Author Topic: [GB] Maxkey Lime for NA (Open)  (Read 9536 times)

Offline lekashman

[GB] Maxkey Lime for NA (Open)
« on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 16:12:32 »
Maxkey Lime Group Buy - Now Available on Kono!

LINK TO GROUP BUY:
http://mechkeys.link/GB-LIME-GEEKHACK

In light of the recent family obligations that jchan has that are causing a brief hiatus from adding new business to www.keyclack.com, Designer kingnestea approached us and asked if it would be possible to run the US portion of Maxkey Lime through our new storefront: https://kono.store. We are pleased to announce that the group buy window is now open as of today on Kono, and that we are excited to be running our first keycap group buy for a community member.

Link to original GB - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91208.0

The full set is priced at $99 USD and shipping is auto-calculated based on your address.

This will be the first set produced and shipped with Maxkey's new tooling that fixes and adjusts many of their legend issues in previous sets.

It will be a Doubleshot ABS SA Profile keycap set with a glossy finish.

We anticipate beginning production in October with the several hundred other keycap sets from the EU / Asia group buy, receiving the finished product in November, and fulfilling on December 10th.

The keycaps will be shipped in trays, included in the price.

For some background as to why we are doing this, as many of you know we (Input Club) recently completed a large Kickstarter for the WhiteFox Mechanical Keyboard. In order to produce and ship the thousands of keyboards requested, we have scaled up a very effective and organized shipping and fulfillment operation. We are currently in production for the WhiteFox, and when we were approached by kingnestea as a possible group buy location for Lime, we all agreed that it would be an excellent fit. It also helped that Maxkey Lime is a beautiful set and looks excellent on a WhiteFox!

In short, Kono.store is now very able to handle complex keyboard and keycap orders, and we will be doing more fun and interesting things in the near future. If you like this sort of thing, please let us know what we can do to build and improve it, as this is our first run at doing this. That shouldn't be interpreted as us being inexperienced, as I have coordinated over 1000 group buys, just not through Kono!

Here are some more pictures because the keycaps are so pleasant to look at:

Offline Moderation Team

• * Global Moderator
Re: [GB] Maxkey Lime for NA (Open)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 20:47:53 »
As a reminder to all, CAVEAT EMPTOR

GLWGB! :thumb:

Offline lekashman

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 20:54:27 »
Reserved for updates - Also thank you Moderation Team!

Offline Lepidus

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 21:04:39 »
It will be a Doubleshot ABS SA Profile keycap set with a glossy finish.

Wait, is it different from previous maxkey sets? I heard they were a little bit more matte than signature plastics semi-matte SA, is that correct?

Offline lekashman

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 21:38:23 »
They are different in that they have updated tooling for many of the legends, this was established in the interest check. (Link:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=89839.100)

They are actually going to be glossy, not matte as well. I will post updates in this thread when I receive samples.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 22:13:02 »
Glad to see this available for NA.  Do you have a definite cutoff date?

Offline lekashman

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 23:51:13 »
There will be a Mid-October Cut-off date, essentially whenever Maxkey finishes tooling the updated molds and approves us to move ahead with production.

We may over-order a bit though so that we can quickly bring it back online.

Offline lekashman

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 10:27:14 »
Also - Congratulations to Chris Woodward for winning our SA Lime giveaway that was paired with a WhiteFox Mechanical keyboard - http://mechkeys.link/whitefox-maxkey-lime-giveaway

People really seemed to like us doing this (there were nearly 6,000 entrants), so it is definitely something we will continue to offer when we do Group Buys!

Offline Buggot

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 16:11:02 »
Also - Congratulations to Chris Woodward for winning our SA Lime giveaway that was paired with a WhiteFox Mechanical keyboard - http://mechkeys.link/whitefox-maxkey-lime-giveaway

People really seemed to like us doing this (there were nearly 6,000 entrants), so it is definitely something we will continue to offer when we do Group Buys!

Dang. I love that colorway. Thanks for the giveaway anyways though!

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 15:13:59 »
I was watching the IC and almost missed this. Only saw it because someone mentioned it in the Laser thread.
You may want to see if the mods will put a link to this GB in the IC thread.

Offline lekashman

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 18:33:50 »
The group buy for SA Lime is getting close to closing - if you would like to participate, you probably should do so soon!

Group Buy Link - https://kono.store/products/maxkey-lime-group-buy

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 18:58:36 »
Am I missing something or is there no firm end date?

Offline lekashman

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 19:06:57 »
There is no firm end date right now - several members of Input Club are physically meeting with Maxkey in China this week and then we will announce the firm end date.

Offline energyd

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 20:00:19 »
Will this fit a cyan case?

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 02:24:00 »
What’s the MOQ on this?

Offline lekashman

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 19:37:55 »
@energyd - Can you clarify? This is a group buy for SA profile keycaps, there is no keyboard in this.

@mudcakehoney - The MOQ has been reached, as this is a two stage group buy, the first half of which was for Europe + Asia. This portion is for North America, though it does ship worldwide.

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 21:54:06 »
@mudcakehoney - The MOQ has been reached, as this is a two stage group buy, the first half of which was for Europe + Asia. This portion is for North America, though it does ship worldwide.

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear. I got burnt on a set recently not hitting MOQ so just making sure this is going ahead too :)

Offline energyd

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 18:33:21 »
@energyd - Can you clarify? This is a group buy for SA profile keycaps, there is no keyboard in this.

Yea I'm just wondering except Grey case what else could go well with this set. Would cyan case go well with the set?

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 19:59:42 »
I think black silver and wood would look best

Offline lekashman

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 18:49:50 »
Cyan would no doubt be very refreshing with Lime. Metallic or wooden colors accent well with green and grey, and a light blue metal case is definitely within that category.

Black looks good because of high contrast, but I think silver is the optimal choice.

This is of course, just my opinion!

Offline bminhz

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 19:18:36 »
since the GB still open from what I understand....is it possible for me to back out?

Offline lekashman

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 20:06:19 »
All orders for Maxkey Lime have been placed, production should begin shortly. This is later than we would have liked, which means we are going to be pushing the delivery date to early January. Everyone who participated in the buy has been emailed and notified of this.

Another update will be posted when manufacturing has been completed and the keycap sets are en route to our US fulfillment center.

Thank you to everyone for participating, looking forward to getting these all delivered!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 17:44:21 »
Everyone has been notified?  I wasn’t notified. Thanks for updating here

Offline Canceaux

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 17:52:53 »
So it seems that EU and Asian orders are shipping (see https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91208.50); any update on how long NA shipping will take?
Leopold FC750R, Cherry MX Blues

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 03:01:05 »
So it seems that EU and Asian orders are shipping (see https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91208.50); any update on how long NA shipping will take?

Kono store is showing early January for the sets
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co