Author Topic: XMIT Hall Effect TKL (bamboo), open box, $64 shipped  (Read 1253 times)

Online ander

• Clickety, clickety
XMIT Hall Effect TKL (bamboo), open box, $64 shipped
« on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 06:42:30 »
EDIT: This listing has ended; scroll down for current listing

- - -

XMIT Hall Effect Mechanical Keyboard - Bamboo

BIN $61.69, free U.S. shipping.

I love mine... If you missed out when they were offered here, now's your chance.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 September 2017, 22:51:26 by ander »
Imagine that everything you are typing is being read by the person you are applying to for your first job. Imagine that it's all going to be seen by your parents and your grandparents and your grandchildren as well. – Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web

Offline JP

Re: XMIT Hall Effect TKL (bamboo), open box, $61 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 10:14:47 »
It's gone. I hear XMIT is working on a round 2 which I am looking forward to.
You can either buy clothes or buy keyboards, it's that simple. No one who is not very rich can do both. Pay no attention to your clothes and no attention at all to the mode, and buy your clothes for comfort and durability, and you will have the clothes money to buy keyboards.

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 13:24:02 »
Is round 2 still slated to have non-linear options?

Offline JP

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 13:41:32 »

Not sure. Check this post for the latest scoop. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90287.0
You can either buy clothes or buy keyboards, it's that simple. No one who is not very rich can do both. Pay no attention to your clothes and no attention at all to the mode, and buy your clothes for comfort and durability, and you will have the clothes money to buy keyboards.

Online ander

• Clickety, clickety
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 18:45:29 »

Yep!:

We're adding a click leaf! This will give Alps-like audible and tactile feedback when typing.

He's also talking about offering a clicky-retrofit kit for existing owners.

I'm split on the issue, personally. I love klicky, klack keebs (or KKK). But Hall Effect switches are the most legendarily smooth switches, as they require no physical contact for actuation—just a magnet slightly shifting to alter the flow of electrons in an adjoining part. Adding a bump and/or click to such a subtly magnificently thing seems like, well:

178160-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 September 2017, 19:08:25 by ander »
Imagine that everything you are typing is being read by the person you are applying to for your first job. Imagine that it's all going to be seen by your parents and your grandparents and your grandchildren as well. – Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web

Online ekeppel

Online ander

• Clickety, clickety
Re: XMIT Hall Effect TKL (bamboo), open box, $64 shipped
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 22:52:12 »
Ha, you beat me to it