Author Topic: [IC] GMK 9009  (Read 107284 times)

Offline avid

Re: [IC] GMK 9009
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 17:32:48 »
You're talking about an extreme fringe key (hack). I think people would rather see x2 caps lock (purse + german) rather than a hack key.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 17:50:09 »
You're talking about an extreme fringe key (hack). I think people would rather see x2 caps lock (purse + german) rather than a hack key.

Yes, I agree. I'm going to sleep now (00:37 am here). The slightly updated base kit is rendering now, I still have to make some models for the windowed caps lock, scroll-lock and num-lock which I will do tomorrow. All kit design and renders should be done by tomorrow and ready to put in for another quote at GMK. There will be the base kit, a space bar kit with centre stem 6u, 6.25u and 7u spacebars in 3B and 3C and a kit with Windows 10 keys, windowed keys and the "purse" caps lock keys.

I'm working with KP to set up a Chinese proxy right now. Here's their store, as you can see they are already running a ton of stuff!

https://cool-goods.world.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a1z09.1.a1zvx.d53.54f06f8bHZbEmN&mytmenu=mdianpu&user_number_id=1713761720

There are going to be some people displeased with the "purse" caps lock and Windows 10 keys being in a separate kit, even though it shouldn't cost much at all. I just feel like Windows 10 keys don't make sense on a set based on a board made in the 90's and that a German style caps lock makes more sense for a set based on a board made in Germany :P. Anyways, for those who want it, there still will be a (hopefully) affordable option.

As long as GMK doesn't take ages to reply this GB should be up in weeks time since kit design and renders will be done tomorrow, everything with the US and EU vendors is already set up and I'm in talks about the Asian proxy.

All by all, I hope that most people are going to be happy :) I really am putting as much effort into this as I can. Thank you again for all your enthusiasm, support and feedback! I can assure you that I will do everything I can to make this GB as snappy and smooth as possible!

Good night  :thumb:

Edit: ooh and per request, I am also bringing the front printed legends back to the numpad!

« Last Edit: Sun, 03 September 2017, 17:55:21 by janglad »

Offline hormbre

• I am not played by keycaps = =!
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 17:55:21 »
Well done ! Have a nice dream : )

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Offline avid

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 17:58:10 »
This is excellent janglad.

Have never seen anything go this fast and you responding to everything, poll us and GB is soon ready to go?

Is this your first GB janglad?

Offline Wicky

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 17:59:36 »
Am I crazy or does no one care about how the numpad has no sub-legends (nav keys + arrow keys) at all? Genuine question. I've brought this up and no one seems to mind. Because I thought the side printed sub-legends looked really unique on round 1 9009. Would really like to see them return.
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #255 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 18:01:48 »
This is excellent janglad.

Have never seen anything go this fast and you responding to everything, poll us and GB is soon ready to go?

Is this your first GB janglad?

This is indeed my first GB yes! However, by talking with a lot of people about running GB's over the months that I have been in the community I have sure picked up a lot of useful advice for which I am very thankful :) Also, the fact that I'll be working with already proven vendors for this set is also a big plus of course!

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 18:02:16 »
Am I crazy or does no one care about how the numpad has no sub-legends (nav keys + arrow keys) at all? Genuine question. I've brought this up and no one seems to mind. Because I thought the side printed sub-legends looked really unique on round 1 9009. Would really like to see them return.

Check my edit on my previous comment, I'm bringing them back!

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #257 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 18:02:47 »
Well done ! Have a nice dream : )

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thank you :D

Offline avid

« Reply #258 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 18:05:07 »
For 9009-rmk scalpers, it's time to sell your sets now  :D :D :D

Offline Owl-

« Reply #259 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 19:10:04 »

It's mostly there for dual Fn usage. it's a universal key to make things variant. Two Fn keys are perfectly fine regardless. It's pretty much what I'm requesting, an extra 1U Fn key, not some next thing. There's no point seeing two caps lock when there's just one spot that takes it.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #260 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 19:58:55 »
All i want is German caps and split space :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ullr

« Reply #261 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 22:02:04 »

It's mostly there for dual Fn usage. it's a universal key to make things variant. Two Fn keys are perfectly fine regardless. It's pretty much what I'm requesting, an extra 1U Fn key, not some next thing. There's no point seeing two caps lock when there's just one spot that takes it.

