Author Topic: Buyer/Seller feedback system.  (Read 3232 times)

Offline Jixr

Buyer/Seller feedback system.
« on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 09:52:56 »
We really need a system to rate buyers and sellers here.

Mainly in GB's, its not fair to new people to get screwed over because they don't know who is safe to buy from.

I feel like a rating system would really help that out, and hopefully promote good buying and selling practices.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Buyer/Seller feedback system.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 09:53:44 »
heatware.com
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 09:56:40 »
Geekhack's motto is "caveat emptor" (buyer beware).  This makes sense because mods can't be policing payments/warranties/shipping delays/etc.

Of course, if I show up in a GB and mention that the person running it has no cred, then I'm apparently ****posting, but that's none of my business...

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 09:59:11 »
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 10:05:16 »
Of course, if I show up in a GB and mention that the person running it has no cred, then I'm apparently ****posting, but that's none of my business...

That's not true. It's relevant to the GB. Please do this, if you have the information.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 10:13:11 »
We really need a system to rate buyers and sellers here.

Mainly in GB's, its not fair to new people to get screwed over because they don't know who is safe to buy from.

I feel like a rating system would really help that out, and hopefully promote good buying and selling practices.

Who is currently running a group buy that is screwing people over? Or isn't safe to buy from?

From what I've heard and seen posted the moderators do somewhat police group buys before they start so hopefully that helps. They obviously can still be deceived but at least there is a review process before a group buy gets posted.

I've said it plenty of times all someone has to do is have a neat idea and people will throw money at it without any second thought of it will actually materialize. Also there is tons of feedback both positive and negative in many group buy threads if people take the time to actually read through some of them.

I know there are some massively delayed group buys and some organizers go silent for a time but currently I don't think anyone has completely lost out or had an organizer disappear with everyone's money as some have in the past.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 11:29:02 »
I've said it plenty of times all someone has to do is have a neat idea and people will throw money at it without any second thought of it will actually materialize.

Kickstarter

Offline Jixr

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:54:38 »
I'm not hammering on anyone specific, but there are lots of other computing sites with markets that have ratings systems. Heck, i'm in one GB where the host has had the items in hand for around 6 months now, and still has not shipped them out. I really don't care that much for that buy, but there are lots of people that do. If people leave neagtive seller ratings, it  would basically be a warning to people that the Host may have issues, break deadline promises, or other problems.

But yeah, on here everyone will throw money at anyone with a ms paint mock up and a promised delivery date of 2 months later.

From my personal experience, there are only 3 people on here I feel comfortable giving a good bit of money to in a GB.

And with a user rating system, it would not be any more part on the moderation of the site.

Seems like a simple enough system, and as big as the GB and classified market is on here, it couldn't hurt anything.

I've had a bit of bad luck on here in the past, sellers mailing broken items, shipments gone 'missing', people delivering items a month after payment ( from classifieds ) and other issues. While I know its buyer beware, a feedback system sounds like a good idea to me. I don't see any negative reason for not having one.

and back to my OP, mostly its new people who join in and see the promised 2 month delivery, then complain endlessly about delays, lack up updates, etc.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 May 2015, 13:59:07 by Jixr »

Offline tbc

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.