Author Topic: hi all! new enthusiast excited to join  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Descartes

hi all! new enthusiast excited to join
« on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 16:39:05 »
Hi, everyone!

I finally decided to take the plunge and get a mechanical keyboard after wanting one for a long time. The forums were a big help when researching what I wanted to grab!

A quick opening question for folks: I got my POK3R with Cherry MX Clears. I like the way that they feel, but am worried that at the end of each of these first few days, my left pinky is tired. I am not mashing the keys---part of the reason I went the clears instead of browns was that I thought they would help me not bottom out, and so far as I can tell, I'm not (or only rarely) bottoming out. Did anyone else have a transition period when they first started using Clears? I'm wondering whether I should return the keyboard (with a restocking fee...) and go with browns....

So excited to be here!

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
Re: hi all! new enthusiast excited to join
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 18:45:39 »
Hi, everyone!

I finally decided to take the plunge and get a mechanical keyboard after wanting one for a long time. The forums were a big help when researching what I wanted to grab!

A quick opening question for folks: I got my POK3R with Cherry MX Clears. I like the way that they feel, but am worried that at the end of each of these first few days, my left pinky is tired. I am not mashing the keys---part of the reason I went the clears instead of browns was that I thought they would help me not bottom out, and so far as I can tell, I'm not (or only rarely) bottoming out. Did anyone else have a transition period when they first started using Clears? I'm wondering whether I should return the keyboard (with a restocking fee...) and go with browns....

So excited to be here!

Yo dog.
Clears are my favorite! I would recommend getting a switch tester on the cheap and trying out all sorts of options before dropping any real cash. But definitely don't keep using something that causes discomfort. Or just buy a whole bunch of boards to fit your moods :D

Offline Descartes

Re: hi all! new enthusiast excited to join
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 22:05:41 »
Haha—buying one for every mode is the eventual plan :) But we need to get there first.

I did get a switch tester. That's what actually pushed me towards the clears, as a I liked how much more tactile they were than the browns while still being quiet. I'll give them at least a few more days before giving up on them, as I do like the way that the rest of my fingers feel on such bumpy keys!

Have a good one!