Author Topic: [GB] GMK Skeletor (Shipping Completed)  (Read 234378 times)

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
Re: [GB] GMK Skeletor
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 19:28:55 »
I guess today is really pay day. I was able to find out from GMK that I am able to add 20 more.

Hopefully these last few lasts into the last day.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 19:34:06 »
I guess today is really pay day. I was able to find out from GMK that I am able to add 20 more.

At last

Hehe

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 23:33:25 »

Good news for those that wanted in but weren't able to get in earlier.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 23:44:18 »

Haven't been following this, but there's a maximum order quantity?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 00:07:47 »

Haven't been following this, but there's a maximum order quantity?

Yeah, there's a limit to get a secure spot in the production line. There should be a space for you if you're interested in purchasing it next week.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 00:32:16 »
Paid.  That is officially the single most expensive keyboard related purchase I have made by a fairly wide margin.   
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 05:29:37 »
Paid.  That is officially the single most expensive keyboard related purchase I have made by a fairly wide margin.

Same here. But it will be well worth it.

Offline Data

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 11:22:51 »

Same here. But it will be well worth it.

I admire your restraint.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 11:26:25 »
I can place an order and pay in 22 July (Last day) because of Credits card issue.

I hope i would have some luck to place an order in the last day as I planned.

I'm so worry right now  :(

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 18:47:20 »

thanks for your support :)

I can place an order and pay in 22 July (Last day) because of Credits card issue.

You should be fine! :)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 23:49:42 »

thanks for your support :)

You should be fine! :)

I'm not gonna lie, you made me think for a second when you posted those modern beige sets - that Purple mods set looks sharp. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 01:24:40 »
Ordered for those purple on green keys. I guess the rest of them are alright too  :p
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 13:47:19 »

Oh, man, I don't even want to think about it. This is the second set I plonked down for to go on the VE.A. So my Christmas looks like it is happening in October, assuming I'm not evicted for blow rent on another key set before then.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 23:14:57 »
I recently crumbled and picked up a spot in the GMK 9009 buy...  ;D  so I can't really afford the kit, but I picked up some spacebars!

Really glad to see this kit getting the needed support without having to stoop to using MassDrop.

Congrats, nubbinator  :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 23:19:50 »
I recently crumbled and picked up a spot in the GMK 9009 buy...  ;D  so I can't really afford the kit, but I picked up some spacebars!

Really glad to see this kit getting the needed support without having to stoop to using MassDrop.

Do space bars come in sets of 6.25 and 7u?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 23:28:05 »

Do space bars come in sets of 6.25 and 7u?
Yes, it says so on the kbdist website but not on the shop page for some reason.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 23:57:28 »

9009 and skeletor are both distinctively beautiful. Buy both them,please :p

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 15:42:54 »

What is so bad about MassDrop in your opinion? Sure it sucks that they try to make 15% on their buys, but they somehow consistently come up cheaper even at the same sales numbers. Might mean other sellers are making more than 15% on their GMK sets, but if you want the color scheme, you pay it (as I have).

Now carbon is over 750 and should get another price drop. I'm pretty sure no GMK buy has ever broken 750 before. This is only good for the community and future GMK buys with and without MassDrop.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 15:53:33 »

What is so bad about MassDrop in your opinion? Sure it sucks that they try to make 15% on their buys, but they somehow consistently come up cheaper even at the same sales numbers. Might mean other sellers are making more than 15% on their GMK sets, but if you want the color scheme, you pay it (as I have).

Now carbon is over 750 and should get another price drop. I'm pretty sure no GMK buy has ever broken 750 before. This is only good for the community and future GMK buys with and without MassDrop.

I've had bad experiences with them and their customer service and I don't agree with how they present their 'savings' to people. But it's for another thread or PM  :D

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 16:03:07 »
People complain about MassDrop but I still see them as an overall good thing.  They bring in buyers that might not have known about these caps or purchased them otherwise.  However, there are certainly areas where MD can improve such as in international shipping and some of their cap shipping methods - those in on the Triump Adler buy have some stories to tell. 

That said, MD shouldn't be the only game in town either.  It can create bottlenecks like the one we see now with regard to getting a keycap sales slot.  I'm happy to have other vendors around to toss money at for good sets.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 16:11:47 »
edit: forget me

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 16:38:26 »
People complain about MassDrop but I still see them as an overall good thing.  They bring in buyers that might not have known about these caps or purchased them otherwise.  However, there are certainly areas where MD can improve such as in international shipping and some of their cap shipping methods - those in on the Triump Adler buy have some stories to tell. 

That said, MD shouldn't be the only game in town either.  It can create bottlenecks like the one we see now with regard to getting a keycap sales slot.  I'm happy to have other vendors around to toss money at for good sets.

