Author Topic: [IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2 [NOW LIVE!]  (Read 155080 times)

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
[IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2 [NOW LIVE!]
« on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 18:57:36 »
www.kbdist.com/sky-dolch

Some keys are missing in the mock ups such as Stepped Caps Lock and a full RGBYO kit which we are aware of.

218 keys for $199.

Let me know what you guys think are missing from this set.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 October 2016, 20:23:24 by sherryton »

Offline Saint Chewy

Re: [IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:00:05 »
Love sky dolch Please leave options for the windows 8 key and nubbed f and j keys and it will be perfect for me
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 September 2016, 20:49:15 by Saint Chewy »

Offline Dr_Alphabet

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:05:19 »
of course people love this set but what the hell is someone like me supposed to do with the extra 131 keys? This hot tubs too hot! I'm not coming back here anymore!
Look at me. Look at me. Look what I can do. I'm amazing - Peter Gabriel

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:13:08 »
i prefer Win8 or Code or diamond in double-shot to win 98 in pad-print.
i am fond of magenta and yellow and other color legend MOD, keep them on.
MOD could be departed from base kit ? someone may have bought R1 SKY DOLCH. someone may like both base and mod.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:31:04 by shower_king »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:14:05 »
of course people love this set but what the hell is someone like me supposed to do with the extra 131 keys? This hot tubs too hot! I'm not coming back here anymore!
Kappa.

Would love to pick the RGBY keys separately for us current sky Dolch owners.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:20:37 »
I still don't know a whole lot about mechanical keyboards beyond the very basics, so something like this, while seeming excessive, at least will have everything I need for whatever I end up getting myself into.

A concern of mine is that when I finally start purchasing parts to put boards together I will not know enough not to get a cap set that doesn't work with the board I am trying to build. This seems like a nice, albeit expensive safety net.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:23:24 »
The mixed coloured modifiers + any ~BoW = mmm
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:25:57 »
Love sky dolch Please leave options for the windows 10 key and nubbed f and j keys and it will be perfect for me

We should definitely include both F & J in this round...

Yes, we will look into Win98 (Double-Shot) or Diamond. I'm not a huge fan of the Windows 8...

Thanks for your words on the Magenta and Yellow keys :)

Kappa.

We'll do our best to make that happen!

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:26:51 »
Bought... in my mind. I had a feeling this day would be coming. That is a lot of caps, but if I was going to buy separate mods for it anyway then it doesn't seem like a bad deal.

Edit: I see 1u  "00" but maybe a 1u "0" if we are being very thorough.

Offline OompaLoompa

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:40:13 »
I'm admittedly new to this community but why exactly is this being offered as just one super large kit instead of as separate child kits? Why not allow what mods people want instead of forcing someone to buy the entire set. I would like to own a sky dolch tkl set but dont need it in Iso, and Whitefox, and with yellow mods, and magenta mods, and green mods, and....

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:50:01 »
I'm admittedly new to this community but why exactly is this being offered as just one super large kit instead of as separate child kits? Why not allow what mods people want instead of forcing someone to buy the entire set. I would like to own a sky dolch tkl set but dont need it in Iso, and Whitefox, and with yellow mods, and magenta mods, and green mods, and....

It's really difficult from certain manufacturers to produce Child Kids. It's a lot easier to make the rest of the kits a reality by making it in one larger kit. Previously, we had about 65% of the keys for $180. I'm just trying to give a pre-order/early bird special to people who wants to pick up a Sky Dolch set!

Offline OompaLoompa

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 19:54:41 »

It's really difficult from certain manufacturers to produce Child Kids. It's a lot easier to make the rest of the kits a reality by making it in one larger kit. Previously, we had about 65% of the keys for $180. I'm just trying to give a pre-order/early bird special to people who wants to pick up a Sky Dolch set!

Thanks for the response! I was genuinely curious and not trying to come off as a ****   :thumb: 199$ seems like a lot but I would love to get my hands on a sky dolch

Offline Saint Chewy

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 20:44:05 »
Love sky dolch Please leave options for the windows 10 key and nubbed f and j keys and it will be perfect for me

We should definitely include both F & J in this round...

Yes, we will look into Win98 (Double-Shot) or Diamond. I'm not a huge fan of the Windows 8...

Thanks for your words on the Magenta and Yellow keys :)

Kappa.

Please consider the windows 8 key. I understand this may not be to the liking of some people but at the same time people like myself may not be fond of using the win98 key on such a beautiful set in 2016.

