps have a smooth, buttery feel that really pleasant.  I like it smooth and buttery.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 17:40:39 »
Same here, I like my unicomp keys, but the WASD keys are also good, in another way. I suspect this is the same reason people own more than one keyboard, After a certain level of quality is reached, you start branching out and end up with something that's perhaps equivalently good, but in a different way.

Offline N8N

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 17:49:36 »
IMHO the old Model M keycaps are the standard to beat... I guess Noppoo keycaps are supposed to be POM which is reputed to be as or more durable than PBT?  Haven't used mine enough to assess if they are as durable.  Check back with me in 20 years or so :)  I also like, purely for feel, the standard Cherry PBTs but I think the IBM ones have more texture to them which I like.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline cirE

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 26 September 2011, 17:55:02 »
Quote from: wasdkeyboards;421415
You would need a Row 1 1x1 keycap.

I'd like to thank you for providing spare parts. Whenever I swap keycaps on my Filco, I'm always terrified that I'll lose one of the Stabilizer Inserts. I'll be terrified no longer thanks to the fact that I know I can easily get some from you. You're awesome!
FKBN87MC/EB w/ FKBPRM/B