Author Topic: Odd formatting issues when using rich editor  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
Odd formatting issues when using rich editor
« on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 11:13:55 »
So when posting replies I've noticed something odd. When I preview or quote messages the rich editor frame has started resolving images, emoticons, url's etc.. and it no longer shows me the source BB code in the message. It's become a bit of a nuance because sometimes when I post a reply or try to edit a post I can't see the BB code and I have to start deleting and start over.

Also I've noticed a few other small quirks. Carriage returns are resulting in double spaced lines. And the most odd, when I try to delete the end of a line the text after that line re-sizes the text to "size=78%". I'm not sure what changed in the last month or so and I'm not sure if it's one of my forum settings, but it's been really irritating. I've been using the "remove formatting" option lately to try to resolve some of these weird formatting issues.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Odd formatting issues when using rich editor
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 11:16:54 »
51706-0

click the button I'm pointing at

Personally I think we are overloading the server hardware....lots of weird stuff happening... :o

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
Re: Odd formatting issues when using rich editor
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 January 2014, 11:21:22 »
(Attachment Link)

click the button I'm pointing at

Personally I think we are overloading the server hardware....lots of weird stuff happening... :o

That did it. So did someone change the site defaults to modify that toggle view to being on ???

Thanks Spamray for pointing that out.