Author Topic: Looking for a soldering tip for a Weller WES51  (Read 1815 times)

Offline jcoffin1981

Looking for a soldering tip for a Weller WES51
« on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 21:21:59 »
I'm looking for a tip for my Weller soldering station.  It came with a fairly wide chisel tip and while I  love the station, the tip is awkward and  would be much improved with a tip of my preference.  I'm looking for a blunt conical tip.  I have searched ebay, amazon, and the Weller site.  Weller has so many stations, tips, and irons and they all seem to have unique tips and it's very difficult to find what I'm looking for, and many come in bundles of 5 to 10 tips.  The flat tip and the chisel tip I  have little use for. 

Everything I have found has been for bundles of aftermarket tips.  I don't mind spending 10 to 15 dollars for what I am looking for.  Any advice would be appreciated.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline Tactile

Re: Looking for a soldering tip for a Weller WES51
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 21:46:28 »
Here's the Weller selection of tips for that station. You can find the part number (ETA, ETCC, etc) for what you like & search elsewhere or you can buy (if they're in stock) direct from Weller.
REΛLFORCE

Offline Sangdrax

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 22:27:09 »
The $5 chinese ones on ebay are good enough quality. I've gotten similar knockoffs for my Hakko 937 and they work as well as the brand tips. It is a lot cheaper to get them in a bundle though. I got five conical tips for like $15.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 06:47:25 »
This is helpful.  I don't know why I just didn't find the manufacturer's site.  It's confusing because they have so many different series of tips.  Hakko seems to be universal, Weller not so much.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.