Author Topic: [GB] Modern Beige  (Read 171020 times)

Offline Makeo

Re: [GB] Modern Beige
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 13:44:17 »
Dear god... One of my most expensive July ever... Vacation and a heck of a lot of GBs all at the same time. Original plan was to get that colourful Korean set, so now I gotta stab the wallet again. Guess I'll be selling some stuff soon to recoup funds.

Seriously, I just went to Vegas, then a few GMK sales, Wife wanted her own custom keyboard with zealios, now these! Brb time to go work my corner >_>

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 14:20:40 »
Dear god... One of my most expensive July ever... Vacation and a heck of a lot of GBs all at the same time. Original plan was to get that colourful Korean set, so now I gotta stab the wallet again. Guess I'll be selling some stuff soon to recoup funds.

Seriously, I just went to Vegas, then a few GMK sales, Wife wanted her own custom keyboard with zealios, now these! Brb time to go work my corner >_>

I was also in Vegas (and 11 other places in the US) this month and a few days of June. And GMK sales and Modern Beige and Duck Blackbird (seriously, I had preferred waiting a few more months, but well it's now or never) and now HKP started selling bloodsplatter WASD kits? RIP me, haha.

Offline wongie

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 16:45:21 »
Gutted that classic purple did not make it :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 July 2016, 17:30:43 by wongie »

Offline Makeo

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 21:53:55 »
So I'm trying to order a set and there is no where to write in for the "two tone" or "Modern Beige" for my options? It just asks for my pay pal then "complete order"

*edit* Nevermind me, I'm just slow.  :))
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 July 2016, 23:39:40 by Makeo »

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 01:42:45 »
I just placed another order for the Hangul Cyan and Pink set. Once again I do not receive a text box to leave a message. Please note that I do not have an account at the site, I just used PayPal to place both my orders. Could this be the reason for the text box not showing up?

I really would like to leave a message to inform that both my orders should be joined. This is to avoid double shipping fees. Also to specify the two tone option.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 01:55:41 »
I just placed another order for the Hangul Cyan and Pink set. Once again I do not receive a text box to leave a message. Please note that I do not have an account at the site, I just used PayPal to place both my orders. Could this be the reason for the text box not showing up?

I really would like to leave a message to inform that both my orders should be joined. This is to avoid double shipping fees. Also to specify the two tone option.

Send us an e-mail after your order, and we can manually add it for you!

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 02:05:10 »

Thank you. I just noticed your reply after sending a message using to contact form on the site. Is that sufficient or should I send an e-mail also?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 02:40:39 »

Thank you. I just noticed your reply after sending a message using to contact form on the site. Is that sufficient or should I send an e-mail also?

That's all you would need :)

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 05:10:31 »
No need to apologise. Thank you for the support and doing this GB. :-)

Offline snowkid2themax

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 14:48:24 »
Any rough estimate on when another round of this might launch?

Offline tomboy

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 15:19:58 »
Any rough estimate on when another round of this might launch?

I asked sherryton in PM about this:
Quote from: sherryton
As soon as this group buy finishes, I want to run another round 2~3 months after.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 15:21:24 »
Shoot. Just realized today is the deadline. Unfortunately I cannot join, but I'd love a Hangul Blue & Red if there will be extras at all.

Offline Liar

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 07:55:22 »
How's the group buy going?  I notice it is still active on Originative

Offline building_an_ergo

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 08:17:49 »
Is it too late to place an order?

Site seems like it would accept it still, but the date is passed.

Offline Applet

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 13:53:17 »
Oh, I just joined (Classic Black) even tho the deadline passed, stupid of me :-[
EDIT: Not so stupid after all ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 August 2016, 01:20:10 by Applet »

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 01:33:17 »
Is it too late to place an order?

Site seems like it would accept it still, but the date is passed.

How's the group buy going?  I notice it is still active on Originative

We have extras, so it's not too late. I had to order extras to reach MOQ.

Offline Adgar

• * Vendor
    • Pheilcia
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 03:33:15 »
Maybe,Just because I am a new comer.I even don't konow how to pay for it.What I said just a lot messages .Is there another link about your goup buy? How can I get that?

Offline tomboy

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 03:37:52 »
Maybe,Just because I am a new comer.I even don't konow how to pay for it.What I said just a lot messages .Is there another link about your goup buy? How can I get that?

https://www.originativeco.com/products/modern-beige :)

Offline Liar

« Reply #168 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 22:41:15 »
Is September 9th still the date orders will be shipped?

Offline SYRE

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 14:19:06 »
Just got an email saying the order is cancelled due to lack of interest? Any updates? And why is it taking 15 days to come to that conclusion?

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 14:31:12 »
Just got an email saying the order is cancelled due to lack of interest? Any updates? And why is it taking 15 days to come to that conclusion?

Mate I got that email on July 28th... They give you the option of switching to a different colour or refund you the money. You didn't check then? This is basically how group buys work. You don't get enough sign-ups, the set doesn't get made.

The email I got offered me options in these sets:

Classic (Black)
Classic (Dark Blue)
Hangul (Blue and Red)
Hangul (Cyan and Pink)
Hangul (Black and Purple)
Japanese (Black and Red)
Japanese (Red and Black)
Japanese (Purple and Cyan)
Japanese (Black and Black)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline SYRE

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 08:55:03 »
I pretty much get how group buys work. I ordered my set (Classic Black) on the 29th, then I contacted them adding a set of black blanks a couple of days later, they said that was no problem. Since then I havn't heard anything.

If I would have ordered something rare I wouldn't ask. But since I know alot of people did order the Classic black I'm a bit confused, that's all. But I'm no guessing the email is about the black blanks i ordered.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 12:51:39 »
I pretty much get how group buys work. I ordered my set (Classic Black) on the 29th, then I contacted them adding a set of black blanks a couple of days later, they said that was no problem. Since then I havn't heard anything.

If I would have ordered something rare I wouldn't ask. But since I know alot of people did order the Classic black I'm a bit confused, that's all. But I'm no guessing the email is about the black blanks i ordered.

I see, that's a bit silly that you can't get your second set, but I think Sherryton said in an earlier thread that Originative will try to run Modern Beige again in the near future so maybe keep an eye out.

And also get in touch with Originative to make sure which one has been cancelled due to low orders
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Applet

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 13:40:11 »

I placed my order of Modern Beige (Classic Black) on the first of August and my order have not been canceled (yet). So my guess is that it is the blanks that have been canceled.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 17:38:35 »

Hello SYRE,

We're sorry about the lack of updates. The manufacturer took awhile in taking our orders.

There's going to be some slight delays as we are working on the pantone colors (we had just finished this week), and we are now having the product be sent in to our dye-subber. We are still working with MOZ to perfect the legends so it will be an easy process for our dye-subber.

We want to make sure we get every step perfect. We were hoping we can finish this set within a month, but it may take up to 2 MONTHS.

Offline SYRE

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 08:37:30 »
It was the Black Blanks that were cancelled. Really wanted some black blanks, but I'll have to settle with Classic black and som beige blanks :)

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 13:26:03 »
I've already purchased a set, but is that alternate shift key a 1.5 or a 1.75?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 18 August 2016, 14:01:05 »
I've already purchased a set, but is that alternate shift key a 1.5 or a 1.75?

Offline Luneth

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 23 August 2016, 17:00:36 »
Ordered a black dye-sub set. Will I be able to get an extra 2.25 shift for a FC660?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 23:30:27 »
Hey kbdists :)

Here's an update on the group buy!

The sets are done with samples. We are about to go into full production for dye-sublimation, and it should be done soon.

I think the sets came out REALLY good. They did really good with the F & J because previously, it's usually placed real oddly with the bar.

Let me know what you guys think! I'll get more pictures real soon.

Mod Edit: fixed broken image tag and removed more tag.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 September 2016, 13:05:53 by infiniti »

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 23:47:56 »
Are these cherry profile?
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline ceflame

« Reply #181 on: Sat, 03 September 2016, 23:49:14 »
I noticed that they didn't do the side-legends for the samples (and missing capslock sublegend for Jpn set).
Is that a mistake or is it just them not wanting to do side-legends for the samples?

Either way, looks pretty good so far.

edit: also is it just me or does the down-arrow position look strange? (nvm seems like all enjoypbt sets have their arrow keys like that..)
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 September 2016, 23:52:42 by ceflame »

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 00:04:03 »

Yes, these are Cherry Profile with PBT Plastic and Dye-Sublimation printing.

I noticed that they didn't do the side-legends for the samples (and missing capslock sublegend for Jpn set).
Is that a mistake or is it just them not wanting to do side-legends for the samples?

edit: also is it just me or does the down-arrow position look strange? (nvm seems like all enjoypbt sets have their arrow keys like that..)

I believe they will not make all side legends as it's a lot of work. They will do 3 per set, but I have to confirm.

Offline airs

« Reply #183 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 00:05:24 »
Is there a pic? It's not showing up for me :(
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 00:17:20 »

Yes, these are Cherry Profile with PBT Plastic and Dye-Sublimation printing.

I believe they will not make all side legends as it's a lot of work. They will do 3 per set, but I have to confirm.

Thanks, are there any pictures or renders of the blanks?
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline ceflame

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 00:33:40 »

That's actually quite a bummer to hear  :( .. I can't imagine I'm the only one who was really looking forward to the side legends, especially since it was in the advertised mockups.
Seems like it only really affects the Japanese sets though.

For those who can't access the samples image, right click and open it in a new tab and fix the link.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 September 2016, 00:37:12 by ceflame »

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 00:49:48 »

That's actually quite a bummer to hear  :( .. I can't imagine I'm the only one who was really looking forward to the side legends, especially since it was in the advertised mockups.

For those who can't access the samples image, right click and open it in a new tab and fix the link.

Yeah, I'm real sorry about that. I can honor a 100% refund for you!

If anyone else has a problem with the side legends right now and need a refund, please e-mail us!

Offline airs

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 00:54:48 »
Pics?
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline ceflame

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 01:18:48 »

If anyone else has a problem with the side legends right now and need a refund, please e-mail us!

Though I'm a little sad, missing a couple side legends isn't a deal breaker for me. Thanks for the GB and updates Sherryton.

Pics?

Look above at Sherryton's post.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 September 2016, 17:55:45 by ceflame »

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 02:29:47 »

Though I'm a little sad, missing a couple side legends isn't a deal breaker for me. Thanks for the GB and updates Sherryton.

Pics?

Show Image

its far more better than i expected hype :p

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 15:46:27 »
Front printing would have been nice, but I always assumed that it was not likely to happen at this price.

They look good.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #191 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 20:49:05 »
Front printing would have been nice, but I always assumed that it was not likely to happen at this price.

They look good.

Yeah, I'll have to see on Monday when they are available.

These should be shipping near the end of the month though! :)

Offline depreshun

• Reddit: risingremains
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 21:14:55 »
Went for a Classic Black set. Excited to see the finished product!

Offline airs

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 14:48:55 »

They look good.

Hey Sherryton, any new pics?

Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:10:42 »

They look good.

New album! All the colors we saw were really good except the Miami set. We are trying to fix it before producing them. We'll show pictures of the Miami set when they are ready

After we set everything, sets should be done within no time.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:36:31 by sherryton »

Offline tomboy

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:24:25 »

They look good.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

New album! All the colors we saw were really good except the Miami set. We are trying to fix it before producing them. We'll show pictures of the Miami set when they are ready

After we set everything, sets should be done within no time.

Oh, shoot, I regret the refund now... the purple looked so different on the product page.
I wish I had known it's a nice dark purple, cause it looks really nice.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:59:18 »
Oh my god... That looks friggin gorgeous! Can't wait!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 15:07:05 »
The Japanese Purple Cyan looks even better than I thought it would... I'm HYPEEED

Offline Kubiedo

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 15:47:18 »
Hey Sherryton,

Is the pricing for these still $80? I was looking at the website, and it says 90 :)

Thanks!

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #199 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 15:59:43 »
Hey Sherryton,

Is the pricing for these still $80? I was looking at the website, and it says 90 :)

Thanks!

Hello Kubiedo,

The pricing is not at $80 anymore :(