Author Topic: Not sure if it's just me or not: embeded youtube videos do not work.  (Read 3331 times)

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
I cannot see embedded youtube videos on the site. I have to go to the youtube links themselves. This is true on multiple browsers on multiple computers (and my phone). Does anyone else have this issue and/or know how to resolve it? Is this just something with the site?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Not sure if it's just me or not: embeded youtube videos do not work.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 10:02:29 »
It's been like this for a while. The embed from Youtube broke after they updated something. If you're using Chrome, you can hit the little "Load Unsafe Scripts" shield in the address bar and the videos will work. Also post your videos like this

Code: [Select]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohlyrWEM6t0[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohlyrWEM6t0[/youtube]

If you take out the s in https, it'll work once you hit that shield in Chrome. It's a problem on other forums I'm on as well so I'm not sure how it can be fixed.

Offline greath

• A waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 10:30:58 »
Thanks for the protip.

The "load unsafe scripts" works in firefox as well (shield on the top leftmost part of the address bar).

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 10:47:29 »
I know this is a bug, but in FF (where utoob vids are invisable) it actually allows me to post in the 'what your listening too' thread

Offline tbc

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:44:07 »
testing

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 May 2015, 16:46:38 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 May 2015, 18:21:56 »
Embedded Youtube videos do not stream over HTTPS, and since the site was updated to default to HTTPS it will not load Youtube's insecure videos without you explicitly allowing them through.

Apparently there are some fixes for various CMS's but I'm not familiar at all with SMF to know if there's anything out there.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:11:21 »
did videos just randomly start working?

even just posting the link brings up the video
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline vindaon

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:13:21 »
Videos are now working for me

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:35:58 »
Admins have updated the youtube plugin on the site to accept https links. Official announcement coming shortly.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 19:42:34 »
Yay for the end of big blank spaces in posts that are really unrendered YouTube video previews!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 22:06:25 »
yes, this was fixed this weekend. we may also have vimeo support now, but given the quality of the plugin code i rewrote to get youtube working, vimeo probably won't work until i rewrite that bit as well.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.