I know you are trying to make this set a endgame set by including over 200 keys. This seriously would be my end game if it included that.

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 22:09:03 »

Right? What is the point of buying literally 2-4 times as many caps as necessary for most boards. Even the normal 117 kits cover most everything, I understand it is easier and "faster" for GB hosts to have one big kit, which seems to be the trend lately, but damn. Catering to the masses != catering to literally everyone.

Edit: but admittedly 218 keys for $200 seems to be one of the best key to $ ratios I have seen from a GMK buy lately.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 September 2016, 22:18:33 by Suembeaux »
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 22:59:15 »
I'll have a hard time spending $200 on a single set for a while since September has been so packed and October's looking busy as well but I'd say that's a pretty good deal for almost 220 keys of an awesome colourway; it's hard to cater to everybody and it does look like the trend lately is to have these kinda huge single kit buys, I'm pretty neutral on whether or not it's "better" than running multiple child packs but they're definitely nice for newer members who are unsure of what boards they'll be getting in the future - it's nice to have a (albeit expensive) safety net to fall back on as was mentioned by another user a few posts ago.

Good luck with the GB Sherry! Going to be hard for me to squeeze out the dough for this one but I'm in for Hyperfuse for sure.

Offline boo

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 23:03:16 »
As an owner of R1 Sky Dolch, I can say that the R1 Sky dolch had enough keys to fit my needs.

But I did get it @ r/MM for retail price rather than GB price.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 23:16:07 »
Count me in for a set  :thumb:
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline honeynugget

• /u/honeynugget on reddit
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 23:22:22 »
I would like windows 8 key instead of windows 7. windows 95 would be fine too if it's doubleshot instead of pad-printed. vendor-neutral diamond is good as well. so to reiterate, any of these for the windows key is good: doubleshot windows 95, windows 8 or diamond.

I prefer if there were less keys bundled but <$1 per key is good and I feel like excess keys can be sold in the classifieds or on /r/mechmarket

It would help a lot to see a render of all the keys but since this is a preorder, I assume that the renders are coming.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 23:55:36 »
Kappa.

sherry, it would really be appreciated if you could make those magenta and other colored mods available separately to us original sky dolch buyers. :)  i'm really interested in those.  thanks!
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 00:46:37 »
Kappa.

sherry, it would really be appreciated if you could make those magenta and other colored mods available separately to us original sky dolch buyers. :)  i'm really interested in those.  thanks!

definitely. I'll work on that

I would like windows 8 key instead of windows 7. windows 95 would be fine too if it's doubleshot instead of pad-printed. vendor-neutral diamond is good as well. so to reiterate, any of these for the windows key is good: doubleshot windows 95, windows 8 or diamond.

I prefer if there were less keys bundled but <$1 per key is good and I feel like excess keys can be sold in the classifieds or on /r/mechmarket

It would help a lot to see a render of all the keys but since this is a preorder, I assume that the renders are coming.

Windows 95 or Diamond is the way to go :)

We're working on renders. We just need to which keys people want!
I'll have a hard time spending $200 on a single set for a while since September has been so packed and October's looking busy as well but I'd say that's a pretty good deal for almost 220 keys of an awesome colourway; it's hard to cater to everybody and it does look like the trend lately is to have these kinda huge single kit buys, I'm pretty neutral on whether or not it's "better" than running multiple child packs but they're definitely nice for newer members who are unsure of what boards they'll be getting in the future - it's nice to have a (albeit expensive) safety net to fall back on as was mentioned by another user a few posts ago.

Good luck with the GB Sherry! Going to be hard for me to squeeze out the dough for this one but I'm in for Hyperfuse for sure.

There'll be time. We may run this in November to let everyone's wallet heal. I threw the Interest Check to gather all the information beforehand :)

Offline ReadmeDotTxt

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 01:17:15 »
these look gorgeous. my wallet will thank your later release :)

Offline Data

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 06:32:12 »
Sky Dolch owner here.  This set looks so much better in person.  Worth every penny.

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 06:50:23 »
When I first saw sky dolch i didnt like it, but i think it was just the way people were color balancing their photos. I'd definitely buy this now and apparently every other product Oco puts in their store. god damnit.

Offline cmd

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 07:20:17 »
This ish right here. Nice improvements, sherry. And holy hell, 218 keys with all of those mods. Love it. Pretty excited.

It's like Miami Nights without Ivan, :kappa:

Added: Why are some of the pink modifier's textless (i.e. the shifts)? Also, will you add the hhkb backspace and fn for the pink modifiers? There is no pink 1u windows keys, I guess instead there is 1u control and 1u alts? I am not sure about those two... much rather have the 2 1u pink windows and add pink fn and hhkb back space  :p :p
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 September 2016, 07:55:39 by cmd »

Offline jeffbolton

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 08:31:24 »
I think separating the magenta mods, but also R5 for the original Sky Dolch owners. I generally prefer these big sets, but in this case I already have SD and just want the extras.  However I'll buy it either way.

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 09:00:48 »
Woohoo! Looks wonderful.

Edit: Consider this a vote for any non-OS-specific mod keys. Code, blank, diamond, a turd (as someone else suggested); doesn't matter to me, so long as it is logo-free.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 September 2016, 11:38:49 by jal »

Offline punkpc

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 09:54:23 »
Please do Code or diamond in double-shot for the Windows keys. Even a Win8 key is better then the Win 98 key.

Geekhack, GMK, novelty keys.

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 11:26:10 »
I agree with previous posts:
Win8/10 logo > diamond > 'Code' (or any other text) > blank > WinXP logo > whatever logo > a turd >>>>>> Win3.x/9x logo.

Everything else looks very nice.

EDIT: Hm, I'd also prefer the Modern Menu logo (square with 3 lines inside). Nowadays the 3 line symbol aka hamburger is the universal symbol for 'menu'. The old Menu logo (with the dropdown and the mouse cursor) looks very outdated (same as the Win 3.x logo!).
I get that some people like their keyboards to look retro, but for me (and maybe more people) cleaner, modern symbols are better and more beautiful.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 September 2016, 13:05:55 by Endeavour1934 »

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 12:11:13 »
I don't use Windows, mostly Linux and MacOS, so diamonds would be rad.  Not sure I'd be able to jump in due to the extra keys, but we'll see with timing!

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 12:16:16 »
Blanks for flippers and sanders please, and for those who don't like vendor stamps - I'm assuming blanks are cheap too
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 12:45:59 »
I feel dumb for asking since no one else in the thread has, os there any release date or speculated ETA?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 13:28:50 »
these look gorgeous. my wallet will thank your later release :)

thanks <3
This ish right here. Nice improvements, sherry. And holy hell, 218 keys with all of those mods. Love it. Pretty excited.

Added: Why are some of the pink modifier's textless (i.e. the shifts)? Also, will you add the hhkb backspace and fn for the pink modifiers? There is no pink 1u windows keys, I guess instead there is 1u control and 1u alts? I am not sure about those two... much rather have the 2 1u pink windows and add pink fn and hhkb back space  :p :p

Yeah... The Dolch look is a lot better imo. I've been waiting to do this since we got our first Sky Dolch set in... I really screwed up on the R5, but I was going after what Triumph Adler offered.

I think separating the magenta mods, but also R5 for the original Sky Dolch owners. I generally prefer these big sets, but in this case I already have SD and just want the extras.  However I'll buy it either way.

I might have to separate it. Gotta include all the previous buyers!

I feel dumb for asking since no one else in the thread has, os there any release date or speculated ETA?

I'm going to give a date towards end of November.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 13:43:10 »
I'm going to give a date towards end of November.

End of NOVEMBER. Now I'm very happy, thank you for letting us take a breather Sherry!

Offline Don Snow

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 17:32:40 »
When this set is available, I am DEFINATELY going to snatch up a set. Please, count me in. FYI if anyone has a link to, or is planning to make this color way for Topre caps, that would be great. I wasnt around for the first Dolch hook-up, and I damn sure wont miss this one. Thank you OP.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 17:39:25 »
I wish I could do this, been wanting a Sky Dolch set for a while, but with the addition of all the extra keys, and with big unplanned bills coming up, I'm not sure if I can afford this. Wish there was an option to just get the base kit (standard 104 with 1800 and UK ISO)  :(
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline arhetue

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 19:30:53 »
Count me in.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 20:07:53 »
I don't mind the large base kit. Frankly, I don't even mind the mods being a mandatory part of the buy. At $200 this is a great price. However, I do think it is beneficial not only to those who don't want the colored mods but also to those with Sky Dolch kits already to have the mods be made available separately. Buuut if this means that I'll have to pay more to get the colored mods and the base kit separately I may not approve.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 23:12:15 »
I wish I could do this, been wanting a Sky Dolch set for a while, but with the addition of all the extra keys, and with big unplanned bills coming up, I'm not sure if I can afford this. Wish there was an option to just get the base kit (standard 104 with 1800 and UK ISO)  :(

I'll definitely see if I can split it up.

Count me in.

Counted :D

I don't mind the large base kit. Frankly, I don't even mind the mods being a mandatory part of the buy. At $200 this is a great price. However, I do think it is beneficial not only to those who don't want the colored mods but also to those with Sky Dolch kits already to have the mods be made available separately. Buuut if this means that I'll have to pay more to get the colored mods and the base kit separately I may not approve.

Yeah, I might have to split it up. I would have just made these sets straight through the manufacturer, but I wanted to gather feedback on this Phase 2 before we move forward. I think I know where most people stand.

Offline priyadi

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 20 September 2016, 23:59:18 »
I like the set, but for $200 it would have to include things that actually benefit me, like Planck support or even Colemak layout. I don't care about 1800, R5, or 6u spacebar.

For win legends, may I suggest uppercase "CODE" from GMK TA Royal Alpha? They stand out better. Or if you can, maybe go for a new legend altogether like 'system' because I don't think 'code' is that well received (even if I do like them).
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.
Member of the flat keyboard society.
Keycap manifesto: "Key sets without vendor neutral Super key are worthless"

Offline HappyCatFish

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 00:09:44 »
Hey Sherryton!

I am super excited to see another run of Sky Dolch for all the people wanting the set who can't find one. Always happy to see more availability for cool GMK keysets.

I have one request though, I would love if there was a compatibility/color kit with all the keys not included in the original group buy for existing owners. I would love full R4 and R5 support as well as the color pack without having to buy another whole set.

Either way thank you so much for running this GB!

Offline Myd00m

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 04:22:52 »
Count me in.

Will there be a possibility to have gmk ship a few sets to Germany/have them stay here. It really doesn't make any sense to ship them to US and back to Europe and pay customs twice...

Maybe someone here get a big shipment and sent them on the way from here?

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 04:52:16 »
Will there be a possibility to have gmk ship a few sets to Germany/have them stay here. It really doesn't make any sense to ship them to US and back to Europe and pay customs twice...

The thing is they don't pay VAT (Mehrwertsteuer) when they order to the US, so the stuff that would be shipped within Germany would have to be done more or less in a different GB which is a lot of hassle.

Offline calavera

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 05:36:26 »
subscribed so I'll know when to join.

Offline SevenU

• Grimace is Black
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 05:40:41 »
Count me in.

Gmk won't ship them separately to Germany, but if you live near them take a chance and contact about possibly picking up your set (it can't hurt).

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Something, Something, blah, blah, blahbitty, blah

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 07:52:26 »
Hyperfuse and Sky Dolch don't really appeal to me but I'm still happy you rereleased/are planning on rereleasing them for others.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 12:54:04 »
Count me in.

The costs increases by 20% if you have it ship within Europe due to VAT.
Hey Sherryton!

I am super excited to see another run of Sky Dolch for all the people wanting the set who can't find one. Always happy to see more availability for cool GMK keysets.

I have one request though, I would love if there was a compatibility/color kit with all the keys not included in the original group buy for existing owners. I would love full R4 and R5 support as well as the color pack without having to buy another whole set.

Either way thank you so much for running this GB!

Thank you for your interest! We're looking on splitting some of the colored sets up. Still have a lot of shipping to do for HyperFuse, so the project is on hold.

subscribed so I'll know when to join.

Thanks calavera! I miss you :)

Hyperfuse and Sky Dolch don't really appeal to me but I'm still happy you rereleased/are planning on rereleasing them for others.

Thanks much! We're definitely trying to these more available to all users.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 13:04:25 »

Thanks for considering, my suggestion would be for the base kit to include full size/1800/WKL and ISO (basically like all the keys here: https://i.imgur.com/oFMFpFH.png) and then have a separate kit with all the coloured/alternate mods. I'd imagine existing owners of Sky Dolch would like this option too!

Offline Baddy126

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 13:08:43 »

Thanks for considering, my suggestion would be for the base kit to include full size/1800/WKL and ISO (basically like all the keys here: https://i.imgur.com/oFMFpFH.png) and then have a separate kit with all the coloured/alternate mods. I'd imagine existing owners of Sky Dolch would like this option too!

+1

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 16:07:06 »
Would you guys want to see a Dolch. Esc or Windows in the original font?

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 16:21:34 »
Would you guys want to see a Dolch. Esc or Windows in the original font?

Could you show a mock-up to better illustrate what you mean? Like the Serif font of the Dolch logo?