I also use two Fn keys with my 7u spacebar layouts, FWIW, and sets never have two  :(

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #262 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 22:18:52 »

I also use two Fn keys with my 7u spacebar layouts, FWIW, and sets never have two  :(

Me too actually. I just don't mind the win/Code/super key for the other one (right win key for me). But I'd probably use 2 fn keys if I had em. Still not important imo, but wouldn't be the worst thing. Could also just add a couple blanks as an alternative, but I'm sure for some that would be worse lol.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 02:39:15 »
Awwyisss thank you Janglad! I'm sure it is not only me who is happy to see the 1u Ctrl in pair!

Now if only the accent kit have arrows too, and the spacebar kit have 2u and 2x 1u convex  :p
I know Oco has them accents but damn that price and they now only offer $40++ shipping to my country. Bye.

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 04:25:52 »
Since we have a European Proxy, would it be possible to add an international kit? Maybe we can do it separated from this GB if it would take to long to sort things out but I bet there would definitely be enough interest for it.

The kit should be like the Carbon or Plum kit or even the reduced Nautilus kit would work for me.

177447-0
177449-1
177451-2

Maybe you can start an interest check and see if there is enough demand for that set?

If you don't want to do it, maybe someone else has the time and experience to run this?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #265 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 06:46:58 »
would it be possible to add an international kit?
In my opinion, a NorDe kit will likely fail with a Classic Beige scheme as you can find regional ISO keyboards with either dyesub or doubleshot keycaps with those colours.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 07:03:08 »
In my opinion, a NorDe kit will likely fail with a Classic Beige scheme as you can find regional ISO keyboards with either dyesub or doubleshot keycaps with those colours.

Therefore I suggested to run an interest check and see if there is enough demand.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #267 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 07:39:49 »

Therefore I suggested to run an interest check and see if there is enough demand.

There is no point in offering a beige international kit, because, this color may be the one with wider international coverage, if you want to adapt your upcoming 9009 to your language just get a Norde OG Cherry set and use the keys needed to make this compatible. The Wodan's kit makes all sense in special colors that you do not have any other source for, but not for beige.

Offline avid

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 07:49:38 »

norde kit wont reach MOQ outside of massdrop and even then it barely makes it and more often than not it wont reach MOQ. Nautilus was approx 2500 base-kits and 100 or so norde kits. Yuri sold 935 base kits and only 40 norde kits.

Since MOQ is 100 or so, its not feasible to run it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 September 2017, 07:52:13 by avid »

Offline chicagoboss25

• deskcandy.xyz | reddit.com/u/heroyjenkins
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #269 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 08:23:08 »
Looks great and love the classic and mellow vibes of the beige tones and accents, in for this :thumb:

Offline mastercheif116

« Reply #270 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 09:38:54 »
waiting with bated breath for those updated renders! Great work so far janglad!
Searching for the OG shine

Offline kwyryn

« Reply #271 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 09:58:42 »
exciting, can't wait for this

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #272 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 10:08:53 »
Can you please do R0 top row?

I will look into the pricing of this, it would sure make the set look a lot better on 75% and 96key boards! Thank you :)

Awesome! To further convince you and everyone else let me quote myself:

Let me explain why we all need this... In the old age, when humanity knew that keyboards were very important, and an effort should be put in to make them as awesome as they could, whatever the cost, there was a distinct profile for each row:

http://cherryamericas.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/12.gif

This, of course, is better for typing since the caps then compensate for the distance between them and your fingers by reaching out you. However, as time went on, more and more commoners have learned how to operate a personal computer, and commoners do not have the cognitive capacity to notice if the top and bottom two rows are the same profile or not, they probably pick with two fingers anyway. So, sadly, we have come to a time that it makes business sense to forego this vital function in the production of keyboards.

BUT, we, the enlighted souls, know better. Those that have tasted the sweet nectar of R0 have never looked back. Also, the unique profiles for each row make keyboards more beautiful, especially 75%-96% boards, since they make the landscape of the keyboard more varied, compensating for the lack of bezels inbetween keys.

The mould exist, as is known by Ivan's Miami Night's GB (RIP),

We would be talking about F1-F12,prtscr,scrllock,pause and for 96% users insert,home,pgup

Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #273 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 12:36:27 »
I need this to happen. Please go on and go to GB directly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #274 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 15:59:25 »
Hey guys!

As you can see I have updated the original post with the slightly updated base kit and the newly added add-on and space-bar kits. Like mentioned in the post, this kit design will stay locked unless major issues are found. The changes made are

• Adding a 1u ctrl for basic Planck support
  • Adding the front printed legends found on the original 9009 set
  • Adding an add-on kit so people will have the option to use Windows keys and the purse caps lock
  • Adding a space-bar kit with support for split space boards.

This will be put in for a second quote over on GMK. I will be sure that all pages on vendor sites will be set up as soon as possible, meaning that the set will go on sale as soon as I receive a reply from Germany! Thank you for helping to make this set a reality!
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 September 2017, 16:03:48 by janglad »

Offline avid

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 16:12:13 »
Very happy with the kits! Can't wait to place my order.

1) Was something like f5-f8 and colored arrow keys not something that was popular enough? I think this is something you can use both with this set and with any other beige sets for some nice contrast.

2) With regards to the windows logo, i think a lot of people would like and prefer the GMK classic retro symbol instead. The normal one is not as nice. Different logo shouldnt change the price quote from GMK i suppose if its being changed. The old windows logo fit in so good with a classic white/beige set.

« Last Edit: Mon, 04 September 2017, 16:19:34 by avid »

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #276 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 16:19:27 »
Can we have 1u winkeys in R5 profile at least? They would match the old winkeyless R5 sets.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 16:55:40 »
Please add a 00 Key!

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #278 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 16:57:34 »
Please add a 00 Key!

Are there many people who actually use that though? I haven't seen it around much at all :/

Offline mastercheif116

« Reply #279 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 16:59:12 »
Hey guys!

As you can see I have updated the original post with the slightly updated base kit and the newly added add-on and space-bar kits. Like mentioned in the post, this kit design will stay locked unless major issues are found. The changes made are

• Adding an add-on kit so people will have the option to use Windows keys and the purse caps lock

This will be put in for a second quote over on GMK. I will be sure that all pages on vendor sites will be set up as soon as possible, meaning that the set will go on sale as soon as I receive a reply from Germany! Thank you for helping to make this set a reality!

Looked great before, and its even more perfect now. Cannot wait to splash out for this!
Searching for the OG shine

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #280 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 16:59:29 »
Very happy with the kits! Can't wait to place my order.

1) Was something like f5-f8 and colored arrow keys not something that was popular enough? I think this is something you can use both with this set and with any other beige sets for some nice contrast.

2) With regards to the windows logo, i think a lot of people would like and prefer the GMK classic retro symbol instead. The normal one is not as nice. Different logo shouldnt change the price quote from GMK i suppose if its being changed. The old windows logo fit in so good with a classic white/beige set.

Show Image

75.5% of people in the poll didn't care about the F-keys, so I decided to not add them. Also, even though I would personally like an older Windows logo a lot more people just almost didn't ask for that but kept asking about the Windows 10 keys :/

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #281 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 17:00:02 »
Can we have 1u winkeys in R5 profile at least? They would match the old winkeyless R5 sets.

