Author Topic: [GB] GMK HONEYWELL (In Production)  (Read 186401 times)

Offline mattgrimes

Re: [GB] GMK HONEYWELL
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 21:32:37 »
Is there any way we can get a 1U R4 "00" to accompany that 1U R4 "0" (I can't think of a layout in which you could use a 1U R4 0 without a 1U R4 00)? Also, there is a 6U space bar included, correct? If yes to both, I am in!

PS geez are people normally this rude to GB runners? Give the guy a break. He's just trying to do what's best for everyone  :(

edit: I stand corrected. 1800 uses 1U R4 "0". Well regardless, can us stand-alone numpadders get a hook up? I would have no problem paying a few $ extra to get that keycap.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 12:56:12 by mattgrimes »

Offline Hoaryhag

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 01:13:32 »
Nice classic colors.  I might be up for this if you get an updated pic.  Although, I would be more willing with the windows keys unchanged.  I don't really see how "code" fits this scheme.  That said, I am much more in favor of a shorter gb and lower price.  Nice work!

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 02:20:29 »
Code key is not my type and keep the Win logo for good. Thx!
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 02:48:08 »
Any way we can get a 1U R4 "00" to accompany that 1U R4 "0" (I can't think of a layout in which you could use a 1U R4 0 without a 1U R4 00)? Also, There is a 6U space bar included, correct? If yes to both, I am in!

PS geez are people normally this rude to GB runners? Give the guy a break. He's just trying to do what's best for everyone  :(

1800 is a common enthusiast layout that uses 1u zero and not 1u 00. I'd say this is more popular among enthusiasts than full numpad with the tqo zeroes
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 02:53:51 »
You should really have a definitive set before offering it for sale.

"Interest Checks" sub-forum is quite useful for this. Though it does mean publishing your plans in front of competitors...

well... that's a (very small) risk we must take.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 19:50:14 »
Thanks people for your participation in the group buy. I'm with family now, so it's hard for me to respond. I have worked with Andy and we made 2 new updates. Both Updates are in the OP as well.

Update #1:

Thank you everyone who have participated in the Honeywell Group Buy so far and have continued to support us. For the people that have already joined, you guys will get our new updated kit with the extra keys at no extra cost. For all new participants, the cost have increased by $6. Andy and I will fill in the rest of the payments to help incur the costs.

Update #2:

There's a new color used on the grey. The grey is GPA which is almost exactly the same grey used on the SA Honeywell. The MOQ is 250, but I promised 150 MOQ. With all the support we got with this group buy, I'm willing to push the set myself. The set will go through. We will make payment to GMK next week. Feel free to continue ordering until January!

Also the render has been updated. My goal is not to make you pay for an item and then change the item to a completely different item without the customer's authorization. I will send updates through e-mail when we make a final decision on the item. As we only added extra items but not take out any other items, we did not need to send out any e-mails.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 19:51:34 »
OP has been updated by Sherry.

General summary of the FINAL update: All changes have been added on top of all the original keys. If you already purchased the set, you get these keys for free! We are covering the cost. If you join now, the cost has risen a nominal $5, but you get all of the additional keys and coverage.

We are sorry for any frustration, we really do hope you guys enjoy this set  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Sherry is absolutely the man for making this happen.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Jedi

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:03:45 »
Oh wow, that custom color :p
This is really nice work.  Already in for a set.  Thanks sherryton and livingspeedbump!

Offline ceflame

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:10:25 »
Awesome seeing you guys making these compromises. $135 is still completely fair, seeing the wide layout compatibility.
Joining in for a set now! p.s. still hate sales tax :(

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:19:53 »
p.s. still hate sales tax :(

ain't that the truth  >:D

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:36:24 »

General summary of the FINAL update: All changes have been added on top of all the original keys. If you already purchased the set, you get these keys for free! We are covering the cost. If you join now, the cost has risen a nominal $5, but you get all of the additional keys and coverage.

We are sorry for any frustration, we really do hope you guys enjoy this set  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

This means if we buy the set right up until the cut off date (January 17th) we can still get the 6 UK keys? For $5 I think it's worth it! Are there any price hikes between now and then? (i.e. if I order on the 16th of January will the price still be $135?)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:44:47 »

This means if we buy the set right up until the cut off date (January 17th) we can still get the 6 UK keys? For $5 I think it's worth it! Are there any price hikes between now and then? (i.e. if I order on the 16th of January will the price still be $135?)

