Author Topic: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (replacements in progress)  (Read 262462 times)

Offline derpingit

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #800 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 22:56:10 »
Sight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline aznreaper

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #801 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 23:19:04 »
While you're at it, status update for r2.5? It going to ship before Christmas.?

Offline Gajible

« Reply #802 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 03:12:21 »
Really hoping to get this board in time for the Seattle meetup..

My order has no status, which is a tad worrisome.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #803 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 10:46:06 »
Really hoping to get this board in time for the Seattle meetup..

My order has no status, which is a tad worrisome.

Oh nu :( Maybe it's hanging out with mine and santa is picking em up on his way to Canada.

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #804 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 00:26:02 »
Can we give up all hope of receiving these before christmas? I just got my Tengwar Keycaps in and I don't have a board to put them on.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #805 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 01:19:23 »
Can we give up all hope of receiving these before christmas? I just got my Tengwar Keycaps in and I don't have a board to put them on.
He never said they would arrive before christmas, he did say they would ship before christmas though.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #806 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 01:23:05 »
I was told weeks ago, mine (extras) was going to ship that same week. Still sitting in US :( hopefully stuff starts moving out in the next week or two!
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 December 2016, 01:29:29 by BAS1C »

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #807 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 03:13:56 »
He never said they would arrive before christmas, he did say they would ship before christmas though.

To be totally fair, LD has missed just about every deadline he's set. We all paid a lot of money to get these and we're approaching almost 3 months of delays with pretty poor communication. I really don't mind waiting if there's active communication and fair estimates, but we haven't gotten that. All we have to go off of are sparse updates that basically say, "sorry, things will ship in the next week or two". I'm pretty frustrated at this point. I would've just bought a used ZZ96 if I knew it would take so long, but that's not an option anymore. So we wait and cross our fingers that we get our boards before the end of the 2016.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #808 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 09:15:56 »
To be fair, Lunaris is a full time medical student, and he's worked hard to source all these amazing projects. His track record is good, and I'm sure he will fulfill and update everyone very soon.

It's currently the holidays, and I'm sure everyone is bogged down trying to spend time with family & finish work / school ASAP.

:)
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #809 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 16:21:04 »
To be fair, Lunaris is a full time medical student, and he's worked hard to source all these amazing projects. His track record is good, and I'm sure he will fulfill and update everyone very soon.

It's currently the holidays, and I'm sure everyone is bogged down trying to spend time with family & finish work / school ASAP.

:)

That doesn't somehow exclude the need for better communication. He was dealing with some stuff a few months ago and was very good about communicating with everyone through that, and that was good for everyone. It gives us a chance to be understanding and to show our support for LD. If there's no communication happening it doesn't allow us the chance to be understanding, it just makes it look like nothing is being done and causes frustration.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #810 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 19:15:06 »
Everything will be resolved this afternoon, PMs, questions, etc.

Need to go to the police station today.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #811 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 20:30:56 »

I hope they know the only crime you've committed is trying to make everyone happy.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #812 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 21:39:01 »

I hope they know the only crime you've committed is trying to make everyone happy.
See you guys? I don't think LD would just leave this thread ignored. Hope everything is all good dude.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #813 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 21:57:39 »

fahk.

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #814 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 01:32:43 »

Thanks LD, hope things go well.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #815 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 07:10:24 »
Ok guys, it's 8:46 PM here, there are a couple things you all deserve to/should know:

1. It's finals period, **** is whack.

2. Apart from the remakes, there were various parts that were missing/lost during transit. Will spare you all the details but they have been accounted for now, and everything that is missing should be packed with the v2.5 & v2 remakes shipment, which is slated to arrive at my place tomorrow. I will commence shipping on remaining v2 orders, then v2 remakes, then v2.5.

2.a. A large part of why things went unaccounted for/missing was my lack of experience, the size of the v2 buy, and the fact that I neglected to tally up everything and where they were going to. This is on me, the delays are all on me, I'm sorry.

2.b. For the v2 remakes - I was notified last minute (literally one week before now, after everything was nearly complete) that they were made at the new factory (which had a higher cost of anodizing than the old) and tried to get as close to the old color as possible. We'll find out tomorrow just how close they are, and if you're still not satisfied, it'll have to be either a refund or continued waiting, but waiting is really not worth it at this point, especially with LSv3 on the horizon. I understand if you'd like a refund if the color is significantly off since that was the whole point of the remake, and will do my best to accommodate.

3. Sorry for not responding to PMs in a timely fashion (or at all). The pressure is kinda getting to me and I've been trying to set PMs aside to get my mind back to where it needs to be (even though, honestly, here is where it needs to be until things are wrapped up).

4. I will go through and respond to all outstanding PMs tonight and tomorrow. If you have not received a response within 12 hoursp (sorry, make that 24), please send me another PM for a status update.

5. If you are interested in the outcome of my visit to the police station: I will be fined up to $1.6k and/or detained (read: jailed) for 3-10 days, with the possibility of being deported from China. No, I didn't do anything illegal, I just didn't know that I had to apply for a residence permit and am 3 months overdue... which I guess makes me an illegal immigrant. The irony is tangible.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 December 2016, 11:59:36 by LunarisDream »

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #816 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 08:09:14 »
Ok guys, it's 8:46 PM here, there are a couple things you all deserve to/should know:

Thanks for the info LD. Really sorry to hear about all the **** that you've had to deal with for this order. Seems like things snowballed. Hopefully things will go smoothly from here on out. Take your time to do things properly so you are able to keep everything accounted for - just keep the updates and transparency coming! Hope your issues with the police are resolved, that's not fun. 

Thanks for the transparency. Also, sorry if I came across as rude in my posts above... Just got frustrated with waiting and no update for a while, I know it shouldn't be much longer! Thanks LD, stay sane. Good luck on finals, and stay out of prison dude!!!

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #817 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 22:39:56 »

Thanks for taking the time to provide an update. Seriously, it helps and is greatly appreciated. Hope you get everything sorted out quickly and cheaply.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #818 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:07:01 »
r2.5 and r2 remakes arrived today. Some 60-70 kilos (about 150 lbs - no, I don't even lift bro) of stuff hauled up 6 flights of stairs by yours truly (totally gonna say that every time I get GB stuff in). Sorting them right now in my shoddy work area. PMs still need to be replied to.

Some photos

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #819 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:10:43 »
r2.5 and r2 remakes arrived today. Some 60-70 kilos (about 150 lbs - no, I don't even lift bro) of stuff hauled up 6 flights of stairs by yours truly (totally gonna say that every time I get GB stuff in). Sorting them right now in my shoddy work area. PMs still need to be replied to.

Some photos

Woot!! Hype building!! Thanks for sacrificing your limbs for us - and you do lift now! After carrying all those back down to the post you'll be yoked!  :thumb:

Hope all is well with all the other hectic bits of life. We appreciate you shepherding this GB well among it all.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #820 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:11:48 »

Some photos

Awesome dude! Any movement on the R2 extras that are currently in US?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #821 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:21:52 »

Working on a packaging solution. Two or three cases arrived dented by USPS last time and I don't want that to happen again - would only multiply the wait and cause lots of grief (the replacements for those are in this current shipment I'm working through). I honestly thought they were packed perfectly and don't know what the hell happened. I don't have decent packing material in the US and am unable to find good substitutes, so I'm probably going to ship some boxes and packing material I ordered (those bundles of white foam in the back of the pics) to the US and use those. Due to the influx of Christmas mail from everywhere, USPS/DHL will definitely run into delays. But rest assured I am working on it, and nothing is missing.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #822 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:23:56 »

Working on a packaging solution. Two or three cases arrived dented by USPS last time and I don't want that to happen again - would only multiply the wait and cause lots of grief (the replacements for those are in this current shipment I'm working through). I honestly thought they were packed perfectly and don't know what the hell happened. I don't have decent packing material in the US and am unable to find good substitutes, so I'm probably going to ship some boxes and packing material I ordered (those bundles of white foam in the back of the pics) to the US and use those. Due to the influx of Christmas mail from everywhere, USPS/DHL will definitely run into delays. But rest assured I am working on it, and nothing is missing.

Cool, ty :) Like you said, much rather get it another few weeks out than get it damaged.. Keep us updated as things move around! Thanks man.. Appreciate the recent info. Happy holidays.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #823 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:27:35 »
Hey LunarisDream, thanks for the update, look like things are moving along now so that's quite the welcoming sign! All that packing foam looks amazing! Thanks for keeping with us and hauling all our boards up and down! Looking forwards to seeing the future progression as well as we get closer and closer to getting these shipped out.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #824 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:36:24 »
Bad news about the remakes. It's been close to a year of waiting now for the ink blue, and... sigh. I don't know what to say. Double the waiting time for what you wanted and it still ends up being so far from that.

I will create a form for those who wanted their gray blue boards remade. Be it a refund (probably preferable with LSv3 coming soon), keeping it, or something else... I will do my best to accommodate.

Offline derpingit

« Reply #825 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:38:02 »
Bad news about the remakes. It's been close to a year of waiting now for the ink blue, and... sigh. I don't know what to say. Double the waiting time for what you wanted and it still ends up being so far from that.

I will create a form for those who wanted their gray blue boards remade. Be it a refund (probably preferable with LSv3 coming soon), keeping it, or something else... I will do my best to accommodate.

Can I have an update ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #826 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:50:00 »
Can I have an update ?

PM'd

Edit: Oh, 400 posts. Yay~
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 December 2016, 00:55:53 by LunarisDream »

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #827 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 01:01:46 »

Will v2.5 ink blue look like this?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #828 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 01:12:27 »
Will v2.5 ink blue look like this?

I need to unwrap the rest of the boards to be sure, but I believe so.

It's the most popular color option too which makes things even more complicated...

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #829 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 01:15:01 »
Is it just me or does it not look remotely close to the picture?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #830 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 01:21:34 »
Is it just me or does it not look remotely close to the picture?

The difference is very much apparent.  :( It will have to be up to each buyer to decide how they want to proceed.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #831 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 01:42:19 »
Pmed.

Offline mes09

« Reply #832 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 02:22:08 »
Wow that's almost like purple, and not very dark! I'm not a buyer for this one, but I actually would love that color for a board.

It is obviously not at all like the picture though.

Offline owacle

« Reply #833 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 08:27:12 »
Wow! LD you are incredible! What a lot of effort. I for one appreciate how far above and beyond you're going!

I rather like that purple colour. Would look amazing filled with skeletor caps!

I look forward to the next round of updates. Keep strong.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #834 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 12:25:10 »
hey LD, i was hoping to get an update on my stuff also. have not heard back from you in a couple weeks, and sent another pm yesterday like you said.

thanks, man. hope your residency gets worked out

Offline breitling

« Reply #835 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 10:25:06 »
thats a bummer with the color... i'm not in this end of the buy anymore but that one looks a lot like the one i got already. i'm sure you wont have any trouble getting rid of the extra boards but if needed i can grab another one. running group buys can be complicated and time consuming... kudos for muscling through it.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #836 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 17:12:54 »
Hi Lunaris, sent you a PM about my order. I know how busy you are so thought i'd send a reminder.

Hope all is well.

Thanks

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #837 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 23:22:23 »
Any update on when these are shipping?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #838 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 23:26:41 »
Yeah, have you been able to start shipping the other colour boards?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #839 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 20:40:01 »
C'mon bruh.. Don't leave us in the dark..

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #840 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 20:44:11 »
Everyone all knew LD's track record when joining this GB and anyone following this thread is aware of his present circumstances. Has it suddenly become appropriate to demand updates whenever one pleases?
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #841 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 22:41:47 »
Everyone all knew LD's track record when joining this GB and anyone following this thread is aware of his present circumstances. Has it suddenly become appropriate to demand updates whenever one pleases?
Where do you see that I'm demanding? I would love to know :)

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #842 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 14:00:27 »

No, we didn't all know his track record ahead of time, and there was no indication of it within the GB.

We are aware of the circumstances he is in and I think it's fair to say that everyone is willing to be patient until he is able to work everything out, provided there is still some communication between LD and those waiting to receive their orders. It's not unwarranted to ask for an update when there's been no updates for weeks, or when a shipping date is brought up and then missed.

That said, it's not an excuse to start causing problems if you don't hear from him immediately, or within a few days.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #843 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 14:14:10 »
Well LD did say he was going to start shipping out the ones that didn't have color issues right away last week so I think he just wanted to see pictures that board were leaving since LD has everything now

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #844 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 17:41:35 »
What parts are included in the kit exactly?

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #845 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 18:10:32 »

No, we didn't all know his track record ahead of time, and there was no indication of it within the GB.

We are aware of the circumstances he is in and I think it's fair to say that everyone is willing to be patient until he is able to work everything out, provided there is still some communication between LD and those waiting to receive their orders. It's not unwarranted to ask for an update when there's been no updates for weeks, or when a shipping date is brought up and then missed.

That said, it's not an excuse to start causing problems if you don't hear from him immediately, or within a few days.
It's not the asking of updates in and of itself, its the dude from R2.5 saying "C'mon bruh".
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #846 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 00:03:03 »

It's not the asking of updates in and of itself, its the dude from R2.5 saying "C'mon bruh".
You're really making no sense. If anything, it's a little positive reinforcement while others are demanding updates lol. I think you are confused buddy. And does it really matter that I'm from 2.5? No, I don't think so. I want my board just as bad as everyone else. And fyi, I had no idea of his circumstances or track record. Just like I had no idea the ink blue cases have been having problems and LD doesn't mention that. So I'm not seeing you point here????

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #847 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 02:19:22 »
What parts are included in the kit exactly?

Stabilizers, plate, case + feet, pcb. Basically everything except USB cable, switches, and caps.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #848 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 11:34:08 »
Praying to rngesus these all ship by end of Jan. Hope LD can get things sorted out stateside now that the holidays are coming to a close.

LD any status on the packing material being sent to US for the 'Extras V2' orders?
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 December 2016, 23:23:56 by BAS1C »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #849 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 04:08:39 »
Happy New Year everyone. Sorry I couldn't ship these out in time for Christmas.

Most of the issues with this buy have been clear and I will now actively update the orders spreadsheet with up-to-date info so you don't have to keep checking back into the thread and scanning for a new comment from me.

I will put up a form shortly for feedback from ink blue buyers on what they'd like to do in light of the colors still not matching the original as they should've been.

The first two buys included stabilizers as an add-on option but is not included in the kit by default.

I have received the remainder of the parts (screws, acrylic diffusers, etc) and will ship them out in the upcoming days. Getting orders out the door is in all of our best interests and will help me better tally and manage what is remaining.

forevermadrigal is perfectly warranted in asking for an update and we don't need to tell him off for that - he's been very patient throughout all of this; you all have been. I truly do appreciate it.