Show Image

I get the appeal of this, but you have to understand that this would add cost to this set for keys that aren't even compatible with this set.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 17:00:28 »
Hey guys!

Looked great before, and its even more perfect now. Cannot wait to splash out for this!

I'm glad you're liking it. I tried to find the best balance possible :)

Offline avid

« Reply #283 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 17:05:50 »
Ok didnt knew that about win logo they used a different printing.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 September 2017, 17:14:59 by avid »

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #284 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 17:06:53 »
Remember that the win 95 logo is pad printed. Nobody wants pad printed top legends.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 17:28:01 »
I know you're probably set on GMK, and I'll probably still be in for a set if it's ABS, but I wonder how many people would want 9009 in PBT.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 17:34:14 »
I know you're probably set on GMK, and I'll probably still be in for a set if it's ABS, but I wonder how many people would want 9009 in PBT.

There was one of those recently, but sadly it's a lot harder to get colour right when you're not working with the original manufacturer of the set

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 19:56:53 »
How is this IC so long already?

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 19:59:17 »
So no 2u convex and 1u convex in spacebar kit janglad?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 20:40:37 »

9009 is abs double shot, the same color without highlights is already available as ePBT, you should ask someone running those GB and stock sets to issue a knockoff of the highlights, it would be all you need to have a full 9009 like set.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 21:04:48 »

Cause 9009 is op

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 21:05:05 »

9009 is abs double shot, the same color without highlights is already available as ePBT, you should ask someone running those GB and stock sets to issue a knockoff of the highlights, it would be all you need to have a full 9009 like set.

Jchan tried to run the pbt version of these on keyclack and they didn't hit MOQ. That's what the photo above is from

https://www.keyclack.com/groupbuy/pbt9009

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 21:08:15 »

Jchan tried to run the pbt version of these on keyclack and they didn't hit MOQ. That's what the photo above is from

Of course, the comment was focused to let the guy that this set would not be a good candidate for PBT, if he wants it just with a few highlights a decent knockoff could be put together, I do not have any interest in PBT my self, for the record.

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 21:58:19 »

Because a lot of thing are either

1. Being changed
2. Being removed
3. Being added

Like in page 4, some people including me has suggested to run the same old successful kit and just a few things that people are missing. Feels like this is not Round 2 since it has become a completely different set. Should be renamed to GMK 9009 Janglad Edition  :p :p

Offline Jedi

« Reply #294 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 22:10:51 »

Please no, its GMK or bust!  Can't wait for the GB phase @janglad, thanks for putting in all the work :thumb:

Offline ipreferpie

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 00:48:43 »
Is it too late to add Colemak/Dvorak support now that Yuri and Nautilus has led the way for molds?

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #296 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 00:51:42 »

Please no, its GMK or bust!  Can't wait for the GB phase @janglad, thanks for putting in all the work :thumb:
There was a GB just recently for that:

https://www.keyclack.com/groupbuy/pbt9009

It did not reach MOQ afaik.

GMK or bust!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #297 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 02:35:11 »

Show Image

I get the appeal of this, but you have to understand that this would add cost to this set for keys that aren't even compatible with this set.
I surely do and I do understand why it's not gonna be added. Thanks for your reply.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 06:25:57 »

Because a lot of thing are either

1. Being changed
2. Being removed
3. Being added

Like in page 4, some people including me has suggested to run the same old successful kit and just a few things that people are missing. Feels like this is not Round 2 since it has become a completely different set. Should be renamed to GMK 9009 Janglad Edition  :p :p

Well, I don't really see how changing 2 keys turns this into a completely different set. Even if you think that's true, grab the add-on kit and you get your purse caps lock and Windows 10 keys back. I also don't really see how you don't see a German caps lock and no Windows keys just make more sense on a keyset based on a keyboard made in Germany in the 90's.

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 06:27:33 »
So no 2u convex and 1u convex in spacebar kit janglad?

Out of the almost 260 people who filled in the form 3 people requested that :/