Yes, this is correct. The price will only go up now after the GB is over and leftovers sell for retail.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:45:02 »

Yes! I think the date ends on January 13th. There should be leftovers though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 20:47:20 »

Yes! I think the date ends on January 13th. There should be leftovers though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the confirmation, happy days!!!

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 21:20:55 »
need an answer splease, are the red color is custom too or is it V1 red?
cause i want to buy spacebars from originative too if its V1.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 23:08:19 »

it is RO2, not V1

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 23:42:36 »

it is RO2, not V1

thx :)
ok now i dont need to buy additional spacebar cause its different xD
joining~  :thumb:

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 16:12:26 »
Thank you everyone who have participated in the Honeywell Group Buy so far and have continued to support us. For the people that have already joined, you guys will get our new updated kit with the extra keys at no extra cost. For all new participants, the cost have increased by $6. Andy and I will fill in the rest of the payments to help incur the costs.
Great news! As I've said earlier, now that the set has everything I need I'm back in the GB! :D Thank you to both of you!
it is RO2, not V1
Nice! From the photos I've seen RO2 looks way better than V1.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 December 2016, 11:35:07 by Endeavour1934 »

Offline soilheart

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 16:28:10 »
Derp

(I can't seem to find the delete button, is there one around?)
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 December 2016, 16:30:48 by soilheart »
(K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
(Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 19:40:22 »
You and Sherry are doing amazing things! Keep up the great work. The price for this set is a bargain as well. Thank you for keeping it affordable!

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 08:01:07 »
Taking a quick glance and wondering if this will fit an Ortholinear board. It doesn't look it but can you add Planck compatibility? :D

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 08:37:42 »
Very happy this supports 65% layout, but what does everyone think I should use as a 1u R1 backspace key for my 68 key?
keyboards.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 09:58:05 »
Taking a quick glance and wondering if this will fit an Ortholinear board. It doesn't look it but can you add Planck compatibility? :D

Not this time. We tried to keep the price as low as possible. Also, see earlier in this thread to see what happens when we listen to people mid-buy  :-X :-\

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 09:58:29 »
Very happy this supports 65% layout, but what does everyone think I should use as a 1u R1 backspace key for my 68 key?

There is a R1 1u Delete key that would work just fine.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 10:05:26 »
Yup, but I need that too :P It's using 1u del and 1u bs in place of the 2u bs.  I think the subtraction sign from the numpad will work well. 
keyboards.

Offline Cherry1990

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 16:13:26 »
Any possibility to have an European proxy, to get a shipment from Europe instead from USA?
After all, GMK is in Germany, and it is crazy (and sad!) for us Europeans to pay custom and shipment two times...
PBT forever!

Offline apfrancia

• Kiryuin slave
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 19:08:05 »
Any possibility to have an European proxy, to get a shipment from Europe instead from USA?
After all, GMK is in Germany, and it is crazy (and sad!) for us Europeans to pay custom and shipment two times...

and to asia as well  :-[

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 19:37:06 »

Agreed, if GMK was to be kept within Europe we'd save an insane amount of money, I wish there was a way - making that logistically possible however is probably not going to be very easy.

Offline ceflame

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 21:50:45 »

The caps are only produced by GMK. The retailer you're buying from is Originative.
I don't think it's that crazy if you think of it that way. And can you explain what you mean by paying custom and shipment two times?

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 22:56:14 »

The caps are only produced by GMK. The retailer you're buying from is Originative.
I don't think it's that crazy if you think of it that way. And can you explain what you mean by paying custom and shipment two times?

This is not a vendor sale though they are part of who is running it. This is a GB at a GB price. Originative would be selling it on a retail after GB closes.

Tax I believe is from GMK > US (we all pay) and then US > buyer (EU pay again).

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 23:12:56 »

This is not a vendor sale though they are part of who is running it. This is a GB at a GB price. Originative would be selling it on a retail after GB closes.

You're buying the set from a vendor, by definition this is a vendor sale.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 01:12:22 »
Mildy confused here - is ISO removed or not? The OP, kbdist, and Originativeco all show and mention the inclusion of ISO UK caps.

Offline poolside

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 05:30:08 »
Mildy confused here - is ISO removed or not? The OP, kbdist, and Originativeco all show and mention the inclusion of ISO UK caps.

ISO UK has been removed at some time but it is now back into the set. The renders you mention are up to date.

Edit: ISO UK
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 December 2016, 06:22:43 by poolside »

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 05:57:23 »

ISO has been removed at some time but it is now back into the set. The renders you mention are up to date.
Okay, thanks.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 09:23:53 »

Agreed, if GMK was to be kept within Europe we'd save an insane amount of money, I wish there was a way - making that logistically possible however is probably not going to be very easy.

Yeah this is true, but sadly not how it works. GMK sends out the full bulk shipment to whoever ordered it, in this case to Originative. We are saving money as a group buy because GMK is doing it as a bulk shipment, when they have to start counting sets, sorting them out, and shipping them to multiple places that group buy savings goes way down, price for everyone goes way up. It makes sense, but its no different than when people run buys in the UK from SP and all the sets are shipped there. Maybe one day there will be a good solution to this, I do understand how that would be frustrating.

Nope. This is DEFINITELY a vendor sale. Vendors CAN run group buys too ya know. If your logic was the case, Massdrop wouldnt be a vendor haha.

Originative will sell at retail after a group buy for a higher cost, because he shells out his own money to purchase extra sets, and that is a way to recoup the cost and have enough to run the next buy. Im 110% for selling retail sets for a significant amount more than group buy price, to encourage people to join the buy and help everyone save money. There have been times even I've not had money for a buy and known I'd be paying quite a bit more for a set later. I did that for Hyperfuse R2 actually.

ISO UK has been removed at some time but it is now back into the set. The renders you mention are up to date.

Edit: ISO UK

Yes, all renders are up to date now  :thumb: What you see is what you get!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 10:13:56 »
fantastic looling set guys

great work
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 11:46:09 »
fantastic looling set guys

great work

Thanks Bunny  :thumb:

Hope the holidays are treating you well on the other side of the pond

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #137 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 12:04:03 »
Extra 2.25u Shift, 1.25u R4 CapsLock with matching 1.75u R3 Control = first GMK set to achieve nearly full 660-compliance (still need the 1.25 Fn, though) :thumb:

That's an extra thumbs up :thumb:

The WIN logo key has been changed to "Code" so hopefully that works better for you, and everyone on other OS' as well. Fit the theme more I believe too. All in all just a more useful key I think.

Booya.  I should have done the same with my stormtrooper buy, but went with blanks instead.  UNIX/Linux/MacOS users unite!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 17:28:42 »

Booya.  I should have done the same with my stormtrooper buy, but went with blanks instead.  UNIX/Linux/MacOS users unite!

Linux users, destroy the peasants  >:D

:-* :))

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 16:38:50 »
BTW Honeywell GMK WILL ship in a tray with a white box, much like Carbon and Hydro if that wasn't clear  :thumb:

Offline WillSK

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 13:07:11 »
Hey guys,

Sooo before I drop a considerable amount of cash on this set can it please be clarified if I will be getting FULL ISO support I.e the relevant 2 key and £ key etc. I don't really want to buy if I'm not getting everything to do a full key swap out on my Filco TKL with exactly the correct keys.

Thanks in advance
FILCO MJ2 TKL - Browns

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 13:17:12 »
Hey guys,

Sooo before I drop a considerable amount of cash on this set can it please be clarified if I will be getting FULL ISO support I.e the relevant 2 key and £ key etc. I don't really want to buy if I'm not getting everything to do a full key swap out on my Filco TKL with exactly the correct keys.

Thanks in advance

Yes. If it is in the render in the OP you will get the cap at this point. nothing else is or will change.  :thumb:

Offline MMKB

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 22:51:55 »
Could sherryton share a picture of the GPA color chip if possible? I couldn't find any sample online and the rendered modifiers looks green-ish to me.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #143 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 22:58:12 »
Could sherryton share a picture of the GPA color chip if possible? I couldn't find any sample online and the rendered modifiers looks green-ish to me.

here's another render

EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 23 December 2016, 23:53:02 »

i think this is the right one

Offline WillSK

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 10:50:49 »
officially IN the GB. My first GB and my first aftermarket Keyset for my keyboard :) Cheers guys!
FILCO MJ2 TKL - Browns

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #146 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 13:42:47 »
officially IN the GB. My first GB and my first aftermarket Keyset for my keyboard :) Cheers guys!

Great choice for a first set! I'm sure you'll be very happy you joined!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 24 December 2016, 16:45:42 »

Awesome! Thanks for the support! We do really hope you enjoy it in the end!

Offline Cotay

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 18:17:17 »
Ah heck, I decided not to wait for payday and joined now since I needed to use some PayPal credit before my wife used it.  :)

Offline shawn o

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 20:28:38 »
Set looks great now, thanks!