Some good points. Let's keep the focus on the good work Originative are doing for us here with Nubbs set  :thumb:

Offline shower_king

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 19:55:15 »
i don't want to stray from the topic on this skeletor GB and great work have done by Nubbs and Sherryton.
However, i want to charify some points to avoid misunderstanding.
1, Triumph Adler by Mr intelli78 have reached more than 800, also on MD,after that  a rich and kind man has planned to buy 200 sets TA ,but the shipment fees are 200sets × 15USD(more or less)and could not be modified by MD, finally he cancelled the orders of 200 sets due to appallingly high shipment fees. If not , TA could reach 1K without doubt . Now that MD could have updated their shipment fees system and could facilitate seperate huge orders with reasonable shipment fees.
GMK carbon definitely will exceed that number after adding orders from China. And huge and seperate orders would not worry about shockingly sky-high shipment fees because the huge orders will be well addressed by MD seperately.
2,business is business. Md earn service fees for using their plantform and sometimes sorting keys and packaging for transportion. Mr, Sherryton also done the same thing. No matter MD or MR Sherryton's Originative co or zealPC or xiaodian's GB , if they make GMK 'S GB happen smoothy , quickly and at low price. They are all doing good to make this forum properous and make everyone participating in GB get their keys as good and soon as possible. and everyone doesn't want IVAN's phenomenon happen again.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2016, 20:06:24 by shower_king »

Offline shower_king

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 19:56:48 »
 ;)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 20:28:14 »

Some good points. Let's keep the focus on the good work Originative are doing for us here with Nubbs set  :thumb:

Well, yeah, that's why I tried to circle back with the note on other vendors.  Happy to have Originative in the picture.  They seem to be a growing consideration as a go-to for GMK buys.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 17:21:13 »
Just joined for my first GMK set... Damn, every month just ends up more expensive then the one before.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 03:44:35 »
Just joined for my first GMK set... Damn, every month just ends up more expensive then the one before.

Tell me about it.. I'm still scurrying to see if I can make the carbon gb too.

Offline jinhan108

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 23:36:59 »
I keep trying to checkout my order but every single payment option save bitcoin results in a 'your card is declined' or 'your transaction could not be processed'. Buying from Malaysia by the way. Any help on this would be appreciated!

Offline maximm

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 06:04:07 »
I keep trying to checkout my order but every single payment option save bitcoin results in a 'your card is declined' or 'your transaction could not be processed'. Buying from Malaysia by the way. Any help on this would be appreciated!

I had to login to my bank to allow payments to the USA. Until then i always got the payment declined.

Offline renne

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 23:35:29 »
Glad to see you active again on GH, Sherry!

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 00:35:08 »
1 hour left until the group buy is over!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 00:49:53 »

And then to wait months for it to finally arrive :)

Offline frostylove

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 18:23:48 »
Order placed! Sherrrrrrrry! ^-^
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 18:26:07 »
Order placed! Sherrrrrrrry! ^-^

Thumbs Up!

I'll update accordingly when there is more news through here!

There are still a few sets left, ~10. I will have to check when we receive them.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 21:55:25 »
Looking forward to skelly goodness <3

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 01:32:42 »
There was some talk about possible artisans that were being designed alongside some of the stickers that have already been mentioned. Any news on that front?

Offline PQStarLord

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:02:50 »
There was some talk about possible artisans that were being designed alongside some of the stickers that have already been mentioned. Any news on that front?

That would be cool - my plan is to use this set and a single artisan for an escape key in similar colours.

Offline repuls0r

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:28:07 »
I think this would perfect to pair with that purple Jellykey available now on MD as an Esc key.
Matrix 8XV1.0  |  FMJ 80  |  SKOG  |  TGR Jane CE  |  Orion V2  |  Mech27  |  LZCP  |  TXCP  |  CPSQ  |  TX1800

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 16:22:11 »

I've got Hana coming in next month so it'll give a bit of time on that set before swapping out again for Skeletor.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 16:37:54 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83309.msg2215385#msg2215385

Any updates would be made on the link above.

I've got Hana coming in next month so it'll give a bit of time on that set before swapping out again for Skeletor.

+1

That transition from DSA to Cherry Profile will be hard though...

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 18:24:14 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83309.msg2215385#msg2215385

Any updates would be made on the link above.

+1

That transition from DSA to Cherry Profile will be hard though...

Yeah, it will be an interesting transition.  Already went from OEM to SA which was a bit of a finger shock at first.  I'll have to see how SA to DSA to GMK goes ;)

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 20:33:37 »
Didn't see the stickers on this thread, just saw the GB page on Reddit. I would have joined faster had I seen the extra goodies.

What was the final number on orders? Congrats to Nubb and Sherry for the success with this set, I am stoked for it.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 23:42:54 »
Does anybody know the Pantone color for the purple modifiers?

Offline shower_king

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 00:01:04 »
The purple exsits in GMK color card not custom-color chosen from pantone card.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 01:32:38 »
The purple exsits in GMK color card not custom-color chosen from pantone card.
Show Image

This is actually the wrong color. The new color is called DY.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 01:40:09 »
this is the real color  :thumb:

Show Image

So I think this has the new colors on it. Also nice because DY and TU2 are right next to each other. I'm very excited.

Offline Adgar

• * Vendor
    • Pheilcia
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 03:28:07 »
this one seems good .But I don't know how can I buy your keycaps

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 03:50:13 »

you can join the group buy from this link https://www.originativeco.com/products/skeletor
add your item to the cart, check out, payment, and waiting for the group buy finished.
just like online shopping.

Offline Data

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 06:28:22 »
i needz dat skrelumtor

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 12:39:20 »

you can join the group buy from this link https://www.originativeco.com/products/skeletor
add your item to the cart, check out, payment, and waiting for the group buy finished.
just like online shopping.

I thought the buy period is over? Are orders still accepted?? Maybe I could go for seconds!  :p
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac