Author Topic: [GB] Modern Beige  (Read 171053 times)

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
Re: [GB] Modern Beige
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 19:29:03 »
So just to be clear: blue-red Japanese won't happen in this round?

We think we will hold that for the next round. We are hoping the ones we have will be successful.
The purple and cyan looks really good though.
Biking is fun.

Offline Antacs

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 19:39:00 »
Can you give some more info on the differences between the blanks colors?

https://www.originativeco.com/products/60-blanks?variant=16851522309

Beige is the mono-beige color. The light grey is the color of the modifiers for the Classic Beige. Dark Grey = Dark Grey. I'll try to get a picture of Black soon.

Excellent.  Thanks for the prompt reply!

Offline ninnysquat

• Mes Que Un Club
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 20:25:04 »

We think we will hold that for the next round. We are hoping the ones we have will be successful.

I've heard that with enough interest, you might consider making in this round?
It's a wonderful colorway and I'd really hate to settle on something not as nice.

Can you confirm?

Filco Majestouch Ninja TKL

Offline Liar

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 22:15:43 »

I'm in for a purple and cyan as well - hearing someone else's positive opinion of it gives me hope it will succeed

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 23:42:50 »

It's a wonderful colorway and I'd really hate to settle on something not as nice.

Can you confirm?

Added Blue and Red from the amount of request.

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 01:52:59 »

Can you confirm?

Is the Japanese blue lighter than the Korean blue?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 02:32:57 »

Can you confirm?

Is the Japanese blue lighter than the Korean blue?

Yes, it's slightly lighter.

Offline redskull

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 07:16:18 »
arabic in gold is not available at the drop down menu. an error or just as it is? no problem with me either way, just wanted to confirm things.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 11:47:38 »
arabic in gold is not available at the drop down menu. an error or just as it is? no problem with me either way, just wanted to confirm things.

The Arabic with Black and Gold isn't available

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 12:13:03 »
Sorry, this is probably a really stupid question... On the product's page it says:

How to select Dual Tone. At Checkout, please leave a message like the following:

Using the colors from the Blank options

1. Modifiers - Dark Grey
2. Alphas - Light Grey

Do I have to specify this if I want the exact same dual tone color setup as the product images? So if I do not specify anything in a message I will receive both alphas and modifiers in the same color?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 18:26:21 »
Sorry, this is probably a really stupid question... On the product's page it says:

How to select Dual Tone. At Checkout, please leave a message like the following:

1. Modifiers - Dark Grey
2. Alphas - Light Grey

Do I have to specify this if I want the exact same dual tone color setup as the product images? So if I do not specify anything in a message I will receive both alphas and modifiers in the same color?

You have to select two colors at checkout. The option for the one as product images would just be Modern Beige Blanks. Please write 'Modern Beige'.

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 22:15:37 »

1. Modifiers - Dark Grey
2. Alphas - Light Grey

You have to select two colors at checkout. The option for the one as product images would just be Modern Beige Blanks. Please write 'Modern Beige'.

Is it okay to order 2 different color ways for the base vs mods? Can I order regular english base in blue and purple/cyan japanese mods?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 03:53:51 »

1. Modifiers - Dark Grey
2. Alphas - Light Grey

Is it okay to order 2 different color ways for the base vs mods? Can I order regular english base in blue and purple/cyan japanese mods?

No, we cannot do that at this time :(

Offline snowkid2themax

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 06:19:46 »
Any confirmation on the Korean font? The mockups look like gungsuh, but the MOD Keyboards set on Originative uses a different font (which has a compressed ㅊ, ㅎ, and off set ㄹ compared to EnjoyPBT's set). Also any samples of the Cyan dye? I have the EnjoyPBT Cyan and Pink, and the Cyan ended up closer to blue

Offline doethe

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 11:53:05 »

Would of like to have seen Cyan and Pink Japanese to go with the CMYW Modifiers, guess I should learn a different language. :-\

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 10:35:25 »
Sets that might not make it:

Classic (Deep Red), Classic (Forest Green), Arabic (Black and Green), Hangul (Black and Blue), Hangul (Cyan and Pink), and Russian (Black and Red).

I really recommend you guys to purchase the other sets, because I might have to refund these.

Update: On Friday, I'll be refunding the orders that have very little amount ordered. I'll remove those items from the listing and people can make an order for the other items.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 July 2016, 11:02:59 by sherryton »

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 16:21:56 »

Russian (Black and Red).

I really recommend you guys to purchase the other sets, because I might have to refund these.

How many away are we on MOQ for this set? I really want it :(

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 17:46:12 »

Russian (Black and Red).

How many away are we on MOQ for this set? I really want it :(

Each color has a MOQ of 35. This item has less than 5 purchased. We would help purchase the rest if it reached 15, but it doesn't seem like it will happen.

Offline tomboy

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 17:48:43 »
Current Order Count:

Blank: 2
Classic: 8
Arabic: 3
Hangul: 7
Japanese: 14
Russian: 4

Can we get an update on this (/on the colours)?

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 18:59:34 »
Each color has a MOQ of 35. This item has less than 5 purchased. We would help purchase the rest if it reached 15, but it doesn't seem like it will happen.

darn. Thank you for the reply :)

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 20:14:41 »

Classic (Deep Red), Classic (Forest Green), Arabic (Black and Green), Hangul (Black and Blue), Hangul (Cyan and Pink), and Russian (Black and Red).

Update: On Friday, I'll be refunding the orders that have very little amount ordered. I'll remove those items from the listing and people can make an order for the other items.

Oh no! How many more Hangul Black & Blue needs to be ordered to hit the moq?
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 20:56:44 »
Current Order Count:

Around 30

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83409.msg2217361#msg2217361

Offline redskull

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 21:05:03 »
Current Order Count:

Around 30

im getting each of blue and green arabic. i will order this weekend. how much exactly minimum needed for the green arabic to be in production?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 21:06:39 »
Current Order Count:

Around 30

im getting each of blue and green arabic. i will order this weekend. how much exactly minimum needed for the green arabic to be in production?

Realistically, there are only 2 colors so it would be 50 each or 100 total.

If it reaches 20-25 each, then I will help buy up the rest of the MOQ. This is what we hope to do for most group buys (help reach MOQ).

Offline redskull

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 21:46:12 »
Current Order Count:

Around 30

Realistically, there are only 2 colors so it would be 50 each or 100 total.

If it reaches 20-25 each, then I will help buy up the rest of the MOQ. This is what we hope to do for most group buys (help reach MOQ).

dang.. ok i will try my best with the orders later. at least the blue is safe and it is the original flavour.

Offline Liar

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 22:38:33 »
Color Count:

Japanese (Purple and Cyan): 17
Japanese (Red and Black): 10
Japanese (Black and Red): 10
Hangul (Blue and Red): 10
Arabic (Black and Blue): 10
Classic (Dark Blue): 9
Russian (Black and Orange): 8
Russian (Cyan and Pink): 8
Japanese (Black and Black): 8
Hangul (Black and Purple): 8
Classic (Royal Purple): 3
Classic (Black): 3
Classic (Orange): 3

The rest of these has 2 or less http://imgur.com/a/ZNnNh

It looks like the Japanese and Hangul might almost pull through.

might almost pull through

lol

Offline ceflame

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 23:25:03 »
I'm in for 2 japanese sets (black/red and black/black). Who are all the weirdos ordering purple/cyan? :P

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 23:54:27 »
I'm close to ordering a classic red.  How many more needed to hit MOQ?

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 00:52:34 »
I'm in for 2 japanese sets (black/red and black/black). Who are all the weirdos ordering purple/cyan? :P

Even though I suggested it in the IC, im surprised that it's the popular choice. I threw in for 2 sets of it, and I'll give one to a friend. Just want to help extra to make it happen.

I think uniqueness has something to do with it. There's been a somewhat regular schedule of dyesub sets run here, even if by different manufacturers/subliminators. The common ones, like the cyan/pink hangul, the red/black Cyrillic are probably already owned by many. My guess is they will probably hit moq the next time around.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 02:52:43 »

Even though I suggested it in the IC, im surprised that it's the popular choice.

Didn't you suggest Purple/Cyan hangul?  I'm pretty sure I was the first one suggesting that colorway for the Hiragana set. I did so mainly because it was lacking any brighter colorways and also because I needed a set with Purple  :). The renders look a lot better than I would have thought, I hope the real thing will also be that good.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 05:33:08 »

Say what! Nooo... I am sad now... I'm gonna put an order for the sets below. Just waiting for some funds.

Classic Forest Green
Hangul Cyan and Pink
Hangul Blue and Red
Japanese Black and Red

Also interested in a reply to the questions below:

Any confirmation on the Korean font? The mockups look like gungsuh, but the MOD Keyboards set on Originative uses a different font (which has a compressed ㅊ, ㅎ, and off set ㄹ compared to EnjoyPBT's set). Also any samples of the Cyan dye? I have the EnjoyPBT Cyan and Pink, and the Cyan ended up closer to blue

Edit: Given the orders as of now I might have to rethink which sets to order. I was really hoping Hangul Cyan and Pink would meet MOQ.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 July 2016, 05:41:06 by ctrlX »

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 07:48:35 »
About the font, Sheraton might be able to clarify more, but if we have enough (Don't remember the exact number) Hangul orders irrespective of color scheme, we can get the Gungsuh font, if not we'll fall back to the font seen on Originative store right now. IIRC Sheraton mentioned he will send out a notification email on the final font happening before we move to production.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 08:59:30 »
The purple/cyan Japanese was my second choice, but alas I can do only one set before the deadline, so I'll be ordering the blue/red Hangul.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 11:48:12 »
Let me in for 2 Arabic Blue,  صباح الخير 

Offline smart5088

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 14:12:58 »
Arabic (black and dark blue) interest. before buy, keycap reall image can i see ?

Offline jerue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 14:27:41 »
Arabic (black and dark blue) interest. before buy, keycap reall image can i see ?

:)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 14:51:45 »
Please No muddy blue!  I want turquoise like clean blue.  If not, i will be very disappointed.
Peacock, Arabic Dyesubs ... Will be our reference.
Thanks
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 July 2016, 14:54:41 by sprit »

Offline onodera

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 15:02:07 »

Show Image

:)

This set seems to be an exact copy of the CHERRY G81-3000 SAA keycaps, are are some pics:

http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/photo/6473400
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/photo/9090382

Please No muddy blue!  I want turquoise like clean blue.  If not, i will be very disappointed.
Thanks

I really want to blue to be turquoise like as well, since many people have told me that the dark blue looks like scribbled on stuff with a pencil, and I have to agree.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 18:57:28 »
Let me in for 2 Arabic Blue,   صباح الخير صباح الخير
Thanks

Turquoise like clean blue,  Not dursky, Not muddy texture... Or Purple?   

These seem  going to be better Colour  than Old Cherry SAA DyeSubs for me.
Lets Try somethin' different?          Dear MOZ! 
;)

http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/photo/9090382
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/?_filter=search&act=&mid=photo&category=&search_target=nick_name&search_keyword=SPRIT   
142892-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 July 2016, 19:18:55 by sprit »

Offline Sempre

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 19:41:31 »
I think it's a good thing to start with the blue that replicates the original set and then start exploring different colors.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 19:44:41 »
I think it's a good thing to start with the blue that replicates the original set and then start exploring different colors.
Agree!   Just I am ignorant what kinds of other Arabic out there ?  ::)   

Offline Sempre

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 21:20:49 »
Agree!   Just I am ignorant what kinds of other Arabic out there ?  ::)   

You mean Arabic sets from cherry keyboards? If so i have only seen the one you mentioned above.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 21:22:34 »
Oh  I mean  New Caps sets in the past GBs.

I typed the Arabic Dyesubs before, the same one in the pic.

Offline Sempre

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 01:08:42 »
Oh  I mean  New Caps sets in the past GBs.

I typed the Arabic Dyesubs before, the same one in the pic.

As far as I know this is the first Arabic dyesub GB

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 01:31:05 »
Oh!  Thanks  Sempre!
Cherry Profile  Yes?
Arabic w Turquoise, or Purple side fonts gonna be Fantastic.
Why Korean Hangul has so many color options??  I dont need them.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 03:05:57 »

About the font, Sheraton might be able to clarify more, but if we have enough (Don't remember the exact number) Hangul orders irrespective of color scheme, we can get the Gungsuh font, if not we'll fall back to the font seen on Originative store right now. IIRC Sheraton mentioned he will send out a notification email on the final font happening before we move to production.

Thank you for the info. Really hope the Gungsuh font will be used. IMO it looks so much better.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 03:24:38 »
Yes,  Gung Suh  Style fonts are more vintage,  than Hangul Gothic

Gung  궁  宮  =  Palace ,    Suh  서 書  =   calligraphy  書藝   :  The Font style popular among girls in the Korean palace since 500 years ago.

https://www.google.co.kr/?ion=1&espv=2#q=Gung+Suh   
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 July 2016, 03:58:34 by sprit »

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 13:16:25 »
Hello Sherryton!
Could you please answer my questions on Arabic w Turquoise or Purple after Your weekend?
I might order it a bit more if necessary.
Have a Nice Weekend All ! 

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 15:04:04 »
Order placed and paid.

Japanese Purple and Cyan
Japanese Black and Red
Hangul Blue and Red

I had to deviate from my original plan and dropped Classic Forest Green and Hangul Cyan and Pink due to the low order count. If I had more funds I would place an order for those two also to help reach MOQ. Unfortunately there are too many sets out now that I want and my wallet is bleeding.

At checkout I never had an option to leave a message for dual tone. Guess that only applies to the blank sets(?). My ordered sets will have dark grey modifiers and light grey alphas, just as the product images right?

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 15:40:23 »
I initially ordered Classic Red but it looks like that isn't gonna meet MOQ. Is it possible to change my order to Classic Blue without having to refund and re-order (I ordered mine along with the Skeletor set)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac